PDA

View Full Version : When will we see AJ

cchobot
11-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Just wondering when everyone thinks we'll see AJ get in a game?

BringJackBack
11-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Barring injury, with how well TJ has been as the backup so far, probably until TJ is traded or he starts sucking again.

pacer4ever
11-13-2010, 11:33 PM
when J.O.B is fired or if TJ gets hurt

kester99
11-13-2010, 11:49 PM
I feel bad about AJ...a little. Then I think how happy I am that the Pacers have three (3!) viable point guards for this season, instead of one or none. Also, AJ has his health, still has a good NBA future, and is making upwards of 3/4 million dollars during his 24th year, with another year on the contract.

That said, if Tyler misses any games from this ankle twist, and Foster isn't ready, then I'd expect AJ to get to dress anyway. Play? Have to see how the other guys keep doing.

vnzla81
11-13-2010, 11:58 PM
When TJ and Dun break a leg

BringJackBack
11-14-2010, 12:14 AM
I feel bad about AJ...a little. Then I think how happy I am that the Pacers have three (3!) viable point guards for this season, instead of one or none. Also, AJ has his health, still has a good NBA future, and is making upwards of 3/4 million dollars during his 24th year, with another year on the contract.

That said, if Tyler misses any games from this ankle twist, and Foster isn't ready, then I'd expect AJ to get to dress anyway. Play? Have to see how the other guys keep doing.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70080/20101113/pacers_to_get_foster_back_this_week/

If Foster's back, I hope he dresses. I miss Jeff Foster at home games. It almost doesn't feel right. I've sat at home too many times on a Friday eating pizza or wings watching all the bigs in the past 4-6 years besides Roy or sometimes JO suck saying, "Get Foster in there".

Then a couple minutes later I say, "Hit a damn layup."

kester99
11-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Know what you mean. I'd love to see Foster available for some regular minutes through the rest of the season. We need that hardnose. I think he can score as much as Solomon, and he sure as heck can board better.

jeffg-body
11-14-2010, 01:11 AM
I was thinking right around the trading deadline if TJ keeps up his play.

cinotimz
11-14-2010, 05:16 AM
As soon as TJ is traded. Which cant come soon enough.

Unclebuck
11-14-2010, 06:09 AM
When the cows come home

LoneGranger33
11-14-2010, 07:13 AM
We would probably have already seen A.J. if T.J. Ford wasn't playing the best defense of his career. I have no complaints about the way Ford has been utilized this season, which says more about my concerns about Collison's on-ball D than anything else.

BlueNGold
11-14-2010, 08:13 AM
A classic case of show-casing is going on.

I'm not saying TJ is playing poorly, because he's not. It's just funny how obvious it is that AJ has been purposefully put on a shelf until the team can move TJ.

AJ Price is this year's Josh McRoberts. No legit reason to keep him tucked away.

Personally, I thought it was clear that AJ outplayed Collison in the preseason. He was able to bring it just as well offensively, but he played much better defense. I recall one game where I could tell they were being compared very closely...and I think the Pacers thought OH ****! We are going to have to hide this guy with TJ still on the payroll!

ChristianDudley
11-14-2010, 10:28 AM
As soon as:

1) T.J. is traded
or 2) When either Collison or Ford (God forbid) has an injury

Pacerized
11-14-2010, 10:32 AM
I think you may be right on the showcasing, and I hope that's the case. Thompson would be a nice pickup and may be the best available as a backup 4/5 or he might be able to start over McBob but I still hold hope for a major trade using some of our expiring contracts. The Wed. game against the Clippers should be a time to play TJ heavy minutes. They're unhappy with Davis and won't bring him back until after Thanksgiving. Davis probably has negative to 0 trade value right now due to his contract. They may look at TJ as a viable starting point guard with low risk due to his expiring contract. Kaman's #'s are down this year with Griffin dominating the paint but I think he would be a 20/10 player again for us if we started him at the 4. Of course showcasing against the Hawks on Monday wouldn't hurt either but I think Smith would come at a very high price if they were to trade him.

I'm not saying TJ is playing poorly, because he's not. It's just funny how obvious it is that AJ has been purposefully put on a shelf until the team can move TJ.

AJ Price is this year's Josh McRoberts. No legit reason to keep him tucked away.

Personally, I thought it was clear that AJ outplayed Collison in the preseason. He was able to bring it just as well offensively, but he played much better defense. I recall one game where I could tell they were being compared very closely...and I think the Pacers thought OH ****! We are going to have to hide this guy with TJ still on the payroll!

IndyHoya
11-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Sometime after hell freezes over.

Scot Pollard
11-14-2010, 11:14 AM
price is a fun player to watch

obrien is a fool for not playing him

obrien is very weird he wants to use undersized players to play pf so he can watch his wonderful 3 point shots there but rather not see them from a pg in price who is really good at making them

wtf jim omg

i will say this we finally have too much talent at pg and its going to come down to ford and price who will be collisons backup

Sookie
11-14-2010, 01:18 PM

I hope so.

And I hope the nice comments that JOB is giving Price is sort of like a pat on the head. "You aren't invisible..but the situation...."

Still, I think it's silly to keep him in a suit. God forbid Collison gets injured and we have to watch Ford for an entire game..But really, those games when our offense looks quite bad, Price might have helped..

Justin Tyme
11-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Know what you mean. I'd love to see Foster available for some regular minutes through the rest of the season. We need that hardnose. I think he can score as much as Solomon, and he sure as heck can board better.

What Pacer can't? Even the PG's can get more rebs!

Justin Tyme
11-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Besides the Bobcats, what teams need a PG?

vnzla81
11-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Besides the Bobcats, what teams need a PG?

Miami

MLB007
11-14-2010, 01:52 PM

It was our biggest weakness last night IMO.

Justin Tyme
11-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Miami

2 teams isn't a large maket when trying to trade Ford.

Sookie
11-14-2010, 02:23 PM

Golden State too (they need a backup)

vnzla81
11-14-2010, 02:25 PM

That plus Ford is making too much money,you would need to match salaries and is difficult to do.