PDA

View Full Version : 11/12/10 Game Thread #7: Pacers Vs. Rockets

Pages : 1 [2]

rock747
11-12-2010, 09:25 PM
same old pacers

righteouscool
11-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Granger can't get himself open when it counts, whether it be without the ball or with it, hes just not as good as Pacers fans want to believe he is.

:laugh:

Granger was guarded by probably the best defender in the game and gives someone else the ball instead of throwing up a wild shot and he still gets blamed.

Some people just can't win. .

ksuttonjr76
Were they seriously going to call the foul on the rebound?????

Kamiyohk
YOU KNOW WT?
I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT POSEY AND MD HAVE NICE OFFENCE GAME AT ALL
BUT THEY CAN'T PLAY D AND RUN

AS ROY HIBBERT REALLY CAN'T GUARD MILLER
COLLISON CAN'T STOP LOWRY
SO WE LOSE THE GAME

BAD ROTAION, WT CAN I SAY?

RUSH ONLY 1-7 2 POINTS
JOSH CAN'T MAKE SHOT

BUT WE ARE BETTER TEAM WHEN WE HAVE RUSH AND JOSH ON THE COURT

LoneGranger33

Yes, that's true. We call those guys the Pacers.

ksuttonjr76
same old pacers

No...they're not.

PaceBalls
11-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I told ya'll that JOB would pull Roy at the end of games.

It was everything I hate about Jim tonight to end that game. Not playing Roy at the end because of fear of Brad Miller's outside shooting, instead of making the Rocket's adjust to Roy he adjusted to the 34 year old Brad Miller. Playing Posey to end the game just cause he hit a few 3 pointers instead of playing Tyler. Top it off with a terrible play to end the game. No open look, no second option, of course that might have been bad execution, but WTF.

:banghead:

jmoney2584
God...Stacey Paetz' interviews with the opposing team after a loss is sickening. Way to rub it in our faces. Why doesnt she interview someone from our team so we can get a first hand reaction to the loss, maybe someone who would be willing to sack up and give us an explanation for this pitiful team. F#$% this team. seriously. I'm tired of it. We are going to miss the playoffs and get a low lotto selection. There is no one good in FA this year, we are just a mediocre team and that isnt changing anytime soon. At least IU has some hope for the future, good god...

kester99
Dunleavy shot 6-9 tonight and had 6 assists. I'd certainly keep playing him.

mb221
11-12-2010, 09:28 PM
YOU KNOW WT?
I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT POSEY AND MD HAVE NICE OFFENCE GAME AT ALL
BUT THEY CAN'T PLAY D

AS ROY HIBBERT REALLY CAN'T GUARD MILLER
SO WE LOSE THE GAME

BAD ROTAION, WT CAN I SAY?

Must have been watching a different game than me. Posey was playing some great D on Scola in the first half.

graphic-er
This has been the worst officiated game i've seen in a long time. We lost by 3 and there was atleast 3pts given to the Rockets due to the terrible foul calling and terrible no fouls when it was an obvious foul.

oxxo
same old pacers

No. Same old JOB.

ksuttonjr76

No...we're doing better than last year....

rock747
11-12-2010, 09:29 PM
No...they're not.

Overachieve against a good team one night, underachieve and lose to a lesser team the next. That formula sounds familiar doesn't it?

Lance George
11-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Dunleavy shot 6-9 tonight and had 6 assists. I'd certainly keep playing him.

Brandon Rush was 1-7 with 1 assist.

Trader Joe
11-12-2010, 09:32 PM
No...we're doing better than last year....

How is two losses at home, both to teams missing at least their best player, in the span of one week...better than last year? It looks exactly the freakin' same to me.

Sookie
11-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Brandon Rush was 1-7 with 1 assist.

Kevin Martin..who Brandon/Dun were guarding, ended up carrying Houston in the end. I wonder why?

jmoney2584
11-12-2010, 09:33 PM
:laugh:

Granger was guarded by probably the best defender in the game and gives someone else the ball instead of throwing up a wild shot and he still gets blamed.

Great players find ways around that. This isn't the first time Danny has been a no show this year, especially down the stretch. The fact that he has no good "in the clutch" moves is undisputable. Look, I love the guy, but hes not that good. He is a tall jump shooter with mediocre defense. He could be better on D, but he isn't (his fault). He isn't that athletic, not super quick or an insane vertical. If he was smart he would do what players who lose their athletic ability late in career do to remain great and GET A FREAKING POST GAME. He's a second, maybe third tier player and its all on him. Again, I like Danny, but he isn't that good. I would trade him for a real star in a heart beat. I'm not all attached to him like some people are just because we've seen him grow and mature...lose some teeth, hit a few big shots.. as a Pacer. Big deal. Show me a consistent ability to perform and take over in the 4th quarter and I'll eat that crow butt first but until then I am going to remain in this stance.

jmoney2584
11-12-2010, 09:34 PM

Sad but true.

Jon Theodore
11-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Must have been watching a different game than me. Posey was playing some great D on Scola in the first half.

Poseys defense was excellent tonight.

Jon Theodore
11-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Kevin Martin..who Brandon/Dun were guarding, ended up carrying Houston in the end. I wonder why?

Granger was "guarding" him when he hit the wide open 3 pointer, which was really an early dagger. Brandon Rush played solid defense on Martin.

rock747
11-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Honestly, Granger's probably the pacer's weakness. He's just not playing up to the level the Pacers need him to right now. That big 3 that martin hit, Granger was guarding him.

jmoney2584
11-12-2010, 09:39 PM
We did a horrible job rotating and closing out on three pointers down the stretch.

Sookie
11-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Honestly, Granger's probably the pacer's weakness. He's just not playing up to the level the Pacers need him to right now. That big 3 that martin hit, Granger was guarding him.

Are you serious?
Granger's our best player. Is he Dwayne Wade or Kobe Bryant? No, he's not. But he's an extremely good player. There's no way he's our "weakness"

rock747
11-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Are you serious?
Granger's our best player. Is he Dwayne Wade or Kobe Bryant? No, he's not. But he's an extremely good player. There's no way he's our "weakness"

the way he's been playing has been a weakness.

Arcaneknight
11-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I hate the way plays are drawn up at the end. Lets give it to granger cause he's been hitting so well.

Sookie
11-12-2010, 10:43 PM
I hate the way plays are drawn up at the end. Lets give it to granger cause he's been hitting so well.

I think the problem is more "handing the ball to Granger to have him create a shot" when he's not a great creater..Why can't we run guys off screens for a three?

Jeez, stick Dun, Granger, Posey, and Collison in...All of them can make a three..someone set a screen and get one of those guys open..

Arcaneknight
11-13-2010, 12:28 AM
I think the problem is more "handing the ball to Granger to have him create a shot" when he's not a great creater..Why can't we run guys off screens for a three?

Jeez, stick Dun, Granger, Posey, and Collison in...All of them can make a three..someone set a screen and get one of those guys open..

Totally agree

pacer4ever
11-13-2010, 12:41 AM
the way he's been playing has been a weakness.

:bs:

jmoney2584
11-13-2010, 12:43 AM
I've been preaching this all night. Danny isn't who I want taking big shots anymore, unless he is wide open with minimal effort haven taken place to obtain said openess. I thought that maybe one day he'd develop the moves and skills required to get your own shot, but he hasn't shown that he is capable. He's got the size that, if he really worked on it, he could have a pretty nifty post game that would really open up his scoring options. A good post game is something you can take into the clutch. It's a lot better than "hesitation dribble..SHOT!" or "Step back...FADE AWAY SHOT!!"

Trophy
11-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Danny is probably the only guy on the team that I'd trust with the ball in his hands in closing minutes of close games. He's a quick catch and shoot player.

He can still knock down shots, but I think now he's trusting his teammates to score along with him so we haven't seen too many high scoring nights from DG33 yet this season.

Sookie
11-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Yes, God forbid we set a play up for him.

Boston can get Ray Allen a shot...I know it's easy to just "give it to star and go" but we don't have that luxury, so we need to figure out a way to get our best player a good opportunity to score late in games.

vnzla81
11-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Yes, God forbid we set a play up for him.

Boston can get Ray Allen a shot...I know it's easy to just "give it to star and go" but we don't have that luxury, so we need to figure out a way to get our best player a good opportunity to score late in games.

Reggie was on NBA tv and was saying that that last play call was horrible.

I was expecting the call to be bad but not that bad.

pacer4ever
11-13-2010, 01:21 AM
Reggie was on NBA tv and was saying that that last play call was horrible.

I was expecting the call to be bad but not that bad.

he is right when reggie got the last shot he was almost always coming off a screen not off ISO. Danny should have come off a screen for an open look