PDA

View Full Version : Dunleavy sprained his knee, but will still start

Trophy
11-09-2010, 02:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/injuries

Mike Dunleavy Day-to-Day Nov 8
Comment: Pacers coach Jim O'Brien is sticking with Dunleavy (knee) as the starting shooting guard, according to Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star.

Mike Dunleavy Day-to-Day Nov 7
Comment: Dunleavy did not practice Saturday because of a sprained right knee, the Indianapolis Star reports. This injury does not appear to be serious and is not related to the surgery he had on the same knee in March 2009.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 02:54 PM
hopefully he gets benched soon

Arcaneknight
11-09-2010, 03:10 PM
I hope he doesn't get benched soon. We need him whether you hate him or not.

graphic-er
11-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I hope he doesn't get benched soon. We need him whether you hate him or not.

I beg to differ, we have Rush and George on the Wing who should be getting most the minutes because they can commit to defense. This first unit needs a defender. Not a guy who is gonna run around and throw up bricks when he is open.

Arcaneknight
11-09-2010, 03:41 PM
I beg to differ, we have Rush and George on the Wing who should be getting most the minutes because they can commit to defense. This first unit needs a defender. Not a guy who is gonna run around and throw up bricks when he is open.

We can just disagree. I think Dunleavy is much better than either Rush or George.

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 03:54 PM
We can just disagree. I think Dunleavy is much better than either Rush or George.

:wtf:

BringJackBack
11-09-2010, 03:58 PM
I think that I can speak for a lot of people when I say that I am not suprised.

Trophy
11-09-2010, 04:02 PM

:50cent:

Brandon and Paul are far better defensively and are much more consistent.

CableKC
11-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Let's be fair here.....from what I can gather.....ESPN is getting 2nd hand info from IndyStar via some articles and/or Twitters that we have recently seen by Wells and Co. There is nothing that specifically quotes anything from JO'B saying that Dunleavy or BRush will start other then supposition on ESPNs part.

Until tip-off and we see who is actually starting at the SG spot....let's not complain about JO'B and his Starting rotations. As Mackey_Rose has mentioned....there is plenty of time to complain about that after the game.

graphic-er
11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
:50cent:

Brandon and Paul are far better defensively and are much more consistent.

What is hilarious is that Dunleavy is essentially putting up the almost the same dismal numbers that Rush was putting up this time last year when everyone said he was a bust.

Eleazar
11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
What is hilarious is that Dunleavy is essentially putting up the almost the same dismal numbers that Rush was putting up this time last year when everyone said he was a bust.

Not only that, but he is doing it while playing far worse defense, and shooting a far worse percentage.

Trophy
11-09-2010, 04:19 PM

Rush definitly has more potential to improve his offense and he really worked on it in the offseason.

I wasn't one of those people who was writing him off last season. I think he can be a reliable role player for us between the defense and some offensive improvements.

MillerTime
11-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Isnt Rush back today?

Might as well start him

jhondog28
11-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Dont we already have enough Dunleavy sucks threads going right now. Can someone at least try and attempt to be original.

Hicks
11-09-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm sure playing on a sprained knee will help his game.

cdash
11-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Annnnnnd here we go again.

Scot Pollard
11-09-2010, 04:47 PM
if he tears his acl again then we dont have to deal with him

for his sake im not wishing for that to happen

ksuttonjr76
11-09-2010, 04:50 PM

You didn't know. Dunleavy will put up 20 point tonight.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 04:53 PM
You didn't know. Dunleavy will put up 20 point tonight.

no probly 40 pts wit his high bb IQ lol

Scot Pollard
11-09-2010, 04:59 PM
i hope he scores 0 and rush and george finish with 20 each

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 05:02 PM
i hope he scores 0 and rush and george finish with 20 each

me to i dont wish anyone to get hurt but i am tired of him playing he sucks. He wont be here next yr time to put him on the inactive list.

Unclebuck
11-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Dunleavy cannot get out of bed, but will still start.

Scot Pollard
11-09-2010, 05:06 PM
me to i dont wish anyone to get hurt but i am tired of him playing he sucks. He wont be here next yr time to put him on the inactive list.

if we had a good coach that knew he was going to stay for a while longer he would be using the young guys because thats who will be here for him

obrien doesnt care very much about this team or paul george

the dumb guy thinks posey should play instead of hansbrough

i want to see a lot of rush and george tonight

my girlfriend loves rush and cant wait to see him play tonight too
rush is her favorite pacer

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 05:07 PM

I don't think you need two healthy knees to run in circles.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 05:07 PM

he is JOBs man crush he will play 37 mins 2nite book it. Just like TRoy Murphy JOB thinks Dunleavy is our MVP LOL.

Scot Pollard
11-09-2010, 05:08 PM

thats obrien for ya

hed rather start and overuse old injured players instead of young players who are pumped up to play

Sookie
11-09-2010, 07:14 PM
It's admirable that these guys play through their injuries.

But you don't mess with hamstrings, and you don't mess with knees...particularly when you've had career threatening knee injuries.

I've seen fans complain about the Pacers having the worst injury luck. It's not luck. It's stupidity.

Playing though pain is fine..but when that injury could develope into something worse..those players need to heal. It's an 82 game season...

And just like with Ford..this is incredibly dumb..because..you know..we've only got three other shooting guards on the team that are capable of playing as well as Dun.

NapTonius Monk
11-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Difference being, Rush can compensate more for that on the defensive end than can Dunleavy. (I like Mike btw).

Anthem
11-09-2010, 10:00 PM
no probly 40 pts wit his high bb IQ lol
Here's hoping... it's within reach.

travmil
11-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Maybe we could get Mike to sprain his knee before every game...

BringJackBack
11-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Maybe we could get Mike to sprain his knee before every game...

He did sit out practice Sunday or Monday... I wonder his slumps have to do with fatigue.

Sookie
11-09-2010, 11:06 PM
He did sit out practice Sunday or Monday... I wonder his slumps have to do with fatigue.

I really think so.

I don't think he has very much endurance.

Hicks
11-09-2010, 11:35 PM
But he was still bricking shots in the first half. I don't think it was fatigue.

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 11:37 PM
But he was still bricking shots in the first half. I don't think it was fatigue.

I think it was after he came back, Brush to me was the one that set the tone by been agressive, in the previous games Dunleavy was playing to not end.

danman
11-09-2010, 11:38 PM
This just in: MD decapitates Pacers Digest thread and strolls away, laughing like a maniac.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 11:42 PM
some people in the pacers organzation i talked to said he wasnt injured that is just inaccurate

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 11:43 PM
I think it was after he came back, Brush to me was the one that set the tone by been agressive, in the previous games Dunleavy was play to not end.

i want Rush starting he shut melo down. Then DUN can come in and bring offense to the 2nd unit.

Day-V
11-10-2010, 01:36 AM
For as much of a Negative Nancy I've been towards Dunleavy lately, even I can truthfully say that I was going crazy seeing him go all NBA Hangtime on the Nuggets in the 3rd. Awesome stuff. Go Mike.

imawhat
11-10-2010, 01:49 AM
His form has been bad all season. He stopped drifting tonight and got hot. Great game by Mike!

Hibbert
11-10-2010, 02:30 AM
The man, the myth, the legend. Mike Dunleavy.

Day-V
11-10-2010, 02:46 AM
I'm sure this has been posted numerous times tonight, but it deserves an encore.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvphTqMvGWo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvphTqMvGWo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>