PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread/ The Mike Dunleavy, DC and Rush show

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Amazing game, 54points in the 3rd quarter, 20 of 21 shots.

I would also say, welcome back Rush and Dun, go pacers :dance::dance:

flox
11-09-2010, 09:12 PM
We need this Dunleavy.

Infinite MAN_force
11-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I wonder if Mike Dunleavy has been reading PD lately? He sure seemed motivated tonight. :devil:

Wow. That was nuts.

Anthem
11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Obviously a fantastic game from Mike.... 31 points in 3 quarters? Yes please.

My only note (for now) on Brandon... dude buffed up. His arms weren't a ton thicker (some, but not a ton) but that guy has some beef on his chest.

As for the game itself, we shouldn't let this one get us too pumped up. This was a schedule loss for Denver. 4 games in 5 nights = nothing left in the tank. We'll have schedule losses of our own, later this year. This one was theirs. Still counts as a win, but I'm just saying it doesn't automatically mean this team has turned the corner.

PacerPenguins
11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
wow hansbrough had 6 offensive rebounds

Sandman21
11-09-2010, 09:23 PM
You know, if we keep hating on Mike, think he might stay hot?:D

And man did Slick pick a game to come back for.... think he still has his voice?

cdash
11-09-2010, 09:24 PM
I think a certain group of posters owe Mike Dunleavy an apology.

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 09:24 PM

My only note (for now) on Brandon... dude buffed up. His arms weren't a ton thicker (some, but not a ton) but that guy has some beef on his chest.

As for the game itself, we shouldn't let this one get us too pumped up. This was a schedule loss for Denver. 4 games in 5 nights = nothing left in the tank. We'll have schedule losses of our own, later this year. This one was theirs. Still counts as a win, but I'm just saying it doesn't automatically mean this team has turned the corner.

Yeah I feel the same way, great win tonight but I won't get to excited.

Sookie
11-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Right, fun game, unbelievable streak in the third quarter apparently. And I'm glad to see Dun play well.

Things like the hot streak in the third, and everyoe playing well..isn't going to happen very often.

However, Darren Collison set the tempo in the game from the begining. I liked that. He was a little out of control but essentially, both teams played at the tempo Darren wanted to play at. Good to see him control a game like that.

BringJackBack
11-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Darren Collison and Tyler Hansbrough played extremely well as well. McRoberts and Rush brought a ton of energy and we played great. Consistency. We play like crap and then play great. We just need to know how often thse games will be.

BornReady
Right, fun game, unbelievable streak in the third quarter apparently. And I'm glad to see Dun play well.

Things like the hot streak in the third, and everyoe playing well..isn't going to happen very often.

However, Darren Collison set the tempo in the game from the begining. I liked that. He was a little out of control but essentially, both teams played at the tempo Darren wanted to play at. Good to see him control a game like that.

yo sookie how good was glee tonight? :D

vnzla81

He doesn't deserve any apology, he was sucking big time until today, lets hope he keeps playing this way, great game by him today though.

LoneGranger33

http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0005/C6/DC/C6DCA50E04B35522B8347F.jpg

But seriously, I had intended on bringing that up as well, especially if we had lost.

Let the roller coaster continue on Friday!

The Rockets just lost Aaron Brooks, so let's keep the momentum going.

gummy
11-09-2010, 09:27 PM

Noticed that too. The kid had a barrel chest before but it looks like he added an extra barrel in the off-season. I saw a couple of Nuggets bounce back off his chest when trying to execute a spin move to the basket - I lol'ed.

McKeyFan

C'mon grandma. Enjoy this for at least one evening.

:D

MyFavMartin
Dunleavey for another 3 years and 15 million!!!

Sookie
11-09-2010, 09:28 PM
yo sookie how good was glee tonight? :D

Pretty good. Not enough Sue though. I need my Sue fix. :laugh:

and Yes..Brandon looks...ugh..nice. :D

gummy
11-09-2010, 09:29 PM

I don't think so. They owe him accolades for this performance and a break from criticism until and unless he starts stinking it up again. But those other games still happened.

So - Viva Mike Dunleavy!

flox
11-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Pretty good. Not enough Sue though. I need my Sue fix. :laugh:

The confetti cannon scene was priceless. I need a poster of that.

MyFavMartin
11-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Brandon looked really good as did Tyler. Darren, en fuego, with Mike. All lead by Danny and Roy...

Did anyone see Roy dancing on the sideline in the 3rd? Looked like a penguin dance. Area 55 should incorporate that and starting dancing and yelling block party everytime Roy gets a block...

Roy had a monster block as did McBob.

I HEART MY PACERS!!!

Marlin
11-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I'd call it "the everyone show". Pretty much everybody played a great game, what Darren, Hibbert, or Granger, or Hans did can't be overlooked even if Mike played out of his mind.

That said, he was the one needing it the most. Here's to you, Mike!

MyFavMartin
11-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Who wants to guess no highlights on ESPN?

gummy
11-09-2010, 09:32 PM
OK guys, some of us haven't seen Glee yet so keep those spoilers to a minimum! ;)

ThA HoyA
11-09-2010, 09:32 PM
They are actually on espn now!!! And showing the interview with mike from pacers postgame show!

cdash
11-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't think so. They owe him accolades for this performance and a break from criticism until and unless he starts stinking it up again. But those other games still happened.

So - Viva Mike Dunleavy!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. People were saying he needed no minutes the rest of the season (pretty sure if you look in page one or two of the game thread, you will see some posts of that ilk in there), that he has no place in the NBA, etc. Hyperbole out of their asses.

Trophy
11-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't know where to begin.

Just an incredible all around performance.

This game really has me pumped for the rest of the season and the future.

This was the Mike Dunleavy we all know. Keep this up Mike.

Without Brandon, this game wouldn't have been this intense. Welcome back Brandon. All the offseason improves definitly paid off.

I'm speechless with Darren's performance. Just a great one.

Credits also go out to Tyler, Roy, and Danny. Also Josh who only scored 2 points had a really good defensive game.

Keep it up guys!

GO PACERS!!!

flox
11-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Mike should only be able to take three's from 26ft plus- otherwise he can't hit them.

Hicks
11-09-2010, 09:36 PM
I certainly enjoyed tonight, but anyone who has watched the NBA for a number of years knows not to take much away from it moving forward.

The only things I took from tonight that I hope to see consistently are Brandon Rush's aggression/finishing and our willingness to make a lot of passes for good looks.

I'll be thrilled if both of those carry from game to game.

gummy
11-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Wooooo!

I don't know about this "we need this team every night" stuff though. This night was exceptional. We could have beaten just about anybody tonight. We aren't going to get this team every night and we don't even need it every night.

We do need the same intensity level each night - we won't always hit that many shots but if we bring that intensity and focus we're going to win more games than last season, that's for sure.

I think I'm gonna watch it again later. Woot!

ndcoltsnpacers
11-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Most points in one game by the Pacers since 1991 according to Mark Boyle.

flox
11-09-2010, 09:39 PM
OK guys, some of us haven't seen Glee yet so keep those spoilers to a minimum! ;)

My bad.

Anyway, I think if we could execute our offense consistently we'll be a much better team. I sure hope tonight made our team believe in consistently executing the offense.

ChristianDudley
11-09-2010, 09:40 PM
I am speechless after watching this WONDERFUL game. Just for the record, I called a WIN! :D No words to really describe it, except:

WOW.

cdash
11-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Are we seriously talking about freaking Glee in the postgame thread?

TinManJoshua
11-09-2010, 09:41 PM
I was most impressed/excited about our consistent and constant ball movement. That's what makes offenses really click.

McKeyFan
11-09-2010, 09:42 PM
executing the offense.
That's exactly what I wanted to do before tonight's performance.

gummy
11-09-2010, 09:42 PM
I wish League Pass Broadband let us see post game shows. :(

RichardHawes
11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that Solo got an ally oop! :buddies:

gummy
11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. People were saying he needed no minutes the rest of the season (pretty sure if you look in page one or two of the game thread, you will see some posts of that ilk in there), that he has no place in the NBA, etc. Hyperbole out of their asses.

OK, I'm not talking about the people on the extremes (and there are always more of those in the game thread) - that talk is almost never warranted. There seemed to me to be plenty of more moderate people were understandably unhappy with his performance so far this year and wanted to see his minutes reduced.

gummy
11-09-2010, 09:49 PM

I gave the appropriate holy **** exclamation in the game thread. :dance:

McKeyFan
11-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Solo +/- was -6 in a game we won by 31.

gummy
11-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Can someone snag the boxscore? I tried to paste it in from NBA.com but it came out all wonky.

Justin Tyme
11-09-2010, 09:54 PM
wow hansbrough had 6 offensive rebounds

That's more than Murphy had all last year.

cdash

And his 4th rebound of the season!

BornReady

you gonna love it

Justin Tyme
11-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Dunleavey for another 3 years and 15 million!!!

Let's not get carried away. There is still 76 games to be played.

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 09:58 PM
the box score is here, I don't know how to post it :blush:

http://www.nba.com/games/20101109/DENIND/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021000101#nbaGIboxscore

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Let's not get carried away. There is still 76 games to be played.

:laugh::laugh:

spazzxb
11-09-2010, 10:00 PM

Just making fun of the poster that missed seeing the third quarter, Whom I hope at least stays up to see the replay.

LoneGranger33
11-09-2010, 10:00 PM
The Rush put-back slam was my highlight of the night, though I must admit I loved watching Hansborough at the end there.

Kuq_e_Zi91
11-09-2010, 10:03 PM

Come on, man. No one owes him an apology. He was playing like absolute crap, and Brandon looked infinitely better. If Mike isn't producing on offense he's useless.

It's not like we want to see him fail. We're just as happy that he had a great game as the Dunleavy supporters. We just want him to make his shots, that's all.

PacersPride
can we deal Dunleavy now while his value is at its peak? seriously if Dun continues to shoot well his trade value is going to get us the pf/c we are looking for. i appreciate what dun gave us tonight but realistically he is not a part of the franchise going forward (unless as a b/u SF). i still feel its Rush & Georges position.

i said it once before, i think Dun gets dealt at the allstar break. he is our most valuable expiring and this team has too many wings. if rush continues to improve im comfortable with him as our starting shooting gaurd. like mentioned elsewhere, rush was hitting the weights this summer (among other things) so its very good to see some sort of dedication from him.

Infinite MAN_force
Pacers game was actually the first story on sports center and they are interviewing Mike Dunleavy right now.

xBulletproof
11-09-2010, 10:04 PM
They're interviewing Dunleavy on ESPN.

He said if he'd have known what was going on in the 3rd, he'd have stolen the ball from McRoberts and thrown it out of bounds. Hahahaha.

CableKC
11-09-2010, 10:05 PM
If we go with a regular 8-man rotation of DC/BRush/Granger/McBob/Hibbert/Dunleavy/Hansbrough/TJ, I'd be happy.

Dunleavy - Finally, he broke out of his slump. His performance during the 3rd QTR was simply stunning.

BRush - In the 1st half....when Dunleavy was continuing his slump...and BRush came in....we started to do very well. My guess is that he was doing all the things that Dunleavy was supposed to do and was doing it well. I'm glad that he is back.

Hansbrough - He showed us why Bird drafted him. There were SEVERAL 2nd chance plays that we had simply because of his hustle and willingness to bang inside. I really hope that the JO'B goes with a Hibbert/McBob/Hansbrough PF/C rotation going forward and stops with all of this "playing down" to the opposing Team if they "go small".

McBob - I am going to say this AGAIN.....IF we do not lock McBob up for an extension now.....some other Team is going to overpay for him and we are going to regret it BIG TIME.

EVERYONE ELSE - Everyone did a good job.

This win was a good Birthday present.

QuickRelease
Off topic, but the Jazz/Heat game just had an awesome ending to regulation! Overtime!

Justin Tyme
I will say it's nice to be on this end of this type of game than on the other end like so many times. Just don't drink too much kool-aid from this game.

Jon Theodore
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM

This is how I feel, BUT I really liked how the team never gave up. We were up by 30 points and still giving max effort and making hustle plays on defense. Hansbrough, Dunleavy, and Rush were just unreal. McRoberts/Hansbrough getting under the skin of the Denver bigs was great!

We would have beat most teams in the NBA tonight, with the kind of ball movement we had going. There were a couple of times when I was sure Granger was going to jack up a contested shot and he actually PASSED the ball, amazing!

Great win, regardless of the schedule for the Nuggets. The key is to built on this momentum and keep playing the same way!

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Granger 19 points 5 asst and 3reb

Dunleavy 31 points 3asst and 1 reb

Hibbert 17 points 2 asst and 6 reb

Collison 29 points 6asst and 1 reb

Mcbob 2 points 5asst and 10 reb

Rush 16 points 7reb 2 asst

Tyler 20 points 9 reb 3 asst

Solo 4 points 1 reb :blush:

Ford 2 points 3reb 6asst

Posey 0 minutes :dance:

tsm612
11-09-2010, 10:11 PM
We made the home page on nba.com and our third quarter run is the nightly notable.

BringJackBack
11-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Fun fact: Brandon Rush played about 5 more minutes than Mike tonight.

xBulletproof
11-09-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm slightly annoyed that Hibbert blocked shot isn't on any of the highlights. That was huge.

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Fun fact: Brandon Rush played about 5 more minutes than Mike tonight.

He played at the end of the game(Rush), Dunleavy did not play much at the end.

Trophy
11-09-2010, 10:17 PM
We only had 11,122 people in attendance tonight.

It's Tuesday night so it's understandable, but this game will definitly draw a lot of interest.

I wish I was there to enjoy the excitement with fellow fans.

I had a blast watching it.

Definitly one of the best Pacers games I've seen in a very long time.

pacer4ever
We need this Dunleavy.

yes we do he is vital. We need him and Tyler as anchors to the 2nd unit we need mike dunleavys scoring on the 2nd unit. Brandon proved my point tonight he D melo up great and played well with the starters. Mike was great playing with the 2nd unit as the primary scorer. Which is the role i thogh he would be great for backup SF. I want more of paul G thoe as backup SG.

Unclebuck
Great win and certainly every game counts, but I must say I learn very little from games like this. Same as the game in Philly. I'm not all that excited about this game, just like I wasn't upset about the game in Philly.

The Nuggets had nothing left to give tonight, their defense was very poor.

it was fun to watch though.

I think the coaching was the difference in this game

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Great win and certainly every game counts, but I must say I learn very little from games like this. Same as the game in Philly. I'm not all that excited about this game, just like I wasn't upset about the game in Philly.

you like to :stirthepot: don't you?

Jon Theodore
11-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Off topic, but the Heats announcers are soooo terrible. I could literally not ever listen to that for an entire game.

PacersPride
11-09-2010, 10:24 PM

i know your a O'brien supporter but c'mon man.. Dunleavy was the difference in this game, he caught fire in the third and the nuggets never recovered.

pacer4ever

coaching was the same we came in with the vet solo instead of PG24 to start the 4th we were up but 30 lol

cdash
How about some of those monster Hansbrough rebounds? That dude is a tenacious little **** isn't he?

dohman
11-09-2010, 10:26 PM
I do think this game shows us what this team can be with a top tier sg. That's how rush and dun played together.

We could be a very good team if we can get a big name.

pacer4ever
How about some of those monster Hansbrough rebounds? That dude is a tenacious little **** isn't he?

Balkman didnt like playing agasit him u could tell. Tyler makes u work

cramerica
It's not like we want to see him fail.

This is untrue. I'm not sure about you personally, but there were posters on here saying they want him to score 0 points while Rush scores 20. Isn't that failing?

Either way, hopefully the hate dies down...atleast until the next game.

Unclebuck
11-09-2010, 10:27 PM
i know your a O'brien supporter but c'mon man.. Dunleavy was the difference in this game, he caught fire in the third and the nuggets never recovered.

it was a joke. (Just like those who blamed the coach for the loss in Philly was a joke)

QuickRelease
Off topic, but the Heats announcers are soooo terrible. I could literally not ever listen to that for an entire game.What an awesome win by Utah! Without D Williams down the stretch. Milsap went nuts. He had like 46 points tonight. Including 3-3 from three point range.

pacer4ever
it was a joke. (Just like those who blamed the coach for the loss in Philly was a joke)

ya 30 point games dont go on the coach

vnzla81
I have a feeling that the Denver Nuggets are like the Dallas Cowboys, they are a good team but have a lot of internal problems, if they keep losing like this they are going to trade Melo sooner than later.

PacersPride

i still cannot believe Bird drafted the guy over lawson, he has no idea what he is doing.

QuickRelease
11-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Sorry...no more non-Pacers stuff. Tyler with a 20-9 game!

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 10:28 PM
i still cannot believe Bird drafted the guy over lawson, he has no idea what he is doing.

Ty lawson is really good and problly better if he could get some more mins. If i was the Twolves i would have traded flynn not lawson draft day.

PacerGuy
11-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Love what Brandon brought tonight!!!
All off-season we heard how he was getting stronger & more aggressive. Even Dan Dakich, who is somewhat of a pesimist stated that the people he trusts said people were going to see a new Brandon - & we did!
Brandon looked buff, aggressive, & played physical, yet he played in the flow of the offense. He!!, IMO he set the tone of the flow in Q2.
This is why despite 2 seasons of "under-performing" seasons, & a suspention that the Pacers picked up his option. Brandon may have shown us tonight what he started showing TPTB a few months ago - that he has/is turning a corner, not just as a player, but as a muture young man. A young man who now knows being a player in the this league is not a right, but a privlidge, & that this is a job, not just a game. Brandon went to work tonight, & I was thrilled with what I saw from him, & how he affected all those around him!
Great Game Brandon!

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 10:29 PM
I have a feeling that the Denver Nuggets are like the Dallas Cowboys, they are a good team but have a lot of internal problems, if they keep losing like this they are going to trade Melo sooner than later.

idk there frontcourt is depleted with Martin and Anderson injured

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 10:31 PM

Well he didn't play Posey and Solo together today, that is a huge plus.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Well he didn't play Posey and Solo together today, that is a huge plus.

but solo played UGGG :bs:

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Love what Brandon brought tonight!!!
All off-season we heard how he was getting stronger & more aggressive. Even Dan Dakich, who is somewhat of a pesimist stated that the people he trusts said people were going to see a new Brandon - & we did!
Brandon looked buff, aggressive, & played physical, yet he played in the flow of the offense. He!!, IMO he set the tone of the flow in Q2.
This is why despite 2 seasons of "under-performing" seasons, & a suspention that the Pacers picked up his option. Brandon may have shown us tonight what he started showing TPTB a few months ago - that he has/is turning a corner, not just as a player, but as a muture young man. A young man who now knows being a player in the this league is not a right, but a privlidge, & that this is a job, not just a game. Brandon went to work tonight, & I was thrilled with what I saw from him, & how he affected all those around him!
Great Game Brandon!

I agree, Brandon set the tone in the second quarter by been agressive, he also gave some rest to Dunleavy that came back and got on fire.

kester99
11-09-2010, 10:34 PM
NBA Coast to Coast just starting on ESPN2.

PacersPride
11-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Ty lawson is really good and problly better if he could get some more mins. If i was the Twolves i would have traded flynn not lawson draft day.

not a knock on lawson, he is a good pg, but i would prefer a healthy hansbro, the guy is going to be a real good player for a long time if he stays healthy. i love the kids game.. and he reminds me of fiesty foster w/ offensive ability.

Trophy
11-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I wish Lance and AJ were active tonight to play in some of the garbage minutes.

Solo and Posey should be 2 of the 3 players inactive.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 10:37 PM
not a knock on lawson, he is a good pg, but i would prefer a healthy hansbro, the guy is going to be a real good player for a long time if he stays healthy. i love the kids game.. and he reminds me of fiesty foster w/ offensive ability.

I dont know how he makes half his shots looks like he just thows them up and next thing u know swoosh lol

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 10:38 PM
NBA Coast to Coast just starting on ESPN2.

:censored: espn basketball coverage

NBA tv is where it is at lol

Trophy
Darren is a better PG than Lawson and I believed that even before we acquired Darren.

For Ty Lawson's sake, I hope he's traded to a young team in need of a PG like Portland.

vnzla81
I wish Lance and AJ were active tonight to play in some of the garbage minutes.

Solo and Posey should be 2 of the 3 players inactive.

Posey was inactive tonight

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Darren is a better PG than Lawson and I believed that even before we acquired Darren.

Lawson is good because he doesnt turn the ball over much. and will run the offense how it is meant to be run. JOB would love him lol.

Unclebuck
11-09-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm still learning collison's game, but one thing I've noticed, he is a really really good shooter when he gets his feet set.

And I love watching Hansbrough

vnzla81
:censored: espn basketball coverage

NBA tv is where it is at lol

they are going to talk about the Pacers, just opened the show by talking about the 53 points in the 3rd quarter, they also said that they score the most points in a quarter for the second time in history.

Trophy

He was dressed in uniform though.

I meant inactive as in being in street clothes.

pacer4ever

no he wasnt but he didnt get in the game so he was literally inactive

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm still learning collison's game, but one thing I've noticed, he is a really really good shooter when he gets his feet set.

And I love watching Hansbrough

Collison is looking like the guy we tought he was, I also love Hans, they guy is a beast.

Does anybody knows if tonight points for him were career high? (DC)

Trophy
11-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Lawson is good because he doesnt turn the ball over much. and will run the offense how it is meant to be run. JOB would love him lol.

Lawson is too good to be a backup. Since Andre Miller's career is nearing its end, I think that might be one of the best teams for him.

I remember I was watching a Hornets game and they were talking about how good Darren is and he's too good of a player to be a backup.

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 10:43 PM
no he wasnt but he didnt get in the game so he was literally inactive

NBA.com shows that he was DNP for tonights game.

xBulletproof
11-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Collison is looking like the guy we tought he was, I also love Hans, they guy is a beast.

No sir. His career high is 35.

Trophy

It's 35 points.

I'm sure he'll break it this season.

Heck I think he might even break his career high in rebounds of 13 that he had against us last season.

pacer4ever

NBA.com is wrong he was dressed to play i was there like always

Hicks
11-09-2010, 10:47 PM

I'm not sure about that.

I know I saw Jeff, Lance, and AJ in suits.

Trophy
11-09-2010, 10:48 PM

He was listed as active because he was in uniform, but he would be listed as DNP - Coaches Decision.

The inactive players (the ones not dressed in uniform) were Lance, AJ, and Jeff.

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 10:48 PM
No sir. His career high is 35.

Damn, was his career night against the Pacers? I know he had a triple double

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure about that.

So the NBA webside is wrong, my bad :blush:

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure about that.

posey was active he had his warmup on

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 10:51 PM
espn right now guys

Trophy
11-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Damn, was his career night against the Pacers? I know he had a triple double

No his 35 was against Dallas.

The triple double against us was 18 points, 13 rebounds, and 12 assists.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 10:53 PM
dun 24 just in the 3rd lol

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 10:54 PM
then they show murphy sucking in NJ lol

Trophy
11-09-2010, 10:57 PM
then they show murphy sucking in NJ lol

His rebounding is the only good that he's brought to NJ.

He's barely shot any 3's.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 11:02 PM
His rebounding is the only good that he's brought to NJ.

He's barely shot any 3's.

they showed him and brooke following each other and avery burned a timeout 30 seconds in. cause murphy on the offense of end didnt know what he was doing LOL.

danman
11-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Baby Al played 21 minutes and put up a plus/minus of -30. Jebus, that's insanely horrible.

One game, Pacers can't throw it in the ocean, and now this. It'll be interesting to see what we look like after 20 games. I don't get the sense that the players have really figured out how they fit in yet.

I will say this -- I've seen a lot more stretches of good D from this team. We're not a good defensive team, but there's better effort. Murph was one problem too many on that end of the court, and now it seems like we have a chance to be decent there.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Baby Al played 21 minutes and put up a plus/minus of -30. Jebus, that's insanely horrible.

One game, Pacers can't throw it in the ocean, and now this. It'll be interesting to see what we look like after 20 games. I don't get the sense that the players have really figured out how they fit in yet.

I will say this -- I've seen a lot more stretches of good D from this team. We're not a good defensive team, but there's better effort. Murph was one problem too many on that end of the court, and now it seems like we have a chance to be decent there.

one promblem i see is we dont have a set rotation. changes every game. Needs to be set in a couple games.

Psycho T
11-09-2010, 11:05 PM
I just noticed that Hansbrough was 9 of 12 from the field.. Didnt he miss his first 2 shots? Also liked that block he had.

I dont think McBob has made a free throw yet...? He had an ok game though. Before giving Tyler a breather in the 4th he was sitting at 2 points and 6 or 7 rebounds. Those 2 points came on a nice move though.

kester99
11-09-2010, 11:05 PM
20 in a row is brilliant. Three wins in a row, now....that'd be something.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 11:07 PM
I just noticed that Hansbrough was 9 of 12 from the field.. Didnt he miss his first 2 shots? Also liked that block he had.

I dont think McBob has made a free throw yet...? He had an ok game though. Before giving Tyler a breather in the 4th he was sitting at 2 points and 6 or 7 rebounds. Those 2 points came on a nice move though.

j mac had 10 rebs i think

BlueNGold
11-09-2010, 11:10 PM
We are already clearly a better team than last year...and that's without our starting SG...and early in the season for a young team. I think this team is going to be noted around the league as getting better. Yes, today wasn't any more telling than the Philly game....but we are still clearly more competitive. Rebounds are obviously not the nightmare some thought we might have without Murphy. Scoring apparently isn't a problem either...;<)

MagicRat
11-09-2010, 11:13 PM
They're in the midst of going bananas on the FSN replay if you want to relive it......

Psycho T
11-09-2010, 11:16 PM
j mac had 10 rebs i think

Yes he did. But I am talking about before he came in for that short stretch in the 4th to give Tyler a breather. He got 3 or so extra rebounds in that stretch to get 10.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Yes he did. But I am talking about before he came in for that short stretch in the 4th to give Tyler a breather. He got 3 or so extra rebounds in that stretch to get 10.

ya i love tyler we need him to anchor the 2nd unit we need him and dunleavys scoring on the 2nd unit.

IUfan4life
11-09-2010, 11:20 PM

seriously, more breaking bad

Psyren
11-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Damn, if we get this B. Rush and DunDun, we will be a very tough team to beat.

I've been an avid Brandon basher in the past, but I have nothing but praises for him in this game. Quinn said it best, he looks like a brand new player.

Kemo
11-09-2010, 11:22 PM
I do think this game shows us what this team can be with a top tier sg. That's how rush and dun played together.

We could be a very good team if we can get a big name.

IMO I dont agree so much on your last sentence..

We need Dun and Rush to play at the level that their talent and potential indicate that they CAN play at..

Dun is a streaky yet dead-eye shooter when he is "on" .. I think we will see more consistancy from him as the season progresses, and less streakiness , more consistancy.. I mean COME ON .. He is now just finally getting mentally and physically recovered from a very rare and unprecedented surgery.. Before , we saw a glimpse of what he was capable of when he played out of his mind averaging 19ppg 3 seasons ago..
Sure , at the end of last year , PHYSICALLY he may have felt alright and pain free after coming back way way ahead of schedule.. But he clearly wasn't over the MENTAL roadblock that happens to alot of athletes trying to come back from injury.. Like learning to trust their body again and re-learn their range of motion and feel comfortable again getting over that mental hurdle..

I am quite positive anyone could do a search and see I have said all this before.. and I STILL stick to my guns in regards to how I view Dunleavy as a player and his importance to this team and what he can bring as a glue guy to a team trying to contend ..

So I am not saying anything I haven't already said before..
We WILL see the emergence of Mike this season..

I wonder how long till there is a thread about trading him when his value is high..
So we can get another player to take away minutes from Tyler/McRoberts ..
:rollseyes

I absolutely LOVE this PD forum and community of fans (aka. all of you that make up this wonderful forum)... yet sometimes I really hate it .. due to the fact that people are so whimsical, that they change their mind/opinions ... with the same frequency that they change their underwear....

That is the number 1 trait that I absolutely despise about alot of my fellow Indiana fans ..
They are quick to jump on the bandwagon, and even QUICKER to turn on one of our players with a bat of an eyelash ...

I've said it before , and I'll say it again..
Knowing, that some of our players frequent this forum , it embarasses me a great deal, and makes me feel bad for our guys .... to see some of the ridiculous statements and threads made by forum members ...turncoating... on them like Benedict Arnold..

How would YOU feel if you were Danny or Mike , and you come on here and seen threads about trading you , calling you worthless and etc..

To ME... it would be insulting with all the blood sweat and tears these guys leave out on the court for us .. only to be unappreciated...

I know if I were an NBA player , I wouldn't want to play for Indiana simply because of how the fans treat their players.. One minute they love you, the next they want to run you our of town... Then comes the selective memory ..
Good example .. Rick Carlisle ..
I know for a fact, that the last year , year and a half... especially towards the end , that 90-95% of the fans wanted him the hell out ..couldn't stand his coaching and rotations (along with his handy dandy grocery list he always would fidgit around for in his front pocket multiple times per game)..

Yet now when Carlisle is brought up , everyone just seems to forget why they ran him out of Indiana carrying his own head on a silver platter... Talking about how they wished he coached here again, and how great he is/was ..

That is just one example... but a valid one IMO ..

As Pacer's fans ... we just need to EASE UP on calling for blood at the drop of a hat ..
It really is, no wonder why there aren't any free agent "stars" lining up to come play in Indiana.. wondering from game to game if the fans were gonna turn on them , for having a bad game ...

/Rant off

Sorry guys/gals for the long rant .. .. But I have to stick up for my Pacers ...

If I offended anyone ...
"If the shoe fits..." .... well you know the saying ..

CableKC
11-09-2010, 11:23 PM
He was listed as active because he was in uniform, but he would be listed as DNP - Coaches Decision.
Se....UB was right.....we did win cuz of good coaching. It was a good decision to keep Posey on the bench for the entire duration of the game. ;)

Scot Pollard
11-09-2010, 11:26 PM
:happydanc

Psyren
11-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Se....UB was right.....we did win cuz of good coaching. It was a good decision to keep Posey on the bench for the entire duration of the game. ;)
Exactly where Posey needs to be. I like him for this team to be a leader and a "player-coach". And to hit a clutch 3/Free Throw at the end.

Other than that, his coaching from the bench is exactly where he should be.

IUfan4life
11-09-2010, 11:32 PM
but solo played UGGG :bs:

you want him to not play in a 40 point game?

Noodle
11-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Sorry to be late, but wow what a quarter. Tied for the third best quarter all-time with 54. Buffalo scored the most ever at 58. Phoenix and somebody else I think had 57, only if Josh didn't take that three. I think we should all embrace the fact that we just saw something amazing because we'll most likely never see that kind of quarter ever again in any NBA game, and not worry about what it means for the next game coming.

I stood up the entire 2nd half I was so pumped. I even did the Hibbert bouncing pogo stick dance at one point. They played like they were in NBA Live 11' on rookie with all the AI skills set to 100%. $#!@ was crazy.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Sorry to be late, but wow what a quarter. Tied for the third best quarter all-time with 54. Buffalo scored the most ever at 58. Phoenix and somebody else I think had 57, only if Josh didn't take that three. I think we should all embrace the fact that we just saw something amazing because we'll most likely never see that kind of quarter ever again in any NBA game, and not worry about what it means for the next game coming.

I stood up the entire 2nd half I was so pumped. I even did the Hibbert bouncing pogo stick dance at one point. They played like they were in NBA Live 11' on rookie with all the AI skills set to 100%. $#!@ was crazy.

u mean 2k live doesnt exist lol

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 11:38 PM

i wanted PG24 to start and play the whole 4th not solo. Thoes extra 6mins for paul would help him more than it helped solo. solo doesnt need garbage mins. he is as devolped as he will probly ever be. I dont want to play solo unless josh has fouled out.

PacersPride
11-09-2010, 11:40 PM

We need Dun and Rush to play at the level that their talent and potential indicate that they CAN play at..

Dun is a streaky yet dead-eye shooter when he is "on" .. I think we will see more consistancy from him as the season progresses, and less streakiness , more consistancy.. I mean COME ON .. He is now just finally getting mentally and physically recovered from a very rare and unprecedented surgery.. Before , we saw a glimpse of what he was capable of when he played out of his mind averaging 19ppg 3 seasons ago..
Sure , at the end of last year , PHYSICALLY he may have felt alright and pain free after coming back way way ahead of schedule.. But he clearly wasn't over the MENTAL roadblock that happens to alot of athletes trying to come back from injury.. Like learning to trust their body again and re-learn their range of motion and feel comfortable again getting over that mental hurdle..

I am quite positive anyone could do a search and see I have said all this before.. and I STILL stick to my guns in regards to how I view Dunleavy as a player and his importance to this team and what he can bring as a glue guy to a team trying to contend ..

So I am not saying anything I haven't already said before..
We WILL see the emergence of Mike this season..

I wonder how long till there is a thread about trading him when his value is high..
So we can get another player to take away minutes from Tyler/McRoberts ..
:rollseyes

I absolutely LOVE this PD forum and community of fans ... yet sometimes I really hate it .. due to the fact that people are so whimsical, that they change their mind/opinions ... with the same frequency that they change their underwear....

That is the number 1 trait that I absolutely despise about alot of my fellow Indiana fans ..
They are quick to jump on the bandwagon, and even QUICKER to turn on one of our players with a blink of an eye ...

I've said it before , and I'll say it again..
Knowing, that some of our players frequent this forum , it embarasses me a great deal, and makes me feel bad for our guys .... to see some of the ridiculous statements and threads made by forum members ...turncoating... on them like Benedict Arnold..

I know if I were an NBA player , I wouldn't want to play for Indiana simply because of how the fans treat their players.. One minute they love you, the next they want to run you our of town... Then comes the selective memory ..
Good example .. Rick Carlisle ..
I know for a fact, that the last year , year and a half... especially towards the end , that 90-95% of the fans wanted him the hell out ..couldn't stand his coaching and rotations (along with his handy dandy grocery list he always would fidgit around for in his front pocket multiple times per game)..

Yet now when Carlisle is brought up , everyone just seems to forget why they ran him out of Indiana carrying his own head on a silver platter... Talking about how they wished he coached here again, and how great he is ..

As Pacer's fans ... we just need to EASE UP on calling for blood at the drop of a hat ..
It really is, no wonder why there aren't any free agent "stars" lining up to come play in Indiana.. wondering from game to game if the fans were gonna turn on them , for having a bad game ...

/Rant off

Sorry guys/gals for the long rant .. .. But I have to stick up for my Pacers ...

If I offended anyone ...
"If the shoe fits..." .... well you know the saying ..

this is a well thought out post and is very valid in many ways but i have some disagreements with it as well. first, indiana fans are likely no different than most, and probably "nicer" than many of the fans in say a philly or NY, but thats neither here nor there. these athletes even if they do frequent this site i cant imagine put too much stock into these comments. they understand we want what is best for the team, and i cant imagine its any worse than some of the comments they hear from opposing teams fans, thick skin is a requirement as a professional sports player.

one of my favorite lines ive ever heard was from scot pollard who was once told from a fan; "Pollard you suck!" in so many words.. and pollards response was "at least i get paid alot to suck" or something to that effect. excellent response : )

secondly, i like Dunleavy, and have not been one of those guys on the he sucks bandwagon, i figured it would take some time for him to recover from missing basically the last two seasons, but regardless Dunleavy is a SF, and this team has an allstar and gold medalist already at that position so i only see Dunleavy as a potential backup at the position. where i feel Dun would excel, and his defense would not be exploited at that position. i would love to see Dun re-signed for a reasonable salary but i dont think he will want to backup Granger for 15 minutes a game.

bottom line, i like Dun but he is not a SG, and with Rush/George still very young, that is the direction i feel we need to go. so yes, i would like to see if we can attain a player that would help us elsewhere, like specifically a guy who can b/u Hibbert and play some PF.

third, I loved Carlisle and if it were not for the brawl he would likely still be coaching this team, but Carlisle burned out, im not so sure it was fans who were calling for Carlisle to be fired, it was more about a rebuild; ie getting rid of the Artests, Jacksons, Tinsley's, and a broken down JO. Carlise i think burned out on this team, and it was just time for him to move on, but i respected Carlise and think he is one helluva a coach. was extremely pleased when Carlisle replaced Thomas.

with that said, i do know where your coming from cause i read some comments myself that boggles the mind.. the Larry Bird criticism, Hansbro hate, and some other quotes as well, but i respect everyones opinion and thats what makes this forum great.

Noodle
11-09-2010, 11:41 PM
u mean 2k live doesnt exist lol

Uh, no it actually doesn't. Are you telling a joke? I can never tell with you.

NBA Live 11'/NBA 2K11:confused: As always :confused:

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Uh, no it actually doesn't. Are you telling a joke? I can never tell with you.

NBA Live 11'/NBA 2K11:confused: As always :confused:

nba live 11 was never made it got cancled. nba 2k11 is the only basketball sim on the market this yr.

Im sry i am so horrible at typing i wish i could talk and would put the words on the screen for me. Would be 1000% times easier to read. I just cant spell or type bad combo.

IUfan4life
11-09-2010, 11:45 PM
i wanted PG24 to start and play the whole 4th not solo. Thoes extra 6mins for paul would help him more than it helped solo. solo doesnt need garbage mins. he is as devolped as he will probly ever be. I dont want to play solo unless josh has fouled out.

Solo's minutes and George's minutes do not correlate.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Solo's minutes and George's minutes do not correlate.

in a 40 pt game we could have slide DG33 to the 4 and put Paul at the 3 to start the fouth. Or we could of benched Dg33 for the 4th like we did with Roy.

IUfan4life
11-09-2010, 11:56 PM
in a 40 pt game we could have slide DG33 to the 4 and put Paul at the 3 to start the fouth. Or we could of benched Dg33 for the 4th like we did with Roy.
I see where you're coming from, I just don't think it matters at all the way the game went. Sure Paul could get a few more minutes, but what is he going to learn in a game like this?

flox
11-09-2010, 11:59 PM
I agree Kemo with your entire post.

CableKC
11-10-2010, 12:00 AM
My guess is that he would much rather have preferred to have Magnum to play those minutes in a 40 point game. :(

JonnyB83
11-10-2010, 12:18 AM
The only thing that irked me about the game tonight and believe I'm nitpicking here, is that the coach didn't let Dun come out of the game by himself so that way the crowd could give him the big hand deserved tonight. But anyways the third quarter is about to start on the DVR so I'm off to watch that. This Kool aide sure tastes good

pwee31
11-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Gotta applaud O'Brien tonight! He kept Posey and Solo on the bench where they belong. Roy, JMac and Tyler were the big rotation. Collison got the majority of the minutes at PG.

I hope Paul George can still get minutes, but Granger, Dunleavy and Rush was the right combination of wings to go with tonight.

He kept Roy in, even when Denver went small at times. He let Tyler take a couple bumps after a few missed shots and turnover.

All around good night. Hope we can build on this Friday. I definitely don't expect the say performance, but I hope being at home we can put together another strong performance against a Rockets team without Aaron Brooks... that really handed it to us in the preseason

Day-V
11-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Go Pacers.

imawhat
11-10-2010, 12:43 AM
That was the most fun I've had watching a Pacers game since Jarrett Jack led a post TJ fight Pacers to a victory in Charlotte, 3/21/09. Both of these games will live on my DVR for a long time, along with the Granger tooth game.

Shabazz
11-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Dang, Psycho T just needed one more board.

cdash
11-10-2010, 12:58 AM
That was the most fun I've had watching a Pacers game since Jarrett Jack led a post TJ fight Pacers to a victory in Charlotte, 3/21/09. Both of these games will live on my DVR for a long time, along with the Granger tooth game.

Yeah, I keep watching SportsCenter and NBA Coast to Coast just to see Pacer highlights. It was really fun to watch. Me and my roommate were joking about Dunleavy and all of a sudden the dude just goes bonkers. Highly enjoyable game to watch.

IndyProdigy
11-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Gotta applaud O'Brien tonight! He kept Posey and Solo on the bench where they belong. Roy, JMac and Tyler were the big rotation. Collison got the majority of the minutes at PG.

I hope Paul George can still get minutes, but Granger, Dunleavy and Rush was the right combination of wings to go with tonight.

He kept Roy in, even when Denver went small at times. He let Tyler take a couple bumps after a few missed shots and turnover.

All around good night. Hope we can build on this Friday. I definitely don't expect the say performance, but I hope being at home we can put together another strong performance against a Rockets team without Aaron Brooks... that really handed it to us in the preseason

JOB might be a pacersdigest user now. In fact, it may be flox.

Kuq_e_Zi91
11-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Kobe Bryant: "They did what? You just gotta tip your hat to that. If as a team they made 20 out of 21 field goals they should go play the lottery after the game."

imawhat
11-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Here's a fun stat:

After one game, the Pacers have jumped from 26th in the league in scoring to 9th.

Pacers4Life
11-10-2010, 01:49 AM
everyones about covered everything... but at 3-3 we are a .500 basketball team the deepest into the season in 3 years. :happydanc? :blush:?

Day-V
11-10-2010, 02:04 AM
everyones about covered everything... but at 3-3 we are a .500 basketball team the deepest into the season in 3 years. :happydanc? :blush:?

Weren't we 5-3 last year?

Hibbert
11-10-2010, 02:18 AM
"I don't know how many 3s he hit in a row, but it was like the old NBA Jam," Denver's Ty Lawson said.

kester99
11-10-2010, 02:42 AM

Yes. Then we were 6-13. Oof.

Lance George
11-10-2010, 04:03 AM
Josh McRoberts' NBA legacy: The guy who ruined The Perfect Quarter. On the other hand, Hansbrough is looking like he'll be a quality starting power forward in the not-too-distant future. Jeff Foster-esque hustle and tenacity with 15-20 points per-game potential? Yes, please.

judicata
11-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Josh McRoberts' NBA legacy: The guy who ruined The Perfect Quarter. On the other hand, Hansbrough is looking like he'll be a quality starting power forward in the not-too-distant future. Jeff Foster-esque hustle and tenacity with 15-20 points per-game potential? Yes, please.

ugh.

rel
11-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Was @ the game, sat right behind the nuggets bench. that 3rd quarter was just EPIC

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eUmkYGK-jZg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eUmkYGK-jZg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

judicata
11-10-2010, 04:21 AM
I gotta say, Josh's brick is pretty damn funny.

Major Cold
11-10-2010, 07:44 AM
I like how every attempt Dun was throwing up the play-by-play was saying, "nope". Then as it went on the were celebrating what was happening. To the point when Josh finally missed the announcer sounded disappointed.

Any way it was good to see us dump on a team. If we could do this Friday I would be happy.

Nene was bothering Hibbert a little. But Hibbert kept at it. The Area 55ers chanted on one play when Hibbert had the ball in the post. You need to do that when they have the ball.

DC was electrifying on the offensive end. But he lost his man a least a half dozen times. I really want him to solidify his presence on that end.

BillS
11-10-2010, 09:32 AM
one promblem i see is we dont have a set rotation. changes every game. Needs to be set in a couple games.

Hard to set a rotation when one of the guys you expect to use is suspended the first 5 games.

Justin Tyme
11-10-2010, 09:42 AM
if Josh didn't take that three.

I'm not going to read thru this whole thread, so maybe it has already been said that when Dunleavy was being interviewed he was asked if he/they were aware of being 20 for 20 b4 the last shot. He said no, not until Foster told him after the end of the 3rd qtr. He stated if he had known he would have made McBob give him the ball for the last shot. I thought that was funny, and I'm sure McBob is being razzed for missing the shot.

Great game to have been able to see with Pacer history being made!

Let's not get too over confident b/c Brooks is injured. I thought the Smith kid looked real good in the pre-season game. GO PACERS!!!!!!

bellisimo
11-10-2010, 09:49 AM
anyone know what the record was for most consecutive field goals made by one team in a quarter? I only found for player in a game with Wilt scoring 35 in a row....

pathil275
11-10-2010, 10:16 AM

Do you think that is a phenomenon occuring only in the state of Indiana? I don't, in fact I experienced the same kind of disproportional emotional variations with any team and fanbase I follow. To be more precise, I am speaking of the football (soccer for you guys) team of Borussia Dortmund.

So, while it is not an unique behavior/characteristic and the people of neither Indiana nor Dortmund are particularly unfair in their judgement of their team's performance, it is interesting to ask oneself what the reasons are for exaggerating expectations.

Firstly, when we are talking about sport we're talking about competition, emotions and being hot-headed. The fluctuations regarding the evaluation of the team's overall capability shall be less extreme the more time passed after a game.

Secondly, we take the team's best performance for granted, meaning that we once saw what the guys are capable of and then we do expect them to live up to these artificial expectations night in, night out. Several factors might have influenced the benchmark performance to our favor and remained unconsidered. Like yesterday, that Denver team was on the second night of back-to-back games, is playing mediocre so far (4-4 record, though a tough schedule), might not have the best chemistry (Melo rumors), had a bad shooting night, rested the starters in the second half and has injured key players. To name a few.

Now people, including myself, will expect a similar team effort Friday against a Houston team that is on paper not better than Denver. We beat them 3 out of 4 times in the last years I think, so we might construct that they are a favorable matchup for us. If we're prudent, we might take the personal changes into account that both teams made over the summer (Collison, Posey - Lee, Ariza, Yao healthy and so on) and question the validity of matchup forecasts and past years's results.

Then our team doesn't hit shots, loses confidence, the refs make some bad calls, the past losing seasons come to mind, younger guys don't know how to deal with the situation, and then you lose by a wide margin.

The point is, we are talking about two different things here: first, the emotions that obscure our sight during or shortly after a game. Second, the general assessment of our team's capability. I am fine with people getting frustrated during a game, I really am. I am fed up too when it looks like the team isn't playing hard and I argue that they could play way better than they do in that moment. Of course it doesn't help that I might regret staying up and having just 4 or 5 hours of sleep instead of 8.

But in the end, those emotions are the reason why I am a fan, I starve for the good emotions and bare the negative ones going hand in hand with losses. I share the thrill with the team and its supporters. I want them to compete every day and if I had the chance to compete -let's say by cheering- I'd do that, too. (Damn pond between here and Indy)

It is early to say where this team ranges performance-wise but I am more confident in the group of players than a year ago, probably also more confident than two years ago. This assessement is based on the pre-season impressions, the interviews, general coverage, and the first six games rather than only the last one.

So, looking forward to cheer and joy on Friday, but I'd deal with anger and frustration as well since it is also part of being a supporter. Victories are sweeter if they aren't predictable and maybe come as a rebound after a tough loss.

Mackey_Rose
11-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Good God, kudos to Larry Bird for bringing in Dr. Frankenstein to go to work on Mike Dunleavy's corpse before this game. Unbelievable. I've been a part of the "anti-Dunleavy crowd," but it isn't that I don't like him. He had been just as abysmal through the first five games, as he was amazing last night.

I think Rush should be the starter still, but it was good to see Mike making shots. I had forgotten what that looked like.

It's a shame that there weren't more people there to see it, because that game was a once in a lifetime type of thing. Sorry BillS, it looked like less than 10K to me again.

It just goes to show that when you are team that lives and dies by outside shooting, you are going to have games like that debacle in Philly, and the game we saw last night. Nothing major can be extracted from either one.

OakMoses
11-10-2010, 11:44 AM
While we can't take a bunch away from this game, there are some really positive things:

1. We were 4-14 on 3's in the first half and still scored 59 points and were up by 10.

2. Our good shots, throughout the whole game, came from a lot of really good ball movement. I really hope that we can learn some trust in the offense from this game. If we push the tempo, move around, share the ball, and work for good shots we have the chance to be a pretty good offensive team.

3. We should give Dunleavy some kudos for his defense. 'Melo didn't bring a lot to the table, but I didn't notice a drop-off at all between Granger, Dunleavy, and Rush when guarding him.

BillS
11-10-2010, 11:52 AM
It's a shame that there weren't more people there to see it, because that game was a once in a lifetime type of thing. Sorry BillS, it looked like less than 10K to me again.

With an announced of only 11K, that is not impossible. I wish there was a way to get actual butts-in-seats numbers from someone. Surely someone here has those kind of connections to give us, if not exact numbers (which would be proprietary, I suspect), some idea of the typical %age difference between announced and actual.

Pacers4Life
11-10-2010, 11:53 AM

damnit... if i would just use MY brain instead of listening to what ppl tell me *cough mark boyle cough*

Mackey_Rose
11-10-2010, 12:03 PM
With an announced of only 11K, that is not impossible. I wish there was a way to get actual butts-in-seats numbers from someone. Surely someone here has those kind of connections to give us, if not exact numbers (which would be proprietary, I suspect), some idea of the typical %age difference between announced and actual.

Were you there last night? I'd be interested to hear your estimation. I would guess it was closer to 7 or 8.

Pretty sad really.

Pacers4Life
11-10-2010, 12:11 PM

How would YOU feel if you were Danny or Mike , and you come on here and seen threads about trading you , calling you worthless and etc..

To ME... it would be insulting with all the blood sweat and tears these guys leave out on the court for us .. only to be unappreciated...

Sorry guys/gals for the long rant .. .. But I have to stick up for my Pacers

theres no crying in basketball! That being out of my system I agree with a lot of your post my man. I lack any sort of game experience and/or interesting insights that a lot of posters on here have. But I'm a true fan. I don't complain too much about what we have in regards to how much i CHEER for what we have. If they have a uni and it says "Indiana" on it... they're a part of MY family.

BillS
11-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Were you there last night? I'd be interested to hear your estimation. I would guess it was closer to 7 or 8.

Pretty sad really.

The upper balcony always throws me because there are a lot more seats up there than you might think looking up into the rafters. I think people who estimate small attendances are doing so based on empty seats in the lower deck and club, without realizing you can have a lot of people in the balcony but not really tell because the gaps look bigger.

Mackey_Rose
11-10-2010, 12:49 PM
The upper balcony always throws me because there are a lot more seats up there than you might think looking up into the rafters. I think people who estimate small attendances are doing so based on empty seats in the lower deck and club, without realizing you can have a lot of people in the balcony but not really tell because the gaps look bigger.

So your estimation from last night?

BillS
11-10-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm thinking less than 10K more than 9.5K

ilive4sports
11-10-2010, 12:53 PM
While we can't take a bunch away from this game, there are some really positive things:

1. We were 4-14 on 3's in the first half and still scored 59 points and were up by 10.

2. Our good shots, throughout the whole game, came from a lot of really good ball movement. I really hope that we can learn some trust in the offense from this game. If we push the tempo, move around, share the ball, and work for good shots we have the chance to be a pretty good offensive team.

3. We should give Dunleavy some kudos for his defense. 'Melo didn't bring a lot to the table, but I didn't notice a drop-off at all between Granger, Dunleavy, and Rush when guarding him.

I completely agree with number 2. I didn't watch the whole game, but what I saw was very impressive ball movement. I saw some excellent passes and drive and dishes from Danny last night. He was really trying to get everyone involved it looked like. The one pick and roll with Solo and Danny was beautiful.

Another play that just really stands out, i dont remember when it was, i think the third quarter, but I think it was Roy in the post, passing it out and we swing it completely around the perimeter to find an open DC who pump fakes the three, get the defender in the air and just blazes to the hoop for a layup. It was really great offense last night and damn, every game i just think, DC is :censored:ing fast.

ReggiesUncle
11-10-2010, 12:54 PM

Pretty sad really.

Tuesday night games are always low in attendance

except i bet that heat game on a tues in feb will be pretty full:cool:

Anthem
11-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Hard to set a rotation when one of the guys you expect to use is suspended the first 5 games.
Yeah, that would be hard. Hypothetically, I mean.

It's not the case here (since Obie said Rush was the 4th wing in a 3-wing rotation), but it would be rough.

NuffSaid
11-10-2010, 01:53 PM
All I have to say is that was one impressive quarter of basketball and one game I'm certainly glad I didn't miss.

WOW!!! Un-freakin'-believable!!!

Trophy
11-10-2010, 01:55 PM
When I woke up this morning, I still couldn't believe this was real.

DaveP63
11-10-2010, 02:25 PM

Yes. Yes he is. When he gets his hands on a ball that's usually it because you are NOT getting it away from him...I just love watching people bounce off of him.

vnzla81
11-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Around the horn guys, they are going to talk Pacers again

pacer4ever
11-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Around the horn guys, they are going to talk Pacers again

first time since the brawl probly lol

Trophy
11-10-2010, 05:04 PM
All this recognition is great and this team is well deserving of it.

cordobes
11-10-2010, 05:07 PM

Dunleavy's negative impact on his club defense this season has been grossly overstated. For one reason or the other, opponents just haven't been taking advantage of his poor defensive ability. The one who came closer was Gerald Wallace but the Bobcats didn't really milk that matchup either.

jhondog28
11-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Can someone tell me where to find the dialogue for PTI so i can read it. I know there is a podcast but my work computer (dont get me started) does not have sound.

vnzla81
11-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Can someone tell me where to find the dialogue for PTI so i can read it. I know there is a podcast but my work computer (dont get me started) does not have sound.

PTI is not on yet, but they talked about the Pacers in around the horn and were talking about the almost perfect quarter, the Host also called Mcroberts Mcbob :laugh:

One of the guys was saying that he understand Mcbob no passing the ball, he said that Hansbrough abused him in college(Mcbob)because of that he didn't want to pass the ball and that if he gave the ball to Hans he was never going to give it back(joke)

Noodle
11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Dunleavy's negative impact on his club defense this season has been grossly overstated. For one reason or the other, opponents just haven't been taking advantage of his poor defensive ability. The one who came closer was Gerald Wallace but the Bobcats didn't really milk that matchup either.

Cordobes, that's because team's fail when they are predictable, and to do this the coach would need to call for isolation, which is hard to justify with a shot-blocking beast in Hibbert down low who has been great coming weakside this season. Plus, Dunleavy is mostly exposed off the dribble, but he is very long for his position, which allows him to get a hand up on a jump shooter easily whenever the shooter realizes going to the rack isn't the best shot available with Dunleavy being backed up by a giant. So, it has played into our hands this season thanks to Roy and even Josh. Still would rather see Rush work his way into the starting rotation, and I think he will.

vnzla81
11-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Is time for PTI, they are going to also talk about the pacers in a minute

Ransom
11-10-2010, 05:50 PM
I happen to be in Indiana (I live in Arkansas) this week and on a whim, my dad bought 2 tickets online (my brother, a friend and family already had tickets, except they were in section 114 and we were in 17, near the front. Quite a game to catch! A pleasant surprise for everyone.

We didn't realize until after the 3rd what had happened. We just knew mike and the Pacers were on fire.

It's unfortunate the attendance is so sparce, but I A55 was certainly spirited. Good job on your part. All in all great night for the Pacers and it's nice to have a positive basketball related news story come out for the team.

mekoxavier1
11-10-2010, 06:59 PM
I bought season tickets this year. The game last night was awsome. Here's to a great season!!

Sookie
11-10-2010, 07:00 PM

Yup, other teams have been taking advantage of Collison more. (Who is, quite frankly, just as bad)

But, we really haven't played top tier SGs yet, with the exception of Manu (who did go off)

boombaby_rm31
11-10-2010, 07:19 PM
amazing game. i wish all our games are like this. lol

Naptown_Seth
11-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Yup, other teams have been taking advantage of Collison more. (Who is, quite frankly, just as bad)

But, we really haven't played top tier SGs yet, with the exception of Manu (who did go off)
Ditto on both counts. I thought that Collison's defensive effort last night was improved however. But man, Parker (for example) was just blowing right past DC. His "defense" is that he goes right back at his guy at the other end, which is one way of dealing with it I guess, ala Granger's "defense".

I'm way late to this party and someone's probably rained on it already, but let me jump in and add to that...well kinda.

First off, until the 3rd Dun's night was really more of the same and there was no indication of the quarter to come. People reading into a guy who's gone 25-35% from 3 for MONTHS at a time being A-OK because of a quarter nearly unprecedented are making a mistake.

No one on here and I mean no one would have bet a week's salary on Dun having a 24 pt quarter EVER, let alone currently.

And to add to that I'd say that Tyler was extra abnormally hot from the deep jumper. Can he make those? Sometimes. But he got way hotter than you can count on.

Collison also was hotter from 3 than we can hope for.

And on top of all this is the obvious fact which has no doubt been made by someone already that Denver is a disinterested defensive team on game 4 in 5 nights on the road. And that's a perfect formula for a better than normal offensive 3rd quarter for opponents who often come out of the locker room flat from the cool down.

I enjoyed the ride, I was stunned to see Dun carrying the majority of it, and I sure as hell didn't consider a lot of those longer makes "open" shots. In fact some were rather low quality as Denver regrouped and began to dial up the defense.

But on the plus side we had this list:

Collison was sharp on defense and in pushing the tempo right off the bat. He hit some tougher jumpers but he was also the aggressor on both ends all night and often a one man fast break.

Rush came back and looked like a man on a mission to prove himself. His defense was ramped up - ie, stealing the ball from behind Melo and going the other way with it - and his scoring was typically aggressive going to the rim.

In fact prior to the 3rd quarter this was 100% a story about how DC and Rush were owning.

McRoberts and Tyler were on their A games, Josh making some brilliant passes and his overall athletic/physical game, and Tyler hitting more of what I'm coming to accept as his reliable "junk ball" shots centered around brute force. I've obviously doubted that translating to the NBA, but at the very least he's going to be able to succeed against anyone not prepared to bring a ton of force right back at him.

Roy was really out of synch but as Denver let him gather his game on the inside he was able to play his way back into the flow.

Danny was not special, but he was in standard Danny form.

On top of that we saw very interesting, quality lineups from JOB, which included defensive based groups like DC, Rush, George, Tyler and McBob.

I felt like JOB was working the rotation very well all night.

In fact I'm almost sorry that the 3rd quarter overshadowed some of these other positives because I think those are hopeful signs for reliable success while the 3rd quarter miracle was a fleeting moment of magic.

I'm not trying to discount or knock Dun's outing. It was brilliant and impressive. If this is a sign of offense to come then it means the Pacers are loaded.

Do we really think this team is loaded or without flaw because of one night, really one magic quarter? We shouldn't. The nights are coming when the Pacers roll into Boston, Utah or LA on the 4th game in 5 nights of a West trip and suddenly the offensive flow will mysteriously disappear.

What we really have is a team that can be the Philly game one night and the Denver game a week later. The talent, the offensive system, and the team as a whole aren't the Denver game, but hopefully the positives we saw last night mean they aren't the Philly game either.

Sookie
11-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Ditto on both counts. I thought that Collison's defensive effort last night was improved however. But man, Parker (for example) was just blowing right past DC. His "defense" is that he goes right back at his guy at the other end, which is one way of dealing with it I guess, ala Granger's "defense".

I felt like JOB was working the rotation very well all night.

With the exception of TJ/AJ...but I think we're going to have to wait until TJ is physically off the team, or until he annoys JOB..which although not playing good, he hasn't played like he did at times last season..

I think Darren always tries. Offensively, he may not get it all the time..he may want to hold onto the ball. But he tries. He's never a disinterested defender (which is Ford's flaw) He just has a tendency to go for steals which gets him killed, and he loses his guy when his guy moves..and the fact that he's small means that guys shoot over him.

I think he could grow to be a real pest though. He's so energetic, he's just playing on defensive instincts that happen to be poor defensive habbits. I think between him and Hans, our team could be a really annoying team to play against. And I really though Collison was the reason we won this game, from the begining he set the tone. (obviously I missed the third quarter..but I don't think Collison would have let us lose this one)

IndyPacer
11-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Rush came back and looked like a man on a mission to prove himself. His defense was ramped up - ie, stealing the ball from behind Melo and going the other way with it - and his scoring was typically aggressive going to the rim.

I can't think of anything in basketball that's more satisfying to me that watching one of your players torture and strip the opponent's best player and take it to the other end. I'll take that over ESPN's flashy SportsCenter highlight dunks any day of the week.

We're not going to see play like in this game regularly, but it was very nice to see what can happen when they put things together and go on a hot streak.

cordobes
11-10-2010, 08:45 PM

Yeps, Manu scored 22 points; but only 3 when guarded by Dunleavy.

Naptown_Seth
11-10-2010, 08:57 PM
I think some other posters are a game or two away from looking pretty foolish.

When someone MATCHES their 3P makes for the first 5 games (6) in one game, it might just mean people weren't wrong to complain.

Dun just went 9-13 (6-10). That RAISED his TOTAL FG(3P)% on the year to a kick-butt 41%(34%).

It took an epic, nearly unmatched ever effort for one quarter of one game to get his numbers from "bench this dude" to "limit this guy's minutes".

RON ARTEST is outshooting Dun from 3 at this point (36%). Ron "you think that was a bad shot, watch this" Artest.

As for "this is the Mike we know", are you telling me that the 60% (100% in the 3rd) from 3 Mike is the one you know? Because the Mike I know has the following season totals from 3:
35%
37%
39%
29%
31%
43%
36%
32%
and was shooting 24% on the year before last night

I see 3 seasons above 36% and 5 at or below 36% and working on a 6th.

I hate it even having to get to this because I'm not thrilled with having to belittle his night. But I'll be GD if I'm going to sit back and let outrageous, unreasonable opinions be thrown at people who had a lot of evidence building to back their feeling that Mike wasn't playing that well.

Even in this same game Mike was 1-5 from 3 without that 5-5 3rd quarter, 2-6 overall FG without the 7-7 of the 3rd.

Heck, his epic struggle to find the basket makes it even more amazing. The guy entered the 3rd quarter shooting (DEN first half included):
34% FG
23% 3P

Then, just as expected, he went 7-7 (5-5) and not one of those was less than 19 ft away. You know, because that's normal.

If it was the plot of Teen Wolf 3 you'd say it was too fake.

I don't know how it happened and I don't care, it was basketball miraculous.

Naptown_Seth
11-10-2010, 09:00 PM
With the exception of TJ/AJ...but I think we're going to have to wait until TJ is physically off the team, or until he annoys JOB..which although not playing good, he hasn't played like he did at times last season..
Yeah, I've resigned myself to this same opinion. If TJ is coming off the bench and is functioning pretty well and we are seeing strong minutes for all the other kids then I can live with it. Clearly if AJ was a center of similar talent level he'd be getting plenty of PT.

I do think we are seeing more and more of regular TJ slip in and I wonder how long that can go. His last few games haven't been the quality of the first 2.

pacer4ever
11-10-2010, 09:00 PM

When someone MATCHES their 3P makes for the first 5 games (6) in one game, it might just mean people were wrong to complain.

Dun just went 9-13 (6-10). That RAISED his TOTAL FG(3P)% on the year to a kick-butt 41%(34%).

It took an epic, nearly unmatched ever effort for one quarter of one game to get his numbers from "bench this dude" to "limit this guy's minutes".

RON ARTEST is outshooting Dun from 3 at this point (36%). Ron "you think that was a bad shot, watch this" Artest.

As for "this is the Mike we know", are you telling me that the 60% (100% in the 3rd) from 3 Mike is the one you know? Because the Mike I know has the following season totals from 3:
35%
37%
39%
29%
31%
43%
36%
32%

I hate it even having to get to this because I'm not thrilled with having to belittle his night. But I'll be GD if I'm going to sit back and let outrageous, unreasonable opinions be thrown at people who had a lot of evidence building to back their feeling that Mike wasn't playing that well.

Even in this same game Mike was 1-5 from 3 without that 5-5 3rd quarter, 2-6 overall FG without the 7-7 of the 3rd.

Heck, his epic struggle to find the basket makes it even more amazing. The guy entered the 3rd quarter shooting (DEN first half included):
34% FG
23% 3P

Then, just as expected, he went 7-7 (5-5) and not one of those was less than 19 ft away. You know, because that's normal.

great post ! fun to read

vnzla81
11-10-2010, 09:21 PM
In fact prior to the 3rd quarter this was 100% a story about how DC and Rush were owning.

I agree, that was the reason why I posted the Mike and Rush show but I forgot about Darren :blush:

cdash
11-10-2010, 09:32 PM

When someone MATCHES their 3P makes for the first 5 games (6) in one game, it might just mean people weren't wrong to complain.

35%
37%
39%
29%
31%
43%
36%
32%

34% FG
23% 3P

Obviously, we all know that isn't going to happen again. I think we all figured that much without you coming in to save us all from ignorance with your knowledge.

Most people are pretty fair with their assessment of Dunleavy. Even his supporters would admit the guy has been awful this season, up until the 3rd quarter of last game. That post which you replied to was more driven towards those people who say he shouldn't get any playing time, that he shouldn't be in the league anymore (yes, that was actually said, I'm not using hyperbole), who jump all over his back every time he misses a shot or a guy blows by him on defense. I don't expect him to play like that every night, and I don't think the guy is the answer at shooting guard by any stretch of the imagination.

And I hate to be the Seth to the Brandon Rush Kool-Aid drinkers, but that, too, was just one game out of him that goes against a whole bevy of evidence to the contrary. While I agree, he looked much different last night, I think it deserves to be pointed out that he has shown flashes before, only to relapse back into his tentative self.

Sookie
11-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I've resigned myself to this same opinion. If TJ is coming off the bench and is functioning pretty well and we are seeing strong minutes for all the other kids then I can live with it. Clearly if AJ was a center of similar talent level he'd be getting plenty of PT.

I do think we are seeing more and more of regular TJ slip in and I wonder how long that can go. His last few games haven't been the quality of the first 2.

I'm not happy. :laugh: shocking. And for more reasons, than the obvious which is, I want to see Price play. (because he's earned the right to play..)

I think for right now, TJ is, either getting lucky or working really hard to keep his "would be turnovers" not turnovers. (Heck, when he got double teamed and passed to McRoberts who missed, that's typically a turnover.) Some of the passes he makes..typically turnovers, but they haven't been. When he dribbles too far into the paint..he's been getting lucky when he passes out too. I'm not sure why..perhaps other teams haven't scouted him well yet, or the bench rotations on the other teams don't know to look out for that with Ford. My guess is the "luck" or whatever it is, won't last though. (And yes, he hasn't played that well since the first two games.)

But Ford's being smart too I think. He'll be traded (hopefully sooner rather than later) and I'm sure he wants to go to a team that wants him for more than his contract.

Part Timer
11-10-2010, 09:54 PM

The run of 20 shots in the 3rd quarter as a team was miraculous. Dunleavy's personal run in the quarter was not normal, but it's still possible on any given night in an NBA game.

spazzxb
11-12-2010, 02:27 AM
Just thought I would mention that Denver just beat the Lakers.

Also for the poster above, Ray Allen made 7 3's in a row tonight.

Kemo
11-12-2010, 02:36 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W57l7AwvAlc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W57l7AwvAlc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sookie
11-12-2010, 02:46 AM
The run of 20 shots in the 3rd quarter as a team was miraculous. Dunleavy's personal run in the quarter was not normal, but it's still possible on any given night in an NBA game.

For the record, the Uconn Women's team I watch went made their first 12 shots of the game, and went 17-18 in the first 12 minutes of the game..kinda funny. (their last exhibition game)