PDA

View Full Version : Granger Fine With Fewer Minutes

Kemo
11-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Granger Fine With Fewer Minutes

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Granger_Danny_ind.jpg
Nov 10, 2010 4:56 PM EST

Pacers forward Danny Granger is fine with coach Jim O'Brien's plan to limit his minutes.

O'Brien would like to keep Granger at around 35 minutes per game.

"I'm all for it," Granger said. "I think I've been playing too many minutes. Now we have all our wings, so I won't have to worry about having to carry a lot of minutes."

O'Brien would like to use a four-man rotation now that Brandon Rush has returned from suspension.

Via Indianapolis Star

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70032/20101110/granger_fine_with_fewer_minutes/#ixzz14vOOkbG1

Trophy
11-10-2010, 07:26 PM
I think this is good for both Danny and the team.

Danny won't get too tired and Paul will get some more time.

Danny averaged 35-36 minutes a game in the past so it's good to get it back to that.

Sookie
11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
And....Danny will play about 45 Friday..

CableKC
11-10-2010, 07:36 PM
No, no......in JO'Bspeak.....35 minutes = 48 minutes for the entire game....or according to ZBo...42 minutes for the entire game. ;)

CableKC
11-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I really hope that it means JO'B reduces Granger's minutes. We know who the 3 Wing Players are going to be.....Granger/Dunleavy/BRush...whose the 4th Wing Player?

Sookie and I think it won't be PG.....but did we use 4 Wing Players yesterday night before we decided to go to play the "end of the bench" guys?

I thought that we pretty much went with a Granger/BRush/Dunleavy SG/SF rotation :shrug:.

I don't seem to recall PG getting any meaningful minutes until we pretty much had the game in hand.

Sookie
11-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I really hope that it means JO'B reduces Granger's minutes. We know who the 3 Wing Players are going to be.....Granger/Dunleavy/BRush...whose the 4th Wing Player?

Sookie and I think it won't be PG.....but did we use 4 Wing Players yesterday night before we decided to go to play the "end of the bench" guys?

I thought that we pretty much went with a Granger/BRush/Dunleavy SG/SF rotation :shrug:.

I don't seem to recall PG getting any meaningful minutes until we pretty much had the game in hand.

He came in at some point during either the first or the second quarter for a bit.

But to be fair, Rush and Dun were playing so well, I wouldn't have played George that much.

jhondog28
11-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Granger----39minutes
Dunleavy-----32 minutes
Rush-------27 minutes
George----10 minutes

Book it!

Trophy
11-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Continue to start Mike for at least 5 more games and see how he does.

If he starts to struggle then move him behind Danny and Brandon starts at SG and shares time with Paul.

That's a good wing rotation we have. Just as long as JOB doesn't use Posey.

jeffg-body
11-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Good deal. I think Danny has been over worked a bit.

dohman
11-10-2010, 08:59 PM

must you be negative all the freakin time? We get it.... you do not like o brien.

xBulletproof
11-10-2010, 09:04 PM
must you be negative all the freakin time? We get it.... you do not like o brien.

In defense of Sookie, there's a few who are much worse. Not even just about O'Brien, sometimes it's a player. Some are so far on that end, that when I see their name, I already know what the post will say half of the time.

Either way, I share the sentiment overall, just not so much the chosen target. Carry on. :D

Sookie
11-10-2010, 09:12 PM

Once again, it's not negative, it's true. If O'brien would actually do what he says he's going to do, or heck..shut his mouth..I wouldn't say it.

And why do I continuosly say it, because really..a discussion on what the coach says he's going to do is silly because he's probably not going to do what he says he's going to do. And you can't exclude that in a discussion.