PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass on Insight?

Sollozzo
08-24-2004, 10:09 AM
The past 2 years I have wanted to get NBA league pass, but Insight doesn't offer it. I can't get a salilite dish installed at my house because of way too many trees.

I read something on here a week or so ago where someone thought that Insight would pickup league pass this season. Does anyone know if this is true, and if it is, when is the earliest I could get it?

Hicks
08-24-2004, 10:12 AM
I emailed insight a month ago about this, and they said no they were not getting it. However, this may have been only for my area (I live in New Castle, I'm under their Anderson branch).

Sollozzo
08-24-2004, 10:14 AM
That bites. I doubt will offer it where I am either, considering they have never had it up to this point.

TheSauceMaster
08-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Well , I am not ruling it out , some cable companies offer the LP on Demand without Having NBA TV , so I don't Know really what the Status is and My friend who is a installer said If they do Offer it it will be in all markets , yes all Insight Markets. You can Call up Insight 5 times a day , I will bet you $100.00 you will get 5 diffrent answers to your Questions , The Customer Service Reps are the Last too know anything , they don't know until they get a memo or have a meeting.

Pefect Example is I called up today just too test and I asked about the NFL network the Rep was clueless , called back 30 mins later got another Rep , she told Gave me some Gibberish about Satellites and COntracts etc , so Don't belive everything you Hear from calling a customer rep. I called last friday about the speed upgrades which I know for a fact happening on Sept 1st , same results and I personally seen the memo.

If you want real answers email your district manager or talk to a installer , they know the most info and if you don't email them and call them too let them know there is intrest then they will most likely not get what your looking for.

ChicagoJ
08-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Are you talking about the NFL network or Sunday Ticket? Those are two different things.

Sunday Ticket is an exclusive contract with DirecTV. That contract runs for four more seasons, but the NFL (interestingly, not DirecTV) has the option to extend it after next (2005) season. You can take that answer to the bank. I know certain cable companies (Comcast in particular) are picking up the NFL network in hopes to get involved with the Sunday Ticket in 2008.

But its not clear that the NFL wants to distribute the Sunday Ticket that broadly...

Its safe to assume a large percentage of the likely Sunday Ticket subscribers have already switched to DirecTV over the past decade. Sure there are some exceptions, where trees get in the way of reception and such, but right now the Sunday Ticket franchise is more valuable to the NFL if it is restricted to one exclusive nationwide distribution channel (DirecTV) than if it were spread across all the various cable outlets.

Kegboy
08-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Are you talking about the NFL network or Sunday Ticket?

He's talking about the NFL network Jay. Insight just threw it up without any fanfare.

They've also got what appears to be that new College Sports network, and some new Fox Sports channels, but while they show up in the guide, you can't access them yet.

Lord Helmet
08-25-2004, 10:19 PM
I thought I heard LP would be on Insight by the start of the season.I hope so.

TheSauceMaster
08-27-2004, 12:34 AM
Well Insight hasn't announced the NFL network yet because not all area's have it Live on there Networks yet.

SoupIsGood
08-27-2004, 12:40 AM
I had a doctored sattelite card for about a year or two, that was heaven. Every channel on earth!

And then they started cracking down on that. :cry::cry:

TheSauceMaster
08-27-2004, 12:40 AM
He's talking about the NFL network Jay. Insight just threw it up without any fanfare.

They've also got what appears to be that new College Sports network, and some new Fox Sports channels, but while they show up in the guide, you can't access them yet.

I have also noticed these channels on my guide , also they are rolling out the Anime Network , not available in all area's yet .

Sunday Ticket is Satillte only , so you wont be seeing that on any Digital Cable system from what I gather.

MY Understanding is there just working on Contracts for NBATV and League Pass.

I know Comcast, Cox Communications, Time Warner Cable, and Cablevision. All Have NBA Tv and Alot of those Have LP also.