PDA

View Full Version : Time to forgive Rush?

spazzxb
11-17-2010, 09:48 PM
I know we have the clippers next, then Orlando, but Miami is a big deal. There is no chance Mike Dunleavy is going to be able to guard Dwayne Wade which presents an issue/opportunity. I seriously hope Brandon rush can earn the starting minutes over the next two games becuase even though Brandon screwed up we need him defending Wade. Collison and Hibbert will be advantages for us and I think we can put up a fight but we need Rush and maybe Jones slowing down wade and hope that Danny puts up a good fight against Lebran to have a chance. Bosh is the .5 of the Big 2.5, and hopefully our guys can contain him . I really don't want to look past our next two games, especially Orlando, however it seems that the matchups in the miami game will almost force Dunleavy out of the starting 5. Vince Carter could very well be to much for dunleavy to handle as well.

I am just curious if everyone is ok with rush starting even with the drug test. Has he been punished enough for it not to be a PR issue? I have always expected rush to earn the spot back, but now I am hopping its sooner rather than latter.

Trophy
11-17-2010, 09:57 PM
The games against Orlando and Miami are gonna come down to defense.

JOB must give Brandon a lot of minutes to contain Carter and Wade's scoring. If Mike gets the minutes he's been getting against those 2 teams, it's going to be an ugly game.

We'll have an advantage at center and PG against Miami so we can keep it close.

Danny tends to really step up against LeBron. I think facing LeBron really motivates him to step all defensively and take good shots.

About Brandon's off the court issue, that's in the past. He won't be jeopardized the starting spot because of that. I hope he's put back into the starting lineup again soon.

He does better with the starters and Mike will do well with the bench players who don't shoot much.

Kaufman
11-17-2010, 09:58 PM
I don't think that rush starting vs on the bench should be considered punitive due to the failed test.

He served his league mandated suspension.

If starting gives the Pacers the best chance to win, then he should start, irrespective of his extracurriculars.

spazzxb
11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
I have justified Dunleavy starting because Rush needed to earn the spot back. While I have always considered Rush the better option, I think, for the sake of the team, it is time for him to get his spot back. Basicly, I think its time to throw that justification out the window. I am hoping these matchups will force JOB's hand.

imawhat
11-17-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't think we should forgive him. He's clearly a valuable player that some fans will never grow to like.

I think he needs to step it up a notch or two, but there's little doubt in my mms that he should be starting.

And by mms my iPhone means mind.

spazzxb
11-17-2010, 10:29 PM
I guess more than forgive, I was asking if it is time for it no longer to be a factor in his standing with the team. If it weren't for his mistakes I would expect he would be our starter now and therefore I view it as the thing he needs to overcome to get the spot back.

This seems as a good test of our coaches judgement. If he puts Dunleavy on wade for any amount of time the hoard will have some legitimate bad coaching to be upset with.

QuickRelease
11-17-2010, 10:37 PM
I think Brandon is all that's keeping Brandon from starting.

Trophy
11-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Brandon just needs to shoot more and continue scoring off the dribble at the top of the key. That's something he worked on in the offseason.

He's a really good offensive player too, but he needs to have more confidence in his shots.

spazzxb
11-17-2010, 10:43 PM
I think Brandon is all that's keeping Brandon from starting.

How so?

judicata
11-17-2010, 10:47 PM
My annoyance with Rush is compounded by the resurrection of Murphy's defense in Dunleavy. If he could just get his **** together a little more, we'd be much better off. As it stands now, I wonder if some other team will take the pair and ship us back a modest upgrade at the 2. And yes, I know, defense.

CableKC
11-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Why does it matter whether we or JO'B forgives BRush or not?

In the last 5 minutes of the game, JO'B is going to go with a TJ/Dunleavy/Granger/Posey/McBob lineup to close out the game.

Midcoasted
11-17-2010, 10:58 PM

In the last 5 minutes of the game, JO'B is going to go with a TJ/Dunleavy/Granger/Posey/McBob lineup to close out the game.

:puke:

spazzxb
11-17-2010, 11:01 PM

After the game will you admit you were wrong if that doesn't happen? Could he do anything to earn your respect?

TJ is still better than their PG.

PacersPride
11-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Brandon just needs to shoot more and continue scoring off the dribble at the top of the key. That's something he worked on in the offseason.

He's a really good offensive player too, but he needs to have more confidence in his shots.

i agree but according to some unless your his shooting coach a statement like this is forbidden.

with that said, im a rush fan and if he ever gets his offensive game together to go with his almost lock down defender abilities he can be an all star in this league.

for whatever reason or another it just hasnt happened.

CableKC
11-17-2010, 11:13 PM
After the game will you admit you were wrong if that doesn't happen?
If we are in a close game towards the end of the 4th QTR where the lineup matters and JO'B actually goes with a lineup that makes sense ( for example, TJ/BRush/Granger/McBob/Hibbert ) then I will happily admit that I am wrong. I have no problem admitting that I am wrong especially if it means that we don't have see Posey defending Bosh for extended periods of time at the end of the game or it means that I don't have to watch Dunleavy guarding Wade or Lebron.

Could he do anything to earn your respect?
Are you referring to JO'B or BRush? ;)

Yes, if you are referring to JO'B can. Try to run a more traditional lineup where our actual Center and the closest thing we have to a PF actually finishes out a game.

QuickRelease
11-18-2010, 12:25 PM
How so?I'll take INCONSISTENCY for $1000, Alex.

mildlysane
11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
i agree but according to some unless your his shooting coach a statement like this is forbidden.

with that said, im a rush fan and if he ever gets his offensive game together to go with his almost lock down defender abilities he can be an all star in this league.

for whatever reason or another it just hasnt happened.
Perhaps weed is the reason....

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 02:12 PM
I'll take INCONSISTENCY for $1000, Alex.

So he can't earn a spot from Mike (Mr. consistency)because he is inconsistent.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 02:14 PM
If we are in a close game towards the end of the 4th QTR where the lineup matters and JO'B actually goes with a lineup that makes sense ( for example, TJ/BRush/Granger/McBob/Hibbert ) then I will happily admit that I am wrong. I have no problem admitting that I am wrong especially if it means that we don't have see Posey defending Bosh for extended periods of time at the end of the game or it means that I don't have to watch Dunleavy guarding Wade or Lebron.

Are you referring to JO'B or BRush? ;)

Yes, if you are referring to JO'B can. Try to run a more traditional lineup where our actual Center and the closest thing we have to a PF actually finishes out a game.

To be clear I meant Obrien

PacersPride
11-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Perhaps weed is the reason....

i was thinking along the lines that maybe its O'briens fault.. then again anything that is negative in regard to the pacers has to be o'briens fault one way or another in the grand scheme of things.

if i had to take a wild guess, i would say rush isnt the only one in the nba that habitually uses, could go one step further and even suggest many athletes are guilty.

vick from a few years ago, now of all of a sudden vick is an mvp.. so maybe you are right.

Trader Joe
11-18-2010, 03:22 PM

He needs to have more confidence in his ball handling, in his passing, in his aggressiveness. He's pretty confident in his outside shot, it's about the only place on the court on offense he looks comfortable.

QuickRelease
11-18-2010, 06:37 PM
So he can't earn a spot from Mike (Mr. consistency)because he is inconsistent.My point being that it is on him to actually beat Mike out. I'm not that thrilled with either of them thus far. I actually view solidifying the 2-spot as our 2nd biggest need.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 06:50 PM
My point being that it is on him to actually beat Mike out. I'm not that thrilled with either of them thus far. I actually view solidifying the 2-spot as our 2nd biggest need.

I am with you, but we have to play with the team we have. I still think Rush has the potential to become the guy we need, currently I just think he is the best we got. Without "the quarter" I would say Rush was well on his way to doing that. Behind Danny, collison, and Roy, our SG is the 4rth option, therefore I feel Brandon's perimeter defense is more valuable than Dunleavys streaky shooting. Brandons game is also a work in progress where Dunleavy is cooked(complete not finished). also ,since I mentioned options 1-4, the main reason I think Mcroberts is starting is that he is happy being the 5th option.

spazzxb
11-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Job made the smart move. rush starts vs. Miami

Hicks
11-22-2010, 08:15 PM
He won't start tomorrow, unfortunately.

spazzxb
11-22-2010, 08:23 PM
He won't start tomorrow, unfortunately.

I know Job's hand wAs forced here, but at least Rush is starting due to being the bet option, not injuries. Making progress towards getting his spot back.

CableKC
11-22-2010, 10:37 PM
After the game will you admit you were wrong if that doesn't happen? Could he do anything to earn your respect?

TJ is still better than their PG.
I am glad to admit that I am wrong. ;)

But as I said before.....I have no problem admitting that I am wrong if it means that BRush was defending Wade. I'm glad that BRush was able to show JO'B what many of us knew would be a smart move...specifically that we need an athletic Guard defending Wade.

PR07
11-23-2010, 12:11 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Rush was forgiven once he apologized to his teamates, which I hope and assume he did. He should be the starter going forward, but we'll see.