PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo.... NOW are we done?

Anthem
08-24-2004, 11:48 PM
I honestly have been expecting something to happen every day for the past two weeks. It's getting old.

Are we done yet?

Hicks
08-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Ron being traded is always possible, but for now I think Peja's not for sale, so I don't see anyone else Donnie would see as a worthy trade for Ron, thus putting that on hold.

Past that, what else is there to do? PG/SGs are locked. PFs are locked. Other than Ron, SFs are locked.

That just leaves center. There's now way we're upgrading it, so that just leaves moving Pollard.

The only things to get from Pollard are another scrub Center, a scrub at another position, or a draft pick. Something like that may happen, but I'm almost expecting him to stay for now.

But if anything WERE to happen, I'm sure it will involve Ron or Scot.

Anthem
08-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I'd kinda like to see us throw the remainder of our MLE at Jake Tskasdasdlos. I'd see him as every bit as useful as Pollard. If the Pollard for Newble/Wagner is still available, I'd do that and just deal those two players for picks and trade exceptions.

Hicks
08-25-2004, 12:05 AM
Yeah who knows, maybe the Cavs rumor was true and just waiting for Damp to nest. Dunno.

But if we didn't trade anybody, and just added Jake for the other half of the MLE, I'd applaud that. Easy way to give the C spot some depth, even if it's not particularly GOOD depth.

Shade
08-25-2004, 12:16 AM
I think we're done. :shrug:

Anthem
08-25-2004, 01:16 AM
Well, the guy's not Tim Duncan, but he's young enough to have upside, he's cheap, and he'd probably contribute as much as Pollard.

Man, it would be nice if Harrison came through for us. Not this year, but eventually.

McKeyFan
08-25-2004, 09:47 AM
Hey Hicks, I'm not gonna deny I like your picture, but I'm embarrassed to surf PD at work or when my kids are around when its up!!!:confused:

Manuel
08-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Hey Hicks, I'm not gonna deny I like your picture, but I'm embarrassed to surf PD at work or when my kids are around when its up!!!:confused:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

But Hicks, please don't take it down!

blanket
08-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Doesn't everyone think that an offer of 1/2 the MLE for Big Jake would get matched by Memphis? Keep in mind that they missed out on the Dampier derby, too, so they need to keep the big bodies they have. Maybe we could trade Pollard for picks and then sign someone like Scott Williams or that Euro center people were linking us to earlier in the summer. :shrug:

indygeezer
08-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Hey, remember Fushka???

he and Ron oughta get along great.

bounce
08-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Hicks: that is a bad avatar for public display on a board where 2nd and 3rd graders can see it.

Might be good for a college age kid but I'd be ashamed to show it to my wife and family. :(

Its really not good for college age kids either. :o

Hicks
08-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Oh it's VERY good for college age kids my friend. :pimp:

Other than that, if it's causing a lot of trouble I can take it off, but conversely you too can also turn off seeing avatars in your user area, profile settings. So for now I'd like to leave it (for obvious eye-candy reasons), and if you immediatley need it to NOT be displayed where you're at, you can disable viewing avatars in your profile.

Kegboy
08-25-2004, 04:23 PM
For those complaining about Hicks avatar, I'd much rather have that than Hicks and Brad macking on each other like that Titanic one he had last week.

:puke:

Lord Helmet
08-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Hicks, Keep the Avatar there is already too much censorship in this world!

Burt_Reincarnated
08-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Hicks: that is a bad avatar for public display on a board where 2nd and 3rd graders can see it.

Might be good for a college age kid but I'd be ashamed to show it to my wife and family. :(

Its really not good for college age kids either. :o

how dare those lesbians kiss! We need to amend the constitution before our youth and america's college students get corrupted! /sarcasm off