PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Beasly Makes Kahn look like a genius

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 12:14 AM
been on fire this season. It is amazing the Twolves only had to give up a couple 2nd rd picks. I think he will make the all star team. He is really coming into his own playing the 3 postion he steped up big 2 nite and hit the game winning shot with 2 seconds remaing in the game. WE SHOULD OF GOT BEASLY. props to Beasley for turning his game around Miami was a bad fit for him.

cdash
11-18-2010, 12:18 AM
A) This does not make Kahn look like a genius. Just "not as horrible."
B) Beasley will not make the All-Star game. He's getting high usage on an awful team. He's on a hot streak. I think he will be good, but I'm not sure this level of production sticks.
C) We couldn't have gotten Beasley, we didn't have the cap space. Minnesota absorbed him into their cap space, which is why they only had to give up the two second rounders. Miami wasn't going to take back salary for Beasley.

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 12:26 AM
A) This does not make Kahn look like a genius. Just "not as horrible."
B) Beasley will not make the All-Star game. He's getting high usage on an awful team. He's on a hot streak. I think he will be good, but I'm not sure this level of production sticks.
C) We couldn't have gotten Beasley, we didn't have the cap space. Minnesota absorbed him into their cap space, which is why they only had to give up the two second rounders. Miami wasn't going to take back salary for Beasley.

I know thats why cap space is so valuble. Next season we will be able to do deals like that. I mean we problly could have got him on draft day for a future first rd pick. I just cant belive that miami pratically traded Beasly for Mike miller. If he was in Miami they could of put LBJ at pg and Beasly at the 3. It wasnt like beasly was horrid last yr he ave. 14 ppg out of postion which is pretty good.

cdash
11-18-2010, 12:28 AM
I know thats why cap space is so valuble. Next season we will be able to do deals like that. I mean we problly could have got him on draft day for a future first rd pick. I just cant belive that miami pratically traded Beasly for Mike miller. If he was in Miami they could of put LBJ at pg and Beasly at the 3. It wasnt like beasly was horrid last yr he ave. 14 ppg out of postion which is pretty good.

I'm not certain that he was out of position. He's playing well at the 3 this year, but I'm not so sure that the 4 isn't his long-term home in the NBA.

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm not certain that he was out of position. He's playing well at the 3 this year, but I'm not so sure that the 4 isn't his long-term home in the NBA.

I projected him as a 3 coming out of collge and from what ive seen from him this yr backs that up. Have u seen him play this yr??? he looks like a brand new player this yr. Watch the highlights of tonights game he can get to he hoop off the dribble and finish well. Watch the last play of the game 2 nite they ran an iso for him like he was a SG and he drained it. He dribbles and hanldes the ball really well for his size.

He was doing what he did on that last play a lot but i was more impressed with how easy it is for him to get to the rim. and his 3pt stroke is nice

imawhat
11-18-2010, 01:02 AM
It's easy to pick on Kahn, but I thought this was a damn good move for them.

He's looked great lately and tonight was another one of those good games. He's a beast and he's starting to look like he did at K St.

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 01:10 AM
It's easy to pick on Kahn, but I thought this was a damn good move for them.

He's looked great lately and tonight was another one of those good games. He's a beast and he's starting to look like he did at K St.

I am actually starting to like the Al Jefferson trade Love and Beasly complment each other so well. Jefferson was a defensive liablity and can clog the paint at times on offense. Which prevents guys like Beasley slashers and drivers( and shooter lol) from being there most effective. But i would have thoght they could have got more for big AL. But they do NEED a center Darko is starting lol. They should have Drafted Demarcus Cousins instead of wes johnson and then they would be one promising young team.

PR07
11-18-2010, 03:06 AM
It was an easy move for the T-wolves, as they gave up pretty much nothing. It would've been nice to see the Pacers take a flyer on him, but I don't think we wanted to risk anymore character headaches at that kind of price.

Trophy
11-18-2010, 09:20 AM
We didn't need Beasley who didn't do well at PF.

They were in need of a SF and they found one and that team still can't win.

Trader Joe
11-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Michael Beasley meet Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim meet Michael Beasley.

Unclebuck
11-18-2010, 10:01 AM
There was never a question about Beasley's talent, but there seems to be just something not quite right about him. But he is a talented scorer - he was the second pick in the draft a few years back

cordobes
11-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Beasley has always been a talented scorer, a very good shot-creator. Has great go-to moves, like that dribble-stepback game winning basket today. Problem has always been the rest of his game: decision-making (shot-selection, shot-hogging, moving off the ball) and non-scoring contributions.

I also think his long term future is at the 4. At the 3 he's a huge defensive liability... for the time being one can live with that because he wasn't any better defending 4s. At least he becomes a plus rebounder instead of a liability on the boards.

Anyway, his improvement this season... it's mostly coming of using more possessions to create his own shot and hitting more long jump-shots. He's basically the same player he was in Miami, but now he gets more touches and jacks up more shots.

His efficiency is up because he's shooting 16-23ft jumpshots at a spectacular 55 FG% rate and he's shooting 52% on 3PT shots - up from 39% and 28% last season, respectively. He's taking 5.8 long twos per game (5.8!! I noticed he was taking a lot of them, but this is crazy for his efficiency) + 2 triples.

Not sure if those numbers will hold. He won't shoot 52% from behind the line and that efficiency in long twos is unprecedented. Not even Dirk or Ben Gordon were ever close to that in their best years. So, if I were Kahn I wouldn't be too comfortable in my reputation being dependent on Beasley improving his efficiency from 16 feet out over 20% in a single season.

If he stays at the 3 and keeps somehow respectable numbers, he reminds me a lot of Big Dog. Similar player, same type of game, same strengths, same weaknesses, more or less the same level. Hard player to build around. The real good deal for the Kahn was fleecing Memphis to get Love and Mike Miller for Mayo and Jaric's awful contract. One of the best trades of the decade.

cordobes
11-18-2010, 10:21 AM
I'd hate the idea of developing a frontcourt of Beasley+Love+Cousins. Two awful defenders + a below average one. I don't like to put young players in that kind of situation.

wintermute
11-18-2010, 10:53 AM
The real good deal for the Kahn was fleecing Memphis to get Love and Mike Miller for Mayo and Jaric's awful contract. One of the best trades of the decade.

That was Kevin McHale.

I'd hate the idea of developing a frontcourt of Beasley+Love+Cousins. Two awful defenders + a below average one. I don't like to put young players in that kind of situation.

Good thing Cousins isn't on the Wolves then ;)

Doddage
11-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Anyway, his improvement this season... it's mostly coming of using more possessions to create his own shot and hitting more long jump-shots. He's basically the same player he was in Miami, but now he gets more touches and jacks up more shots.
I disagree. In Miami he wasn't close to the isolation player that he is in Minnesota. Now that he doesn't have a ball-dominant player like Wade to play next to, he's able to do his own thing. It's the same reason that Bosh's production in Miami has mostly gone down... he's not playing the same role he did on Toronto where he could iso all he wanted.

cordobes
11-18-2010, 11:05 AM
I disagree. In Miami he wasn't close to the isolation player that he is in Minnesota. Now that he doesn't have a ball-dominant player like Wade to play next to, he's able to do his own thing. It's the same reason that Bosh's production in Miami has mostly gone down... with his previous team, he had a lot more opportunities to create his own shot.

I agree he's more opportunities, that's exactly what I said: "using more possessions to create his own shot". What do you disagree with?

That was Kevin McHale.

Good thing Cousins isn't on the Wolves then ;)

Yeps. We can give Kahn credit for making the right decision when he decided to keep Love and trade Al Jefferson + for not falling into the temptation of putting that frontcourt together even though Cousins has much more potential than Wes Johnson.

Doddage
11-18-2010, 11:07 AM
I agree he's more opportunities, that's exactly what I said: "using more possessions to create his own shot". What do you disagree with?
This:

He's basically the same player he was in Miami

cordobes
11-18-2010, 11:20 AM
This:

Read the sentence till the end.

But in terms of skills, of talent, he is. Just like Bosh isn't a worse player now, he just has a different role. Same situation with Beasley. Different role + hitting lots of long jumpers.

ballism
11-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Well, whether the long jumpers keep falling like they do is to be seen. He's amazing on those so far.

But his confidence is amazing as well. Both in taking the shots and - more importantly - in communicating. He seems too quirky to me, but it seems to work for that team. Just an example. During one of the first games of the season, i saw Milicic go to the bench with a /facepalm expression, talking something in (probably) Serbian with Pekovic, their rookie C. And I thought 'uh oh, they brought together two questionable character Yugoslavians and now they are hanging out alone'. Last night, I see Beasley with his hand around Milicic during a timeout, and Milicic seems more friendly and warm than I've ever seen him. His chemistry with Love during timeouts seems amazing as well.

Looks like Beasley is really developing positive connection between people in that locker room. He's always been a talent, but I would have never imagined him as a good leader and positive influence in locker room.

I don't know if he keeps raining long jumpers. And what he does when teams start forcing him go right every time he gets the ball. But if he just keeps up his current demeanor, I believe he will have the Most Improved Player locked up.

Justin Tyme
11-18-2010, 12:18 PM
I am actually starting to like the Al Jefferson trade Love and Beasly complment each other so well. Jefferson was a defensive liablity and can clog the paint at times on offense. Which prevents guys like Beasley slashers and drivers( and shooter lol) from being there most effective. But i would have thoght they could have got more for big AL. But they do NEED a center Darko is starting lol. They should have Drafted Demarcus Cousins instead of wes johnson and then they would be one promising young team.

The trade of Jefferson to Utah has worked out well too.

OakMoses
11-18-2010, 12:35 PM
When Beasley puts up good numbers on a team that wins at least 30 games, then I'll care.

Getting Beasley was a no-brainer for Kahn. He knew his team was going nowhere and that their cap space was useless because no decent player would sign with them. He gave up nothing for Beasley. As long as you don't care about winning games, there's absolutely no issue with bringing him in. I'm sure that Spoelstra and Riley could have had a more Beasley-friendly system in Miami, but they cared about winning, not about statistics.

Getting Beasley was a low-risk, high-reward move. Calling Kahn a genius for it is roughly the equivalent of calling a poker player a genius for shoving all-in pre-flop with pocket A's. Even if it goes horribly wrong, you still made the right play.

ballism
11-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Getting Beasley was a low-risk, high-reward move. Calling Kahn a genius for it is roughly the equivalent of calling a poker player a genius for shoving all-in pre-flop with pocket A's. Even if it goes horribly wrong, you still made the right play.

Except you aren't going all-in.
It's turning out to be a great move, because he really didn't risk anything, and a number of teams didn't want to make it. Like Nets, they had the space, needed a SF, and chose to pay 28 mil to Travis Outlaw instead of taking Beasley with 11 mil for 2 years - or getting them both.
It's more like making a small bet after every other player at the table shows a weakness, and bringing down a very considerable pot. :)

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 01:04 PM
I disagree. In Miami he wasn't close to the isolation player that he is in Minnesota. Now that he doesn't have a ball-dominant player like Wade to play next to, he's able to do his own thing. It's the same reason that Bosh's production in Miami has mostly gone down... he's not playing the same role he did on Toronto where he could iso all he wanted.

Funny thing is Beaslys stats from last year are very simalr to Chris Bosh's this year. Still very early

90'sNBARocked
11-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17945#ixzz15fASaKuG
By: Bill Ingram

When the Miami HEAT traded 2008 second overall draft pick Michael Beasley to the Minnesota Timberwolves for two future second round picks it represented two things. First, the HEAT were clearing cap space at all costs in their quest to add top free agents; second, they really weren't sold that Beasley was going to evolve into a player worthy of that second overall pick. HEAT President Pat Riley had misgivings about drafting Beasley in the first place, and multiple off-court issues soured him even further. Whatever the reasons, the Timberwolves were more than happy to take what was essentially a no-risk trade for Minnesota.

So far, the deal is working out incredibly well for the Timberwolves. In fact, some might argue it's working out better for Minnesota than it is for Miami. When Beasley arrived in Minnesota he was greeted by a clean slate, with GM David Kahn even being fined for going to great and detailed lengths to explain just how clean Beasley's slate was. We are, after all, talking about a kid who came to the NBA after just one year of college. Small wonder that there were a few poor decisions made early on, or that a 20-year-old had trouble adapting to celebrity, money and South Beach, all heaped onto him at once.

In Minnesota, the climate may have been colder, but the reception was warmer, and the older and wiser young man from Maryland took to both immediately. He earned a starting spot at small forward with his attitude in training camp and hard work during preseason, and through 12 games he's averaging 22.2 points, 5.3 rebounds, and even 1.7 assists while shooting 50% from the field and 52% from three. He's also getting better with each passing game, having averaged 32.6 points over the last five games while shooting over 53% from the field. He even hit the game-winner last night in his team's win over the LA Clippers.

"I think I'm getting there," Beasley said following the game of becoming Minnesota's go-to guy. "Every game Coach (Kurt Rambis) is finding the confidence in me to close out games. But we've got so many guys that can knock down shots. We're just waiting for our numbers to be called."

Not bad for a guy the Timberwolves acquired for two second round picks.

Admittedly, the NBA draft seems to become more of a guessing game each season. With younger and younger players going higher and higher in the draft, teams are essentially gambling on what the player they choose might become in two or three seasons. In the ultimate irony, our instant gratification culture often causes teams to give on those players before they've had the necessary time to grow as people, let along athletes. That seems to be the case with the Miami HEAT and Michael Beasley, and we can't help but wonder if they're beginning to regret giving up on the young man they took with the second overall pick just two years ago.

One thing's for sure: the Minnesota Timberwolves couldn't be happier, and they're already starting to make the case for Beasley as the early frontrunner for Most Improved Player.

At this point, is there even a close second?

I really wish we would have taken a chance on this kid. He is lighting it up now, and all he costs was two second round picks

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 03:17 PM
I really wish we would have taken a chance on this kid. He is lighting it up now, and all he costs was two second round picks

woul of cost us more. Because we didnt have cap room we probly could of got him on draft day for a future 1st rder which would still been a great deal. He is really good

Smoothdave1
11-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Two words I never thought I would hear in the same sentence: Kahn & genius.

cdash
11-18-2010, 03:54 PM
woul of cost us more. Because we didnt have cap room we probly could of got him on draft day for a future 1st rder which would still been a great deal. He is really good

We still couldn't have done that without throwing salary Miami's way. We couldn't absorb his contract without giving up $6 million or so in salary. It doesn't matter if it is on draft day or not.

Edit: For what it's worth, I think you guys are getting way too excited about a hot 8 game stretch. He isn't going to keep shooting like this and his attitude concerns are still there. Even if we could have gotten him for two second rounders, I'm not sure I would want to take a chance on his attitude.

xBulletproof
11-18-2010, 04:09 PM

That's not fair off the court, anyway.

Shareef seemed like a good guy to me, Beasley just seems .... off.

Trader Joe
11-18-2010, 04:12 PM
That's not fair off the court, anyway.

Shareef seemed like a good guy to me, Beasley just seems .... off.

I was just talking about on the court.

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 04:54 PM
We still couldn't have done that without throwing salary Miami's way. We couldn't absorb his contract without giving up $6 million or so in salary. It doesn't matter if it is on draft day or not.

Edit: For what it's worth, I think you guys are getting way too excited about a hot 8 game stretch. He isn't going to keep shooting like this and his attitude concerns are still there. Even if we could have gotten him for two second rounders, I'm not sure I would want to take a chance on his attitude.

im not a cap expert but im pretty sure if we would have trade per say magnum Rolle for him draft day the league would accept that trade but im not sure about that.

xBulletproof
11-18-2010, 04:57 PM
im not a cap expert but im pretty sure if we would have trade per say magnum Rolle for him draft day the league would accept that trade but im not sure about that.

No. That would be trading Magnums draft rights, he isn't under contract so there's no salary involved in that deal, except for Beasleys. We are over the cap so we must match any incoming salary with salary. Miami didn't want any salary back.

We weren't an option. Only a couple teams were options at the time, which is why it isn't an amazing move for Kahn. It was a no brainer.

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 05:06 PM
No. That would be trading Magnums draft rights, he isn't under contract so there's no salary involved in that deal, except for Beasleys. We are over the cap so we must match any incoming salary with salary. Miami didn't want any salary back.

We weren't an option. Only a couple teams were options at the time, which is why it isn't an amazing move for Kahn. It was a no brainer.

it still a great move NJ could of done it they didnt SAC could of done it but didnt. The Knicks could of done it also he would be a great fit with Mike D tony. You have to give him credit for having the cap room look at there roster no one on there team makes more than 6 million pretty impressive(only team in the league makes the owner happy :)).

BringJackBack
11-19-2010, 12:06 AM
it still a great move NJ could of done it they didnt SAC could of done it but didnt. The Knicks could of done it also he would be a great fit with Mike D tony. You have to give him credit for having the cap room look at there roster no one on there team makes more than 6 million pretty impressive(only team in the league makes the owner happy :)).

If I was the owner of the Timberwolves I would be very mad that the genius David Kahn resigned Darko to a 4yr/20 million extension. I also wouldn't be happy about Ricky Rubio, as well as their talent. Oh yeah, I wouldn't be too happy about the Al Jefferson trade either. I knew it had to be done.. but Koufos? Really?

That said, the Beasley trade was a no-brainer.

pacer4ever
11-19-2010, 12:18 AM
If I was the owner of the Timberwolves I would be very mad that the genius David Kahn resigned Darko to a 4yr/20 million extension. I also wouldn't be happy about Ricky Rubio, as well as their talent. Oh yeah, I wouldn't be too happy about the Al Jefferson trade either. I knew it had to be done.. but Koufos? Really?

That said, the Beasley trade was a no-brainer.

the Al jefferson trade makes them better just watch this yr compared to last yr. Also Ricky Rubio is gonna be good. I didnt like drafting flynn 4th but w/e. That Darko deal is horrid lol who were they bidding agasit?

BringJackBack
11-19-2010, 12:27 AM
the Al jefferson trade makes them better just watch this yr compared to last yr. Also Ricky Rubio is gonna be good. I didnt like drafting flynn 4th but w/e. That Darko deal is horrid lol who were they bidding agasit?

I understand that the Al trade made them better, but I surely thought that they could get more value bro.

I think Ricky is going to be good but I don't think the fans deserve to wait four years for him to come on over.

Flynn at four was pretty bad. I think that he was way overhyped after that 6OT game and quite frankly I think he is a tier below Ty Lawson and Darren Collison and more in the AJ Price range.. except Johnny Flynn has had every opportunity.

Yeah, that signing makes no sense.. he's not even a good backup big.

xBulletproof
11-19-2010, 01:02 AM

New Jersey wasn't going to take on salary. The reason Miami gave Beasley away (Lebron, Wade, Bosh) is the same thing New Jersey was trying to do. Same with the Knicks. Most teams with cap space were lobbying for one of the major free agents. Taking on salary wasn't in the plans. Especially to help a rival destination free more money to make themselves more attractive.

The only 2 other teams I think that had space that weren't chasing top FA's were the Kings and Clippers. The Clippers had just drafted Aminu, and maybe the Kings didn't think he fit well with Tyreke. Who knows?

Either way only a couple teams met what the Heat needed in trading Beasley, combined with the interest in adding salary at that time. No brainer.

15th parallel
11-19-2010, 03:54 AM
To be fair with Beasley, I really am expecting him to explode on offense this season. He has a good midrange jumper and can also take it strong to the hoop. The fact that there's only few scorers in the Wolves lineup makes sense to his current productivity.

pacer4ever
11-19-2010, 01:00 PM
New Jersey wasn't going to take on salary. The reason Miami gave Beasley away (Lebron, Wade, Bosh) is the same thing New Jersey was trying to do. Same with the Knicks. Most teams with cap space were lobbying for one of the major free agents. Taking on salary wasn't in the plans. Especially to help a rival destination free more money to make themselves more attractive.

The only 2 other teams I think that had space that weren't chasing top FA's were the Kings and Clippers. The Clippers had just drafted Aminu, and maybe the Kings didn't think he fit well with Tyreke. Who knows?

Either way only a couple teams met what the Heat needed in trading Beasley, combined with the interest in adding salary at that time. No brainer.

lol they took on murphy and beasley last yr was better than Travis Outlaw who they gave 7 mill per yr.

Kegboy
11-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Sports Guy on Beasley:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/week11picks/part1&sportCat=nba

Stealing Beasley for two second-round picks was a freaking heist. Maybe he couldn't handle South Beach. Maybe he couldn't adjust to playing off the ball with Dwyane Wade. Maybe his personal demons were worse than the girl's from "Drag Me to Hell." But watching him this month has been a revelation -- even if he's a defensive liability, there aren't 12 NBA players right now who can drop 30 points easier than him.

Couldn't someone have trumped two second-round picks? Why would Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo turn down Beasley in the Bosh/Heat sign-and-trade when Miami would have thrown him in for free? Where was Oklahoma City's Sam Presti, who could have easily trumped Minnesota's offer and added Beasley (one of Kevin Durant's best friends) as a much-needed bench scorer? And where the hell were the Clippers???? I know he played terribly last season, and I know about the off-court concerns, but if you watched him in college I mean how could the No. 2 pick of the 2008 draft be worthless two years later? That was such a steal that I'm suspending all "Kaaaaaaaaahn!" jokes indefinitely. Great, great trade. And shame on the rest of the league for falling asleep.

xBulletproof
11-19-2010, 04:53 PM
lol they took on murphy and beasley last yr was better than Travis Outlaw who they gave 7 mill per yr.

You're entirely ignoring the situation and what happened. They took on Murphy after all of the big free agents were signed. Miami needed to trade Beasley before the big name free agents were signed so they could use it to sign the guys they were going after.

New Jersey wasn't going to take on any salary until they knew they weren't getting Lebron/Wade/Amare.

cordobes
11-19-2010, 08:47 PM
IIRC, Beasley was traded only after LeBron's announcement.

xBulletproof
11-20-2010, 11:06 AM
IIRC, Beasley was traded only after LeBron's announcement.

Lebron announced he was going to Miami July 9th.

The Beasley trade was announced by Marc Stein on Twitter July 8th. It just wasn't announced officially until after the Lebron Decision. Probably because it was a deal contingent on Lebron choosing Miami.

http://minnesota.sbnation.com/2010/7/8/1560297/minnesota-michael-beasley-trade

Jul 08 10:48p Report: Minnesota Trades For Miami Heat Forward Michael Beasley

ESPN.com sources: Miami has agree to a trade with Minnesota that will send Michael Beasley to the Wolves. Link forthcomingless than a minute ago via TweetDeckMarc Stein
STEIN_LINE_HQ

Wolves-Heat deal, sources say, calls for 'Sota to absorb Beasley into cap space and send its 2011 second-round pick to Miami to seal dealless than a minute ago via TweetDeckMarc Stein
STEIN_LINE_HQ

Naptown_Seth
11-20-2010, 06:40 PM

Maybe.

But before his draft B-Easy was outplaying Griffin and looked like a monster. It was already well documented that he had attitude issues and those have hindered his first couple of seasons. To me he's clearly a kid that could be outstanding if only he found the focus and drive to realize it rather than trying to coast on talent.

I suspect that he's smart enough to learn that lesson, and that a humbling first 2 seasons might be enough to teach it to him. Also it sure can't hurt being out of Miami and playing next to a smart, hard working kid like Love who happens to have a pretty easy going demeanor. Their history of development together as prospects probably adds to some chemistry as well.

I tend to agree that they should have gone Cousins instead of Wesley, but I think ultimately they will run a big lineup of Wes/Beaz/Love. Let Wes learn the NBA and maybe get Beasley to buy into defense and you could have a pretty challenging 2-4. If Rubio does in fact join them then at the very least you'll have scoring and Love's outlet passing to boost it.

One thing seems certain - Roy's MIP path goes directly through B-Easy and it's not looking good early on.

cordobes
11-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Lebron announced he was going to Miami July 9th.

The Beasley trade was announced by Marc Stein on Twitter July 8th. It just wasn't announced officially until after the Lebron Decision. Probably because it was a deal contingent on Lebron choosing Miami.

http://minnesota.sbnation.com/2010/7/8/1560297/minnesota-michael-beasley-trade

Ah, it was between Bosh's announcement and LeBron's then. That would still give some teams the opportunity to acquire him though. The Raptors could have included him in the Bosh S&T. People were scared of his off-court habits, I guess.

-------

As long as Beasley's defense + playmaking + rebounding + shot selection stays at this level or he can sustain his current level of shooting for a couple of seasons, there's no reason to believe he can be a key cog in a contending team anyway.

jeffg-body
11-22-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't know if Genius is the right word or fortunate.

ballism
11-23-2010, 03:18 AM
Have you seen tonight's Minnie - OKC game btw? Very dissappointing performance by Beasley, shows that he still has quite a bit of Miami left in him. A number of bad shots late, when he's cold and other guys are playing great. Wasted a great 4th quarter by Milicic and Love trying to be the hero. And with a minute left, he could have tied the game by passing to open Love under the basket, instead goes 1 on 3.

He had a nice streak of good games, but games like this one just make you want to slap him.