PDA

View Full Version : Too many minutes?

IUfan4life
11-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Lebron thinks so. Curious to what everyone on here thinks about this.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/11/lebron-james-thinks-he-played-too-many-minutes/

by Marcel Mutoni / @marcel_mutoni

Last night, absolutely everything went terribly wrong for the Miami Heat. The Boston Celtics came into their house and straight punked them.

To make matters worse, unlike the previous disaster against the Utah Jazz, the whole basketball-watching world had tuned in for this one. It didn’t help that TNT’s cameras kept panning over to Pat Riley’s increasingly frustrated mug after each dagger from Boston.

Following the game, after submitting a superhuman performance in the losing effort, LeBron James complained about his playing time.

James looked visibly gassed in the fourth quarter against the Celtics, and thinks he played too many minutes. The message to his already embattled head coach was clear and unmistakable.

Yahoo! has some of the usual vitriol, plus the quotes:

“For myself, 44 minutes is too much,” James declared. “I think Coach Spo knows that. Forty minutes for D-Wade is too much. We have to have as much energy as we can to finish games out.” There you go, Coach Spo. Get to know him well.

Two days earlier, James had done nothing in overtime and ultimately decided the difference was a Hall of Fame coach, Jerry Sloan, who knew exactly what the Heat were going to do. James never takes responsibility, never says, ‘I’m the MVP and I need to do more.’ He didn’t do it in Cleveland, and he’s never going to do in Miami. Now, 44 minutes in a grudge game with the Celtics is too much. Always an out, always an excuse.

Erik Spoelstra has not had a very good week.

Nine games into season, there are plenty of questions and doubts about the Miami Heat. It remains to be seen just how much time Erik Spoelstra will be given to come up with satisfactory answers.

vnzla81
11-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Yep that coach is on his way out

jhondog28
11-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Let the excuses start for Miami. Guess its the coaches fault that the entire team thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Lebron is lazy on the court. He think just by being lebron he will immediately start out with 20 points. Whent things dont go his way he starts sulking instead of getting pissed and turning his game on. That is why it is so easy to hate the guy.

Infinite MAN_force
11-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Looks like that Miami bar owner has already given away more free meals/drinks than he expected with the Heat barely over .500...

I hope they continue to dissapoint. It is exactly what Lebron deserves.

spreedom
11-12-2010, 12:25 PM
The Heat are playing lazy, unfocused basketball right now. Plain and simple. Bosh didn't make any effort defensively all night last night (huge LOL on the 1st half Rondo dunk), Wade was 2-12 with 6 TOs and LeBron still looks content playing "LeBron ball," which we all know won't win a championship.

I think the blueprint for Miami is to let LeBron get his, play Bosh physically, and throw double teams at Wade whenever he starts to heat up.

DGPR
11-12-2010, 12:26 PM
When do we ever hear Kobe or Durant complaining of too many minutes? Everybody crowned the Heat champions without playing a single game and reality hits that they have two great wing players, a really good PF and a bunch of role players that just started playing games together a few weeks ago.

cramerica
11-12-2010, 01:00 PM
He's complaining about playing too much? This guy is ridiculous. Blame it on the coach Lebron. :rolleyes: You're getting paid hundreds of millions of dollars to play this game and now you are blaming the coach and complaining that you are playing to much? Idiotic.

Slick Pinkham
11-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Whent things dont go his way he starts sulking instead of getting pissed and turning his game on.

Can you point out when this happened? Please show me some highlights of him sulking on the court. Not "turning his game on" translates to 35 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists?

He is stupid for being critical of his coach, for sure, I'm not denying that. His not turning his game on is however nowhere near an issue. Last night Wade was putrid on offense, but their main problem as a team is that nobody on their roster can guard the opposing point guard. Their losses are to teams with Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Rondo again. They don't need a PG on offense, but on D it is essential. When Wade is 100% I guess we will see him guarding the point because Arroyo and House sure can't. The second major area is Bosh's poor post defense. They are better when he sits and Haslem plays, frankly, or they play centerless with Haslem and Bosh together.

rock747
11-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I hope they continue to not play well. Honestly, i think it's better for the NBA when the Heat lose.

Sookie
11-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Ray played as much as Lebron did last night.

You know, the 35 year old who spends the entire game running around trying to get open on offense (to the point where it must be frustrating as a defender) and played pretty darn good defense on Wade, clearly.

Lebron's 25. His team has arguably 2 of the top 3 players in the world...shut up and win.

Scot Pollard
11-12-2010, 03:00 PM
erik spoelstra is a horrible coach and its obvious he cant coach a team with that good of talent

that team is also very bad and they need a center if they want to advance in the playoffs

i hate lebron

what would you guys do if he tore his acl and was out for the whole season

Hibbert
11-12-2010, 03:47 PM
erik spoelstra is a horrible coach and its obvious he cant coach a team with that good of talent

that team is also very bad and they need a center if they want to advance in the playoffs

i hate lebron

what would you guys do if he tore his acl and was out for the whole season

The coach has not even had a fair shot yet to be called horrible. Unfortunatley he will be the scapegoat for everything that goes wrong with this team. No leader, All-Star, even good player would ever complain about getting too many minutes. They have 3 players and everybody knows this. Bosh is a fringe all star and has been over rated too much. The blame needs to be on the team right now, they haven't been able to live up to expectations and already Lebron is bad mouthing his coach in some way and not accepting blame or responsibility in any way. I love it, I hope they keep losing, no way the win the Championship.

jhondog28
11-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Can you point out when this happened? Please show me some highlights of him sulking on the court. Not "turning his game on" translates to 35 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists?

He is stupid for being critical of his coach, for sure, I'm not denying that. His not turning his game on is however nowhere near an issue. Last night Wade was putrid on offense, but their main problem as a team is that nobody on their roster can guard the opposing point guard. Their losses are to teams with Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Rondo again. They don't need a PG on offense, but on D it is essential. When Wade is 100% I guess we will see him guarding the point because Arroyo and House sure can't. The second major area is Bosh's poor post defense. They are better when he sits and Haslem plays, frankly, or they play centerless with Haslem and Bosh together.

See last years Cleveland team in the playoffs. Dude flat out gave up...can't convince me differently.

Slick Pinkham
11-12-2010, 04:43 PM
I thought we were talking about Miami and the game last night?