PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wells Tweet: DJones puts Lance in his place.

IndySDExport
11-08-2010, 02:21 PM
http://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA

"L Stephenson told D Jones he's the best player to come out of NYC. Jones replied, "You're not the best player out of NYC as a 2nd rd pick.""

I think this is hilarious.

jhondog28
11-08-2010, 02:24 PM
http://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA

"L Stephenson told D Jones he's the best player to come out of NYC. Jones replied, "You're not the best player out of NYC as a 2nd rd pick.""

I think this is hilarious.

Lance needs to get on the court before he can even be a player.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 02:25 PM
who is the best out of Ny anyone know ????

pacergod2
11-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I absolutely love it that Dahntay said that. Stephenson won't ever be anything in this league with a mindset like that. He needs to start working on his game with as many holes as he has in his game.

Earl "The Goat" Manigault is one of the legendary names in NYC. There is no way he can even say he is better than Ron Artest at this point. He is only thinking back to high school. And this is just a touch better quality of basketball than NYC high school ball.

sportfireman
11-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Poor Lance..... all this time off the court has made him deliousional. But I like the confidence, just as long as it isn't or doesn't become arrogance.

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Earl "The Goat" Manigault is one of the legendary names in NYC.

Kareem said Earl was the greatest player that he ever played with, or against.

Regardless, Lance needs a pretty giant wake up call if he believes that stupidity. Apparently the sitting on the bench part isn't enough of a wake up call.

Scot Pollard
11-08-2010, 03:19 PM
oh no there not getting along

they have to get along because they both will be sitting on the bench unless we finally trade djones

lance is bragging about nothing and it needs to stop before everyone on the team gets mad

Sookie
11-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Nah, I think they get along fine. In fact I think Dahntay has almost taken on a "big brother" role with most of the younger guys. I remember another incident where Lance was trying to be flashy and Dahntay just took the ball from him.

microwave_oven
11-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I think this is just irresponsible tweeting by Wells. From what I have seen, Lance is a bit of a "class clown," so I'm sure he was joking. Without further details Wells makes it look worse than it probably was.

I seem to actually remember reading about Lance and Dahntay going back and forth jokingly in the preseason...

Nothing to see here IMO.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 03:40 PM
I think this is just irresponsible tweeting by Wells. From what I have seen, Lance is a bit of a "class clown," so I'm sure he was joking. Without further details Wells makes it look worse than it probably was.

I seem to actually remember reading about Lance and Dahntay going back and forth jokingly in the preseason...

Nothing to see here IMO.

Ya Lance jokes a lot he is funny

Heisenberg
11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Nah, I think they get along fine. In fact I think Dahntay has almost taken on a "big brother" role with most of the younger guys. I remember another incident where Lance was trying to be flashy and Dahntay just took the ball from him.

There was a Tweet (gotta love that Twitter) from Rush about him, Lance, and Dahntay all going somewhere together...the mall I want to say but can't remember, wherever it was it was some innocent place, no one worry. Rush called them his homies, so I guess they're getting along fine.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
There was a Tweet (gotta love that Twitter) from Rush about him, Lance, and Dahntay all going somewhere together...the mall I want to say but can't remember, wherever it was it was some innocent place, no one worry. Rush called them his homies, so I guess they're getting along fine.

ya they went out to eat and boght some new sneakers if i am remember right

Day-V
11-08-2010, 03:53 PM

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Kareem.

he is from NY ?? kareem abdul jabar then it was pretty obvious lance is joking kareem is a top 50 greatests player of all time and scoring leaguer

Tom White
11-08-2010, 03:55 PM

How about Lew Alcinder? Also known as Kareem Abdul Jabbar

IndySDExport
11-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I have to imagine Lance was joking, as was D.Jones.

What is Mike Wells doing though? Is he hiding in the locker room waiting for Juicy quotes that he can Tweet out of context.

gummy
11-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Wells is just tweeting an interesting bit of interaction as far as I can tell. Whether you see it as the guys joking around or in conflict with each other depends on your perspective - the tweet itself doesn't lean in either direction, it just tells us what words were exchanged (I realize that the title of a thread often sets the tone for discussion but keep in mind that it doesn't come from what was reported in this case).

Given what we know about the competition culture in sports it seems likely that they are just messing with each other. Perhaps Wells tweeting it because it thought it was funny - there doesn't have to be some nefarious intent going on.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.twitvid.com/OUWW0
our team gets along fine

McKeyFan
11-08-2010, 09:29 PM
kareem is a top 50 greatests player of all time
More like top 5.

Gamble1
11-08-2010, 09:36 PM
I think this is just irresponsible tweeting by Wells.
When did I get old.:cry:

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 09:43 PM
More like top 5.

i know but the list is 50 so i just go by top 50. He is borderline top 5. I have him at 5

Day-V
11-08-2010, 09:45 PM
i know but the list is 50 so i just go by top 50. He is borderline top 5. I have him at 5

Kareem at 5? Who do you have at 1-4?

Trophy
11-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Ya Lance jokes a lot he is funny

When I first read the tweet, I figured Lance was just goofing around.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Kareem at 5? Who do you have at 1-4?

i dont go on pur numers or kareem would be in thier

Wilt, MJ, Bird ,Bill Russel ,Magic(little high) Kareem then oscar then shaq

probly leaving people off. That's my top 9

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 10:01 PM
When I first read the tweet, I figured Lance was just goofing around.

wells is going overboard with all his tweeting

MagicRat
11-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I think Kareem's the greatest, but my dad says he didn't work hard enough on defense. And he says lotsa times Kareem didn't even run down court. And that he didn't really try....except during the playoffs.

Day-V
11-08-2010, 10:08 PM
i dont go on pur numers or kareem would be in thier

Wilt, MJ, Bird ,Bill Russel ,Magic(little high) Kareem then oscar then shaq

probly leaving people off. That's my top 9

I misread and thought you were implying that Kareem was only the 5th best player to come out of New York.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 10:08 PM
I think Kareem's the greatest, but my dad says he didn't work hard enough on defense. And he says lotsa times Kareem didn't even run down court. And that he didn't really try....except during the playoffs.

thats how shaq is now lol. But kareem play forever that skyhook was amazing. I just think wilt and the other players changed the game more than kareem.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 10:09 PM
I misread and thought you were implying that Kareem was only the 5th best player to come out of New York.

LOL god no lol . that would be like saying telfair was the best to come out of NY lol.

Pacers#1Fan
11-08-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm the only person left that hates twitter?

Day-V
11-08-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm the only person left that hates twitter?

This time last year, I hated it too. But, it IS surprisingly addicting.

Anthem
11-08-2010, 10:36 PM
:bowdown:

That's when I developed my drinking problem.

LokenGaro
11-08-2010, 10:43 PM

The hell he didn't! I've been hearing that crap ever since he was at UCLA. He was out there busting his buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.
:laugh:

BlueNGold
11-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Wilt, Russell, Oscar, Magic, Kobe, Larry, Hakeem, Lebron and MJ...and probably others disagree.

Kareem is up there for sure, but he wasn't even the best player on the court for a chunk of his career. When the Lakers played the Celtics, he was usually #3.

OakMoses
11-09-2010, 12:04 AM
I know Bill Simmons is a bit of a polarizing figure, but his Book of Basketball is fascinating reading if you're interested in NBA history. It's also impossible to come away from reading it thinking that Wilt is the best player of all time.

RomanGabriel
11-09-2010, 07:52 AM
There was a fella named Michael Jordan that was born in NYC - granted, he did move to NC during his childhood though. (Same town as Roman G., Wilmington)

BillS
11-09-2010, 09:10 AM
That's when I developed my drinking problem.

Last Wednesday was a hell of a night to give up sniffing glue.

Grover
11-09-2010, 09:26 AM

Roger Murdock!!!!

Justin Tyme
11-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Wilt, Russell, Oscar, Magic, Kobe, Larry, Hakeem, Lebron and MJ...and probably others disagree.

Kareem is up there for sure, but he wasn't even the best player on the court for a chunk of his career. When the Lakers played the Celtics, he was usually #3.

It is debateable Kareem was the best on the Bucks team, but Kareem was a great player during his career.

Anthem
11-09-2010, 10:06 AM
The hell he didn't! I've been hearing that crap ever since he was at UCLA. He was out there busting his buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.
:laugh:
A swing and a miss.

Try this: CLICKY (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=I+think+Kareem%27s+the+greatest%2C+but+my+dad+s ays+he+didn%27t+work+hard+enough+on+defense.+And+h e+says+lotsa+times+Kareem+didn%27t+even+run+down+c ourt.+And+that+he+didn%27t+really+try....except+du ring+the+playoffs.).

IndyProdigy
11-09-2010, 01:09 PM
One word: Starbury.

I'll let you all chew on that for a bit.