PDA

View Full Version : Mark and Slick to broadcast from Area 55 on Nov 23.....

MagicRat
11-16-2010, 04:21 PM
from Mark via twitter....

Mark the date. We'll be broadcasting the November 23rd game against Cleveland from Area 55. Should be fun.

pacer4ever
11-16-2010, 04:49 PM
THATS TIGHT

Peck
11-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Sweet!!!!

Eindar
11-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Sounds good in theory, but won't it be kinda hard to filter out the background noise? I understand a lot of people turn down the TV to turn up the radio, but surely there are lots of people who tune in with just the radio because they are driving or don't have access to a TV (I used to do this all the time at work when the Pacers were on a west coast swing and I was on 3rd shift).

Since86
11-16-2010, 04:53 PM
IDK if I really like it.....

I like trying to add excitement to the section, but won't the chanting/noise drown out Mark/Slick?

I mean hearing them clearly is what listening to the radio is all about. If you can't hear what they're saying, then there's no point in listening to them......

Tom White
11-16-2010, 04:57 PM
IDK if I really like it.....

I like trying to add excitement to the section, but won't the chanting/noise drown out Mark/Slick?

I mean hearing them clearly is what listening to the radio is all about. If you can't hear what they're saying, then there's no point in listening to them......

I'm sure their equipment (microphones) has some degree of noise suppression built in. After all, they have fans setting behind them at the normal broadcast location, and the noise from those fans doesn't disturb the broadcast.

If they did not have it pretty well figured out, they likely would not be doing it.

PaceBalls
11-16-2010, 04:58 PM
The audio production software technology of 2010 is pretty awesome, not to mention the microphones can limit the noise as well. I assume they are using top quality for the productions.

Since86
11-16-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm sure their equipment (microphones) has some degree of noise suppression built in. After all, they have fans setting behind them at the normal broadcast location, and the noise from those fans doesn't disturb the broadcast.

If they did not have it pretty well figured out, they likely would not be doing it.

Yeah but they aren't sitting in a section designed and being told to be as loud as possible.

During the game, Regular Joe fans aren't going to chant unless it's a vital possession, and they're not just going to yell just to make noise unless, again, it's an important possession or something exciting just took place.

I know they can eliminate quite a bit of background noise, but I just don't know enough about it to know if they can do it with so many people right beside you being told to be as loud as they can.

But then again, I wasn't a TCOMM major so.....