PDA

View Full Version : Does the Nash trade rumor stimulate any imaginations?

johndozark
11-08-2010, 09:34 PM
http://valleyofthesuns.com/2010/11/08/suns-rumors-the-steve-nash-rumors-are-underway

Mike Schmitz posted on "Valley of the Suns" a Ric Bucher (ESPN) rumor that Steve Nash might be traded because--as I interpret Bucher's comments--the Suns don't have enough to go with Nash to make him effective, that hjis value will therefore decline, that they have to begin rebuilding and therefore need to use his value while it is still high in acquiring new talent.

Schmitz says that the Suns, if they did this, would be mailing it in for this year and beginning the Goran Dragic and Robin Lopez era.

That's something for Suns fans to discuss, but it stimulated dreams in me of Nash as a playing offensive coordinator and training coach. Yes, he is still more than good enough to start and play significant time, but his real job would be to create a new offense and to coach Collison and Price into becoming the stars they are capable of becoming in running that offense. O'Brien could be given a choice to yield the offensive reins or to take early retirement :). Okay, maybe that's a naive dream.

But, if Nash were really available, are there $11 million dollars of Pacer players salaries you would be willing to send Phoenix in exchange for Nash?

We have to remember that this does not solve our most pressing need for a strong, viable fourth Big. (I consider Hibbert, McRoberts, and Hansbrough as potentially strong contributors to our long-term future, but we still need a backup for Hibbert who can also fill the PF slot against certain opponents.

We also have to be ready to replace anyone of value that we give up for Nash.

Kind of hard to imagine, but I am sure that you will have some ideas.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 09:36 PM
not gonna happen

Jon Theodore
11-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Dunleavy (or ford) and Paul George, 1st Rd Pick for Nash? We would immediatley be right there with Orlando as the second tier best teams in the east. McRoberts would be incredible to watch play with Nash and I can see Hibbert putting up MONSTER stats with Nash running the show.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Dunleavy (or ford) and Paul George, 1st Rd Pick for Nash? We would immediatley be right there with Orlando as the second tier best teams in the east. McRoberts would be incredible to watch play with Nash and I can see Hibbert putting up MONSTER stats with Nash running the show.

Nash is 36 no way he hell i give up PG24 and a first for him maybe if he was 32 but not at 36. Then what was all this bird talk DC2 is that pg we need? this would ruin the future of our franchise

Jon Theodore
11-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Well Phoenix would laugh at that trade anyways, so it's probably a moot point. If you guys think Phoenix is going to trade Nash for Dunleavy/Aj Price keep dreaming.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Well Phoenix would laugh at that trade anyways, so it's probably a moot point. If you guys think Phoenix is going to trade Nash for Dunleavy/Aj Price keep dreaming.

he said PG24 and a first not AJ price that deal would ruin our future of the franchise. Nash has at max 3 good yrs left at 36yrs old.

Trophy
11-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't limit Darren's minutes for Nash.

We don't need anymore PGs especially a star PG.

Jon Theodore
11-08-2010, 09:52 PM
he said PG24 and a first not AJ price that deal would ruin our future of the franchise. Nash has at max 3 good yrs left at 36yrs old.

He = me. Also, I know nobody said AJ Price, but it's funny how everyone thinks teams are just going to give us a good player for our table scraps...that is not how it works.

Jon Theodore
11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Also Nash is like 30 years old....on paper he is 36 but he is a health FREAK and his body is much younger than the average 36 year old NBA players body. Just look at his stats, the guy is still an all star player.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 09:55 PM
He = me. Also, I know nobody said AJ Price, but it's funny how everyone thinks teams are just going to give us a good player for our table scraps...that is not how it works.

u would make that trade??? how does that deal help our future?? we would not win a title with a 36 yr old nash.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Also Nash is like 30 years old....on paper he is 36 but he is a health FREAK and his body is much younger than the average 36 year old NBA players body. Just look at his stats, the guy is still an all star player.

i relize that i watch the suns alot but 36 yrs old is 36 yrs old and he isnt gonna win us a titlee and trading PG24 and a first is way too much. What do we do with DC2?? have him play 10 mins a night

15th parallel
11-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Nash is a PG I would want in my team. Not only he can create offense for others, but he can create also for himself. Plus, with an up-tempo team like the Pacers he will surely put up MVP stats and will add up more wins to reach the playoffs.

But yeah...the Suns will laugh and instantly turn down the trade if we propose a trade any of our current players except if we include Danny.

johndozark
11-08-2010, 10:00 PM
It appears to me that Collison and Price have the potential to be the star PG tandem for our future, but it also appears to me that they lack an offensive system and the wise guidance that will allow their stardom to emerge. That is what stimulates my imagination.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Nash is a PG I would want in my team. Not only he can create offense for others, but he can create also for himself. Plus, with an up-tempo team like the Pacers he will surely put up MVP stats and will add up more wins to reach the playoffs.

But yeah...the Suns will laugh and instantly turn down the trade if we propose a trade any of our current players except if we include Danny.

for a 36 yr old nash lol

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 10:03 PM
It appears to me that Collison and Price have the potential to be the star PG tandem for our future, but it also appears to me that they lack an offensive system and the wise guidance that will allow their stardom to emerge. That is what stimulates my imagination.

thank u we just need a system that is bulit around DC skills. The colts arent a run first team because they have Peyton Manning. What if the colts ran 80% of the time they would lose a lot because they are not utilizing there team to its full potential.

15th parallel
11-08-2010, 10:06 PM
for a 36 yr old nash lol

For a 36 yr old Nash, he's currently putting up better numbers than our best PG.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 10:08 PM
For a 36 yr old Nash, he's currently putting up better numbers than our best PG.

no **** he is still really good but he is 36 and we arent going to win a championship with him at the helm we still have JOB and we have to give up PG24 and a first no thank you

tsm612
11-08-2010, 10:09 PM
We're a rebuilding team. Why the heck would we give up a first round pick and a promising young rookie for a senior citizen? If Nash gets dealt, it's going to be to a team that's either contending or looking to get over the hump. It wouldn't make sense for us or Nash to trade for him.

Sookie
11-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I don't want Nash.

Not because Nash wouldn't make this team so much better. But because I like Nash..and if he's traded, I'd hope he went to a contender like Orlando.

Trophy
11-08-2010, 10:12 PM
He can go to the Knicks.

It'll be like a Suns reunion.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 10:14 PM
He can go to the Knicks.

It'll be like a Suns reunion.

then trade Eddy curry and galio and anothy randolph for to hawks for J.J lol and then it is a real reunion lol

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 10:19 PM
That's just a bad idea. Nash ... here?

Bad for us, bad for Nash.

15th parallel
11-08-2010, 10:22 PM
He'll probably fit better with Miami.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 10:25 PM

who would they trade they cant make salarys work

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 10:25 PM

Nash is a rare talent that can fit anywhere as far as on the court is concerned. It's just because of his age it wouldn't make sense for him to go anywhere except a contender .... but you're probably right, Miami is probably the "best" fit, because they have much more of a need for a PG than any other contending team. Problem is Miami has cashed in all their chips. They went all in during the free agent period. I don't think they have anything Phoenix would want, except Bosh, Wade and Lebron.

15th parallel
11-08-2010, 10:59 PM
who would they trade they cant make salarys work

I know there's no easy for Miami to get Nash. Just saying he'll fit there better than any other contender right now. LA with Jackson needs only spot up shooter for a PG. With Orlando, he'll probably fit because he can shoot from outside, but they depend more on Howard attracting double teams than Nelson operating. Boston already has Rondo. With Miami, the system is more dynamic with LeBron and Wade having good on-ball and off-ball movement. That trio I think is much better than having Bosh.

Sookie
11-08-2010, 11:11 PM
heh...can they trade Bosh?

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 11:13 PM

on dec 15 but they wont

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 11:14 PM

:laugh:

Negative. They wouldn't anyway, but I know why you suggested it.

You wouldn't want them to do that anyway because I know you're hoping for Miami to fail. That would make them a lot better for the next couple years.

Bosh is so far below Wade/Lebron it's .... sad. I never thought he was as good as people thought, but even I'm a little shocked.

Jon Theodore
11-08-2010, 11:42 PM
So I guess the Pacers as an organization do not want to win a championship...instead we want to stockpile young talent and battle for the 8th seed?

My proposed trade was a homer trade. Dun, PG24, pick for Nash right now is a joke...like I said Suns would laugh at that...what I found more funny is everyone saying it is a bad trade. Also, Nash can EASILY play anoher 4 years in this league and be productive...end of story regarding his age. Look at how good Reggie Miller was at 39, Nash is a much better conditioned athlete than Reggie or pretty much anybody for that matter.

To me Nash gives you an immediate chance at being a championship team.

Nash, Granger, Hibbert is a "big 3" in my book. McRoberts is the perfect PF to play with that group. Add to the mix guys like Collison, Posey (proven winner), Hansbrough, Foster, Brush, D. Jones and Stephenson (will be a productive player when he gets the chance)...you've got a legitimate team. Collison is probably your 6th man getting good minutes and learning from Steve Nash the whole time. With Collison on the team, you do not have to play Nash 40 min a game, another positive.

I don't think you could beat this years Celtics with that team (Rondo is just too good) but you could compete no doubt.

Now by NOT making the trade we keep Paul George and the POSSIBILITY of landing a solid player in the draft (you can always draft a bust). Lets say we even let Dun expire and sign a free agent. Two years go by and Paul George becomes an all star...you probably trade Granger for some more youth and then rinse and repeat...battle for the 8th seed.

Tell me which scenario is better for the franchise being profitable and competing for the NBA title.

Also, I realize Nash being traded to the Pacers is very UNREALISTIC and there is a long list of teams that make more sense.

My point is...I find it unbelievable that people actually would be mad with a Dun, PG24 and pick for Nash trade.

vnzla81
11-08-2010, 11:48 PM
No

Jon Theodore
11-08-2010, 11:49 PM
The

15th parallel
11-09-2010, 12:38 AM

You wouldn't want them to do that anyway because I know you're hoping for Miami to fail. That would make them a lot better for the next couple years.

Bosh is so far below Wade/Lebron it's .... sad. I never thought he was as good as people thought, but even I'm a little shocked.

Yeah. I don't know but Bosh is not really that impressive for me. It's still too early to tell but he's really not performing well with 2 superstars as his teammates, like he's being exposed of his weakness or something.

It is just me probably but I believe that Nash+ Lebron+ Wade + 2 solid bigs who at least can defend the paint + a half solid bench is a more powerhouse team than the current Heat team.

Jon Theodore
11-09-2010, 12:43 AM
No its not just you, that is obvious. If Miami traded Bosh for Nash they would be immediately MUCH better. I can't even imagine someone arguing that...but I am sure somebody will.

Jon Theodore
11-09-2010, 12:44 AM
I personally wouldn't trade Roy Hibbert for Chris Bosh if it was offered, Bosh is ridiculously over rated. He is basically Jermaine O'neal all over again.

Sookie
11-09-2010, 01:23 AM

Only problem would be that Miami would have no big guy.

If Nash somehow ended up in Miami, it'd make me sick..because you're right..I don't want them to win. But Nash..I'd like to see Nash win one.

Tom White
11-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I thought I read that Nash was considering retiring, and going back to Canada to get into politics?

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I thought I read that Nash was considering retiring, and going back to Canada to get into politics?

that was :bs: dont belive everything u read steve nash would not quit in the middle of a season

xBulletproof
11-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Only problem would be that Miami would have no big guy.

If Nash somehow ended up in Miami, it'd make me sick..because you're right..I don't want them to win. But Nash..I'd like to see Nash win one.

Well when your PF is averaging 14 and 5, it looks like they don't have a "big guy" anyway. They've got a soft PF who shoots jumpers. I think Bosh is even less than Jermaine in his prime, Bosh isn't a threat to block shots or change shots around the rim. Jermaine did that. I think Wade and Lebron can rebound sufficiently that it lessens the void at least on the boards.

So how would that ultimately change your view on the Heat? Would you still want to see them fail, or would Nash cause you to cheer for them? Just curious.

Sookie
11-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Well when your PF is averaging 14 and 5, it looks like they don't have a "big guy" anyway. They've got a soft PF who shoots jumpers. I think Bosh is even less than Jermaine in his prime, Bosh isn't a threat to block shots or change shots around the rim. Jermaine did that. I think Wade and Lebron can rebound sufficiently that it lessens the void at least on the boards.

So how would that ultimately change your view on the Heat? Would you still want to see them fail, or would Nash cause you to cheer for them? Just curious.

It'd be confusing. :laugh: But at the end of the day, I'd want to see Nash get a ring.

Honestly, last season when it was the Suns v. Lakers I had the hardest time watching the games..trying to figure out who I wanted to win. Odd really..

Tom White
11-10-2010, 10:03 AM
that was :bs: dont belive everything u read steve nash would not quit in the middle of a season

I didn't really believe it when I first read it. I thought it was mildly humorous, at best. However, I give it just as much chance of happening as the Pacers considering ever bringing him into the mix at this point.

Justin Tyme
11-10-2010, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=Sookie;1092969]

Only problem would be that Miami would have no big guy. /QUOTE]

That's not true, Udonis Haslem is more than adequate to replace Bosh. With Nash, the Heat would be a better team than with Bosh. Personally, I feel Riley could have used his money wiser than signing Bosh.

spreedom
11-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Just saw on SportsCenter that Bosh is shooting 34.4% in post-up possessions... big time LOL there.

Are the soon-to-be-73-game-winners really starting the season off 5-3? Damn....

vnzla81
11-10-2010, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=Sookie;1092969]

Only problem would be that Miami would have no big guy. /QUOTE]

That's not true, Udonis Haslem is more than adequate to replace Bosh. With Nash, the Heat would be a better team than with Bosh. Personally, I feel Riley could have used his money wiser than signing Bosh.

Amare could have been a better fit, I think if you have a team with Dwade and Lebron all you need to do is sign role players, I think Miami would do better with a PF/C like Varejao or Noah.

spreedom
11-10-2010, 01:17 PM
To his credit, Screamin' A has said all along that Boozer would be a better fit. And it's tough to disagree.

vnzla81
11-10-2010, 01:24 PM
To his credit, Screamin' A has said all along that Boozer would be a better fit. And it's tough to disagree.

Maybe a better fit than Bosh but not a better defender, they are pretty much equal defenders(I think), Miami needs a banger on defense and a guy that can do all the little things, like I said before a team like them needs a guy like Vareajo, Noah and Camby.

Hoop
11-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Does the Nash trade rumor stimulate any imaginations?

Hell NO! .....and I really like Nash, but my gosh is he old and makes ZERO sense for the Pacers.

clownskull
11-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Does the Nash trade rumor stimulate any imaginations?

Hell NO! .....and I really like Nash, but my gosh is he old and makes ZERO sense for the Pacers.

ditto. he does not really address what we need. we already have a p.g. and a much younger one than him.
nash has like what, one perhaps 2 good seasons left? are we in contention now or will we be by next year?
i doubt it.