PDA

View Full Version : Spreading Pacer Nation Oversees

Nateorade
11-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Hey all, this coming semester I will be spending on a program called semester at sea in which I will travel around the world (bahamas, brazil, ghana, south africa, india, singapore, ho chi minh, china, japan). One of my goals is to get a picture at each port in my pacers gear with some of the locals, I think it would be a cool album to have.

Anyways, I am posting this because I want your opinions on how I should execute this. I was thinking about buying a bunch of old reggie miller jerseys online or something and giving one to a kid in each port and snapping a picture with them. Or maybe I could do some sort of pose in each country.

Essentially I need ideas...What could I do to inspire pacer fandom around the world? (Or at least get a cool series of pictures?)

Hicks
11-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Maybe give them all a copy of 'Winning Time?'

Nateorade
11-07-2010, 10:08 PM
haha that would do it...but it would also make me broke...

RamBo_Lamar
11-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Maybe a more contemporary jersey like Danny Granger's.
He is already a huge celebrity in Indonesia.

Maybe also take some Boomer dolls to present to the village elders.
That should definately score some brownie points.

;-)

Isaac
11-08-2010, 07:40 AM
I have a picture of myself wearing Pacers stuff in Hong Kong, Barcelona, the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador, a few assorted spots in Ireland, Costa Rica and the Bahamas. Now I live in Bogota, Colombia and will get at least a few here and in Venezuela when I go there for my work visa.

Nateorade
11-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I have a picture of myself wearing Pacers stuff in Hong Kong, Barcelona, the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador, a few assorted spots in Ireland, Costa Rica and the Bahamas. Now I live in Bogota, Colombia and will get at least a few here and in Venezuela when I go there for my work visa.

Nice! That is close to what I was thinking...

boombaby_rm31
11-09-2010, 05:34 PM
pacers are really big in the philippines

Trophy
11-09-2010, 05:41 PM
When I was on a European cruise 2 summers ago, I was wearing a Pacers shirt and a Greek store worker comes up to me and was like "Amercian team?"

I had no clue what he was talking about and then I said "the Pacers?"

He's like "yes are they good?" and I said "yes the greatest in pro basketball!"

Then he started talking about soccer and what not to the point where I lost interest.

Who knows maybe I spread the word and Greece loves the Pacers now too or at least that guy does.

Hicks
11-09-2010, 05:46 PM
You told him the 2008-2009 Pacers were 'the greatest in pro basketball!' ?

Well, better than saying it about last year's team!

Trophy
11-09-2010, 05:49 PM
You told him the 2008-2009 Pacers were 'the greatest in pro basketball!' ?

Well, better than saying it about last year's team!

Just wanted to send a positive message about the team. :laugh:

It sounded like he didn't even know what the NBA was.

He was really more interested in talking soccer with me which I had no clue what he was talking about when he was mentioning teams and players and rules.

cdash
11-09-2010, 05:50 PM

Goodness gracious. Are you in the Peace Corps or something?

BQQ
11-09-2010, 05:51 PM
strong fan base in Poland, especially older fans - Reggie era, but even now in some survey Pacers are in top 10 popular teams in Poland

Justin Tyme
11-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Well, I'll play Anthem. The thread title had me wondering what the Pacers were overseeing when the thread creator meant overseas.

Good luck in your travels, and enjoy your time there.

travmil
11-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Someone in Pacers marketing should read this and hook this guy up with some free swag to hand out. It wouldn't take much, a few jerseys, some shirts, posters, something. Maybe they'll like the idea of the pictures or maybe you could blog about it.

Nateorade
11-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Well, I'll play Anthem. The thread title had me wondering what the Pacers were overseeing when the thread creator meant overseas.

Good luck in your travels, and enjoy your time there.

Woops haha, I had a bad feeling i had a typo in there, I read over my post but i forgot to double check the title!

And thanks for the luck...I wonder if I could get some swag on ebay for cheap...