PDA

View Full Version : Hansbrough not expected to miss time

pwee31
11-14-2010, 07:16 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20101114/SPORTS04/11140379/1004/SPORTS

Written by Mike Wells

Forward Tyler Hansbrough played only seven minutes after spraining his left ankle in the first half.

"It was just one of the them twists where I landed awkwardly on it," Hansbrough said.

O'Brien said the sprain isn't severe and he doesn't believe Hansbrough, who had two points, two rebounds and three fouls, will miss any time.

The Pacers host Atlanta at Conseco Fieldhouse on Tuesday.

ApNeDtRiEeW
11-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Very good to hear

BlueNGold
11-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Sorry to hear that Hans will be out until 2011...

vnzla81
11-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Is nice to hear that, too bad I have a feeling that he is not going to play much anyway.

CableKC
11-14-2010, 08:10 PM
With the acknowledgement that Posey appears to be set to get some backup PF minutes.....I'd really hope that it's Solo that gets to sit in at suit at the end of the bench.

I'd hope that JO'B would break down the PF/C minutes as follows:

PF - McBob ( 14 mpg as a PF ) / Hansbrough ( 16 mpg ) / Posey ( 18 mpg as a backup PF )
C - Hibbert ( 31 mpg ) / Foster ( 13 mpg ) / McBob ( 4 mpg as a backup C )

Since many of you seem to think that Posey has contributed as one of the 3 Wing Players in the rotation....I don't mind seeing Posey play the majority of his minutes as a backup PF....but I want to minimize the overall # of minutes at the PF/C rotation where we play 3 Wing Players at the same time while maximizing the # of minutes with a PF/C rotation with actually PF/C that can rebound. I don't mind using rotations that involve having a "Stretch Forward" in the frontcourt rotation...but I do not think that it should be the norm.

ChristianDudley
11-14-2010, 08:36 PM
I was glad to see Tyler get right up off the ground last night along with being able to shoot (and make!) both of his free-throws. Based on that, I don't think he'll miss any games unless his ankle swelled a ton after he left the court.

MLB007
11-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Is nice to hear that, too bad I have a feeling that he is not going to play much anyway.

You really should lose the "happy" tag.....................
and you're wrong. :p

spazzxb
11-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Sorry to hear that Hans will be out until 2011...

This is one of those posts I was talking about. If you know what I was talking about.

pwee31
11-15-2010, 12:33 PM
I think it was actually smart for Hansbrough to sit out the rest of the Cavs game. He was obviously struggling with fouls, and the Cavs are a pretty undersized team without Varejo.

It was a winnable game without Hansbrough, and he was likely able to get ice and treatment on it (don't recall him coming back to the bench) and since it was minor he'll likely be ready to go against the Hawks where we can use him against Horford and company in case Roy struggles with Horford's speed or pump fakes