PDA

View Full Version : Area 55 season thread for 2010-11

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

pacer4ever
11-10-2010, 04:26 PM
everything Area 55

BillS
11-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Suggestion: Any time the ball is in play but there's no organized chant there should be just a standard noise for everyone to make.

"AHHHHHH" or "OHHHHHH" or something like that doesn't take a lot of voice if everyone is doing it, but it can make a huge difference in the ambiance.

pacer4ever
11-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Suggestion: Any time the ball is in play but there's no organized chant there should be just a standard noise for everyone to make.

"AHHHHHH" or "OHHHHHH" or something like that doesn't take a lot of voice if everyone is doing it, but it can make a huge difference in the ambiance.

But the thing is Roy told us to do the OHHHHH chant when the opposing center has the ball only. And when the opposing center passes the ball be quiet. He also told us to be quiet when he has the ball.

IndyHoya
11-10-2010, 04:47 PM
But the thing is Roy told us to do the OHHHHH chant when the opposing center has the ball only. And when the opposing center passes the ball be quiet. He also told us to be quiet when he has the ball.

True. Words of Roy at the autograph session. He thought the "ahhing" when the opposing guy had the ball would screw up the opposing center's concentration and play a little mind game on him.

We could try the constant hum thing and see how it goes when Roy isn't in the game.

I Love P
11-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Not a fan of having one thread for a whole season.

Trader Joe
11-10-2010, 05:24 PM
I guess I was hoping Area 55 would try to help everyone on the Pacers, when so far it seems very Roy focused. I know he bought the tickets and all, but Squad 6 doesn't only do things for Bogut.

I know you guys have caught a lot of flack so far, and you're all still trying to get on the same page, so I'm really not trying to criticize and feel free to completely ignore this, but I think it would be helpful to make noise all the time.

And research Section 8 of the Chicago Fire, they are the best pro fan section in America.

pacer4ever
11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I guess I was hoping Area 55 would try to help everyone on the Pacers, when so far it seems very Roy focused. I know he bought the tickets and all, but Squad 6 doesn't only do things for Bogut.

I know you guys have caught a lot of flack so far, and you're all still trying to get on the same page, so I'm really not trying to criticize and feel free to completely ignore this, but I think it would be helpful to make noise all the time.

And research Section 8 of the Chicago Fire, they are the best pro fan section in America.

we do DC2 chant we do m i k e chant we do 2much4u chant we do a chant for almost every player buddy.

pacer4ever
11-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Not a fan of having one thread for a whole season.

greenway84 wanted it and a lot of others too. easier to find now that it has been stickyed

Trader Joe
11-10-2010, 05:44 PM
we do DC2 chant we do m i k e chant we do 2much4u chant we do a chant for almost every player buddy.

Well then I guess I can't hear them then? :shrug:

Like I said I know you guys are getting it from just about every angle right now, and you can get better. I'm not trying to be an a**hole here.

I'm telling you SECTION 8 is the group to emulate. They are awesome. Look up their youtube videos. I've talked with ElPacero about this. They are incredible.

I know soccer fans get away with more, and are generally more passionate as a whole, but there are a lot of chants and things like that to take away.

One of my favorite ones they do is just "We love our Fire!" in kind of a sing-songy way. I think "We love our Pacers!" could be just as good, plus they do a chant where they go "Chi (Chee)-ca-go" and they keep chanting that, it sounds great, and I think you could do something similar with IN-DI-ANA

pacer4ever
11-10-2010, 05:47 PM

Like I said I know you guys are getting it from just about every angle right now, and you can get better. I'm not trying to be an a**hole here.

I'm telling you SECTION 8 is the group to emulate. They are awesome. Look up their youtube videos. I've talked with ElPacero about this. They are incredible.

Why is everyone saying yell the whole game. You should of heard el pacero's vocie last night it was shot. You try yelling the whole game it isnt that easy. We need to make improvements. but yelling the whole game isnt the best option.

Trader Joe
11-10-2010, 05:48 PM
I didn't say to "yell" the whole game. I just made suggestions of two chants/songs to do while there is silence that needs to be filled, that isn't specifically yelling.

BillS
11-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Why is everyone saying yell the whole game. You should of heard el pacero's vocie last night it was shot. You try yelling the whole game it isnt that easy. We need to make improvements. but yelling the whole game isnt the best option.

If everybody is making the same noise at the same time no single person needs to abuse their voice.

I'm a musician. I've sung in bars, I've done 12 hour gigs on St. Patrick's Day. I have experience. The voice is like any other part of your body, use it right and you'll be fine.

The best advice I can give, and give it over and over, is that you can never drink too much water before and during heavy vocal activity.

pacer4ever
11-10-2010, 05:51 PM
I didn't say to "yell" the whole game. I just made suggestions of two chants/songs to do while there is silence that needs to be filled, that isn't specifically yelling.

we were really good the 1st qt. then we kind of fell apart in the 2nd.

Trader Joe
11-10-2010, 05:55 PM
That's why I think adding stuff into fill the dead time, and stay interested is key.

Also in Section 8, they have two guys (they usually swap with two new guys at half time) who have their backs to the game, stand on a platform in front of the section, and lead the chants. These guys are freakin' intense I have seen them in person. They are chugging water during breaks and never stop. I really can't even stress how awesome Section 8 is in person, they never quit, and they do a good mix of simple and complex chants that break the monotony of Saying something clap, clap, clap Saying Something again clap, clap, clap.

Different cadences are important too.

pacer4ever
11-10-2010, 05:57 PM

I know soccer fans get away with more, and are generally more passionate as a whole, but there are a lot of chants and things like that to take away.

One of my favorite ones they do is just "We love our Fire!" in kind of a sing-songy way. I think "We love our Pacers!" could be just as good, plus they do a chant where they go "Chi (Chee)-ca-go" and they keep chanting that, it sounds great, and I think you could do something similar with IN-DI-ANA

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ni0XrIucLuM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ni0XrIucLuM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

They have a have a lot more people than us. They dont sound that lound but maybe im wrong. But they are more on the same page and in unsion than us thats for sure.

Trader Joe
11-10-2010, 06:37 PM
They probably have about 200 people, but its also an outdoor stadium. They are very loud. I've seen them in person.

Trophy
11-10-2010, 06:38 PM
How about when Josh does a slam you get up and chant (clap x5) Josh McRoberts! etc.

That's what a lot of people used to do for him when he didn't play, but when I was at the game against Houston last year when he scored a career high, I saw Duke and Gnome chanting it.

I was chanting it at Charlotte this season whenever he had a dunk.

I like the ideas so far.

Do you guys have a chant for Danny?

IndyHoya
11-10-2010, 06:47 PM
How about when Josh does a slam you get up and chant (clap x5) Josh McRoberts! etc.

That's what a lot of people used to do for him when he didn't play, but when I was at the game against Houston last year when he scored a career high, I saw Duke and Gnome chanting it.

I like the ideas so far.

We actually do chant Josh Mc-Ro-berts whenever Josh does something good. Danny's been problematic. We were doing Dan-nee, Dan-nee at the Denver game. We really need something better but he doesn't seem to have a nickname or anything we can latch onto. We're always open to suggestions.

IndyHoya
11-10-2010, 06:50 PM
The best advice I can give, and give it over and over, is that you can never drink too much water before and during heavy vocal activity.

That's pretty good advice. I googled "hoarseness cures" after our 1st preseason game and that seemed the most advised practical remedy. Hoarseness really is a problem for us right now. Although, for me, it's getting better. I've never been as hoarse as I was after that 1st game. I had a squeaky voice afterwards for about 3 days.

mekoxavier1
11-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Maybe you guys could do the Batman TV Theme song for him.

Deadshot
11-10-2010, 09:16 PM

I like the ideas so far.

You were at the Charlotte game this year? Me too. Once I get them from my friend, I plan on posting some pics from the action (although its in the past). Didn't think anyone else from PD would be there.

redfoster
11-10-2010, 09:33 PM
One of the saddest Area 55 moments came in the second quarter of the Denver game. Not because of how our team was playing and not because of opposing fans but because of "row 5" in section 101.

The first three rows in section 101 are separated by a glass barrier. The forth row is where Area 55 should start but doesn't because of PS&E decision to sell the tickets to anyone who's willing to pay less than half price for their tickets. These people are the false face of Area 55 and give us diehard's a bad name. Especially when they don't wear Pacer gear.

At the beginning of the Nugget game our chant leaders moved down to row 5 with other diehards. The row was empty so it only made sense. The rest of us filled in the rows behind them. It was a school night so many 55ers couldn't make the game so we tried to do the best we could with the small crowd we had.

We started the game strong. We had a good dynamic of chant leaders in the front and loud followers behind them. Then to everyone's surprise in the middle of the second quarter six belligerent guys come and insist that our chant leaders in the front row move out of their way. We tried to talk nice to them but they were trying to pick fights with our guys so they moved up. That changed everything.

In the second half all the diehard's moved to the top of Area 55 and were again a cohesive unit. The sad thing is when the Pacers were going on their epic third quarter run by making 20 field goals in a row. Those same six guys left! I couldn't believe it. They insist on sitting in front of us and when we move they get disinterested and leave.

I can't wait to see what changes PS&E make. I say they need to move those six belligerent guys. In this case less is more.

Area 55 where six belligerent guys can screw up the fun for the whole group. Go Pacers!
Agreed. I couldn't believe those guys left halfway through the game (after showing up late in the first place) after pulling that crap. They have every right to sit in whatever seats they paid for, but obviously PS&E needs to make a change so that they aren't literally the front row and like Markus said, the face of Area 55.

That really took the wind out of us for about half of a quarter. Luckily, we regrouped outside during halftime and brought it the rest of the game.

Trophy
11-10-2010, 10:26 PM
You were at the Charlotte game this year? Me too. Once I get them from my friend, I plan on posting some pics from the action (although its in the past). Didn't think anyone else from PD would be there.

I didn't see too many Pacer fans at the game, but there were actually quite a lot of PD members there.

I didn't know there's a lot of Carolinians on PD.

I had a good time. I made some enemies. Actually I was the enemy, I didn't care too much to go back at their pathetic team. :laugh:

Trophy
11-10-2010, 10:30 PM
We actually do chant Josh Mc-Ro-berts whenever Josh does something good. Danny's been problematic. We were doing Dan-nee, Dan-nee at the Denver game. We really need something better but he doesn't seem to have a nickname or anything we can latch onto. We're always open to suggestions.

DG33! DG33!

An idea for a fathead is to make one of Danny with a Batman mask on.

http://weeklyworldnews.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/danny_grangers_batcave.jpg?w=375&h=200

He's gonna need a Robin. I think eventually, it'll be Paul George.

Deadshot
11-10-2010, 10:47 PM
I didn't see too many Pacer fans at the game, but there were actually quite a lot of PD members there.

I didn't know there's a lot of Carolinians on PD.

I had a good time. I made some enemies. Actually I was the enemy, I didn't care too much to go back at their pathetic team. :laugh:

Right now I still live in Florida but I will be moving to Charlotte after Christmas. I only saw two other Pacers fans near me - one a section below in a Smits jersey and one about 5 rows above me in a Reggie jersey and Pacers Christmas hat. I usually see the Pacers in Orlando at least once a year so I've been used to "being the enemy" at other stadiums for awhile now. It can be a lot of fun if both sides take it in jest.

kielbeze
11-10-2010, 11:01 PM
One of the saddest Area 55 moments came in the second quarter of the Denver game. Not because of how our team was playing and not because of opposing fans but because of "row 5" in section 101.

The first three rows in section 101 are separated by a glass barrier. The forth row is where Area 55 should start but doesn't because of PS&E decision to sell the tickets to anyone who's willing to pay less than half price for their tickets. These people are the false face of Area 55 and give us diehard's a bad name. Especially when they don't wear Pacer gear.

At the beginning of the Nugget game our chant leaders moved down to row 5 with other diehards. The row was empty so it only made sense. The rest of us filled in the rows behind them. It was a school night so many 55ers couldn't make the game so we tried to do the best we could with the small crowd we had.

We started the game strong. We had a good dynamic of chant leaders in the front and loud followers behind them. Then to everyone's surprise in the middle of the second quarter six belligerent guys come and insist that our chant leaders in the front row move out of their way. We tried to talk nice to them but they were trying to pick fights with our guys so they moved up. That changed everything.

In the second half all the diehard's moved to the top of Area 55 and were again a cohesive unit. The sad thing is when the Pacers were going on their epic third quarter run by making 20 field goals in a row. Those same six guys left! I couldn't believe it. They insist on sitting in front of us and when we move they get disinterested and leave.

I can't wait to see what changes PS&E make. I say they need to move those six belligerent guys. In this case less is more.

Area 55 where six belligerent guys can screw up the fun for the whole group. Go Pacers!
I agree these guys suck
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs992.snc4/76580_174124905937333_100000194755448_622411_37554 8_n.jpg

kielbeze
11-10-2010, 11:08 PM
DG33! DG33!

http://weeklyworldnews.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/danny_grangers_batcave.jpg?w=375&h=200

I said it would be funny to get everyone a kazoo and we could all do the old batman song na na na na na na na na na na bat man!

I Love P
11-10-2010, 11:43 PM
I agree these guys suck
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs992.snc4/76580_174124905937333_100000194755448_622411_37554 8_n.jpg

Who are those guys? Do they have season tickets in A55?

pacer4ever
11-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Who are those guys? Do they have season tickets in A55?

they had season tickets there b4 area 55. The pacers gave them an option to move but they didnt want to.

I Love P
11-10-2010, 11:49 PM
they had season tickets there b4 area 55. The pacers gave them an option to move but they didnt want to.

What the :censored:.

brkyrd
11-11-2010, 12:04 AM
I think we should give row 5 a chance to make up, come to the PTO, or join the chants, or at least wear pacer gear. If not..then we grill them. How about a "BEAT FEET" chant for Yao at the line??

chuckleslove
11-11-2010, 12:13 AM
One bit of advice on the call and answer chants where you have them listed as leader and answer.

You will NEED more than one leader to do that, otherwise the rest of the crowd only hears the answer.

We do the standard "Aussie Aussie Aussie... OI OI OI!" anytime Bogut scores and we have about 10 people who do the Aussie part and the rest of the Squad doing the OI OI OI.

So just wanted to give you that tip.

brkyrd
11-11-2010, 12:28 AM
They only tailgate in their own parking spaces! These guys attitudes are terrible. They were offered free T-shirts and refused. These guys are unwilling to do what's best for the group. They will most likely start a fight soon. I say grill them!

Well, we gotta call them out when they break area 55 rules. Lets have Ben stand next to them and see if his intensity rubs off on them..haha. If they have a were too good for u thing goin on than they CERTAINLY are not Area 55 calibur

tysmitty21
11-11-2010, 02:47 AM
I don't think it will do us any good to argue with them. They made it clear they won't move. We can try to bunch up to make noise in other rows if we have to.

Let's try and keep some positive vibes going for our area. Roy deserves it.

Hoping for another win Friday to get us back over .500! Go pacers.

spazzxb
11-11-2010, 04:09 AM

I am sure most players prefer distractions when the opposing team is on offense as apposed to the ball being in there hands. Also , even though I am in no way involved, if the other players want to get a message or request to the members of area 55 I am quite certain they would be happy to take them into serious consideration..

originally Posted by mekoxavier1
Maybe you guys could do the Batman TV Theme song for him.

Actually that would be pretty sweet if people did the nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nanana after danny drained a three.
Once in the middle of an argument I stated it was far more important to know what Roy would like with an afro than whatever sky is falling topic others were discussing. Some nice person then drew a fro on Hibbert's picture. a few minutes of sloppy photoshop later peacekeeper(hippie) Hibbert was born. Roy just has an old school vibe to him.

Mr_Smith
11-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Are you area 55ers gonna take your show on the road like squad 6 ?

IndyHoya
11-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Well, we gotta call them out when they break area 55 rules. Lets have Ben stand next to them and see if his intensity rubs off on them..haha. If they have a were too good for u thing goin on than they CERTAINLY are not Area 55 calibur

Wow! Brickyard! Put Ben next to em, eh? You're for going nuclear on em!

IndyHoya
11-11-2010, 10:14 AM
I think we should give row 5 a chance to make up, come to the PTO, or join the chants, or at least wear pacer gear. If not..then we grill them. How about a "BEAT FEET" chant for Yao at the line??

I think Yao's injured again and won't play Friday. I was thinking about going Mandarin Chinese on him with a big Nee Hao Yao! cheer (Chinese for "Hello, Yao!") when he steps to the line. Or I can look up the Mandarin for "Your Sister's a Slut" on Babelfish. But that might be breaking the A55 rules. (Just Kidding)

Chinese words are mostly one syllable and readily lend themselves to free-throw chants. :-)

IndyHoya
11-11-2010, 10:18 AM
I said it would be funny to get everyone a kazoo and we could all do the old batman song na na na na na na na na na na bat man!

I like Batman and the kazoos! Don't know if the Pacers Suits will let us do kazoos tho.

IndyHoya
11-11-2010, 10:22 AM
DG33! DG33!

Wow! Lower left is my Bat Boy Avatar from Twitter (EptesicusFuscus)! (Mouth open to cheer and snatch passing insects!)

IndyHoya
11-11-2010, 10:43 AM
BTW, I'm putting together an Area 55 Contact List so that members can communicate better with one another. Anyone that wants on it can send me a private message with their info. I'm listing the following:

1. Name

2. Email

3. Nicknames on PD, Twitter, & Facebook

4. Phone

5. Mailing Address

None of the above is mandatory. Give me all or any as you prefer as I dig privacy concerns.

When the Contact List is finished I'll distribute it by email and with copies I'll bring to some games.

Hopefully, it'll serve to get us better prepared and avoid the "communication by rumor" that has plagued us in the past.

BillS
11-11-2010, 10:57 AM
I'd suggest cutting about 60% of those chants and keeping it very simple until everyone has the basics down. Part of the problem getting organized is that there are too many chants. Three on offense, three on defense might make it easier to call a number and get everyone started FAST, which I think is the key.

As everyone masters the simple stuff you can start adding chants. Until then, make it easy for people to succeed.

And, guys, if A55 becomes all about fighting for territory against other Pacer fans, it has failed.

Abmowrey_PS&E
11-11-2010, 02:49 PM

Not true.

Abmowrey_PS&E
11-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Hey guys,

We are talking to the guys in row 5 from Friday to get everything figured out. There are no season ticket holders from last year in Sections 101 or 102. We relocated everyone out of 101 and 102 this summer.

pacer4ever
11-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Not true.

thats what they told us.

pacer4ever
11-11-2010, 02:55 PM

i want to we will have to wait and see.

Abmowrey_PS&E
11-11-2010, 03:00 PM
We are making a few changes in Area 55 starting tomorrow.

1. We are going to have a dedicated person from the Loud Crowd crew assigned to Area 55 each game. That person will be the "Section Leader" and will help prompt Area 55 chants by holding up cheer cards. We will keep them simple at first (i.e "Let's Go Pacers", "Defense" etc.) and gradually add more Chants. This will help get everyone on the same page.

2. Each Friday home game everyone in Area 55 will be asked to wear their Area 55 T-shirt that was given to them at the start of the season.

3. We are looking at possible seat relocations that we need to make in order to make Area 55 an enjoyable experience for everyone.

These are just a few, there are more in the works.

Always looking to improve. Keep the sugestions coming.

chuckleslove
11-11-2010, 03:12 PM
i want to we will have to wait and see.

I really hope if you do its to Milwaukee ;)

EDIT: and in case you do and need to know where we sit, the back half of section 212 is our location.

IndyHoya
11-11-2010, 03:18 PM
We are making a few changes in Area 55 starting tomorrow.

1. We are going to have a dedicated person from the Loud Crowd crew assigned to Area 55 each game. That person will be the "Section Leader" and will help prompt Area 55 chants by holding up cheer cards. We will keep them simple at first (i.e "Let's Go Pacers", "Defense" etc.) and gradually add more Chants. This will help get everyone on the same page.

2. Each Friday home game everyone in Area 55 will be asked to wear their Area 55 T-shirt that was given to them at the start of the season.

3. We are looking at possible seat relocations that we need to make in order to make Area 55 an enjoyable experience for everyone.

These are just a few, there are more in the works.

Always looking to improve. Keep the sugestions coming.

1. Well, insofar as having the Loud Crowd being the designated leader, I'm kind of opposed. It sort of makes A55 too management controlled and less fan-based and spontaneous to my way of thinking. Are we so lame that we have to have a management cheerleader telling us what and when to yell? Hey, just my opinion.

2. Lots of the people in A55 didn't get T-shirts. Mine didn't fit very well and I gave it away to pacer4ever last game. Some A55 people didn't make the Jillians meeting when the Ts were handed out. Other people bought into A55 later and they didn't get Ts for that reason. What I'm saying, I guess, is that you may need more T-shirts. Lots of people wear their own Pacers gear instead of the T-shirts, which is another issue. I'm not trying to be uncooperative here, Alan, just telling you how things are vis-a-vis the T-shirts. I could care less what I wear. Tshirt, Pacers gear, whatever.

3. Seat reallocations are probably a good idea. Some of the smaller and infirm in A55 have trouble seeing and standing. If you can do anything to accomodate them and still keep us functional, I'm all for it. There's also the types that come into the Sections that don't wear any gear; don't cheer; come late and leave early; and generally interfere with what A55 is trying to do. Obviously, dealing with the latter is a priority. I'm sure you'll get total cooperation from us in getting these problems straightened out.

pacer4ever
11-11-2010, 03:25 PM
I really hope if you do its to Milwaukee ;)

EDIT: and in case you do and need to know where we sit, the back half of section 212 is our location.

ya hope to thanks. Do u guys have people who work for the bucks help with cheers?? I saw a video on youtube and u had a guy who made sure everyone did there job.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Ur-Llqmurg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Ur-Llqmurg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2:32 Zach Grimm does he direct some cheers?? what does he do ?

RWB
11-11-2010, 03:49 PM

The old timers will remember this. The Pacers use to sponsor away trips many moons ago when the Ps flew comercial flights. I remember San Antonio and Atlanta as two. Gnome and Duke made the journey to OKC (last year?) and had a great experience. I suspect if A55 gets something going there could be interest outside with possibly members of PD having an interest.

chuckleslove
11-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Zak Grim worked for the Bucks for about 5 years as a member of "Hoop Troop" probably very similar to what I've seen called the "Loud Crowd" here for the Pacers. Last year he was put in charge of keeping Squad 6 organized. Last year he had a snare drum to keep us together but this year we can't have that(Bradley Center rule not an NBA/Bucks rule from what I understand).

He is a Bucks employee and his main job is to make sure we don't cross any lines with our chants(Chanting "John the Gardner" for Tony Parker is okay chanting "Your wife is a whore" is not :P) and if we don't have chants going he makes sure we keep them going as well by starting them off.

At this point a lot of what we do is self fueled but he definitely helped a ton in the first year and he still does at this point too.

So yes, we do have a Bucks employee in our section to make sure things run smoothly, don't cross any lines and keep doing our thing. Most of the time we are good on doing our thing but he definitely plays his part too and when things are running smoothly he just cheers along with the rest of us.

chuckleslove
11-11-2010, 04:02 PM
The old timers will remember this. The Pacers use to sponsor away trips many moons ago when the Ps flew comercial flights. I remember San Antonio and Atlanta as two. Gnome and Duke made the journey to OKC (last year?) and had a great experience. I suspect if A55 gets something going there could be interest outside with possibly members of PD having an interest.

I would imagine if they did a trip it could end up a lot like our trip to Indiana. We had 22 members of Squad6 and 19 non Squad 6 members who made the trip. We knew that we would have to reach outside of Squad 6 since it was self funded and not everyone could get off of work, or the college kids might not be able to afford it or whatever the case may be.

Abmowrey_PS&E
11-11-2010, 04:03 PM
1. Well, insofar as having the Loud Crowd being the designated leader, I'm kind of opposed. It sort of makes A55 too management controlled and less fan-based and spontaneous to my way of thinking. Are we so lame that we have to have a management cheerleader telling us what and when to yell? Hey, just my opinion.

2. Lots of the people in A55 didn't get T-shirts. Mine didn't fit very well and I gave it away to pacer4ever last game. Some A55 people didn't make the Jillians meeting when the Ts were handed out. Other people bought into A55 later and they didn't get Ts for that reason. What I'm saying, I guess, is that you may need more T-shirts. Lots of people wear their own Pacers gear instead of the T-shirts, which is another issue. I'm not trying to be uncooperative here, Alan, just telling you how things are vis-a-vis the T-shirts. I could care less what I wear. Tshirt, Pacers gear, whatever.

3. Seat reallocations are probably a good idea. Some of the smaller and infirm in A55 have trouble seeing and standing. If you can do anything to accomodate them and still keep us functional, I'm all for it. There's also the types that come into the Sections that don't wear any gear; don't cheer; come late and leave early; and generally interfere with what A55 is trying to do. Obviously, dealing with the latter is a priority. I'm sure you'll get total cooperation from us in getting these problems straightened out.

1. You guys are free (and encouraged) to still come up with cheers on your own. At the least this will integrated sections 101 and 102 and make sure we have at least a handful of cheers where everyone know whatís going on. The section leader will not prompt each and every cheer.

2. Troy and Brian will be sending out an email. Contact them if you didnít get an Area 55 T-shirt. We are only asking Area 55 to wear them on Friday. Other games you are free to wear what you want.

redfoster
11-11-2010, 04:03 PM

Agreed on all points. Not thrilled about being told what to cheer by the Loud Crew or whatever. I like the spontaneous of what we have been bringing. Having a guy with a drum would be good, though.

EDIT: Just saw Mowrey's reply after I posted. Good call, guys. I'm down with a guy who leads just some of the chants.

brkyrd
11-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Wow! Brickyard! Put Ben next to em, eh? You're for going nuclear on em!

Nukes are the only way to get your point across!

datguy
11-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Love Area 55, brings a college like atmosphere to the arena and love even more the dedication...why not dumb it down and treat it like football...yell when the other team is on offense and quiet when the Pacers are offense. Do this majority of the time and break out a cheer every now and then...#justmythoughts

tysmitty21
11-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Sorry if you disagree: but I believe another "rule" of area 55 should be: no negative tweets. We don't want others thinking it's not a good section. Again, Roy deserves the best.

If you don't agree with who Roy selected, it doesn't matter. It wasn't up to you.

And honestly, I think some area 55 members need to be a little more grateful for their free season tickets in a good spot.

With all that said, though, I do feel some area 55 members can give more. I saw some of you going crazy at the auditions, and not going crazy at the games. Roy wants the whole section to be crazy.

It will get better as the season goes. But let's keep things positive and improving every game.. just like the team hopefully does.

Go Pacers!!!!

IndyHoya
11-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Agreed on all points. Not thrilled about being told what to cheer by the Loud Crew or whatever. I like the spontaneous of what we have been bringing. Having a guy with a drum would be good, though.

EDIT: Just saw Mowrey's reply after I posted. Good call, guys. I'm down with a guy who leads just some of the chants.

What is the story on a drum? Is it allowed or not? I thought Squad 6 had one. If they do, why not us? I think it would be good too. Boomer had one for Milwaukee when he was leading our cheers, if I remember rightly.

chuckleslove
11-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Squad 6 does not have a drum, we had one last season but we aren't allowed to have one this season. That is not an NBA rule though as far as I know, it is a rule of our stadium(The Bradley Center is not owned by the Bucks and they set their own rules).

As for having an employee there, you guys might not like it but trust me, we are grateful to have Zak helping our section, he is far more of a help than he is a hindrance.

IndyHoya
11-11-2010, 07:51 PM
My feelings exactly. I think he will bring a much needed standard, and lets be honest. For whatever reason other fans listen to the "loud crowd". So when we are screaming our lungs out at the sections around us with no result, maybe the "loud crowd" can change that.

Its gonna be a great time tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong. I'm for anything that makes us good. Let's give it a shot and see. Might be a good thing.

I maintain, though, that there are some creative types in A55 and I'd hate to see effort, creativity, spontaneity, and general enthusiasm stifled. I also like some of our amateurishness. It goes with the general territory of what I thought A55 was supposed to be -- something fan-based and independently inspired. I don't want us to just be an annex to the Jumbotron. Also, Will Prim, Pacero, and Kielbeze have been great as leaders in my book. You too Greenway. I personally don't want to see all of them -- or you -- permanently retired as leaders, is all. As long as that doesn't happen, and we are still more than a bunch of dum-dums doing the same old thing for entertainment at Conseco, I'm happy.

ColeTheMole
11-11-2010, 10:02 PM
My girlfriend and I are painting faces for tommorows game. Anyone else up for making friday games area 55 shirts AND painted faces games?

IndyHoya
11-11-2010, 10:16 PM
My girlfriend and I are painting faces for tommorows game. Anyone else up for making friday games area 55 shirts AND painted faces games?

Might be cool to try. It's a little late now tho. Maybe the next Friday game?

pacer4ever
11-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm for anything that makes us good. Let's give it a shot and see. Might be a good thing.

I maintain, though, that there are some creative types in A55 and I'd hate to see effort, creativity, spontaneity, and general enthusiasm stifled. I also like some of our amateurishness. It goes with the general territory of what I thought A55 was supposed to be -- something fan-based and independently inspired. I don't want us to just be an annex to the Jumbotron. Also, Will Prim, Pacero, and Kielbeze have been great as leaders in my book. You too Greenway. I personally don't want to see all of them -- or you -- permanently retired as leaders, is all. As long as that doesn't happen, and we are still more than a bunch of dum-dums doing the same old thing for entertainment at Conseco, I'm happy.

I just listen to squad 6's radio show and they say what we need is a director like they have in zak. They said that helps a lot he works for the bucks and his sole job is to help squad 6. There radio show was pretty fun to listen 2

Day-V
11-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I know someone mentioned this in another thread, but I really like the idea of you guys chanting "Yeeeeeeeeeeeah Roooooooooooooy!" a la Flavor Flav whenever Roy makes a bucket. Maybe keep the HibHib, Ha-ROY for FG's and "Yeeeeah Rooooy!" for FT's? I dunno. Just a suggestion :)

redfoster
11-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I know someone mentioned this in another thread, but I really like the idea of you guys chanting "Yeeeeeeeeeeeah Roooooooooooooy!" a la Flavor Flav whenever Roy makes a bucket. Maybe keep the HibHib, Ha-ROY for FG's and "Yeeeeah Rooooy!" for FT's? I dunno. Just a suggestion :)
Yep, we started this one last game. I think it is great, too. We will try and get more guys to do this one tomorrow night.

El Pacero
11-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I wasn't thrilled when I first read about the "Section Leader" but it won't be a big deal. That guy won't be able to keep up with all the chanting we do and we'll have control of the chants. He might be kinda mean or forceful to 55ers NOT cheering, and that is exactly what we need. Anything to wake everyone up and remind them why we're here is what I'm talking about.

Big picture, these kind of changes show the Pacers are really listening to us and want this to succeed.

kielbeze
11-11-2010, 11:33 PM

Yeah i liked that one i had your back made sure it was known!

kielbeze
11-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Alright Area55 lets get those Area55 T-Shirts on, and get behind our "Loud Crowd" director.

The entire PS&E staff have been great. Including working or seating (big thanks).

I know a lot of you dont exactly like the idea of a "director", but he's just there to help organize and bring the noise.

So lets pack it in tight tomorrow night and bring the noise together. Please anyone Area55 or not come out to tailgate before the game. It's always a good time.

Passion! Pride! Pacers!
Yeah and if everyone else is down I am thinking about bringing the cam to the PTO meeting and cutting a promo for the team. Something to send to them all The next day for the road trip to get them hype. Any thoughts?

IndyHoya
11-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah and if everyone else is down I am thinking about bringing the cam to the PTO meeting and cutting a promo for the team. Something to send to them all The next day for the road trip to get them hype. Any thoughts?

Shall we grab Casey's Pacers flag and do a PTO reprise of the Marines planting it on top of Mount Surabachi at the Battle of Iwo Jima like we were talking about?

kielbeze
11-11-2010, 11:51 PM
I hope our section leader is good and I hope he has a good version of row 5 sucks lined up for us.

Day-V
11-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Yeah i liked that one i had your back made sure it was known!

Lol, it wasn't my idea. But yeah, I totally like that chant. Glad to hear it was used the other night.

It looks like I will be joining you fine folks tomorrow evening in Area 55. I'm excited. Hope it's alright, but my father and I don't have those fancy Area 55 shirts, so we're wearing our old school FloJos instead, lol.

kielbeze
11-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Lol, it wasn't my idea. But yeah, I totally like that chant. Glad to hear it was used the other night.

It looks like I will be joining you fine folks tomorrow evening in Area 55. I'm excited. Hope it's alright, but my father and I don't have those fancy Area 55 shirts, so we're wearing our old school FloJos instead, lol.
Rob will hook you up just ask and ye shall receive

kielbeze
11-12-2010, 12:41 AM
If I ask rob for a conference finals appearence, will I receive one?
I don't know but dammit its worth a shot. He could at least get you a mike wells autograph.

tysmitty21
11-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Area 55ers.... I just read that Kevin Love is on the trade block. Can you say, perfect fit for our team?? He's averaging 16 pts and 13 boards.. can shoot the 3 as a 4 man, and is 22 years old.

Maybe we should chant "We want Kevin Love" every night. Bird is right below us, so you know he will hear it!

RobfromPacers
11-12-2010, 09:59 AM
If I ask rob for a conference finals appearence, will I receive one?

You'll never know until you ask.

BillS
11-12-2010, 10:07 AM
1) Creativity is good, harness it for the best of the area. Simple is best to get started, creative doesn't help if no one can follow or if it takes too long to get started. Have some patience, you guys came into this running and need time to gel.

2) I'd suggest to save HIB.. HIB... for the FTs and just yell ROYYYYY for a FG, otherwise the HOB... HIB... isn't finished by the time the opposing team is into their offense and we lose chances to hit DE_FENSE hard. STARTING a chant quickly and loudly is important to be able to get the rest of the crowd time to hear it and join in.

RWB
11-12-2010, 10:25 AM
And sometimes a simple BOOOO goes a long way. :D

Abmowrey_PS&E
11-12-2010, 10:44 AM
We talked to Roy HIbbert yesterday and he is requesting Area 55 to do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHP8JYy0XmU at certain times in the games. Letís try it tonight.

Before tip and every time we are defense in the 1st quarter. Spread the word.

Also, I have read a bunch of not so positive comments about the section leader. All I am asking is that we give him/her a chance to succeed. I still want you guys coming up with chants on your own as you se fit.

tfarks
11-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm trying to get in contact with Brian today to buy my area 55 season tickets in section 101. Hope things work out.

tysmitty21
11-12-2010, 01:22 PM
No thanks. Maybe Im in the minority but Area55 is there to support our team. Asking for a trade implys we are not happy with our roster.

I was actually kidding. If I was at a college game, I might chant how I want us to land a recruit. But at an NBA game, I wouldn't chant about wanting another player.

I do, however, think Kevin Love would be a perfect fit for the Pacers. Bring us some Love Larry!

croz24
11-12-2010, 02:30 PM
i'll be filling in for zepzach tonight at the game. is it general admission seating like many of you were suggesting, or should i stick with the seat number on the ticket tonight?

pacer4ever
11-12-2010, 02:37 PM
i'll be filling in for zepzach tonight at the game. is it general admission seating like many of you were suggesting, or should i stick with the seat number on the ticket tonight?

we sit GA but some people dont we sat at the top of section 101 last game.

IndyHoya
11-12-2010, 03:25 PM
we sit GA but some people dont we sat at the top of section 101 last game.

Just a suggestion. Find your seat and then play everything by ear. PS&E was talking about tweaking the Area 55 seating and that might be happening. There's still a looming issue with the infamous Row 5 and whether they'll be demanding their designated seating or not. Also, we usually adjust to form a more compact body and exchange seating to get it done. Some people come with tickets, see their seats are occupied by others, and adjust by moving to open seats further back. Others do the same thing and demand their assigned seats and, usually, these seats are surrendered --but not without harsh words or borderline fisticuffs. It's a zoo. It's crazy. It's Area 55! Join the chaos! It's kinda fun, actually.

Glad to have you on board!

brkyrd
11-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Shall we grab Casey's Pacers flag and do a PTO reprise of the Marines planting it on top of Mount Surabachi at the Battle of Iwo Jima like we were talking about?

Casey is bringing his flag, so anyboy that can bring a picture of this, that would be awesome!

tfarks
11-12-2010, 04:03 PM
I just got off the phone with Brian. Tonight is my first night with you guys I'll see ya later. No one will know me but thats okay

pacer4ever
11-12-2010, 04:42 PM
I just got off the phone with Brian. Tonight is my first night with you guys I'll see ya later. No one will know me but thats okay

come and say hi glad to have u

redfoster
11-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Yeah man, and come by PTO (Pacers Tailgate). We are in the Anthem parking lot and you can meet a lot of us before the game.

Here is some info on where the tailgate is: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=147144471990

tfarks
11-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I'll definitely say hi. Gotta meet as many of you guys as I can. I'll definitely try and get to that tailgate

Abmowrey_PS&E
11-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Just a suggestion. Find your seat and then play everything by ear. PS&E was talking about tweaking the Area 55 seating and that might be happening. There's still a looming issue with the infamous Row 5 and whether they'll be demanding their designated seating or not. Glad to have you on board!

It will take a few games to get all the seating figured out. Mainly because everyone got the first 10 games mailed to them. After Saturday's game we will be able to make adjustments. Everyone play it by ear tonight.

We are all one big family!

croz24
11-12-2010, 06:13 PM
wheres this parking lot and what time?

Pacerfan
11-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Just wanted to say I can definitely heard Area 55.....the noise they're making while Rockets have the ball is loud.

tfarks
11-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Great time. Sucks for the loss and the terrible last shot, but I'll definitely be at the tailgate on Tuesday. My voice is down to about 50% right now.

Day-V
11-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Great time. Sucks for the loss and the terrible last shot, but I'll definitely be at the tailgate on Tuesday. My voice is down to about 50% right now.

I believe I sat next to you tonight sir. Pleasure meeting you, and agreed; great time, just ended terribly.

I thought Area 55 was rocking tonight. I had a blast and was very thankful to be given the opportunity to sit with you folks tonight.

croz24
11-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks, I was not happy to have to sit in 102. Sucked so hard. Plus some dude ruined my area55 tshirt by spilling his nachos all over me. That's what I get for yelling at people who sit quietly and nibble on nachos.

that jackass should have bought us nachos for that crap.

Abmowrey_PS&E
11-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Area 55 sounded great tonight. Got a handful of complement from people in the lower level. Also, everyone in their yellow shirts looked great.

Loved the Scola Chant.

tysmitty21
11-13-2010, 02:17 AM
It will take a few games to get all the seating figured out. Mainly because everyone got the first 10 games mailed to them. After Saturday's game we will be able to make adjustments. Everyone play it by ear tonight.

When do the next batch of tickets get sent out? And do you know how seating will change? I'd like to stay in my spot with Ben and the Secretary.. but I'd love for all the loud members to be bunched together.

tysmitty21
11-13-2010, 02:18 AM
Area 55 rocked it tonight.. tough loss though. We've got 3 big ones again next week. The schedule is about to get tougher.. they're gonna need our support even more! Gotta at least stay close to .500 and hope for a hot streak at some point this year to push us into the playoffs!

Pacers13Colts12
11-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Been to the Rockets game, Nuggets game, and Philly game. 2nd half you guys really need to be alot louder. It just seems like after half time it is silence, when 2nd half is when the Pacers need you most. Also, was the section low in attendance last night?

ColeTheMole
11-13-2010, 11:25 AM
When I was in my 102 seats when i first got there before the game started, my girlfriend and I were standing. I heard from a middle aged man and woman dressed in no pacers attire behind me, "Well this will be stupid if they stand the whole game. I'd actually like to watch the game." THAT is the problem with area55. We need to seperate people like that as far away from area55 as possible.

IndyHoya
11-13-2010, 12:06 PM

Hey, now I see the reasoning for sending out the Area 55 tix one month at a time! Good move, PS&E. Maybe the future bodes better insofar as the seating goes.

And Alan, you're right, we ARE family. Good luck on adjusting the seating. I know it'll be tough to do in a fashion that maximizes noise and still keeps people happy.

Query: Are you guys open to suggestions on seating from us?

IndyHoya
11-13-2010, 12:08 PM
When I was in my 102 seats when i first got there before the game started, my girlfriend and I were standing. I heard from a middle aged man and woman dressed in no pacers attire behind me, "Well this will be stupid if they stand the whole game. I'd actually like to watch the game." THAT is the problem with area55. We need to seperate people like that as far away from area55 as possible.

Cole:

You and your girlfriend really brought it last night. Hope you choose to stay in 101. You and she were definitely assets to the noise. Nice meeting you too.

Eddie Gill
11-13-2010, 12:47 PM
The constant "oooohhh" while the other team has the ball is great - definitely comes across on TV. I know you guys took some heat after Denver, but that was a great effort last night!

BillS
11-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Last night A55 brought it. I'd like to hear more "let's go Pacers" type stuff when we have the ball, but that's nothing compared to the improvement in noise and organization when we were on defense. Good job, all!

croz24
11-13-2010, 05:07 PM
i think it's best to just stick with a simple "de-fense" or "ohhhhh" or counting down when we're on defense. i think you guys try to make the chants almost too unique and original. whereas if kept simple, the entire arena can get into it as well. save the unique stuff for free throws. half the time last night by the time everyone in area55 knew what chant was going on, the pacers already had the ball back. again, stick with "ohhhh" "de-fense" or when the shot clock hits 10 "6-5-4...1". simple is better.

IndyHoya
11-13-2010, 05:26 PM
i think it's best to just stick with a simple "de-fense" or "ohhhhh" or counting down when we're on defense. i think you guys try to make the chants almost too unique and original. whereas if kept simple, the entire arena can get into it as well. save the unique stuff for free throws. half the time last night by the time everyone in area55 knew what chant was going on, the pacers already had the ball back. again, stick with "ohhhh" "de-fense" or when the shot clock hits 10 "6-5-4...1". simple is better.

Awfully boring.

croz24
11-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Awfully boring.

isn't the idea to improve the atmosphere in conseco? you think random chants that take 3 qtrs to finally understand is the best way to get the arena involved? squad 6 completely outperformed area55 and the vast majority of their chants/cheers were simply making loud noise. mixing up the cheers as often as what took place last night only leads to confusion and a lack of organization.

kielbeze
11-13-2010, 05:46 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KcNcsnBOkGM" frameborder="0"></iframe>
By the way I love redfoster in the end lol

kester99
11-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Outstanding.

indianapolismarkus
11-13-2010, 06:01 PM
If you want to get pumped up before the game. Watch the PTO video a few times!

IndyHoya
11-13-2010, 06:37 PM
isn't the idea to improve the atmosphere in conseco? you think random chants that take 3 qtrs to finally understand is the best way to get the arena involved? squad 6 completely outperformed area55 and the vast majority of their chants/cheers were simply making loud noise. mixing up the cheers as often as what took place last night only leads to confusion and a lack of organization.

I don't want to be like Squad 6

kielbeze
11-13-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't want to be like Squad 6 we are not doing anything different than they were really they were doing chants and it just sounded like ambient noise to most they were just very involved and loud.

tysmitty21
11-13-2010, 11:01 PM

I really don't understand this. We typically do 3 or 4 different chants when the Pacers have the ball: 1. Here we go Pacers. 2. Let's go Pacers. 3. Pa Pa Pa Pacers. All of these are very easy to understand and hear.

On defense, same type of stuff: 1. Defense Pacers defense. 2. De De De Defense. 3. Ohhhhh.

The only random chants are usually during free throws, directed at the individuals.

I'm honestly tired of being compared to squad 6. There's only about 30 members in Area 55 who actually yell. It's not easy for the whole stadium to hear us with that number, and in the 2nd level. Most of us are screaming our lungs out.

croz24
11-13-2010, 11:41 PM
I really don't understand this. We typically do 3 or 4 different chants when the Pacers have the ball: 1. Here we go Pacers. 2. Let's go Pacers. 3. Pa Pa Pa Pacers. All of these are very easy to understand and hear.

On defense, same type of stuff: 1. Defense Pacers defense. 2. De De De Defense. 3. Ohhhhh.

The only random chants are usually during free throws, directed at the individuals.

I'm honestly tired of being compared to squad 6. There's only about 30 members in Area 55 who actually yell. It's not easy for the whole stadium to hear us with that number, and in the 2nd level. Most of us are screaming our lungs out.

hey, if you guys think you're perfect then so beit. being someone who's experienced area 55 first hand, i'm just trying to offer suggestions. you guys attempted so many more chants than what you're leading on and it took a little time to register what was being chanted, and by that time, the chant was over. i think by keeping it simpler, all of conseco can get involved. which i believe is the whole purpose of area 55. i think by sticking with one offensive chant and one defensive chant by quarter would help out.

Day-V
11-13-2010, 11:50 PM
i think by keeping it simpler, all of conseco can get involved. which i believe is the whole purpose of area 55.

They can only do so much. The crowd has to WANT to get involved. I was in Area 55 last night and I noticed the rest of the stadium (at least on the lower level) were sitting on their asses, even after timeouts towards the end of quarters. Hell, the only time they stood up was to try and get Boomer to launch them a friggin t-shirt.

The chants are simple. It doesn't take a friggin brain surgeon to do them. Hell, If I can catch on, ANYONE can catch on.

tysmitty21
11-13-2010, 11:55 PM
hey, if you guys think you're perfect then so beit. being someone who's experienced area 55 first hand, i'm just trying to offer suggestions. you guys attempted so many more chants than what you're leading on and it took a little time to register what was being chanted, and by that time, the chant was over. i think by keeping it simpler, all of conseco can get involved. which i believe is the whole purpose of area 55. i think by sticking with one offensive chant and one defensive chant by quarter would help out.

I don't think we're perfect.. but there's only so much we can do. There are times when our entire section is chanting "on your feet, on your feet", and the people in the lower level just stare at us.

I also don't think we do too many chants. I mean we chant "here we go pacers here we go" like 50 times a game. I think I've been saying it in my sleep.

What would help is if all members of the section were chanting, instead of just 30 or so of us.

brkyrd
11-14-2010, 02:59 AM
Our franchise is turning around on the court, it needs to also in the people surrounding it. Wonder if the Triple L's or 'Lower Level Lameos', will catch on with our stuff. Mabye we need more creative, and spontanious chants like during free throws, for more visiting players. The play on the court all these Triple L's have been seeing in the past few years has somehow injected them with paralysis from the neck down while they are at the games, but it seems like theyre walking and moving just fine when they all leave early..weird. I love what were doing and I think were making a difference one game at a time, and thats how we should apporach it, one game at a time, from the seating arrangements, to the chants. We have a regular customer that comes in and he has season seats midway up in section 2 behind Larry, so I KNOW he can hear us..ill ask him some questions about us and how he and the fans around him are reacting to us next time he comes in. Let's keep up the great progess and great work.

kielbeze
11-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Our franchise is turning around on the court, it needs to also in the people surrounding it. Wonder if the Triple L's or 'Lower Level Lameos', will catch on with our stuff. Mabye we need more creative, and spontanious chants like during free throws, for more visiting players. The play on the court all these Triple L's have been seeing in the past few years has somehow injected them with paralysis from the neck down while they are at the games, but it seems like theyre walking and moving just fine when they all leave early..weird. I love what were doing and I think were making a difference one game at a time, and thats how we should apporach it, one game at a time, from the seating arrangements, to the chants. We have a regular customer that comes in and he has season seats midway up in section 2 behind Larry, so I KNOW he can hear us..ill ask him some questions about us and how he and the fans around him are reacting to us next time he comes in. Let's keep up the great progess and great work.

Let's suspend t shirts just out of their reach. And they'll be hopping the whole game.

IndyHoya
11-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Let's suspend t shirts just out of their reach. And they'll be hopping the whole game.

Yeah, throw the LLLs T-shirts and they're like zoo lizards in a feeding frenzy!

IndyHoya
11-14-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm still working on an Area 55 Contact List so that members can communicate better with one another. Anyone that wants on it can send me a private message with their info. I'm listing the following:

1. Name

2. Email

3. Nicknames on PD, Twitter, & Facebook

4. Phone

5. Mailing Address

None of the above is mandatory. Give me all or any as you prefer as I dig privacy concerns.

When the Contact List is finished I'll distribute it by email and with copies I'll bring to some games.

Hopefully, it'll serve to get us better prepared and avoid the "communication by rumor" that has plagued us in the past.

So far I have about 40 responses. If anyone from PD wants on let me know
Send me a private message here or email me a jmurphy@gslawindy.com

kielbeze
11-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah, throw the LLLs T-shirts and they're like zoo lizards in a feeding frenzy!
Speaking of t shirts if anyone in area 55 gets a t shirt I think we made a rule you throw it back. Just like a visiting team home run at Wrigley.

IndyHoya
11-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Speaking of t shirts if anyone in area 55 gets a t shirt I think we made a rule you throw it back. Just like a visiting team home run at Wrigley.

We'd be making a fashion statement.

pacer4ever
11-14-2010, 03:45 PM

Ive done that at wrigley. one of the best moments of my sports life.

But we should chant "throw it back" for awhile then throw it back. Draws more attention that way.

Abmowrey_PS&E
11-14-2010, 07:53 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KcNcsnBOkGM" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This is awesome.

El Pacero
11-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Got back from the fishin' trip & nice video idea keilbeze! I think it inspired us. So cool that brkyrd and indianapolismarcus tailgated last season by themselves and then got a good size group to join. Someone said it couldn't be done (Dukey.)

Good times showing Pacers Pride PTO style.

IndyHoya
11-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Got back from the fishin' trip & nice video idea keilbeze! I think it inspired us.

Didja bring back a mess-o-fish for our next PTO Meeting?

kielbeze
11-15-2010, 10:02 AM

We already know that answer. We heard the story on twitter Already. Old Herman.

kielbeze
11-15-2010, 10:09 AM
his line straightened out and he set the hook. He fought for 30 min and finally...
He'd landed "Old Herman" the largest mouthed largemouth in Lake Gitcheegoomee! Getting a monster fish like "Old Herman" into Pacero's Bass-Boat wasn't easy. So he put down his Cerveza and tightened up his yellow boots and hit old herman with his championship belt.
Pacero applied a full-nelson to the thrashing fish and figure-4ed it's man-killing tail....!In between gasps for air the mammoth fish suddenly began to talk! ....I'll grant you three .Yes...3 wishes...If you'll just throw me back... And Pacero just had one wish. He wished it was bigger.
http://www.fieldandstream.com/files/imagecache/channel-feature-tout/contest_entry/6488/bass2.jpg
Thanks to indyhoya lol

BillS
11-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Ive done that at wrigley. one of the best moments of my sports life.

But we should chant "throw it back" for awhile then throw it back. Draws more attention that way.

What is the purpose of this? To make some statement about T-Shirt giveaways?

It would seem better to me to toss it to a kid somewhere around who didn't get one.

pacer4ever
11-15-2010, 01:19 PM
What is the purpose of this? To make some statement about T-Shirt giveaways?

It would seem better to me to toss it to a kid somewhere around who didn't get one.

cause they are loud for a T shirt but cant stand up and make nosie duriing crunch time. Doesnt make sense to me.

datguy
11-15-2010, 02:22 PM
We all know that Lower Level folks are made up of mostly coporate suits and not the real fans. There are some true fans down there but most of them are there to be seen....the real fans are actually above you all in the upper level...keep doing what you all are doing and those that want to participate will and those that don't wont.

tysmitty21
11-15-2010, 02:55 PM
I might be in the minority on this.. but I say we stop the "we don't miss you" chants to former players. I don't believe Al Harrington ever did anything wrong in his time here. He was traded with Stephen Jackson. He played for us twice, and to my knowledge, was never in any of the off court trouble.

Then there was another chant for Brad Miller. Not sure why you wouldn't miss Brad Miller either. Played some great years here. Works hard. He's a Purdue guy. Has lived in Indiana most of his life. And he too, didn't leave via free agency.. he was traded in the pathetic Scot Pollard deal.

I could maybe understand doing the chant for a guy like Tinsley, or Stephen Jackson.. who DID get into trouble. But not for guys like Al and Brad.

And by the way... even though Jermaine got into some trouble here... he should NOT get boos or that chant when he visits Conseco. That guy was huge for us and the community for many, many years.

pacer4ever
11-15-2010, 02:58 PM
I might be in the minority on this.. but I say we stop the "we don't miss you" chants to former players. I don't believe Al Harrington ever did anything wrong in his time here. He was traded with Stephen Jackson. He played for us twice, and to my knowledge, was never in any of the off court trouble.

Then there was another chant for Brad Miller. Not sure why you wouldn't miss Brad Miller either. Played some great years here. Works hard. He's a Purdue guy. Has lived in Indiana most of his life. And he too, didn't leave via free agency.. he was traded in the pathetic Scot Pollard deal.

I could maybe understand doing the chant for a guy like Tinsley, or Stephen Jackson.. who DID get into trouble. But not for guys like Al and Brad.

And by the way... even though Jermaine got into some trouble here... he should NOT get boos or that chant when he visits Conseco. That guy was huge for us and the community for many, many years.

i do miss Brad and AL i dont like that chant much

duke dynamite
11-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Got back from the fishin' trip & nice video idea keilbeze! I think it inspired us. So cool that brkyrd and indianapolismarcus tailgated last season by themselves and then got a good size group to join. Someone said it couldn't be done (Dukey.)

I never said it couldn't be done. I just said that tailgating is for football games.

Day-V
11-15-2010, 04:09 PM
I never said it couldn't be done. I just said that tailgating is for football games.

And NASCAR :cool:

duke dynamite
11-15-2010, 04:13 PM
And NASCAR :cool:
Hell yes!

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/fail-owned-six-pack.jpg

redfoster
11-15-2010, 06:32 PM
PTO: If it is raining hard tomorrow at 5, where are we meeting? The Pub?

brkyrd
11-15-2010, 06:48 PM
PTO: If it is raining hard tomorrow at 5, where are we meeting? The Pub?

given that it doesnt rain for 2 straight hours, i have a conopy i will bring, anybody else that has one can bring it too. Some rain aint gonna stop the PTO!!

brkyrd
11-15-2010, 06:58 PM

correction wise Pacero, it was me and Casey (who has yet to post) who PTOd last season, we were the idiots last year in the cold! Its awesome to see my vision from last year become reality. We couldnt of done it without Roy, Area 55, PD, and most of all, all you hardcore pacer fans! Thank you!

Scot Pollard
11-15-2010, 10:37 PM
ill be in my big roy 55 jersey tomorrow night

i might cheer on with you guys although me and my girlfriend will be sitting in the lower section opposite area 55

Day-V
11-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what does PTO stand for?

kester99
11-15-2010, 10:46 PM
You didn't watch the video!

Pacers Tailgating Organization.

pacer4ever
11-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what does PTO stand for?

pacers tailgating orgnazation

Scot Pollard
11-15-2010, 10:47 PM
whats c-town

Scot Pollard
11-15-2010, 10:49 PM

you guys rock

go pacers and area 55

pacer4ever
11-15-2010, 10:49 PM
whats c-town

u played there scott cleve lol

Day-V
11-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Lol, I even watched the video and still didn't notice it.

I'm an idiot.

Scot Pollard
11-15-2010, 10:52 PM
u played there scott cleve lol

:laugh:

that brings back memories

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VgHVRMwGDck/Sm3JpYAdQKI/AAAAAAAADWA/QgxykqcfGA8/s400/scot-pollard.jpg

kielbeze
11-16-2010, 12:36 AM

Its not about any off the court issues its about getting in a guys head. Do you honestly think if i met brad miller i would say hi brad we don't miss you?
No I would talk about all of the good times I had watching him in blue and gold . Same with Baby Al. Its about having fun and getting in a guys head when he is shooting freethrows. yeah we could be like every other person and scream or we could chant something that makes him think. Its not like anyone here would honestly turn down having Baby Al back or Brad its all in fun.
I am sure Brad Miller didn't have to go to the shrink because we upset him.
Its all part of the game. Sure hope Reggie Doesn't visit PD he would be ashamed lol.

kielbeze
11-16-2010, 12:42 AM
Btw I think Saturday before the Orlando we will make our send off video for The Miami game so If anyone wants to come to the PTO on Saturday feel free.
Also If anyone has any good Ideas for the video E mail me austinsdaddykb@gmail.com We will try to keep It under wraps so everyone has something to look forward to. And any response I get We will talk about at the 2 games prior to saturday.

tysmitty21
11-16-2010, 02:32 AM
Its not about any off the court issues its about getting in a guys head. Do you honestly think if i met brad miller i would say hi brad we don't miss you?
No I would talk about all of the good times I had watching him in blue and gold . Same with Baby Al. Its about having fun and getting in a guys head when he is shooting freethrows. yeah we could be like every other person and scream or we could chant something that makes him think. Its not like anyone here would honestly turn down having Baby Al back or Brad its all in fun.
I am sure Brad Miller didn't have to go to the shrink because we upset him.
Its all part of the game. Sure hope Reggie Doesn't visit PD he would be ashamed lol.

I don't think they would view it as "fun" though. I'd be pretty ticked if I spent 6 or more years with a team, and was traded.. then I hear their fans saying they don't miss me. I'd prolly wanna stick it to them, which would be the opposite of what we're trying to do by getting in their heads to make them miss and play poorly.

And when JO makes an appearance with Boston on the 28th, I will be cheering for my 2nd favorite Pacer of all time. Well.. not "cheering" because I don't want them to beat us. But I definitely won't be booing him or saying I don't miss him.

kielbeze
11-16-2010, 09:10 AM
I don't think they would view it as "fun" though. I'd be pretty ticked if I spent 6 or more years with a team, and was traded.. then I hear their fans saying they don't miss me. I'd prolly wanna stick it to them, which would be the opposite of what we're trying to do by getting in their heads to make them miss and play poorly.

And when JO makes an appearance with Boston on the 28th, I will be cheering for my 2nd favorite Pacer of all time. Well.. not "cheering" because I don't want them to beat us. But I definitely won't be booing him or saying I don't miss him.

I will be letting out a massive boooooo.

BillS
11-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Brad ... wanted to leave.

Not true. Brad would have gotten a free agent offer the Pacers chose not to match and so they set up the sign-and-trade.

I'm not as hard on TPTB about this as some (hi, Peck!), but to lump Brad in with some others who demanded or otherwise forced trades is not fair to Brad.

P T O
11-16-2010, 01:21 PM
come on out tonight and join the PTO we will be there rain or shine.

Hicks
11-16-2010, 01:50 PM
The only player that we traded that hadn't worn out his welcome was Big Al. Brad, Peja, JO, Artest, JJ all wanted to leave.

Pretty sure Brad, Peja, and Jack all wanted to get paid, not to necessarily leave.

I Love P
11-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Off topic but Hicks, do you read every post in every thread?

Hicks
11-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Pretty much. Sometimes I skim.

tysmitty21
11-16-2010, 02:46 PM
The only player that we traded that hadn't worn out his welcome was Big Al. Brad, Peja, JO, Artest, JJ all wanted to leave. Jackson, Tinsley, Daniels all wore out their welcome. So the only person in recent years that has left and hadn't worn out his welcome would be Murphy. I'm not a big fan of the "we don't miss you" chant either, but if a girl breaks up with you. You say I don't miss you, not oh we had great times together.

Peja is a different story: he claimed he wanted to retire a Pacer, then bounced without even blinking. Jack got offered MUCH more money by leaving, and wasn't guaranteed much here in Indiana. I didn't blame him. Even so, he was only here for a year. Artest, of course we don't like him.. he ruined our entire franchise. But Al? Brad? Jermaine? No way should those guys get booed.

tysmitty21
11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
I will be letting out a massive boooooo.

So in your opinion, if a guy doesn't spend every year of his career with one team, he deserves to get booed? 8 years of 20 and 10 playing, while also serving the community for JO. He messed up by punching a fan at the palace. But still... why boo a guy who gave us that much for almost a decade?

IndyHoya
11-16-2010, 04:18 PM
So in your opinion, if a guy doesn't spend every year of his career with one team, he deserves to get booed? 8 years of 20 and 10 playing, while also serving the community for JO. He messed up by punching a fan at the palace. But still... why boo a guy who gave us that much for almost a decade?

He's to be commended for punching a guy in the Palace in my book. Yeah, yeah, I know...

BPump33
11-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Mark_J_Boyle

Mark the date. We'll be broadcasting the November 23rd game against Cleveland from Area 55. Should be fun.

ColeTheMole
11-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Hey I was standing behind you for a little bit until you moved greenway. I'm with you. Hoping for 101.

IndyHoya
11-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Mark_J_Boyle

Mark the date. We'll be broadcasting the November 23rd game against Cleveland from Area 55. Should be fun.

Nice meeting you and BigJon last nite at the PTO meeting. Good of you guys to come by, especially given the weather.

IndyHoya
11-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Mark_J_Boyle

I wonder how that's going to work?

BillS
11-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I wish you guys would all scoot to 102, then I could see you ;)

Anyway, last night was fun, the drum corps would try to listen for you guys and jump in if you started something, otherwise they would start it. Makes me wonder if having people from A55 on both sides of the arena with something to coordinate with one another wouldn't be a cool thing to try...

BPump33
11-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Nice meeting you and BigJon last nite at the PTO meeting. Good of you guys to come by, especially given the weather.

Hey, you too.

We were in 102 last night. It was a lot of fun, not counting the outcome.

tfarks
11-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Ahh I meant to see if anyone wanted an extra ticket on Thursday. I can't make the game and forgot until after I left the Fieldhouse.

IndyHoya
11-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I wish you guys would all scoot to 102, then I could see you ;)

Anyway, last night was fun, the drum corps would try to listen for you guys and jump in if you started something, otherwise they would start it. Makes me wonder if having people from A55 on both sides of the arena with something to coordinate with one another wouldn't be a cool thing to try...

Hey, That's not a bad idea at all...messaging with the drum corps to coordinate. I heard them spontaneously trying to help us out with the ROY! ROY ROY ROY! cheer. Maybe we could work some of that. Who runs the Pacers' Pep Band/Drum Corp thingie? How do we get in contact with him/her?

IndyHoya
11-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Peck: Just read your commentary on the Hawks game. Liked it. However, one point. Area55 wasn't chanting our usual game stuff during the Local Hero award. We were chanting FOR the kid (hero). His name was Spencer. We were asked to chant his name by Vikki Koontz, one of our A55ers. He's a young kid that is a member of her church that has been fighting a brain tumor. We may not have been too audible to be really clear, but that's what we were trying to do.

kielbeze
11-17-2010, 11:51 AM

No, in my opinion, when a good player turns into a bum because he's not happy and walks up and down the court every possession he deserves to get booed. And what did do for our community? Support single moms in the strip clubs?

pacer4ever
11-17-2010, 01:04 PM
i was wanting to take my daughter thursday

i have a ticket u can use greenway sum1 gave me an extra. I just dont know how i can get it to u. I have a pre-game thing with EJ at 5:30. any idea how ???

pacer4ever
11-17-2010, 01:05 PM
No, in my opinion, when a good player turns into a bum because he's not happy and walks up and down the court every possession he deserves to get booed. And what did do for our community? Support single moms in the strip clubs?

he strippers need support to lol

tfarks
11-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Well I have one available. Don't know how to get it to people either unless someone wanted me to meet me downtown tmw. But even then I'm not sure what my work schedule will be like exactly.

Oh well, thats why I meant to give it away at the game. Good news though is I will definitely be coming to my first PTO on Saturday. I've meant to reply on facebook but I can't do it on my phone and haven't been on at home at all lately.

Also, I'm chanting and yelling having a good time the whole game. My girlfriend was watching the game at steak n' shake and told me they put me on camera in the late 4th because I was just disgusted with the game and looking depressed by my lonesome. So I messed up there haha.

Peck
11-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Peck: Just read your commentary on the Hawks game. Liked it. However, one point. Area55 wasn't chanting our usual game stuff during the Local Hero award. We were chanting FOR the kid (hero). His name was Spencer. We were asked to chant his name by Vikki Koontz, one of our A55ers. He's a young kid that is a member of her church that has been fighting a brain tumor. We may not have been too audible to be really clear, but that's what we were trying to do.

Ok, cool. I know you guys haven't done that in the past I just thought maybe you were working on the cheers and didn't know what was going on.

My bad. I'll put something in my thread about it as well.

El Pacero
11-17-2010, 04:47 PM
You guys with extra tickets can leave them at Will Call under the person's name. They just need an ID to get it.

pacer4ever
11-17-2010, 05:09 PM
You guys with extra tickets can leave them at Will Call under the person's name. They just need an ID to get it.

cool i have an extra one for tomorrow thats still unclaimed. My friend cant make it he has a b ball game.

redfoster
11-17-2010, 05:51 PM
I was actually going to ask PTO if anyone had one because my girlfriend wants to come tomorrow night, so as long as Greenway gets hooked up with one first, I will take any others that are not being used.

Thanks in advance to whoever can help me out.

tysmitty21
11-17-2010, 06:04 PM

A little thing called the "Jermaine O'Neal foundation" that was geared strictly towards central Indiana to keep areas safe, and to improve the quality of life for children in Indianapolis.

He also did other charity and service projects downtown.. quite often.

But go ahead and boo the guy if you want. Un-classy if you ask me, but as a fan, you can do what you want.

pacer4ever
11-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Can someone leave me a ticket at will call, but leave it under Kielbeze's name. I lost my wallet. Kyle Brumback is his name. We car pool together.

ya i can do that for you

tfarks
11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Ya redfoster give me your name and I'll find the time tmw to drop it off at will call. I'll send you a message after I've dropped it off.

redfoster
11-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks a lot tfarks, but something came up and she actually won't be able to come now.

Thanks for the offer, though. I really appreciate it.

tfarks
11-17-2010, 10:47 PM
No problem. Wish I wasn't missing this I wanna see posey guard griffin

tysmitty21
11-17-2010, 11:01 PM
No problem. Wish I wasn't missing this I wanna see posey guard griffin

I could use your ticket if you still need someone to take it.

tfarks
11-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Sure just give me your real name and it will be there waiting for you

tysmitty21
11-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Sure just give me your real name and it will be there waiting for you

Tyler Smith. Thanks.. I'll return the favor if you want in the future.

brkyrd
11-18-2010, 12:43 PM
no casey tonight guys, so no grill :(

IndyHoya
11-18-2010, 01:30 PM
no casey tonight guys, so no grill :(

Arrgh...raw brats! Should I pick up a bucket of wings?

brkyrd
11-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Arrgh...raw brats! Should I pick up a bucket of wings?

I would not be opposed!

ZepZach
11-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Anyone have an extra ticket for Saturday? I want to take my girlfriend but only have my one ticket. Thanks!

I Love P
11-18-2010, 11:32 PM
My friend sat courtside tonight and said he couldn't make out one chant.

tysmitty21
11-18-2010, 11:57 PM
My friend sat courtside tonight and said he couldn't make out one chant.

There was only like 10 people chanting tonight.. literally.

I don't buy that he couldn't make any chants out though. Roy heard us. The "let's go Pacers" and "defense" chants had to have been heard.. those are easier to hear.

More people need to cheer though.

I Love P
11-19-2010, 12:06 AM
What were you guys yelling late in the 4th?

pacer4ever
11-19-2010, 12:14 AM
just saw us on sports center i think it was cole the mole dancing

Deadshot
11-19-2010, 01:19 AM
just saw us on sports center i think it was cole the mole dancing

That might of been what the telecast showed late in the game? I just remember seeing 3 white guys in Area55 doing some creepy partyboy/stripper like dance and Quinn/Chris really didn't know what to say. It would be great if someone has the video they could post here.

ColeTheMole
11-19-2010, 01:43 AM
LOL, sweet. With the mask on?

ColeTheMole
11-19-2010, 02:18 AM
No! I just caught it. It was those brothers who sit in front of me on the left side of section 102.

kielbeze
11-19-2010, 02:40 AM
No! I just caught it. It was those brothers who sit in front of me on the left side of section 102.
No I saw it it was Ben grinding on tysmitty21 lmao

IndyHoya
11-19-2010, 09:25 AM

This: A Tweet from Ben Howell

"The Clawson brothers and I made it on sports center with our man dance last night atthe @indianapacers game! #Area55"

duke dynamite
11-19-2010, 10:22 AM

This: A Tweet from Ben Howell

"The Clawson brothers and I made it on sports center with our man dance last night atthe @indianapacers game! #Area55"
Didn't he say something to you guys before the game...

:devil:

IndyHoya
11-19-2010, 10:23 AM
There was only like 10 people chanting tonight.. literally.

I don't buy that he couldn't make any chants out though. Roy heard us. The "let's go Pacers" and "defense" chants had to have been heard.. those are easier to hear.

More people need to cheer though.

It's wierd what's heard and what isn't. We were loud enough that Roy, more than once, acknowledged our cheering from the bench (he stuck up his hand twice during the game and once as he and the rest of the team was leaving as if to say "I hear you, thanks, good job").

Also, Colin Lott, an A55er that sits next to me in 101 went to the john to do his thing and said we were loud and audible from inside the facilities! He said he was chanting along with us while he was in there relieving himself (which is a testament to his true devotion and manifest versatility!).

On the other hand, we also get reports from ILP (which I don't doubt) saying we're inaudible. I dunno. It's impossible to gauge what registers and doesn't from inside Area 55. I do know that there are times when we're quieter than other times. The chanting was weaker at the opening of the game and seemed to pick up intensity after things got started and some of the latecomers began filling in. Numbers increased the decibels.

I also think Pacero's drumming last night really helped with the organization and audibility of the chanting in the second and particularly the third quarters.

But maybe acoustics in Conseco and where a person is sitting is a part of it all. We seem to get heard well sometimes and in some places and not heard at all at others.

BPump33
11-19-2010, 10:33 AM
It's wierd what's heard and what isn't. We were loud enough that Roy, more than once, acknowledged our cheering from the bench (he stuck up his hand twice during the game and once as he and the rest of the team was leaving as if to say "I hear you, thanks, good job"). Also, Colin Lott, an A55er that sits next to me in 101 went to the john to do his thing and said we were loud and audible from inside the facilities! He said he was chanting along with us while he was in there relieving himself (which is a testament to his true devotion and manifest versatility!). On the other hand, we also get reports from ILP (which I don't doubt) saying we're inaudible. I dunno. There are times when we're quieter than other times, I guess. But maybe acoustics are part of it all.

I'm just over in 201 so obviously I can hear you, but it is very hard to understand the chants sometimes. I knew what they were last night for the most part because I looked on Twitter, but the people around us had no idea what was being said. That's why I think the simplest chants are the best. I'm guessing Aminu had no idea what was being said to him last night about the chief and was there an "overrated" chant for Griffin or did I misunderstand?

BillS
11-19-2010, 10:33 AM
We heard A55 a number of times from 113.

The new ticket distribution has GOT to deal with the issue of spread. You guys are spread out a lot, so it looks like fewer because there are gaps.

duke dynamite
11-19-2010, 10:54 AM
We heard A55 a number of times from 113.

The new ticket distribution has GOT to deal with the issue of spread. You guys are spread out a lot, so it looks like fewer because there are gaps.
I don't think the problem is with distribution, I just think currently everyone goes and sits wherever the Hell they want.

tysmitty21
11-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Just to clear up the rumors: Ben was on sportscenter grinding on other men.. not me. LOL

Whenever he dances around me, I push him away. He was in section 102 during that.

Quinn Buckner made a comment about him and said, "I'm sorry Chris.. but what was THAT?!" haha. Funny stuff.

duke dynamite
11-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Just to clear up the rumors: Ben was on sportscenter grinding on other men.. not me. LOL

Whenever he dances around me, I push him away. He was in section 102 during that.

Quinn Buckner made a comment about him and said, "I'm sorry Chris.. but what was THAT?!" haha. Funny stuff.
I feel sorry for you.

Scot Pollard
11-19-2010, 04:12 PM

my girlfriend just started laughing out of no where and me and my friend had no idea then we saw and were like wow whats up with that :laugh:

pwee31
11-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Was just watching the opening of Sportscenter and one of the cut sequences to start the show looked like an Area 55 tryout. A guy who took off his shirt to reveal a Pacers logo on his chest.

Not sure if it'll be mentioned at all, but it was a cut sequence lead in

redfoster
11-20-2010, 02:31 AM
Anybody got a spare ticket for Saturday vs Magic? Thanks.

P T O
11-20-2010, 02:42 PM
If anyone that is coming to the PTO has some fire wood bring it today because were Gonna need some. The fire pit and grill will be there around five or a little after.

RobfromPacers
11-21-2010, 03:10 PM
I wonder how that's going to work?

I believe Mark and Slick will be in the ADA section right in front of 101.

El Pacero
11-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Roy is asking us to chant "Clear eyes... Full hearts... CAN'T LOSE!" tonight.

It would be awesome to come up with some kind of chant to acknowledge smoking the Heat last night, too.

pacer4ever
11-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Roy is asking us to chant "Clear eyes... Full hearts... CAN'T LOSE!" tonight.

It would be awesome to come up with some kind of chant to acknowledge smoking the Heat last night, too.

WTF

"beat the heat"

El Pacero
11-23-2010, 05:12 PM
It's from Friday Night Lights. He tweeted it & then asked to get us to chant it.

Do not question authority! (Roy)

3p's.

ColeTheMole
11-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Great game, felt very unified.

Since86
11-24-2010, 12:38 PM
WTF

"beat the heat"

It's from Friday Night Lights. The TV show, not the movie. Or atleast I don't remember it being in the movie.

I Love P
11-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Remember yellow shirts Friday.

D0NT SH0OT ME
11-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Here are some of the many chants we do, along with some others I have found. If I missed any or you would like to add some, please let me know. Also if there are any you dont like, again please let me know.

DEFENSE
Take it away defense, take it away!<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P> (clap, clap)</O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
Lock down Deee (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)

Block it!... Stop it!... Steal it!...

Take that ball away, Take it the other way!

Defense attack, Get that ball back!
Not in our house!!!
Defense (clap, clap)
Defense Pacers!, Defense! (clap, clap)

OFFENSE
Driblle it! Pass it! Make a basket!
V-i-c-t-o-r-y That's the Pacer's battle cry
Puh Puh Puh Pacers!
Lets go Pacers! Lets go (clap, clap)
(slow clap) P-a-c-e-r-s PACERS!
<O:P>1-2-3-4 Come on Pacers lets score. </O:P>
<O:P><O:P></O:P></O:P>
<O:P>Passion! Pride! Pacers!</O:P>
<O:P>PLAYERS</O:P>
<O:P>(Dunleavy) M-i-k-e mike, mike, mike</O:P>
<O:P>(Collison) DC2, DC2, DC2, DC2</O:P>
<O:P>(Hibbert) Hib hib hooROY!</O:P>
<O:P>(Hansbrough) Pyscho T, Pyshco T, Pyshco T</O:P>
<O:P>(McRoberts) Jaaaaaaaay Mac! Mac! Mac! ?</O:P>
<O:P>(George) Too much (clap, clap) For you</O:P>
<O:P>(Price) JUICE!</O:P>
<O:P>(Foster) Fiesty Fiesty Foster</O:P>
<O:P>(Granger) Danger! Granger! ?</O:P>
<O:P><O:P>(Rush) ?</O:P></O:P>
<O:P>(Ford) ?</O:P>
<O:P>(Posey) ?</O:P>
<O:P>(Solomon) ?</O:P>
<O:P>OTHER</O:P>
<O:P>(Generic Free Throws) Your not gonna make it, NO! you aint gonna make, your not gonna make it anyway.</O:P>
<O:P>(Hibbert's guy has the ball) Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!</O:P>
<O:P>(Foul called on us) No blood, No foul!</O:P>
<O:P>(Bad Call) D-league Refs</O:P>
<O:P>On your FEET!</O:P>
<O:P><O:P>-----------------------------------------------------------------</O:P></O:P>
<O:P>Leader yells: Is that a 52 (ex.)</O:P>
<O:P>We yell: Yes that is a 52 (ex.)</O:P>
<O:P><O:P></O:P>
<O:P>Leader yells: Is a that 48 (ex.)</O:P>
<O:P>We yell: Yes that is a 48 (ex.)</O:P>
</O:P><O:P><O:P>
<O:P>Leader yells: Is that the winning team (points to Pacer bench)</O:P>
<O:P>We yell: Yes that is the winning team (points to the Pacer bench)</O:P>
<O:P><O:P>
<O:P>Leader yells: Is that the losing team (points to Away bench)</O:P>
<O:P>We yell: Yes that is the losing team (points to Away bench)</O:P>
<O:P>Everyone points back and forth yelling Winning team, Losing team...</O:P>
<O:P><O:P>-----------------------------------------------------------------</O:P></O:P>
<O:P>I believe that we will win (repeat)</O:P>
<O:P>(Away team intro) We ready, we ready, we ready for ya'll</O:P>
</O:P></O:P></O:P></O:P><O:P></O:P>
<O:P>(Area55 Leaving Arena after Win) PACERS PRIDE! PACERS PRIDE! PACERS PRIDE!</O:P>

I do this chant alot at my college's soccer games, but when we do it we have the leader start it by yelling the first word then adding another word each time the chant goes back and forth. Something like:

Leader: I
Chant: I

Leader: I believe
Chant: I believe

Leader: I believe that
Chant: I believe that

Leader: I believe that we
Chant: I believe that we

All: I believe that we will win

My suggestion would be to try it like that. Seems to get everyone in our crowd pretty jacked up when we do it.

Abmowrey_PS&E
11-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Remember yellow shirts Friday.

Yes. Friday's game is a yellow Area 55 T-shirt night. Spread the word.

Major Cold
11-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Calling you out tonight guys. 3rd quarter Roy is tearing it up and I see some of you with hands to your mouth not cheering, but biting your nails. GET IT UP!!!! PACER PRIDE!!!!

pacer4ever
11-27-2010, 01:45 AM
Calling you out tonight guys. 3rd quarter Roy is tearing it up and I see some of you with hands to your mouth not cheering, but biting your nails. GET IT UP!!!! PACER PRIDE!!!!

were u at the game???

ColeTheMole
11-27-2010, 01:59 AM
heartbreak.

kielbeze
11-27-2010, 01:07 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs490.ash2/76308_178570758826081_100000194755448_651284_65269 96_n.jpg

IndyHoya
11-27-2010, 01:33 PM
http://www.images-graphics-pics.com/signs/books/dummies/default.aspx?pic=&tag=1st&text=NBA+Officiating&text2=Free+Cd+of+whistles+for+those+who+just+like+ to+hear+it%2E&text3=Learn+how+to+ref+an+entire+NBA+game+without+ looking+like+a+jackass&move=&move2=&mover=11&mover2=&font=adventure&color=white&book=DUMMIES&timer=1205&allow=490&title=Don%27t+Be+a+Dummy

I thought the officiating last night really hurt us late in the 4th and especially in the OT. I thought Roy got hacked on two occasions late -- causing him to miss -- where nothing was called. Also, late, on the play where Green took it to the hole and wound up missing and on the floor with a slightly twisted ankle they called Roy for a phantom foul that didn't happen. There was really no contact there at all. Green wound up hitting two very big FTs as a result. All of these had major impacts on the way things turned out. We didn't get much respect at crunch time from the Wood, Nunez, Davis crew last night. Normally I like Wood and Nunez as refs.

The lack of a call when Westbrook shoved Dunleavy off at the end was also pretty glaring in retrospect.

IndyHoya
11-27-2010, 01:49 PM
The Pacers "Loud Crowd" (or whoever it was) also certainly picked a poor time to come over to Area 55 to ask us to "sit down" so that we could then "stand up again" and "start a wave". It was right when the Thunder had tied the score; the Pacers were kind of reeling; and standing up and making a ton of noise made the most sense. Organizing the "wave" distracted us and stopped our noise. Also, the resulting "wave" was pretty anemic. The timing of the "wave decision" really irritated me and a lot of other people in 55.

kielbeze
11-27-2010, 02:10 PM
The Pacers "Loud Crowd" (or whoever it was) also certainly picked a poor time to come over to Area 55 to ask us to "sit down" so that we could then "stand up again" and "start a wave". It was right when the Thunder had tied the score; the Pacers were kind of reeling; and standing up and making a ton of noise made the most sense. Organizing the "wave" distracted us and stopped our noise. Also, the resulting "wave" was pretty anemic. The timing of the "wave decision" really irritated me and a lot of other people in 55.
Wuck the Fave!

Peck
11-27-2010, 02:29 PM

Wow, are you kidding me? That is horrid.

What possible good could the wave do in cheering on the team?

IndyHoya
11-27-2010, 02:32 PM

Agreed. It was really stupid. It was like they had no regard for what was happening on the court at all.

pacer4ever
11-27-2010, 02:33 PM

I told them to shut up im trying to watch a basketball game. They wanted us to sit down with 3 mins left in the game.

redfoster
11-28-2010, 02:11 AM
Yes, just ridiculous. They really need to keep the Loud Crowd away from us. It never goes well and this time it was very irritating.

El Pacero
11-28-2010, 04:52 AM
Now now sports fans. The Loud Crowd had the worst timing possible, but I hope they can still help us somehow. They get those other balcony sections so loud, I'm just waiting for the day they come up with a new chant to add to our repertoire. We did get the clap-clap-etc...P-A-C-E-R-S PACERS! from them.

I still agree it was the worst timing ever, with no regard to the game, but they were just thinking wave - not on the verge of losing the game like us. On that note, if we're gonna do the Roy Wave - those guys need to know we go up and back down, back up, etc and yell Roy like that first Area 55 video... or why would we even do it? They had us doing a single lame wave, sitting down and being quiet during the most crucial part of the game. Confusion?!?

MTM
11-29-2010, 12:54 PM
I was at the Thunder game too - probably my only game of the season.

The last time I have been at a game has been a couple years ago, and the last time I went on a very regular basis was the Reggie Miller years.

What I liked: I like the organ music (like an Ice game), the guys with drums, the loud crowd (I am referring to the group of Pacers employees holding signs up so the crowd yells cheers), and Area 55. I like how there has been a significant reduction in the piped in "Defense" and pop music over the loud speakers during play, and an increase in more organic type cheers and yells - much more like a high school or college game. I like how the timeouts worked and the activities during the timeouts and at halftime. It was fun.

What I think can still be improved: The organ guy, the guys with drums, the loud crowd cheers, and Area 55 have to figure out a way to coordinate timing of their activities and cheers. A lot of time they were stealing action from the other, and it seemed disorganized and ineffective. I also think there needs to be a way to get the rest of the crowd involved in these cheers - from the guys with drums, the loud crowd, and Area 55. I don't know if this is done using the main board to tell the crowd what to cheer, or what. It doesn't have to be every time. But it would be fun to be in the crowd and part of the cheers, not just listening to (and smirking/laughing at) the cheers of others.

Regardless, the fan experience is much improved, in my opinion, and I will go back the next time I can.

I Love P
11-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Will we get playoff tickets if the Pacers make it?

pacer4ever
11-30-2010, 01:12 AM
No, we get playoff priority. Which means we will get the first chance to buy tickets in our current seats. Which as greatful as I am for the season tickets, I still won't be able to afford the playoffs.

what if we boght ours. or is that what every season ticket holder has just playoff prioty

Trader Joe
11-30-2010, 12:26 PM

Roy asked for it on twitter for some reason.

Trader Joe
11-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Wait you guys don't get playoff tickets if we make it? Roy's not going to foot the bill for that? LAME.

But I bet he would if we end up making it. Why wouldn't he?

pacer4ever
11-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Roy asked for it on twitter for some reason.

im sure he didnt mean with 3 mins left in crunch time lol

I Love P
11-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Wait you guys don't get playoff tickets if we make it? Roy's not going to foot the bill for that? LAME.

But I bet he would if we end up making it. Why wouldn't he?

I bet he will. If he doesn't and the tickets are $13.25 like our face value I'll buy them for sure.

pacer4ever
11-30-2010, 03:35 PM
I bet he will. If he doesn't and the tickets are $13.25 like our face value I'll buy them for sure.

they will probly make them $90 prbly that is the real face value of thoes ticks

I Love P
11-30-2010, 03:43 PM
they will probly make them $90 prbly that is the real face value of thoes ticks

Nobody is going to do that. Conseco still won't sell out playoff games, I'll guarantee it.

BillS
11-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Nobody is going to do that. Conseco still won't sell out playoff games, I'll guarantee it.

Wow. I'd take that bet.

pacer4ever
11-30-2010, 04:44 PM

i will go for sure. Naptown has the most fair weather fans pisses me off. They will go if we are in the playoffs. Naptown fans only support winners. There arent to many die hards like us who support the team thogh thick and thin.

Day-V
11-30-2010, 05:44 PM
i will go for sure. Naptown has the most fair weather fans pisses me off.

Miami and Atlanta beg to differ.

vapacersfan
11-30-2010, 05:57 PM
I am not in area 55 but I saw this on my twitter:

Area55. I think the espn mag article is out about us. Someone get one and tell me what they say about Area55.

pacer4ever
11-30-2010, 06:01 PM
I am not in area 55 but I saw this on my twitter:

Area55. I think the espn mag article is out about us. Someone get one and tell me what they say about Area55.

Ya it wasnt very good talking about us. It dissed El pacero and a couple others. I twittd that 2 roy

El Pacero
11-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Ya it wasnt very good talking about us. It dissed El pacero and a couple others. I twittd that 2 roy

I thought the comments about me were funny, but wished more positive stuff had been said about Roy. I gave him paragraphs of good Roy stuff to use.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1222.snc4/155451_10150125066028502_295661548501_7980449_6198 522_n.jpg

vapacersfan
11-30-2010, 06:23 PM

Wouldnt it be tweeted :p

pacer4ever
11-30-2010, 06:25 PM

lol short version is twittd

duke dynamite
11-30-2010, 07:24 PM

lol short version is twittd

Just like how he writ that paper?

pacer4ever
12-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Area 55ers make me feel almost normal

November 25, 2010

For years, I’ve hoped to experience at least one occasion where I wasn’t the strangest guy in the room. As the years have gone by, I’d become increasingly convinced that there was little or no chance that this would actually happen.

Ah, but then came Area 55.

Area 55 is the brainchild of Pacers center Roy Hibbert. Roy’s idea was to establish a group of fans that would bring passion, zeal, and enthusiasm to a building that has been disturbingly lifeless in recent years, and he somehow managed to find the biggest group of kooks assembled in one space since Randall P. McMurtry and the Chief oversaw the cast of misfits in “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”.
Now, don’t misunderstand. I say this in the most flattering way possible.

Too often, NBA arenas have become havens for corporate stuffed shirts who cheer – if at all – only when directed to by either a screeching PA announcer or a big, bold demand flashing on a scoreboard. Not in Area 55. The 55ers are an amalgamation of face painters, jersey wearing zealots, people in costumes that would have them arrested in other countries, and other square pegs that would never fit into round holes.

Slick and I had the pleasure of broadcasting Tuesday’s game with Cleveland from this mosh pit, and after sitting up there for two hours listening to the screaming, yelling, clever chanting, and ceaseless enthusiasm, and I have just one question:

Can we please come back and do it again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/blog_boyle.html

Mark Boyle

chuckleslove
12-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Obviously it is up to Roy whether he buys you guys playoff tickets or not but we sort of had a big question mark in Squad 6 regarding that last year and Bogut did foot the bill for us to be there in the playoffs.

As for selling out the games, I have a feeling that your fan base is probably similar to the Milwaukee fan base, seemed a similar size crowd for a Friday night at the one game we went to.

The Bucks had discounted playoff tickets for games 3 and 4 last year and it wasn't until we were up 3-2 and full on Bucks fever hit the city for game 6 that they were able to sell out at face value and then tickets were being sold above face value on stub hub, scalpers etc...

Obviously we are barely into the season but just thought I would share how it went down in Milwaukee last year :P

I'm glad you guys are doing well, I went on a Bucks podcast to talk about predictions going into the year and I picked the Pacers as my sleeper team in the East, you guys are making me look like I know what I'm talking about so far :)

So what are the chances I see some of you in Milwaukee next week? :P