PDA

View Full Version : Pacers - Cavs Pregame thread, 11/13/10

kester99
11-13-2010, 05:17 PM
From the Pacers Media Notes:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/notes.pdf

Tonight's Opponent:

Their only road game in a span of nearly three weeks has the Pacers at Cleveland to face the Cavaliers on Saturday, 11/13, completing Indiana's second back-to-back of the season. Having won their last meeting with the Cavs in April, the Pacers will be looking to win two in a row vs. Cleveland for the first time since a two-game winning streak that bridged the last meeting in 2004-05 and the first matchup of the 2005-06 seasons--both of which were at Conseco Fieldhouse. The Pacers' win in April was at Quicken Loans Arena, and Indiana has not won two straight games there since 2003 when it won its last outing there of the 2002-03 season and its first visit of 2003-04. All-time, Indiana is 29-51 on the road in Cleveland, and it trails the overall series with the Cavs, 81-76. Following Saturday's matchup, the Pacers will host the next two games with the Cavs on Tuesday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Dec. 17. The Pacers will make their second trip to Cleveland in early February, kicking off the month on Wednesday, Feb. 2.

The Cavs Media Notes:

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/notes.pdf

kester99
11-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Another test for a young team...lots of talk of being able....NEEDING to be able to bounce back has come from the players and coaches this season. Let's do it!

Pacers are 1-0 in back-to-backs so far this new season.

IUfan4life
11-13-2010, 06:01 PM
I think we match up pretty well against the Cavs. I expect another road win unless Antawn Jamison gets going

kester99
11-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Both Mo Williams and Varejao are listed as questionable at ESPN's game preview, but both are listed as probable starters by the Cavs Media Notes for the game.

Go figure. Although, as someone said recently, counting on an advantage due to opponent' injuries is fools' gold.

PacerPenguins
11-13-2010, 06:28 PM
comon if we beat cleveland well be 4-4, whats so bad about that?

jmoney2584
11-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Time to get my Blue and Gold goggles on again....hopefully I don't rip them off in disgust this time. Go Pacers!

ChristianDudley
11-13-2010, 06:55 PM
I read on Twitter today (forget who reported it), but Varejao is much more likely to play than Mo Williams tonight, but both are listed as gametime decisions. I really want us to win this game mostly because the Cavs are playing well so far this season and they're obviously a division rival of ours. LET'S GO PACERS!!!

BringJackBack
11-13-2010, 07:26 PM
comon if we beat cleveland well be 4-4, whats so bad about that?

Probably the fact that give or take some really dumb decisions by Jim O'Brien we could be 6-2 or better.

PacersPride
11-13-2010, 07:33 PM
this is a game we should win. no way the cavs are a better team than the pacers. i was going to go on an o'brien rant but decided its not going to do much good.

hansbrough has to get more minutes tonight, along with rush.

BringJackBack
11-13-2010, 07:36 PM
We need our power forwards- Josh and Tyler- and our shooting guards- Mike and Rush- to show up.

If Posey is going to play a lot we need him on Antawn Jamison because no one besides Danny can really guard him because he's one of those mismatch players.

This is one of those games that I wouldn't mind going small as we know that Cleveland is going to do that.

PacersPride
11-13-2010, 07:40 PM
We need our power forwards- Josh and Tyler- and our shooting guards- Mike and Rush- to show up.

If Posey is going to play a lot we need him on Antawn Jamison because no one besides Danny can really guard him because he's one of those mismatch players.

This is one of those games that I wouldn't mind going small as we know that Cleveland is going to do that.

Jamison is a tough matchup, but is it just me or do i feel confident in whoever hansbro gaurds, simply because hansbro can gaurd guys all the way out to the 3 pt line. whether it be jamison, brad miller, or schola, i feel like hansbro is going to make it difficult for anyone to score against him.

i like mcbob, he is a good player, but hansbro will defend all types a players. posey, although he is savvy, is still not as spry as tyler, i guess i just think hansbro is a very strong weapon on this team and would like to see him play much more.

BringJackBack
11-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Jamison is a tough matchup, but is it just me or do i feel confident in whoever hansbro gaurds, simply because hansbro can gaurd guys all the way out to the 3 pt line. whether it be jamison, brad miller, or schola, i feel like hansbro is going to make it difficult for anyone to score against him.

i like mcbob, he is a good player, but hansbro will defend all types a players. posey, although he is savvy, is still not as spry as tyler, i guess i just think hansbro is a very strong weapon on this team and would like to see him play much more.

I agree. Even though Tyler doesn't block any shots, he plays very solid defense on all players: stretches, hybrids, power, and back to basket. Same with Josh even though he should play more one on one defense instead of worrying about help too much. Another thing that makes me happy is Josh, Danny, and Roy take a lot of charges.

I do think, however, if Posey plays the same defense that he played last night, we should put James Posey on Antawn.

I'm getting much more around on Hansbrough (I just made my avatar about him lol), simply because he is much better than last year. I suppose that I would like to see him play more, but he's much like Foster as in as long as he's playing I'm happy and it all depends on matchups and all that.

kester99
11-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Game thread is up.

PacersPride
11-13-2010, 07:55 PM
I agree. Even though Tyler doesn't block any shots, he plays very solid defense on all players: stretches, hybrids, power, and back to basket. Same with Josh even though he should play more one on one defense instead of worrying about help too much. Another thing that makes me happy is Josh, Danny, and Roy take a lot of charges.

I do think, however, if Posey plays the same defense that he played last night, we should put James Posey on Antawn.

I'm getting much more around on Hansbrough (I just made my avatar about him lol), simply because he is much better than last year. I suppose that I would like to see him play more, but he's much like Foster as in as long as he's playing I'm happy and it all depends on matchups and all that.

i dont know, i just think posey is too one dimensional. im a big hansbro fan, just love the energy and the way he plays, reminds me of myself lol. he pisses other players off and just extremely scrappy.. honestly, guys have to hate being gaurded by the guy cause he just goes balls out at all times.

maybe o'brien doesnt appreciate it but i think many coaches in this league find a way to get hansbro on the court for 25 minutes a game. unlike some players (ahem posey).. hansbro whether his offense is flowing or not can still make a difference cause he will rebound, defend, and just purely play all out.

o'brien is a darn fool for not getting him on the court more. no slight to mcbob, but hansbro is a stud. kid has so much fight in him.. its no wonder they call him psycho T

Sookie
11-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Josh plays a lot of his minutes with Collison and Dun
Hans plays a lot of his minutes with Rush/George and Ford

Josh has to help more..we do not have a good (all right, we have a bad..very bad) starting backcourt when it comes to defense.

Ford an Rush/George aren't going to let players drive by them as much, which means Hans doesn't have to help as much.

PacersPride
11-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Josh plays a lot of his minutes with Collison and Dun
Hans plays a lot of his minutes with Rush/George and Ford

Josh has to help more..we do not have a good (all right, we have a bad..very bad) starting backcourt when it comes to defense.

Ford an Rush/George aren't going to let players drive by them as much, which means Hans doesn't have to help as much.

therein lies some of the problem though... should Dun be starting or Rush, i think Rush.. which would improve the defense in the backcourt. i think the rotations are not right.. but complaining about o'brien just isnt worth it anymore so im trying to limit it.

im also starting to really anticipate price returning to the lineup, been dissapointed w/ DC's D.. i dont think ford is very good defensively so would really like to see price and what he can bring on that side of the court as well.