PDA

View Full Version : In three years the Pacers will be.........

jhondog28
11-09-2010, 05:16 PM
In this thread all you have to do is finish the sentence.

Mine is in three years the Pacers will be the 6th seed in the East and finish with a record of 44-38 and Brandon Rush and JOB will no longer be on the team.

Trophy
11-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Why won't Rush be here?

......making the playoffs for a second year in a row finishing 6th with a record of 46-36.

I Love P
11-09-2010, 05:19 PM
3 time NBA champions

Unclebuck
11-09-2010, 05:20 PM
In three years, the only players still here will be Hibbert, George, Collison, and Hansbrough. O'Brien won't be the coach and the Pacers will win 53 games and get to the second round of the playoffs.

And for those of you who think I'm crazy in regards to only 4 remaining players from this season. Go back three years and only 3 players are still here. Foster, Granger and Dunleavy. Things change in a hurry.

I debated whether Granger will stil be here, I'll predict he won;'t be

Psyren
11-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Sadly, probably the same as right now.

jhondog28
11-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Why won't Rush be here?

......making the playoffs for a second year in a row finishing 6th with a record of 46-36.

He will be a tree hugging hippie who will look at basketball as a violent and inhumane sport. He will team up with Michael Vick and they together will join PETA and go on to form a reality TV show where they hunt down animal cruelty and throw flaming bags at poop on all those who oppose them.

Trophy
11-09-2010, 05:25 PM
In three years, the only players currently on the roster who will still be on the roster will be Hibbert, George, Collison, and Hansbrough. O'Brien won't be the coach and the pacers will win 53 games and get to the second round of the playoffs.

I think Granger and McRoberts will still be here.

Especially Granger. He, Hibbert, and Collison are the last guys that this team will likely move. That's our "big 3".

I wouldn't think anyone in the front office would get rid of Granger even if Bird is no longer the president, but I think he'll still be here.

Trophy
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
He will be a tree hugging hippie who will look at basketball as a violent and inhumane sport. He will team up with Michael Vick and they together will join PETA and go on to form a reality TV show where they hunt down animal cruelty and throw flaming bags at poop on all those who oppose them.

:wtf:

jhondog28
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM

Especially Granger. He, Hibbert, and Collison are the last guys that this team will likely move. That's our "big 3".

I wouldn't think anyone in the front office would get rid of Granger even if Bird is no longer the president, but I think he'll still be here.

I would think that if Granger for the next two years does not sniff the playoffs i could see him kind of forcing the hand of the front office to trade him to a winner. Years of losing can change a person's desire to remain in one place.

PaceBalls
11-09-2010, 05:29 PM
... Jim will be entering the final year of his 3 year extension. Troy Murphy will be in year 3 of his 2011 free agent signing for 50 million. Mike Dunleavy will have 2 years and 12 million left on his extension. Granger will be gone, who was traded for Kevin Love, who will be making 30 mil over the next 2 years.

Pacers will be ranked 29th in the Hollinger power rankings :p

Ok, that's not what I want to happen.

Trophy
I would think that if Granger for the next two years does not sniff the playoffs i could see him kind of forcing the hand of the front office to trade him to a winner. Years of losing can change a person's desire to remain in one place.

Danny isn't a loser. I don't know where people get that idea from.

If anything, he's the one of the few on the team really contributing in getting us wins.

Unclebuck

McRoberts? No way, he'll be out of the NBA, selling insurance. I kid, I kid. It is just a joke.

Unclebuck
11-09-2010, 05:31 PM

George will make Granger expendable.

jhondog28
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Danny isn't a loser. I don't know where people get that idea from.

If anything, he's the one of the few on the team really contributing in getting us wins.

Never said he was a loser. What I said is that a losing environment can change a players perspective. Look at Amare, LBJ, Bosh for example. They have at least been in the playoffs. If the Pacers did not make the playoffs in 2 years are you telling me that Granger would not even have an inkling to change venues?

Trophy
11-09-2010, 05:40 PM

A wing lineup of those 2 in the future is going to be fun to see.

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 05:40 PM
The Vegas Pacers

IndyProdigy
11-09-2010, 05:41 PM
The Vegas Pacers

haha thats funny but i hope not

IUfan4life
11-09-2010, 05:42 PM
29th in Hollinger's power rankings

Hicks
11-09-2010, 05:49 PM
... better than they are now.

Bball
11-09-2010, 05:51 PM
In three years the Pacers will be.........
Pick one or more:

A. Grace's favorite team.

B. Asking the city for more money.

C. The newest NBADL team

D. Owned by Larry Bird

E. Coached by Scott Skiles

F. Still coached by Jim O'Brien and playing in an empty arena

G. Back in the playoffs

H. A regular playoff participant

I. Contracted

J. Putting a smile on the faces of Hoosiers everywhere.

---
I'm pretty sure I got something right in all those guesses...

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Celebrating that JOB is finally gone

Brad8888
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
...still in existence, and in Indiana, hopefully.

MyFavMartin
11-09-2010, 06:06 PM
A regular playoff participant and making a run at the championship.

Trophy
11-09-2010, 06:12 PM
We made a deal with the city for us to remain at the Fieldhouse and we're having an increase in attendance each season so leaving Indiana is the least of our troubles.

Really?
11-09-2010, 06:22 PM
We made a deal with the city for us to remain at the Fieldhouse and we're having an increase in attendance each season so leaving Indiana is the least of our troubles.

For now....

Trophy
11-09-2010, 06:24 PM
For now....

We're only gonna get better.

If we keep the core we have and allow the players to develop under a new head coach we'll be successful and return to the playoffs.

This will draw interest in.

The last thing anyone wants to be talking about is the Pacers leaving.

MTM
11-09-2010, 06:29 PM
under new general management, under a new coach, and with a roster that looks nearly entirely different than the current roster, except Hibbert, Collinson and Granger. And... winning.

Lord Helmet
11-09-2010, 06:30 PM
maybe the 8th seed, but probably just 9th.

pizza guy
11-09-2010, 06:38 PM
....the most complete team in the NBA with a new coach.

dlewyus
11-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Trying to figure out how to keep our young core together as their rookie contracts run out, and they can command more $$$$$$$$. In other words, back in cap hell.

beast23
11-09-2010, 07:05 PM
In 3 years (2013/2014) our record will be 50-32 and the current players still on the roster will be c-Hibbert, sf-Granger, pg-Collison, sg-George, 3rd big-Hansbrough and possibly 4th big-McRoberts.

I added McRoberts because I believe that he wants to be here in Indy and will re-sign with the Pacers for a very reasonable contract rather than accepting a higher offer from another team. He might be lower on the bench than 4th big... but lets go with 4th big for now.

Oh, by he way JOB will be gone and a new rule will be adopted by Hicks that provides for immediate and permanent banishment for anyone that refers to JOB in a post.

NapTonius Monk
11-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Who could possibly know. I'm more interested in what we'll be by the end of this one. Maturity and continuity would probably do wonders for this team, being as young as it is.

ksuttonjr76
11-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Playoff contention with epic battles against the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, and Orlando Magic. I believe the Miami Heat will be the team to beat for years to come in the Eastern Conference, BUT...it seems like Indiana is/will be the team best built to beat this Miami.

Slick Pinkham
11-10-2010, 10:45 AM
a team that is comfortably above 0.500 that, on good nights, can play with anyone.

eneric
11-10-2010, 11:02 AM
This year's team is THE MOST promising team I've seen since Reggie retired. Our four core players are by far Granger, Hibbert, Hanbrough and Collison followed closely by Dunleavy. I think if O'brien can keep a regular starting lineup and allow all these players to find their individual roles night in and night out we could be VERY dangerous and only get better. We have a great mix of atheleticism and strength, height and speed. And next year is the year we'll have a lot of money freed up, who do we get? Who will be available? Obivously not a Kobe or Carmello type of player but what about a Boozer type?

MLB007
11-10-2010, 11:30 AM
In three years, the only players still here will be Hibbert, George, Collison, and Hansbrough. O'Brien won't be the coach and the Pacers will win 53 games and get to the second round of the playoffs.

And for those of you who think I'm crazy in regards to only 4 remaining players from this season. Go back three years and only 3 players are still here. Foster, Granger and Dunleavy. Things change in a hurry.

But lots of players NEEDED to be culled from 3 years ago.
Now we have a young base of guys still improving.
I'd wager that most of our core will be here 3 years from now.
Danny, maybe.

dohman
11-10-2010, 11:38 AM
A basketball team

Sparhawk
11-10-2010, 12:50 PM

If Granger won't be here in 3 years, I just hope the Pacers are able to sell high and not low. A lot can happen in 3 years.

ksuttonjr76
11-10-2010, 01:16 PM
If Granger won't be here in 3 years, I just hope the Pacers are able to sell high and not low. A lot can happen in 3 years.

He'll be here. Why would he not? The fairweather fans are the only ones that keep looking to trade him for high draft picks and young talent.

Mackey_Rose
11-10-2010, 01:18 PM
He'll be here. Why would he not? The fairweather fans are the only ones that keep looking to trade him for high draft picks and young talent.

I wouldn't consider anyone that has stuck with the Pacers through these last several seasons "fairweather fans."

vnzla81
11-10-2010, 01:28 PM

I would like for the Pacers to sell high, but when have you seen the Pacers doing this? even if PG becomes the guy we expect him to be I don't see the Pacers trading Danny, he'll be here forever until his trade value is low.

MyFavMartin
11-10-2010, 01:43 PM
still being screwed by Stern?

:tinfoil:

Day-V
11-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Be ranked 7th overall on NBA 2K14

MLB007
11-10-2010, 02:58 PM

That's not at all true.
The truth is that he is by far our most valuable trade piece.
And he's at a position that is now a strength and he MAY have a guy behind him that's just as good, getting paid a lot less and is a lot younger.
That = Trade potential down the road to fill a need.
Has NOTHING to do with being dissatisfied with our BEST PLAYER. ;)

Trader Joe
11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
...better than the Colts.

Heisenberg
11-10-2010, 05:57 PM
That's not at all true.
The truth is that he is by far our most valuable trade piece.
And he's at a position that is now a strength and he MAY have a guy behind him that's just as good, getting paid a lot less and is a lot younger.
That = Trade potential down the road to fill a need.
Has NOTHING to do with being dissatisfied with our BEST PLAYER. ;)I think Hibbert's got the most trade value on the team, and by a pretty large margin. A 3rd year true C putting up 16/9/4/3 on a middle 1st round rookie contract versus a jumpshooting wing on a $10mm per contract. I don't mean to disparage Danny or anything, I just think if we wanted to put Roy on the market, just for s's and giggles, he'd have EXTREMELY high value.

Mackey_Rose
11-10-2010, 06:02 PM
...better than the Colts.

Peyton has more than three years left.

So very doubtful.

pizza guy
11-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Be ranked 7th overall on NBA 2K14

I have nothing to say about your post. I quoted you just to say that your avatar is awesome.

Trader Joe
11-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Peyton has more than three years left.

So very doubtful.

Assuming Peyton never declines, I guess I'd agree with you, but I don't think that will be the case.

I'd say he has this year and the next left at this current level.

Mackey_Rose
11-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Assuming Peyton never declines, I guess I'd agree with you, but I don't think that will be the case.

I'd say he has this year and the next left at this current level.

We will see, but (knock on wood) the guy hasn't taken a lot of hits and he plays more of a cerebral game anyway and doesn't rely on his physical gifts as much. So as long as he doesn't have to deal with too many injuries, I see him continuing to be very good late into his career.

My opinion is that as long as Peyton is healthy, the Colts are a serious Super Bowl contender every season.

I don't see the Pacers contending for an NBA title in the next 3 years.

woowoo
11-11-2010, 10:55 AM

Exactly, ...... and the sooner this happens the better.

Sparhawk
11-11-2010, 11:10 AM
I would like for the Pacers to sell high, but when have you seen the Pacers doing this? even if PG becomes the guy we expect him to be I don't see the Pacers trading Danny, he'll be here forever until his trade value is low.

I hope Granger remains a Pacer for life. That being said, if the Pacers do eventually trade him, I hope they sell high instead of waiting for his performance to decline and then trade.

I want to see a Granger-George combo for years to come. Along with Collison, Hibbert, Hans & Lance (hopefully he develops), this team is just a couple of pieces away from being in the playoffs consistently year after year.

BringJackBack
11-11-2010, 11:21 AM
How do we even know if George is going to become some kind of star?

I'm a huge fan of George and I think he'll be our best player in a couple years as well, but we can't just go off and trade Danny because we think we have something special. Who knows, Paul George might never develop and try to leave town his first chance. He may average 8 three point attempts per game, may never get to the line, be a lazy passer, etc.

Unclebuck
11-11-2010, 11:35 AM

I'm a huge fan of George and I think he'll be our best player in a couple years as well, but we can't just go off and trade Danny because we think we have something special. Who knows, Paul George might never develop and try to leave town his first chance. He may average 8 three point attempts per game, may never get to the line, be a lazy passer, etc.

That is all 100% true. But this thread is asking us to make 3 year predictions, so you are correct we don't know, but it is fun to look down the road.

I think George is going to be special. Have not felt this good about a rookie since Granger's rookie season and maybe even before then.

MLB007
11-11-2010, 11:36 AM

Danny is a minor star.
A very good player who is our star because we don't have anyone better.
Yet.......
As for Paul, we can use our EYES and the games we've seen to date, including summer league and preseason. ;)
Sure there's no guarantee, but it's not like he hasn't SHOWN exceptional quickness for a 6'9" guy with very long arms and supernatural hops.
You do realize we've not seen him explode yet right?

Oh and 7 steals in a game means you PROBABLY can be pretty good defensively. :D

He's very young, came out early, he's only played wing for a couple of years and he's playing in the rotation immediately as a true rookie.

(there's some flags waving there, and they aren't red.) :)

daschysta
11-11-2010, 02:12 PM
imo we will be competing for HC advantage in the east.

Granger will still be around and at a similar level, he doesn't have the type of game that should show some dramatic dropoff around 30, like more athletic reliant players would.

Hibbert will squeeze every ounce of potential that he has out of his body, and should be competing for the all star game.

Collison has the potential to be a fringe allstar, but will likely not make it with Wall and Rose in the Conference.

George could be averaging around 20 per game for the first time, and rush will perhaps still be around.

We have a really solid young core that will be entering it's collective prime in 3 years. I'm not sure that miami stays together if they don't win the championship within 2 years, we'll have a chance to be a darkhorse in any given playoff series.