PDA

View Full Version : A Sixers Blog Asks...

jshortt
11-08-2010, 04:17 PM
What do they do with Iggy? Bench him in hopes that he straightens up, just let him continue to play with no regard for the team, or try to move him? They go on to say:

Phi receives: Tyler Hansbrough, Mike Dunleavy, Dahntay Jones
Ind receives: Andre Iguodala, Mo Speights

WHY THEY DO IT: Similar situation to Houston. Indiana has a number one scorer in Danny Granger, and good young talent around him. But they lack a number 2 scorer and someone to take the pressure off of Granger. Both Hansbrough and McRoberts, the Pacer power forwards, are more of energy guys than scorers. Speights gives them a dimension they really need.

WHY WE DO IT: Dunleavy’s 10 million are off the books after this season. Hansbrough adds toughness, hustle, and as much as we all hated him in college, hes a winner. Dahntay Jones is relatively cheap, and wants out of Indiana. He has had some nice years when hes happy, and could start or come off the bench at shooting guard.

Thoughts? Another Tinsley-type cancer (whoops, should I use that word?)? Would he help that much? Do we give up 1 half of the Animal Crackers when he's just starting to prove he's more valuable than first thought? Not sure Philly would even pick up the phone on this one.

Peace,
J

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I would do this in a hot second.

I can't fathom why Philly would do this, especially giving away Speights. Iggy I could understand if they thought he was becoming too much of a distraction wanting out.

Scot Pollard
11-08-2010, 04:24 PM
hell yes

sorry tyler but id rather deal him than mcroberts i wouldnt want to deal either of them but if it means getting iguodala and another young pf in return, im down

hey would philly take solo instead and we dont get speights

i would rather keep hansbrough than get speights

Shade
11-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Yes, please.

Unclebuck
11-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I would hate to see Tyler go.

Deadshot
11-08-2010, 04:32 PM
David Aldridge suggested a Iggy/Arenas swap in his writeup today:

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/11/08/morning-tip-new-orleans-hornets/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Scot Pollard
11-08-2010, 04:33 PM

me too

i would rather them take out speights in the deal and we give them solomon jones and a draft pick if they will accept the deal if we include one

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 04:35 PM
omg yes speights would be the perfect backup center or we could sign magnum or get dampier. get rid of a horrible wing in mike .

vnzla81
11-08-2010, 04:37 PM
I would hate to see Tyler go but I would still do it, first fire Jim and then make the trade.

DC,AI,PG, Danny and Hibbert? Whattttt?

IUfan4life
11-08-2010, 04:37 PM
yes please

Mackey_Rose
11-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm not terribly high on Speights, but I don't see how that trade doesn't make us a lot better.

Iguodala would immediately become our best player.

Ozwalt72
11-08-2010, 05:30 PM
....I'd throw in a first, drop speights, and STILL do that trade. Which is why 76ers would never consider this. That blog sucks.

aaronb
11-08-2010, 05:39 PM
....I'd throw in a first, drop speights, and STILL do that trade. Which is why 76ers would never consider this. That blog sucks.

We are still likely going to be in the lotto. I'd stay away from offering any picks in the deal.

As stated, I'd surely do that deal though. Better to get value now, than miss out or overpay in free agency this summer.

Anthem
11-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Seems like a no-brainer. And I like all three of the guys we'd be giving up.

BRushWithDeath
11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Why on Earth would Philly do this deal?

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Why on Earth would Philly do this deal?

They want to make the clippers look like a great franchise???

Trophy
11-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I'd hate to trade Tyler, but I'd do this deal.

sportfireman
11-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Yes sir, do it and then go back and RESIGN Magnum.

cdash
11-08-2010, 06:10 PM
I've had my eye on a possible Iguodala deal for awhile. I just think with Evan Turner there, he is expendable. They aren't going to be competing for awhile and it's just a matter of time before he gets dealt. That said, I can't imagine this deal going down as listed. I would love to put together some sort of package for AI, and I would even throw in a top 10 protected first round pick in with this. AI would be a great complement to Granger, and his defense is really, really good. I think a Collison-Iguodala-Granger-Whoever-Hibbert lineup would be a tough out night to night.

Ozwalt72
11-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I think a Collison-Iguodala-Granger-Whoever-Hibbert lineup would be a tough out night to night.

And spurts of a Collison - Rush - Igoudala - Granger - Hibbert lineup could be incredible. Igoudala's a heck of a passer and there's more than enough perimeter shooting there to "space the court" how OB wants it.

beast23
11-08-2010, 06:27 PM
From the surface, it seems like a no brainer. But... we also have to consider the dollars. Without the trade, we are in line to have 36.34M in salary spread across 10 players for 2011/2012. With the trade as stated, we would have 46.97M in salary spread across 10 players. With or without the trade, we will still need 4-5 additional players to be drafted/signed next season.

In other words, if we were to make this trade, we'd better be very certain that our primary need is strengthening the SG position, because there will be no dollars remaining under what will probably be a lower salary cap to sign a quality PF on the free agent market.

I personally think that this trade made right now would be pulling the trigger a bit too quickly, and would paint us into a corner where we would have to make other trades to bring in additional quality players, as opposed to just being able to sign them outright through free agency.

I can honestly state that I do not believe that either of Dunleavy or Rush is a long-term soluton for us at SG. However, I don't believe that we can say one way or the other whether George might be that solution. I would hate to spend nearly all of our projected cap space to bring in Iguoudala, only to discover a year from now that George can fulfill our needs at SG.

I also believe that both Hansbrough and McRoberts are more promising for us than Speights. Therefore, I believe the trade would result in a weaker front court for us. Presently, we are not doing badly with the platoon system at PF, but I believe most of us would state that we are hoping for something better in the future... and most of us either aren't confident or at least aren't certain that either of Hansbrough or McRoberts can develop into the PF that we need.

I believe Iguodala can be a very good option for us at SG. He is not known as a perimeter shooter, but is able to get a shot on his own and can get to the rim and the free throw line. But if we were to make this trade, I believe we are definitely making the statement that SG is far more important to strengthen than PF. Are we ready to make that statement, knowing that we are actually somewhat weakening our front court at the same time?

CableKC
11-08-2010, 06:46 PM
IMHO....this is a Pau Gasol like trade where the Team gets a borderline All-Star "Robin" level player....basically what Granger and Iggy are.

I'd easily send PG+1st+Expiring for Iggy+Sixers 2nd round pick. I don't see why the Sixers would want to get rid of Speights as he's insurance if not the future for the Sixers PF or C positions.

CableKC
11-08-2010, 07:02 PM
From the surface, it seems like a no brainer. But... we also have to consider the dollars. Without the trade, we are in line to have 36.34M in salary spread across 10 players for 2011/2012. With the trade as stated, we would have 46.97M in salary spread across 10 players. With or without the trade, we will still need 4-5 additional players to be drafted/signed next season.

In other words, if we were to make this trade, we'd better be very certain that our primary need is strengthening the SG position, because there will be no dollars remaining under what will probably be a lower salary cap to sign a quality PF on the free agent market.

I personally think that this trade made right now would be pulling the trigger a bit too quickly, and would paint us into a corner where we would have to make other trades to bring in additional quality players, as opposed to just being able to sign them outright through free agency.
I would do this trade in a second ( as stated above in my trade scenario ) where this would essentially be our 2011-2012 FA signing and then take my chances on McBob ( if he's willing to stay with us ), Hansbrough and try to draft the best PF that we can.

I can honestly state that I do not believe that either of Dunleavy or Rush is a long-term soluton for us at SG. However, I don't believe that we can say one way or the other whether George might be that solution. I would hate to spend nearly all of our projected cap space to bring in Iguoudala, only to discover a year from now that George can fulfill our needs at SG.

I also believe that both Hansbrough and McRoberts are more promising for us than Speights. Therefore, I believe the trade would result in a weaker front court for us. Presently, we are not doing badly with the platoon system at PF, but I believe most of us would state that we are hoping for something better in the future... and most of us either aren't confident or at least aren't certain that either of Hansbrough or McRoberts can develop into the PF that we need.

I believe Iguodala can be a very good option for us at SG. He is not known as a perimeter shooter, but is able to get a shot on his own and can get to the rim and the free throw line. But if we were to make this trade, I believe we are definitely making the statement that SG is far more important to strengthen than PF. Are we ready to make that statement, knowing that we are actually somewhat weakening our front court at the same time?
Improving the Team in the next 2 seasons does not necessarily mean that we have to sign a top tier PF in Free Agency....getting a young core of Collison/Iggy/Granger/Hibbert/McBob/Hans/AJ/Lance is a very good start.

IMHO......improving the Team can come in the form of getting a Starting quality SG and/or a Starting quality PF. I'd say that getting a Starting quality SG like Iggy with some combination of McBob+Hansbrough manning the PF spot would would get us to the Playoffs this season.

If getting Iggy simply cost us ( at most ) PG+1st rounder+Expiring Contract, I'd would hope that Bird would pull the trigger.

Cactus Jax
11-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Replace Dahntay Jones w/ Paul George and add in a first round pick and this deal is a bit more realistic. Would be tough to give up on George that early and Igoudala is not one of my favorite players but I think I'd still do the trade.

CableKC
11-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Replace Dahntay Jones w/ Paul George and add in a first round pick and this deal is a bit more realistic. Would be tough to give up on George that early and Igoudala is not one of my favorite players but I think I'd still do the trade.
IMHO...that'd be low-balling the Sixers.

The problem is that Granger is a Iggy-level player...both are much better as "Robin" then they are "Batman" on their Teams.

Would you accept a trade for Granger that involved a long-term 7th-8th SG role-Player, an Expiring Contract and a 1st round pick?

My guess is that you wouldn't.

Although I'm sure that the Sixers would get many offers.....if the Sixers were to rebuild....having PG play next to Evan Turner makes way more sense.

Justin Tyme
11-08-2010, 07:53 PM

So would I.

At the same time, I'd do this trade in a NY minute. As to those wanting to throw in Paul George in some sort of doing this trade....NO!!! PG is going to be special, and will end up being better than Iggy.

Trophy
11-08-2010, 10:24 PM
hell yes

sorry tyler but id rather deal him than mcroberts i wouldnt want to deal either of them but if it means getting iguodala and another young pf in return, im down

hey would philly take solo instead and we dont get speights

i would rather keep hansbrough than get speights

Yeah I would prefer not to trade Josh or Tyler unless it's a trade like this.

I hope we re-sign Josh soon. As of now, he's worthy of a well paid, long term deal.

Pacerized
11-08-2010, 10:40 PM
If given the choice I'd rather trade McBob then Tyler, I just see a higher ceiling for Tyler.
I'd do this trade either way though. Iggy would be our second best player next to Granger.

15th parallel
11-08-2010, 10:46 PM
As much as I want this, I think Philly will not be interested. They can get a better deal for AI from other teams.

Anthem
11-08-2010, 10:50 PM
As much as I want this, I think Philly will not be interested. They can get a better deal for AI from other teams.
Like?

Not disagreeing, just wondering about market price.

Anthem
11-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes sir, do it and then go back and RESIGN Magnum.
Hyphen, please.

Resign = quit
Re-sign = sign again

15th parallel
11-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Like?

Can't really suggest of any right now as I am not much updated about who's available to be traded on other teams, and who badly needs a SF. But looking at what we'll give, it looks like it's VERY lopsided in our favor, although I wouldn't mind that :).

If you swap DJones with Paul George, then I think Philly will consider this more. With AI being traded means they are somehow on another rebuilding mode. So they'll go young with Tyler and George rather than with DJones.

Kemo
11-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Yeah I would prefer not to trade Josh or Tyler unless it's a trade like this.

I hope we re-sign Josh soon. As of now, he's worthy of a well paid, long term deal.

+1 , except I think he DEFINITELY needs re-signed to a longterm deal.. but maybe not "well paid" not yet... untill he proves he has earned it..
But I got to thinking a second ago... I bet Josh is probably the lowest paid starting Power Forward in the NBA .. kinda crazy........

Mark
11-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Well if the Philly FO was halfway sane they wouldn't do this, but I guess you never know. I was shocked New Orleans gave up collison too.

Iggy is like a more aggressive Danny who plays better defense.

Pacerized
11-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Well if the Philly FO was halfway sane they wouldn't do this, but I guess you never know. I was shocked New Orleans gave up collison too.

Iggy is like a more aggressive Danny who plays better defense.

Iggy plays better D but Granger is a the better player on offense, that's been proven every year they've played so far. Overall I'd rather have Granger, I don't care what coach K thinks.

croz24
11-09-2010, 01:50 AM
Iggy plays better D but Granger is a the better player on offense, that's been proven every year they've played so far. Overall I'd rather have Granger, I don't care what coach K thinks.

i too would rather have granger and think iggy isn't nearly the player as he's made out to be. but i would definitely do the deal as stated in the op. but forget iggy for a moment. let's set our sights on kevin love. i don't know how truthful those rumblings are, but if he wants out of minny, we should make our best offer.

wintermute
11-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Like?

Iggy to Denver makes sense with Philly acting as the third team to facilitate a Melo trade, say to NJ or NY. In this scenario, Philly ends up with expiring contracts and young talent, Favors if with NJ, Gallo and/or Randolph if NY.

IMO, we'd have to offer George + expiring to tempt the Sixers. Or else, offer to take Brand along with Iggy. Brand is actually playing decently and we can use another big. On the other hand, Iggy + Brand is going to torpedo our hard fought financial flexibility for years to come, so it's not a decision to take lightly.

jshortt
11-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Wow guys! I posted yesterday afternoon, and didn't get a chance to check again until this morning. Some great insights here. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this deal. I like Iggy, but man, it seems like he's a diva type who's starting to show his true colors. I love his play, but who knows what he'd do to the locker room. With that said, I'm still not sure if I pull the trigger on this or not. Like I said, I'd hate to give up Tyler, but Dun? Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out, haha. And Dahntay, I just feel bad for. He can't seem to get out of the doghouse...and nobody's really sure how he got in it to begin with.

I know some of us questioned why Philly would even consider, but the guy had several proposals. I just grabbed the one involving us. Here's the original blog and entry:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/what_do_we_do_with_andre_iguodala/3563626

When Andre Iguodala didn’t return for the second half of the Cleveland game, a lot was going through my mind. I was excited to watch Jrue and Turner handle the ball and control the offense, rather than playing through our selfish “leader.” We lost the game, but our young backcourt gave us a glimpse of what they are capable of with Iguodala out of the equation. And I think Doug Collins knows it. In last week’s overtime loss at Washington, Iguodala barely played in the 4th quarter, and when he did get in the game, he failed to foul Cartier Martin before he hit the game tying 3.

So this leads to my question. What do we do with Andre Iguodala? Well theres 3 options. The first won’t happen, so I’m not even going to mention it. (Okay, its sit Iggy on the bench for a while until he decides he wants to be a team player and help make Jrue and Turner better). The second option is to do nothing. Keep Iguodala, play him 35 minutes a game, and win just enough games to miss the playoffs. Option 3 is the most appealing to me and everyone who I talk to. And that option is trading him. While I would rather Turner come off the bench, at least for now, he showed today against New York that he is confident enough to play 30+ minutes. He has defended better than I realized he could, and the jumpshot is just enough of a threat to keep defenses honest. Turner has really impressed so far, and he needs to get minutes to keep getting better.

So lets assume we go with option 3. Its easier said than done to trade a guy like Iguodala, who is not a great outside shooter and is making more than 55 million over the next 4 seasons. But there is interest around the league. Its just a matter of whether or not the Sixers braintrust of Ed Stefanski and Rod Thorn agree with me. Just a quick disclaimer, the possible trades I list below are not actual rumors. I thought them up on my own, so don’t look too much into this, its just an idea of the type of move I would like to see.

Now before I give my potential trades, there’s 3 things that Thorn and Stefanski must consider in a trade involving Iguodala.

1. Find a team that needs him
- The teams that I list are just 4 of the teams in the NBA that could immediately benefit from adding a guy like Iggy to their lineup. They either lack wing scoring or are one guy away from being a contender. Owners will be hesitant to take on his salary, especially if it means giving up expiring contracts or draft picks, so Stefanski needs to find the right suitor.
2. Do not take back salary
- The big rumor going around right now has Luol Deng coming to Philadelphia. Deng’s contract is almost identical to Iguodala’s, and is slightly less tradable in the coming years. This trade might make sense if Turner was ready to play 35 minutes a game at the 2, and we were a championship contender. But he isn’t, and we aren’t. If we trade our best player just to take back another one dimensional player with too big of a contract, I’m losing all faith in this organization.
3. “Dennis Rodman” Rule
- There are only a handful of guys in this league who will truly do whatever their team asks of them. Reggie Evans is asked to rebound; nothing else. Thabo Sefolosha is asked to play defense; nothing else. Aside from maybe Evan Turner, the Sixers have no one on the roster that will consistently step in and take a charge, or do something else to hinder their own personal glory for the greater good of the team. We lack toughness, and this trade could be a good opportunity to add some.

I had some fun with this, and again, don’t look too much into this, just enjoy. All 4 of my trades fit rules 1 and 2, and I tried to work rule 3 in there wherever possible (Hansbrough, J. Hill, Udoh). We are probably giving up more than we recieve in all 4, but it would be unrealistic to ask for equal value in return for Andre. Here’s what I came up with…

Phi receives: Jordan Hill, Shane Battier, 2011 1st
Hou receives: Andre Iguodala, 2011 2nd

WHY THEY DO IT: We know Iguodala can play, but we also know that would thrive in an offense where he can be the second or third option, rather than a go-to guy. The Rockets have a top 10 scorer in Kevin Martin, and legitimate scoring threats in Aaron Brooks and Luis Scola. Iguodala replaces Battier in the starting lineup.

WHY WE DO IT: Battier’s 7 mil comes off the books after this season, so that would help free some cap space entering the 2011 free agency. Jordan Hill is a tough young big man who is nowhere near his potential. He has a high motor and would bring a lot of energy off the bench. The swapping of draft picks just sweetens the deal.

Phi receives: Tyler Hansbrough, Mike Dunleavy, Dahntay Jones
Ind receives: Andre Iguodala, Mo Speights

WHY THEY DO IT: Similar situation to Houston. Indiana has a number one scorer in Danny Granger, and good young talent around him. But they lack a number 2 scorer and someone to take the pressure off of Granger. Both Hansbrough and McRoberts, the Pacer power forwards, are more of energy guys than scorers. Speights gives them a dimension they really need.

WHY WE DO IT: Dunleavy’s 10 million are off the books after this season. Hansbrough adds toughness, hustle, and as much as we all hated him in college, hes a winner. Dahntay Jones is relatively cheap, and wants out of Indiana. He has had some nice years when hes happy, and could start or come off the bench at shooting guard.

Phi receives: Andrei Kirilenko, Kryrlo Fesenko
Utah receives: Andre Iguodala, Jason Kapono

WHY THEY DO IT: Kirilenko’s name has been thrown around in trade talks all year. The Jazz are really good, but they don’t have the personal to compete with LA, and before Deron Williams becomes Free Agent eligible, Utah needs to go all in and try to win now. The Jazz bench is really missing Kyle Korver this year, and Kapono can fill a definite need for them.

WHY WE DO IT: Kirilenko’s massive 17 million dollar salary expires after this season. Philly would have a good chance to resign Kirilenko for a much more reasonable price, and he brings a lot of intangibles to the team. Fesenko is a huge center who is still raw offensively, but came on in last year’s postseason and looked good in extended minutes. After Hawes, we have very little depth at the center position, and Fesenko will give us a good 15 minutes per game. With Nocioni playing well, Collins is having a tough time finding minutes for Kapono, who will benefit from a less crowded Jazz bench.

Phi receives: Dan Gradzuric, Ekpe Udoh, Charlie Bell
GS receives: Andre Iguodala, Craig Brackins

WHY THEY DO IT: I can’t find one reason why either team wouldn’t love this deal. Golden State plays a fast, up-tempo style that Iguodala would fit nicely into. Curry and Ellis put up the bulk of the shots, so Iggy won’t be asked to do too much. The Warriors are 4-1 so far, and if they think they can contend in the west, this trade might get them there.

WHY WE DO IT: There is definitely some risk here. Ekpe Udoh, the big piece in the trade, is yet to play an NBA game. The 9th overall pick in the 2010 draft got hurt in the preseason and is expected to miss a few more months. But he is a big time prospect with huge upside. I’m reaching a little here, but his ceiling might be Amar’e Stoudamire. Udoh is as athletic, and already a better defensive player than amar’e. If he can develop an offensive game, he can be an elite power forward. Gradzuric is a capable backup center with a 7 million dollar contract that runs out after the season. Bell can stretch the floor with his outside shot, but is really just thrown in to make the salaries match up.

Trophy
11-09-2010, 09:42 AM
It looks like this person just wants expiring contracts. Not necessarily equal talent.

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 09:42 AM
That guy on that blog is undervaluing Iguadola big time, he is one of the top SG's in the NBA, I understand that his value is starting to decline because the other two guys are doing a better job, for the Pacers to have a chance to get him they would have to send a package of draft pick, young player and expiring, Dun,Rush,DJ and pick should get it done.

Note: for those that are freaking out about a 1st round pick next year, if the Pacers get him there is not doubt that the pick is going to be at least in the 20's plus next year draft is going to suck because of the lockout.

MTM
11-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Predictably, this trade would happen then Iggy would come here and get benched for not fitting into the system.

owl
11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
i too would rather have granger and think iggy isn't nearly the player as he's made out to be. but i would definitely do the deal as stated in the op. but forget iggy for a moment. let's set our sights on kevin love. i don't know how truthful those rumblings are, but if he wants out of minny, we should make our best offer.

Now that is a trade that I would consider using expirings and a 1st and a young player for.

Dun + unprotected first + Josh or Tyler

beast23
11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
That guy on that blog is undervaluing Iguadola big time, he is one of the top SG's in the NBA, I understand that his value is starting to decline because the other two guys are doing a better job, for the Pacers to have a chance to get him they would have to send a package of draft pick, young player and expiring, Dun,Rush,DJ and pick should get it done.

Note: for those that are freaking out about a 1st round pick next year, if the Pacers get him there is not doubt that the pick is going to be at least in the 20's plus next year draft is going to suck because of the lockout.To draft in the 20s, that means we would have one of the 10 best records (and be one of the 10 best teams) in the league. Even with Iggy, I don't think that will happen, at least not in the initial season.

Next years draft is particularly strong in PFs. It would be nice to not have to give up next year's pick.

pacer4ever
11-09-2010, 10:12 AM
To draft in the 20s, that means we would have one of the 10 best records (and be one of the 10 best teams) in the league. Even with Iggy, I don't think that will happen, at least not in the initial season.

Next years draft is particularly strong in PFs. It would be nice to not have to give up next year's pick.

The draft next year will be strong if everyone comes out. should be intersting to see what everyone does with the lockout looming.

Justin Tyme
11-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Note: for those that are freaking out about a 1st round pick next year, if the Pacers get him there is not doubt that the pick is going to be at least in the 20's plus next year draft is going to suck because of the lockout.

Awe, someone else is in tune with my thinking. I've been saying this for 6 months. The looming lockout is the exact reason why so many underclassmen declared for the 2010 draft. This upcoming draft, 2011, is going to be relatively weak. Any trade the Pacers make that requires giving a pick should be the 011 pick where any trade they are rec'ing a pick should be from the 012 draft. Unless the team they are trading with is giving up a top 5 pick which isn't going to happen.

vnzla81
11-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Awe, someone else is in tune with my thinking. I've been saying this for 6 months. The looming lockout is the exact reason why so many underclassmen declared for the 2010 draft. This upcoming draft, 2011, is going to be relatively weak. Any trade the Pacers make that requires giving a pick should be the 011 pick where any trade they are rec'ing a pick should be from the 012 draft. Unless the team they are trading with is giving up a top 5 pick which isn't going to happen.

Next year draft is going to be "the year of the seniors" people don't understand how important is the CBA for the draft, many top pick are not going to declare because they don't know how long the lockout is going to be(when and how much they will get pay) if they declare and get drafted there is a big chance they won't see a baskeball court in a year.

Anthem
11-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Predictably, this trade would happen then Iggy would come here and get benched for not fitting into the system.
Obviously.

I mean, he doesn't fit the system.

Pacerized
11-09-2010, 11:58 AM
3 years ago Iggy jumped to 19.9 ppg and was signed to his current contract, 2 yrs ago 18.8 ppg, last year he dropped to 17.1. So far this year his average is 13.2 and he's 4th. on his own team. I know he just isn't playing well right now and this should go up but it makes me want to consider what we'd be getting since he would be our highest paid player. His value may be at an all time low so I don't know how much Philly could get for him. Expiring's and 1 young player are a no brainer. I don't think I'd throw in an unprotected 1st. round pick. If we have only one major trade left with our expiring contracts I'd rather it be of for a big man.

CableKC
11-09-2010, 12:50 PM
JO'B was Iggy's first coach and it was JO'B that was recognized that Iggy ( as a rookie ) was the one that should be getting minutes over another more established player ( I think Glenn Robinson ? ). At the very least, I think that if there was one Player that JO'B would understand and effectively use....it was Iggy.