PDA

View Full Version : Politics/World News Board?

Hicks
02-05-2004, 10:44 AM
I want to get a feel for how this would be received.

Hicks
02-05-2004, 11:12 AM
To "borrow" from another forum, it would carry a label similar to this:

"A forum for discussion and debate on topics ranging from philosophy and religion to science, politics and social issues."

skyfire
02-05-2004, 11:36 AM
As an Australian, i think it would be quite interesting to get the American people's view on some world issues.

Ragnar
02-05-2004, 11:56 AM
I dont know we all have the comon intrest in the Pacers but our world views might clash a lot. I am sure there are people in here on all sides of the political spectrum.

Heck if you want to stir up controversy why not start a CART-v-IRL board me an bball can duke it out in there.

Do we really need to get into abortion and gun crontroll?

Hicks
02-05-2004, 11:59 AM
It's up to you guys. Could lead to some good discussions, but also you are right I am sure it will lead to people strongly disagreeing as well.

ChicagoJ
02-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Well, if two people agree on everything all the time then one of them isn't necessary. :D

Having said that, I probably wouldn't join in the fun of this board. I freely admit that my priorities are out-of-whack - I follow professional basketball much closer than I follow that other 'nonsense.' :blush:

ABADays
02-05-2004, 02:17 PM
I would probably be against it because of the sanctity of this board :D . Seriously though, I think it could be something that COULD damage some of the comraderie.

Unclebuck
02-05-2004, 03:23 PM
I think it would be fun and with this being an election year it would be really fun.

dipperdunk
02-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Pandora's Box- a box that Zeus gave to Pandora with instructions that she not open it; she gave in to her curiosity and opened it; all the miseries and evils flew out to afflict mankind.

That example is a bit extreme but you get the idea. :)

Natston
02-05-2004, 04:57 PM
If the thread is held in check by the Admins, then the board will be just fine. But if it reverts to the starnews board then all hell will break lose.

obnoxiousmodesty
02-05-2004, 05:14 PM
I love the idea, but there is the possiblity that dissenting views will break the board up into cliques based upon topical/political leanings. It's success would depend upon how maturely the members could conduct themselves.

Hicks
02-05-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm not going to do it. I won't risk destroying the harmony that we more or less have right now.