PDA

View Full Version : Foster could be back by this week and Posey settling in

CableKC
11-14-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20101113/SPORTS04/11130331/Lee-s-path-takes-new-turn

Written by Mike Wells
Posted on Http://www.indystar.com

Posey leads the way

Veteran James Posey had his best scoring game in almost two years.

He came off the Pacers bench to score a team-high 19 points on 7-of-12 shooting, including 5-of-8 on 3-pointers, in 26 minutes.

The 19 points is Posey's highest total since scoring 24 against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Jan. 23, 2009, while playing for the New Orleans Hornets.

"I'm beginning to feel more comfortable and my shot is dropping," he said.

Posey scored nine points, all on 3-pointers, to help the Pacers go from trailing by 10 points to tying the score heading into the fourth quarter.

"James played well and he needed to, because we weren't getting much from Josh (McRoberts) or Tyler (Hansbrough) at the power forward spot," Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said.

Foster near return
Veteran center Jeff Foster is on schedule to return to the lineup next week after being out more than a week with a sprained right ankle.

Foster's return will come at a good time. O'Brien has been forced to use the undersized Hansbrough and McRoberts as Roy Hibbert's backups at center because of Solomon Jones' lackluster play.
Okay...2 things of note here.

At the PF spot...has McBob and Hansbrough been that bad that it would make sense to have 3 Wings manning the SG/SF/PF positions for an extended # of minutes?

Regarding Foster.....anyone else think that we are going to be seeing far more lineups with DC/Dunleavy/Granger/Hibbert/TJ/BRush/Posey/Foster with PG/Hans/McBob getting garbage minutes or more DNP-CD?

xBulletproof
11-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Of course you didn't get much from Tyler. He barely played.

vnzla81
11-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Like I said before, say hello to our new power forward James Posey, his three point shooting is pushing Tyler and Mcbob out of the rotation.

Foster is also coming back, get also ready to see Roy play less minutes because "the veterans give us a better chance to win" :suicide:

Justin Tyme
11-14-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20101113/SPORTS04/11130331/Lee-s-path-takes-new-turn

Okay...2 things of note here.

At the PF spot...has McBob and Hansbrough been that bad that it would make sense to have 3 Wings manning the SG/SF/PF positions for an extended # of minutes? I see Solo in a suit too.

Regarding Foster.....anyone else think that we are going to be seeing far more lineups with DC/Dunleavy/Granger/Hibbert/TJ/BRush/Posey/Foster with PG/Hans/McBob getting garbage minutes or more DNP-CD?

I don't see Posey starting at PF, but I see McBob and Hans minutes drop while PG gets garbage time minutes more often than not.

BlueNGold
11-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Like I said before, say hello to our new power forward James Posey, his three point shooting is pushing Tyler and Mcbob out of the rotation.

Foster is also coming back, get also ready to see Roy play less minutes because "the veterans give us a better chance to win" :suicide:

We need a healthy Jeff Foster. Anytime you're giving minutes to Solomon Jones, you need help in the paint. Consider what would happen if we played that big front line of the Lakers? Let's just hope this means that Solo will not find the court.

So, I have no problem with his return. I also doubt he takes much from Hibbert. Foster will simply play instead of Solo....and considering Jeff's age and health, he's not going to be out there that much.

As for Posey, he's winning me over a bit. I hate to say that because I like Tyler and Josh. Tyler's minutes are particularly at risk IMHO.

BringJackBack
11-14-2010, 03:05 PM

Why do you make a huge deal out of everything Jim does? It boggles my mind.

Tyler is injured and James Posey has played good defense and rebounding the past two games. If James Posey was 22 years old you would be whining about finding him more playing time.

And BlueNGold touched on Foster. But I just want to add on here.. Who would you rather see, Solo or Foster? I'd say Foster.

vnzla81
11-14-2010, 03:05 PM
We need a healthy Jeff Foster. Anytime you're giving minutes to Solomon Jones, you need help in the paint. Consider what would happen if we played that big front line of the Lakers? Let's just hope this means that Solo will not find the court.

So, I have no problem with his return. I also doubt he takes much from Hibbert. Foster will simply play instead of Solo....and considering Jeff's age and health, he's not going to be out there that much.

As for Posey, he's winning me over a bit. I hate to say that because I like Tyler and Josh. Tyler's minutes are particularly at risk IMHO.

I agree, I rather have a healthy Foster than Solo, I don't like that last part though, Posey is doing OK but I don't want him taking any playing time from either Tyler or Josh.

MLB007
11-14-2010, 03:13 PM
I thought we missed Tyler BIG time last night.
Cleveland has a nice group of burly bully guys that really pushed us around.
We REALLY could have used Tylers beef and aggressiveness to have counted some of that.
If he hadn't gotten hurt, I think he would have played a lot last night.
With a healthy Foster back (knock on wood) AND Tyler, this team doesn't get beat up anymore.

Bball
11-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Obviously we need to find plenty of minutes for a core player for the future like Posey as we move forward.

vnzla81
11-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Why do you make a huge deal out of everything Jim does? It boggles my mind.

Tyler is injured and James Posey has played good defense and rebounding the past two games. If James Posey was 22 years old you would be whining about finding him more playing time.

And BlueNGold touched on Foster. But I just want to add on here.. Who would you rather see, Solo or Foster? I'd say Foster.

You really need to stop atacking people that disagrees with your thinking, here is the JOB quote
"James played well and he needed to, because we weren't getting much from Josh (McRoberts) or Tyler (Hansbrough) at the power forward spot," Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said.

He is telling us what many of us suspected, he loves a power forward that can shoot the three and stretch the floor, this is nothing new, Posey is our new Troy Murphy and he will be as long as he can shoot the three.

Midcoasted
11-14-2010, 03:28 PM
I hated the idea of Posey playing at PF. I tought it would be a Murphy 2.0 deal. At this point I have no problem with him playing at the 4. It seems he is more capable at defending the faster 4s in the league at this point and he is just as good at shooting the three as Murphy was. His defense, rebounding and overall hustle is twice that of Murphys.

So it seems to actually be working out for us. MsRoberts and Hansbrough are still going through growing pains and Posey seems to be the type of veteran leader that can help our young guys believe and turn the corner.

BringJackBack
11-14-2010, 03:38 PM
You really need to stop atacking people that disagrees with your thinking, here is the JOB quote

He is telling us what many of us suspected, he loves a power forward that can shoot the three and stretch the floor, this is nothing new, Posey is our new Troy Murphy and he will be as long as he can shoot the three.

I don't "attack" people.. Usually I am very fair w/ people and when someone disagrees as long as it's not hyperbole I'm fair.. but quite frankly when people lie and 99% of the content of the OP is about bashing Jim than it gets sickening and lying is a pet peeve of mine.

James Posey has played well for a backup power forward these past two games. No way to get around that. Tyler has not, plus he is injured. Josh does the little things but his fg% has been bad and his defense has not been up to par.. I don't really see the reason to get worked up. Posey has posted up more in these past two games than Troy Murphy has his whole time as a Pacer.. and James Posey isn't even a post player.. and the Troy thing doesn't really hold any water because he is for sure not a focal point of the offense as Troy was unbearably* so.

*is that a word?

vnzla81
11-14-2010, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE]I don't "attack" people.. Usually I am very fair w/ people and when someone disagrees as long as it's not hyperbole I'm fair.. but quite frankly when people lie and 99% of the content of the OP is about bashing Jim than it gets sickening and lying is a pet peeve of mine.

So I am a lier and you don't attack people :rolleyes:

James Posey has played well for a backup power forward these past two games. No way to get around that. Tyler has not, plus he is injured. Josh does the little things but his fg% has been bad and his defense has not been up to par.. I don't really see the reason to get worked up. Posey has posted up more in these past two games than Troy Murphy has his whole time as a Pacer.. and James Posey isn't even a post player.. and the Troy thing doesn't really hold any water because he is for sure not a focal point of the offense as Troy was unbearably* so.*is that a word?
Posey was the top scorer the game before, the more shots he makes the more calls he is going to get and the more minutes he will get, I just not that hard to understand.

Mark my words Posey will be the main power forward, maybe not starting but will be the one getting most of the minutes.

BringJackBack
11-14-2010, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=BringJackBack;1097183]

Posey was the top scorer the game before, the more shots he makes the more calls he is going to get and the more minutes he will get, I just not that hard to understand.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

rexnom
11-14-2010, 04:39 PM
At the very least, let's wait until we see something on the court change. Have we not learned our lesson not to trust Mike Wells's reporting?

Hicks
11-14-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't think asking someone why they talk a lot about a specific player or coach and saying it boggles their mind is an attack.

kester99
11-14-2010, 05:11 PM
At the PF spot...has McBob and Hansbrough been that bad that it would make sense to have 3 Wings manning the SG/SF/PF positions for an extended # of minutes?

I think all teams need a good big line-up, and a good functional small line-up...both line-ups have their uses and appropriate times.

I don't think we're ever going to see McRoberts or Tyler getting only garbage minutes. I do think we'll see (gradually?) Tyler start getting more minutes...at the expense of Josh's minutes, unless Josh starts hitting his shots better. Foster's going to change that dynamic, too. As long as he's available, we won't see Josh or Solo as the back-up center much.

I hope that Josh still starts, though, for the same reason I want Brandon to start....to give our second unit more punch, in the form of Tyler and Dunleavy.

gummy
11-14-2010, 05:16 PM
The question I have is - will Foster actually play? Because he didn't see a minute of time before he twisted his ankle and he was supposedly ready to go. I'm happy to see him take Solo's minutes.

dlewyus
11-14-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm beginning to think that Foster can't even handle back-up minutes for more than a game or two without getting hurt. By the way, when he comes back, who will go back to wearing a suit. I'm hoping one of the Jones', but could it be Paul George? I'm just saying....:eek:

Justin Tyme
11-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm beginning to think that Foster can't even handle back-up minutes for more than a game or two without getting hurt. By the way, when he comes back, who will go back to wearing a suit. I'm hoping one of the Jones', but could it be Paul George? I'm just saying....:eek:

I'd hope it would be Solo and Dahntay, so they won't get injured for that big trade coming up, and Price gets to suit up... just in case Jimmy in his benevolent wisdom decides to give Price some burn.

MyFavMartin
11-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Posey played well. I don't want to see him start though. I stated previously that JOB really misses Murphy, so the love for Posey isn't surprising.

DaveP63
11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Posey, IMO, is the steady, stable, veteran, "winner" that we have not had in the locker room since #31 left. If his body let's him play starter minutes, let him have them for now. As much as I like Tyler and Josh, we need what Posey brings to the table more right now.

Unclebuck
11-15-2010, 11:44 AM
if you respect Slick's opinions - then you should like Posey because I have heard Slick be very complimentary of Posey on several ocassions.

Posey does a lot of litle things that helps the team win and I see him more than any other player talking to the younger guys during game - giving them advise.

I just wish he was a few years younger

daschysta
11-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Posey hasn't only been shooting better, his defense has been really good and he has been active as well. I believe he took about 4 charges the other night and really had a positive impact.

This team's goal is to make the playoffs, and I think we have the personell to do it. If this was last year after the all-star break and we had really no legit chance to make the postseason all the moaning and groaning would be justified, but it isn't, and it isn't as if mcbob hasn't had his chance at being a starter.

Furthermore, mcbob or tyler will likely continue to be the starter, so i'm not sure what all the bellyaching is about.

Posey is a proven winner , and can play defense. About the only thing he and Troy have in common is the 3 ball, which is NOT a bad thing. The 3 was the last thing I would ever complain about when critiquing murphy.

As long as we are in the contention for the playoff's JOB should, and has every right to play the players that are playing best, regardless of age. And for the most part, he has done so.

Some people on this board wig out whenever an older player ever plays over anyone remotely younger. Last year it was justified, this year not so much.

Dun has been better for this team on the merit of offensive flow than PG, and rush is getting minutes now that he is back. Posey as of late has been our best player at PF, and should get minutes as long as he continues to play well.

Solo has really hurt us by being in, Posey... not so much.

Buck is also right, I too have noticed posey really communicating with the younger players, I think they respect him alot, especially Collison. Don't underestimate what having a real winner in the lineup and in the lockerroom can do for the culture of the team. Byron Scott was huge for the pacers back in the day, and before Posey the pacers really haven't had that type of presence. I'll take both Posey's resume and production on the court over Murphys, who is likely not going to sniff the postseason once again with NJ, look at their record with him and without him, you can already find the grumbles on Nets message boards.

Trophy
11-15-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm actually impressed with Posey's decent shooting performance. He also looks like he's putting effort into his defense.

I would still prefer to have Josh and Tyler in the PF rotation by far.

daschysta
11-15-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm actually impressed with Posey's decent shooting performance. He also looks like he's putting effort into his defense.

I would still prefer to have Josh and Tyler in the PF rotation by far.

I think that Josh and Tyler will still get their minutes, however would you accept it if it turns out that Josh's best role is as a sparkplug in limited minutes? Based on the year so far it does seem that perhaps there is a bit of diminishing returns with Josh happening. Tyler I think will settle in as the starter evetually, but Posey may demand minutes as well, perhaps comparable or greater than Josh's.

vnzla81
11-15-2010, 12:12 PM
You know this team sucks when people get excited about a 33 years old guy.

Unclebuck
11-15-2010, 12:32 PM

what, so no fans should ever gets excited over any 33 year old guy.

Mackey_Rose
11-15-2010, 12:33 PM
if you respect Slick's opinions - then you should like Posey because I have heard Slick be very complimentary of Posey on several ocassions.

Posey does a lot of litle things that helps the team win and I see him more than any other player talking to the younger guys during game - giving them advise.

I just wish he was a few years younger

A direct quote from one of the younger players on the team:

"I have not heard Posey say a single word since he got here, and the guy's locker is right next to mine. Just think about what must be going through his head, he has two championship rings and now he's on the Pacers."

Edit: The same player did also say that Posey has been a good player in practice, and he thinks that he can really help them on the court, as well as learning how to win.

daschysta
11-15-2010, 12:41 PM

That is assinine. You really believe no 33 year old player should be appealing to a fanbase? Ever? Like your blanket statement?

I'll chalk that one up to not thinking before you post.

The spurs must not have been excited about their team for the last couple of years... With manu and timmy and all.

"I have not heard Posey say a single word since he got here, and the guy's locker is right next to mine. Just think about what must be going through his head, he has two championship rings and now he's on the Pacers."

Edit: The same player did also say that Posey has been a good player in practice, and he thinks that he can really help them on the court, as well as learning how to win.

That's interesting, I wonder, do you know when the quote was taken? It seems like Posey has been more vocal on the court lately, at least to me

Mackey_Rose
11-15-2010, 12:44 PM
That's interesting, I wonder, do you know when the quote was taken? It seems like Posey has been more vocal on the court lately, at least to me

It was after the 1st home game, so maybe things have changed since then. I agree, he has seemed more involved with the team recently.

Maybe he has just decided to accept his situation and make the best of it. That would be the professional approach, and I would think that James is a true professional at this point in his career.

Unclebuck
11-15-2010, 12:44 PM

That quote is a joke right.

I thanked you because I got a good laugh out of it and now I'm think either the quote is for real or you are trying to make a point

daschysta
11-15-2010, 12:46 PM

I thanked you because I got a good laugh out of it and now I'm think either the quote is for real or you are trying to make a point

Yeah it seems bizarre for a player on the pacers to put down the team like that to the press...

Mackey_Rose
11-15-2010, 12:47 PM

No it's not a joke.

Mackey_Rose
11-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah it seems bizarre for a player on the pacers to put down the team like that to the press...

It wasn't to the press. It was to me. I also don't think that's really putting the team down. The fact is, the Pacers are not competing for a championship this year, or really in the next couple of years, so it would be understandable that a guy with multiple championships already wouldn't want to spend the later years of his career chasing the 8th seed in the playoffs.

Unclebuck
11-15-2010, 12:53 PM
No it's not a joke.

OK, could the player who made the comment be joking. As in he "talks all the time".

I think Posey's personality is very outgoing.

Mackey_Rose
11-15-2010, 12:55 PM
OK, could the player who made the comment be joking. As in he "talks all the time".

I think Posey's personality is very outgoing.

No he was not joking. You can think whatever you want to think, I'm just relaying what I was told.

vnzla81
11-15-2010, 01:44 PM
what, so no fans should ever gets excited over any 33 year old guy.

They have the right to get excited, I'm just saying that you know the team sucks when people are excited about a back up SF that is playing PF and not only that but he is 33 years old and not part of the future.

vnzla81
11-15-2010, 01:48 PM
That is assinine. You really believe no 33 year old player should be appealing to a fanbase? Ever? Like your blanket statement?

I'll chalk that one up to not thinking before you post.

The spurs must not have been excited about their team for the last couple of years... With manu and timmy and all.

me

So you are trying to compare a 33 years old back up SF with Manu and Duncan? :wtf2:

Since86
11-15-2010, 02:46 PM
lying is a pet peeve of mine.

You say this as you defend Jim O'Brien????

Wow, talk about a contradiction.

Trophy
11-15-2010, 02:49 PM
I want Posey to be just a mentor for the young guys.

Someone to sit on the bench in street clothes much like Jeff has done. I know Jeff is injured, but he's done a good job almost being a coach for the younger guys.

33 year old guys in Jeff and Posey shouldn't really be in the regular rotation.

Mackey_Rose
11-15-2010, 02:53 PM
I want Posey to be just a mentor for the young guys.

Someone to sit on the bench in street clothes much like Jeff has done. I know Jeff is injured, but he's done a good job almost being a coach for the younger guys.

33 year old guys in Jeff and Posey shouldn't really be in the regular rotation.

You should qualify this statement by saying that 33 year old guys in Jeff and Posey shouldn't be in the regular rotation of a team trying to rebuild like the Pacers are.

Trophy
11-15-2010, 02:58 PM
You should qualify this statement by saying that 33 year old guys in Jeff and Posey shouldn't be in the regular rotation of a team trying to rebuild like the Pacers are.

Yeah that's what I mean.

Those guys are better being kept on the bench as mentors for the younger guys because of their experience.

Roy even said that Jeff's helped him out.

BringJackBack
11-15-2010, 04:05 PM
You say this as you defend Jim O'Brien????

Wow, talk about a contradiction.

I think that you're comment is short sighted. I am in no way a fan of Jim O'Brien, but I am also in no way a fan of complete horse manure when someone bashes Jim O'Brien 99% of the time as if he can do no good. I am not defending Jim O'Brien, I am defending common sense. Someone said that the more shots and the better defense James Posey plays the more minutes he is going to get as if that is a bad thing. Everything that happens to decrease a young players minutes of course has to be ridiculous and when Jeff Foster or James Posey play than Jim is some obsessive freak over playing veteran players.

I don't like it when people say that Jim will not develop young players. With the exception of Josh McRoberts (that has to do w/ the Troy Murphy love affair), he has been very very fair with all of our young players including AJ Price (that is debatable though depending on whether it is based on talent or consistency or whatever).

I don't like at all what Jim does with our offense- particularly not being consistent w/ the motion offense- and I don't like that he falls in love with players like Troy Murphy or Earl Watson. I also hate it when he fails to acknowledge good things and I hate it when he lies. But, he has been fair with our young players and James Posey has earned more minutes.

I know that this point of view is not popular with this board but I don't care.

daschysta
11-15-2010, 04:15 PM
So you are trying to compare a 33 years old back up SF with Manu and Duncan? :wtf2:

No, I was just being sardonic with your statement, which had no such qualifications originally about who, just that no fan should ever get excited about a player 33 or older.

The comment was just poking fun at your blanket statement.

IE it should have been me asking you whether you were aware of the age of above said players, since you made no qualifications in your comment.

Yes I was aware of what you meant, but you should be more specific in such instances, as when taken at face value such all inclusive declarations look silly.

cdash
11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
They have the right to get excited, I'm just saying that you know the team sucks when people are excited about a back up SF that is playing PF and not only that but he is 33 years old and not part of the future.

He isn't really a SF anymore. At this stage in his career, his mobility has declined to the point where I think he is more of a PF than an SF now. He doesn't have a problem on the defensive end with opposing PFs and with the way the game has evolved, his role in the offense as a mainly perimeter threat isn't uncommon at all.

cordobes
11-15-2010, 04:45 PM
He isn't really a SF anymore. At this stage in his career, his mobility has declined to the point where I think he is more of a PF than an SF now. He doesn't have a problem on the defensive end with opposing PFs and with the way the game has evolved, his role in the offense as a mainly perimeter threat isn't uncommon at all.

Fully agreed.

Posey is an useful role-player at the 4. A decent backup at that position. Can still play very good defense.

He's at most a situational backup as a wing. A 4th/5th wing to use only with favourable matchups. The days he could defend the elite wing scorers in the league as well as anybody are long gone. He's still a long, smart and disciplined defender... which makes him an excellent option to defend Peja Stokajovic or James Jones. Dunleavy can shut down that kind of player too.

In fact, he was already a better 4 than 2/3 when he won the championship with the Celtics. And he played plenty of minutes as the PF - it's an historically proven fact you can win a championship with (a younger) Posey as your PF. Indiana has much more depth at the wing than at the 4, so it makes even less sense to use Posey at the 3. He has no business being in the regular rotation there. Play him as the backup 4 while Hansbrough isn't ready to shoulder starting minutes and don't play him at all anywhere else unless in emergencies.

Posey isn't even shooting that well - I think he only had that night versus Scola. He's been playing more because of his defense. Played on the games versus Houston and Cleveland because Pacers bigs weren't doing a good job containing their counterparts on the defensive end.

Since86
11-15-2010, 04:54 PM
I think that you're comment is short sighted.

Short sighted? I didn't say anything other than the truth, with no in-depth analysis needed.

UncleBuck even says everytime that Jim say's an outright lie that he's surprised anyone still listens to Jim. You can make a lengthy post talking about whatever else.

In a post where you were defending Jim, you make a statement that lying is a pet peeve. Then you must be pretty annoyed with Jim as well, because there is no debating that he routinely says one thing, and does another. That's a fact.

We can talk about difference of opinion about offensive strategies, and we can both be right. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking specifically about what he say's and what he does, and often times they don't jive. That is lying anyway you want to spin it.

My comment isn't short sighted. It's a statement of fact.

BringJackBack
11-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Short sighted? I didn't say anything other than the truth, with no in-depth analysis needed.

UncleBuck even says everytime that Jim say's an outright lie that he's surprised anyone still listens to Jim. You can make a lengthy post talking about whatever else.

In a post where you were defending Jim, you make a statement that lying is a pet peeve. Then you must be pretty annoyed with Jim as well, because there is no debating that he routinely says one thing, and does another. That's a fact.

We can talk about difference of opinion about offensive strategies, and we can both be right. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking specifically about what he say's and what he does, and often times they don't jive. That is lying anyway you want to spin it.

My comment isn't short sighted. It's a statement of fact.

I 100% agree then because I hate when Jim lies but I don't think that he is always wrong.. I am very annoyed by Jim when he contradicts himself. Your correct there. On the other side though I hate it when others make everything Jim does a fail. That goes both ways.

The part that is short sighted is the part that you take one line out of my post that has nothing to do w/ James Posey to take a cheap shot at either me or Jim.. but that's fair because Jim has earned it I suppose.. just not with everything.

Since86
11-15-2010, 05:11 PM
This is starting to be my overall point though.

You aren't the first person to say you're irritated about the anti-Jim movement on the board. Trust me I know what it feels like to get tired about reading the same crap over and over.

But you do realize that you're not helping end the cycle, but continuing it? Defending Jim, because you're tired of reading complaints about him, isn't solving the problem. It's causing the problem to get bigger because you defend him by making a statement. Then the next, or two, or three, anti-Jim posters read it and respond to your defense. Then you read it and respond, and then it just keeps going and going.

BringJackBack
11-15-2010, 05:13 PM
This is starting to be my overall point though.

You aren't the first person to say you're irritated about the anti-Jim movement on the board. Trust me I know what it feels like to get tired about reading the same crap over and over.

But you do realize that you're not helping end the cycle, but continuing it? Defending Jim, because you're tired of reading complaints about him, isn't solving the problem. It's causing the problem to get bigger because you defend him by making a statement. Then the next, or two, or three, anti-Jim posters read it and respond to your defense. Then you read it and respond, and then it just keeps going and going.

True. I'm not helping anything.

joeyd
11-16-2010, 12:45 AM

I've looked at this quote backwards and forwards and any way I look at it, it doesn't make any sense at all. This team is .500 right now. Does this team really suck to you? If so, then I'd hate to know your definition of "average." And yeah, I'm excited to see our 33 year old guy return to the team. He brings things to the table that are needed. I'm excited to welcome back anyone, even a niche player, to the team when they can make it better.