PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Jack the Jamaal Tinsley of Toronto??? WTH?

Peck
11-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Well at least according to the basketballjones blog anyway.

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/11/10/jarrett-jack-debunks-stupid-strip-club-theory/

Jarrett Jack debunks ’stupid’ strip club theory
Posted by Trey Kerby under Miami Heat, Toronto Raptors on Nov 10, 2010

Yesterday, Jason Whitlock deemed Chris Bosh “too soft to be the third wheel of the ‘Big Three,’” because that is the sort of thing that Jason Whitlock does. That it came hours before Bosh was dismantled by Jazz forward Paul Millsap was quite poetic, even if the assertion that Bosh should be traded after seven games is ludicrous.

Even more ludicrous was Whitlock’s supposition that Bosh put up big numbers in Toronto because opposing teams were too tired due to the fact that “when visiting NBA players cross the Canadian border they put far more effort into acquiring condoms, loonies and a strip-club champagne room than their on-court assignments.” Sure, it’s an awesome theory, but it ain’t true.

Just ask noted strip club connoisseur Jarrett Jack, which the National Post’s Bruce Arthur did.

Raptors guard Jarrett Jack, when informed of the notion, similarly arched an eyebrow and said, “Some people are stupid, man. Like really? Really? That’s why he was good, because of strip clubs? There aren’t strip clubs in Miami, there aren’t strip clubs in L.A., there aren’t strip clubs everywhere else? I haven’t been to any of the strip clubs here, so they can’t be that damn good.”

Duh. If Jarrett Jack isn’t in the strip clubs, you know they’re not that good. He’s Toronto’s answer to Jamaal Tinsley, so he’d know whether or not the quality is enough to distract an NBA player from their duties. Don’t doubt the man’s taste.

Toronto’s an excellent city, we can all agree on that. It might even be the “White Vegas” that Whitlock claims, despite it’s reputation as one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world. But, thanks to Jarrett Jack, I think it’s pretty fair to say that strip clubs aren’t the reason that Chris Bosh was really, really good when he was on the Raptors.

Nice try, Jason Whitlock, but I think this episode of “Mythbusters: Toronto” has thoroughly disproved your strip club theory. Tune in next week to see whether or not Andrea Bargnani actually has internal organs

spreedom
11-10-2010, 01:13 PM
From every shred of evidence I've ever seen, Jack is nothing but classy on and off the court (strip clubs notwithstanding -- I have zero problem with a man and his harmless vices), and this Whitlock guy hasn't done much to dispel any of that.

Mackey_Rose
11-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Best. Blog. Ever.

Trophy
11-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Jack can shoot the ball better than Tinsley.

Jack's character is far better.

CableKC
11-10-2010, 02:03 PM
I never knew that Jarrett Jack was a frequent patron of Strip Clubs :shrug:. Geez....I don't know if this is as much of an attack on Bosh as it is a quick jab at Jarrett Jack.

Hicks
11-10-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't know what he's talking about.

BillS
11-10-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't know what he's talking about.

Because you never saw him there at any of the clubs when he was in Indy?

:rimshot:

Trader Joe
11-10-2010, 05:10 PM
This seems like a fitting thread to make my return in, all I have to say is...I think it might be sarcasm by the writer?

SMosley21
11-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Jarrett Jack should never be seen in the same light as Jamaal Tinsley, in any way. Jarrett Jack is a good person and a good teammate.

Trader Joe
11-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Also, I think all this Jarrett Jack is a good person stuff is a little humorous. He was only here for a season, we really didn't get to know him.

He's got some serious Jim Harbaugh syndrome going on around here. I was hoping Collison would be able to put a stop to that, much like Peyton brought Harbaugh's accomplishments back into line with where they should be viewed.

SMosley21
11-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Also, I think all this Jarrett Jack is a good person stuff is a little humorous. He was only here for a season, we really didn't get to know him.

He's got some serious Jim Harbaugh syndrome going on around here. I was hoping Collison would be able to put a stop to that, much like Peyton brought Harbaugh's accomplishments back into line with where they should be viewed.

I tend to judge people by what I know of them. We knew Jack for a year and during that year, we couldn't have asked for a better person to be associated with our franchise. Darren Collison has nothing to do with Jarrett Jack's time in Indy.

Trader Joe
11-10-2010, 05:31 PM
If Jamaal Tinsley had only been on the Pacers for his rookie year or second year, you might likely feel the same way about him.

Personally, I don't care if he's at strip clubs every night as long as he's not shooting up the night and it doesn't impact his play.

And my point about Collison is, everyone always treats Jack as a very good starting PG in the NBA, when he really isn't. He's got a bit of an over-inflated reputation around here. Collison, I'm hoping, will remind us what a very good starting PG actually looks like.

Naptown_Seth
11-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Tinsley's problem wasn't strip clubs or being out late. It would seem he had something of a knack of getting on the wrong side of people, including his own team/coaches.

Rio without Dino and Fingers - you never knew it existed.

8 Seconds without coat thief and manager - still a 'neck saloon with a giant line dancing floor

Cloud 9 without AK-47 gangsters willing to shoot up the most expensive hotel downtown - I don't even know where that place is

BTW, if you want to compare Jack to someone due to his taste in strip clubs then you call him Toronto's Barkley. A big part of his enjoyment while in Houston was its varied high quality establishments of men's entertainment...or so I heard.

Drewtone
11-10-2010, 10:23 PM
As an aside, Canada is known for its strip clubs, and having lived here for 11 years, I can vouch (working in real estate development, one is occaissioned to be taken to such establishments by business partners from time to time, particularly in Toronto and Montreal). It wouldn't be out of the question for the clubs in Toronto to be a big draw with NBA players.

Anthem
11-10-2010, 11:45 PM
You guys get that the only quote from Jack is him saying he's never been to a Toronto strip club, right?

Sookie
11-10-2010, 11:46 PM
You guys get that the only quote from Jack is him saying he's never been to a Toronto strip club, right?

Yea, I think Jack dismissed the reason..and then the writer jokingly made the "and he would know strip clubs" joke..

Day-V
11-10-2010, 11:54 PM
"Former Pacer Jarrett Jack involved in Strip Club controversy"

ChicagoJ
11-11-2010, 06:36 PM

He could play here for 18 years. How many of us actually got to know Reggie on a personal level well enough to know if he's a good person or not? (A: zero.)

We may get "to know" their persona, and there may be some sincerity to it. Or not.

Who knows?

Naptown_Seth
11-11-2010, 10:18 PM
He could play here for 18 years. How many of us actually got to know Reggie on a personal level well enough to know if he's a good person or not? (A: zero.)

We may get "to know" their persona, and there may be some sincerity to it. Or not.

Who knows?
Says the guy who hired a plane to fly a banner telling Reggie to stop sleeping with his wife.

Oh, that wasn't you? :blush:

MyFavMartin
11-12-2010, 11:40 AM
I think Jack is being cynical in the comment. Maybe the writer should have put the comment in green. I think Jack is just pointing out the flaw in someone's logic.

I talked to a guy whose in Ottawa and he said Toronto loved Bosh, who was very active in the community with charities and inner city kids.

Bosh chose Miami for a chance at being on one of the best teams in the NBA and to win big time. I don't doubt that Bosh loved Toronto. I'm not sure he loved the Raptors, though.

Kegboy
11-13-2010, 05:51 AM
There's a reason why Canada is known for it's strip clubs. The laws are a bit different up there. Just like the laws are a bit different in California, but in the other direction.

As for the titular comment, that's just idiotic.

cinotimz
11-13-2010, 07:31 AM

Who knows?

Exactly, because in his 18 years here Reggie was never known to be a regular at a certain Gentleman's Club on Pendleton Pike....oh wait....

KennerLeaguer
11-13-2010, 04:20 PM
This thread has only reenforced my already strong views that Whitlock is an idiot.

MyFavMartin
11-14-2010, 02:16 PM
There's a reason why Canada is known for it's strip clubs.

The lack of sunshine makes the girls crazy and there's not much else to do up there 9 months of the year? :laugh: