PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Versus the Rockets

pacergod2
11-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Well.... I am going to my first Pacers game at Conseco on Friday night versus the Rockets. I figured I would spend some money to go since I don't often get to Indy. I am sitting in the first Row behind the Pacers bench. Third seat from the tunnel. "Excited" doesn't even begin to explain.

My question at this point is, what should I expect and what are some recommendations for the game that I should know?

I have been to Indy a few times, so I am fairly familiar with the city itself, but what should I do before or after the game? Do Pacers fans gather afterward at any particular location? Just trying to gauge my evening. Thanks in advance everybody.

SMosley21
11-10-2010, 04:26 PM
You'll be able to get Larry Bird's autograph during timeouts. You have to a "courtside" seat (anything in the first 7 rows) in order to have access to him or the Locker Room restaurant. You'll have GREAT seats. I've sat in those same seats, but 3 rows from the bench and it's absolutely amazing.

A lot of Pacers fans sometimes go to Scotty's Brewhouse before and/or after the games. It's only about a block away, so it's within walking distance of the Fieldhouse.

Trader Joe
11-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Plenty of places right around the field house to eat and drink before or after the game, Scotty's, O'Reilly's, The Pub, and Kilroy's are all within two minutes of walking distance from Conseco and have good bar food with option for beverages as well.

BillS
11-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Bunch of folks from PD meet when the game ends at the pillar to the right of the main bowl (Section 1) entrance.

MTM
11-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Dude - have fun. Bring back stories to Virginia.

Trophy
11-10-2010, 05:09 PM
You'll be able to get Larry Bird's autograph during timeouts. You have to a "courtside" seat (anything in the first 7 rows) in order to have access to him or the Locker Room restaurant. You'll have GREAT seats. I've sat in those same seats, but 3 rows from the bench and it's absolutely amazing.

A lot of Pacers fans sometimes go to Scotty's Brewhouse before and/or after the games. It's only about a block away, so it's within walking distance of the Fieldhouse.

I sat right over there too and those were great.

There was my seat, the aisle, Bird's wife, Bird and then the tunnel next to him.

In front of him were David Morway and Herb Simon.

Trophy
11-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Are you flying or driving there?

Arrive to the game an hour - an hour and 1/2 before so you can watch the players shoot around and get some autographs.

Since you're sitting by the tunnel you can stay there as long as you want.

Enjoy the game.