PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having DVR problems with the DirecTV League Pass?

ChicagoJ
11-17-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm setting games to record, and when I settle in to watch them later in the evening (especially with the Pacers stupid decision to have 6pm CST tipoffs, ugh.) they aren't there.

When I tried to watch the Nuggets game, the entire league pass had disappeared from my channel guide and when I put it back in I still had to call customer service to turn the LP back on. They told me there had been a glitch and they had to reset the accounts of many subscribers. But it hasn't successfully recorded an NBA game since then. (Works fine for my Sunday Ticket.)

It was one thing when the team was unwatchable and I didn't even bother recording many of the games, but now I'd like to watch them again.

:banghead:

Brad8888
11-17-2010, 11:56 AM
I have DISH, and have no idea if this has anything to do with it, but in the past I have had that problem with games that I let my DVR, by its default settings, automatically start one minute early. It would record the first minute, and then it would shut off and not record anything because the program code being sent to the DVR for the rest of the broadcast didn't match the first early minute. I set my DVR to "0" on its menu with respect to the "start early" function and haven't had that problem since. I double check it each game to make sure it doesn't default back.

Hope this helps, but again, I have no idea if that has anything to do with what you are experiencing or not.

kester99
11-17-2010, 11:50 PM
I have Direct TV. The only time a game hasn't recorded is when it was blacked out.

Now, each game is listed as six hours long, and it records the whole darn 6 hour block, but that's a different issue.

pwee31
11-18-2010, 12:36 AM
I have Directv and that has happened to me a couple times this year, trying to record on 673-1. There's been 2 situations where I know for a fact I set it up to record, and when I returned home it was not in my list. Thankfully that was a game I went to.

The other time I actually got home earlier than I thought I would and noticed right around tip off that it wasn't recording when I had it setup to.

I now try to call my g/f to make sure it's recording when game time rolls around

imawhat
11-18-2010, 01:05 AM
This has happened to me several times on Time Warner, but not yet this season (fingers crossed). You should be able to watch the games on Broadband if you have regular league pass. It's not the same but it's better than nothing.

MagicRat
11-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Did it work for Jimmy Fallon?

OakMoses
11-18-2010, 12:28 PM
I've had issues where it doesn't record the games on the HD channels. I've given up on HD for now and I'm just recording games on the regular channels and putting up with the crappy picture.

grace
11-18-2010, 12:32 PM
I have Dish. The only problem I have is once I set it to record on the DVR they change the channel its on. Luckily I've caught it before it either before the game starts or before the first quarter was over with so I could change it to the correct channel.

tora tora
11-18-2010, 12:57 PM
No problems here, but I'm wondering why every game is scheduled to last 6 hours from channel 750>... I have to sort all the games I want to record out from channel 620> to find the 2.5 hour versions.

ChicagoJ
11-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Did it work for Jimmy Fallon?

Yes.

:laugh:

(Only you...)

ChicagoJ
11-18-2010, 01:01 PM
No problems here, but I'm wondering why every game is scheduled to last 6 hours from channel 750>... I have to sort all the games I want to record out from channel 620> to find the 2.5 hour versions.

Back in the day, mine would stop recording when the game broadcast ended, not the entire six hour block.

And that's still true for my Sunday Ticket. When the broadcast ends, and the blue DirecTV logo pops up, it stops recording.

ChicagoJ
11-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Melli may be onto something. I'll try to record the SD version of the game instead.

Has anybody ever figured out - when the game is listed twice - which channel is the home broadcast and which channel is the away broadcast. To really make that work, I'd also need to know which games Quinn is working (I'll listen to those) and which games Clark is working (happy to hear what opposing announcers think about our team, too.) Until, of course, there becomes a way to seemlessly patch in Mark and Slick into a DVR version of the League Pass.

ChicagoJ
11-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Yes.

(Only you...)

"He never returns my phone calls. Its amazing you can get Neil Young at the last minute."

"Oh, he's here all the time."

ChicagoJ
11-18-2010, 01:30 PM
This has happened to me several times on Time Warner, but not yet this season (fingers crossed). You should be able to watch the games on Broadband if you have regular league pass. It's not the same but it's better than nothing.

I need to look into that. Previously, I've only done that when I've been traveling for work. Never occurred to me to try it at home. (That's what the 52" HDTV is for!!)

OakMoses
11-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Has anybody ever figured out - when the game is listed twice - which channel is the home broadcast and which channel is the away broadcast. To really make that work, I'd also need to know which games Quinn is working (I'll listen to those) and which games Clark is working (happy to hear what opposing announcers think about our team, too.) Until, of course, there becomes a way to seemlessly patch in Mark and Slick into a DVR version of the League Pass.

It's been my experience that the first channel is usually the away broadcast and the second is usually the home broadcast. It's not fool proof, but that's the way it goes about 85% of the time.

shags
11-18-2010, 10:37 PM
It's been my experience that the first channel is usually the away broadcast and the second is usually the home broadcast. It's not fool proof, but that's the way it goes about 85% of the time.

That's what I go with as well. Every Pistons game I've watched this year I've gotten right using that system.