PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see get a little burn early on in the season?

Kemo
11-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Who would you like to at least sniff the floor a little bit early on this season?

Me personally , besides the obvious of AJ PRICE ... (that in itself is a whole 'nother thread waiting to happen..lol) ... I'd like to see Lance off of the inactive list , and for JOB to throw him a bone..
IMO , Lance is all "dogg" and could be one hell of an injection of offense into an offensively slumping rotation..

These last 2 games , it would have been the perfect chance to give Lance some minutes.. Especially when the whole lineup can't shoot a fish in a barrel..

Lance has been praised constantly for his unbelievable offensive abilities , by Bird and JoB , but that he was lacking defense...
I don't see why he couldn't come in as a spark when everyone else is playing like *****... For 10 -15 minutes ..

Bball
11-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Who would you like to see get a little burn early on in the season?

Jim O'Brien's effigy....

JonnyB83
11-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I was going to yell, as best as you can via a computer, AJ Price but you took him out of the equation...

Kemo
11-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I was going to yell, as best as you can via a computer, AJ Price but you took him out of the equation...

Oh I agree I didn't take him out of the equation, except for my own opinion , because he is a GIVEN and IMHO has EARNED to at the least be out primary backup , 1st off the bench pg..

There is no question in my mind that AJ should be getting 16 mpg at least..

BlueNGold
11-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Most of the players are getting on the court, but I would like to see Brandon....Jeff instead of Solo...and AJ instead of TJ...and Tyler instead of Posey....more Paul George...less Mike Dunleavy.

When I say "instead of"...I mean that the player being replaced doesn't play a minute. I don't even want to see them on the court...unless it's garbage time or there's an injury.

Sookie
11-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Um..AJ..duh..
I'd like to see Brandon and George get plenty of time and decrease Dun's (although we can still play him)
I'd also like to have Tyler be the only big off the bench..and heck, I'll allow JOB to move Danny to the 4 if necessary, until Foster is healthy.

Hicks
11-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Point: DC first, AJ second, TJ third.

Wing: Danny first, Rush second, George third, Mike fourth

Post: Roy first, Josh second, Tyler third, kill me fourth.

pacer4ever
11-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Who would you like to at least sniff the floor a little bit early on this season?

Me personally , besides the obvious of AJ PRICE ... (that in itself is a whole 'nother thread waiting to happen..lol) ... I'd like to see Lance off of the inactive list , and for JOB to throw him a bone..
IMO , Lance is all "dogg" and could be one hell of an injection of offense into an offensively slumping rotation..

These last 2 games , it would have been the perfect chance to give Lance some minutes.. Especially when the whole lineup can't shoot a fish in a barrel..

Lance has been praised constantly for his unbelievable offensive abilities , by Bird and JoB , but that he was lacking defense...
I don't see why he couldn't come in as a spark when everyone else is playing like *****... For 10 -15 minutes ..

i agree

Kegboy
11-06-2010, 08:46 PM
I think the feeling is Lance will give up just as much as he gets, if not moreso.

It's really quite ridiculous AJ isn't even getting dressed, but quite ridiculous coaching decisions have been the norm for quite a while, haven't they. :(

pacer4ever
11-06-2010, 08:47 PM
I think the feeling is Lance will give up just as much as he gets, if not moreso.
It's really quite ridiculous AJ isn't even getting dressed, but quite ridiculous coaching decisions have been the norm for quite a while, haven't they. :(

Thats how i feel about Mike Dunleavy.

Lance hasnt been given a shot so we cant really know until we see him in a regular season game. He defened well vs chicago.

Sookie
11-06-2010, 08:50 PM

I think that'll change with BRush being back. I think Dahntay will go back to being on IR and AJ will dress. If only because of TJ's hammy, and we've got 4 wings....at least until Foster is healthy. And then Price is back on IR....

pwee31
11-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Price or Stephenson. It's hard to believe before the Collison trade, one of these 2 guys were the projected starter, and when the season starts...neither of them dresses?

Especially Price who clearly outplayed Ford in the preseason...b/c Ford didn't play, but what do I know?

PacersPride
11-06-2010, 08:54 PM
i think expectations of Stephenson are a little higher than they should be. i dont put much stock into his summer league performance, and if the kid truly was a difference maker, he would not have gone mid 2nd, regardless of character issues.

with that said, LS is a project, so i guess give him a chance, but i could care less if he ever sees the court. i woulda preferred we kept rolle and gave him burn over solo.

BlueNGold
11-06-2010, 08:55 PM
AJ = Last year's McBob
TJ = Last year's Murphy

1) Last year McBob clearly shows value on court
2) McBob is sat on the bench
3) Murphy gets a ton of minutes
4) Murphy is traded
5) McBob this year is amazingly the best player early in the season

Replace the names and see if they make sense.

Anyway, I think AJ is left in street clothes, so JOb doesn't have to call his great games irrelevant too....to conceal the fact the Pacers are show-casing TJ instead of Murphy this time.

cdash
11-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Obviously, we'd all like to see AJ Price. I'd like to not see Solomon Jones, but I think Foster's health is a legitimate concern. I wouldn't mind seeing Lance Stephenson get sent down to the D-League. It's an available resource, why aren't we using it? He needs some game time to help his defensive awareness and with Rush coming back, we don't have enough wing minutes for him to see the court as it is.

pacer4ever
11-06-2010, 09:05 PM
AJ = Last year's McBob
TJ and mike dunleavy= Last year's Murphy
1) Last year McBob clearly shows value on court
2) McBob is sat on the bench
3) Murphy gets a ton of minutes
4) Murphy is traded
5) McBob this year is amazingly the best player early in the season

Replace the names and see if they make sense.

Anyway, I think AJ is left in street clothes, so JOb doesn't have to call his great games irrelevant too....to conceal the fact the Pacers are show-casing TJ instead of Murphy this time.

fixed

pwee31
11-06-2010, 09:10 PM
fixed

I think you missed the point of his post :confused:

No fixing is necessary :hmm:

jeffg-body
11-06-2010, 09:27 PM
I personally would definitely like to see AJ and not TJ. Also I would like to see PG get more minutes, even if it takes putting Danny at the four for short stints. I would also like to see a little Lance if possible. I know his D is crap right now but why not see what we have and if it is not gonna break into the rotation this year, D league him and let him develop.

Brad8888
11-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Foster has a bad ankle sprain from what we have been told, so he is not an option, which is sad. Inactive status for now, and it would not surprise me to see an unofficial retirement not very long from now I'm afraid, after which we probably should trade his contract once he agrees to terms of a buyout.

AJ Price should start, and get as many minutes as Collison.

Collison should follow AJ until Collison learns how to make better decisions and not stagnate the offense with his ball dominance, while also figuring out that defense is not all about steals.

Ford should be dressed, but not play much.

Dahntay in small spurts is marginally OK, but the offense suffers and he destroys the team defensive concept, and is called for more than his share of fouls due to his reputation. He should be dressed, though.

Posey should pretty much not play unless there are about 4 guys in foul trouble, or massive injuries or illnesses, or a combination thereof.

Solomon means well, but he should not be on the roster. Inactive status for him, with the team playing without a center when Hibbert is not on the floor. No center would be better than having one the way Solo plays it a lot of the time.

Stephenson would further damage the flow of the Pacers offense, if that is possible at this point, and our bigs would not last even as long as they currently do with the fouls they would commit cleaning up Lance's messes defensively. If there were ever someone who would benefit from the experience of the D-League, it is Lance Stephenson. He needs to learn how to play basketball, not just score. Inactive status for him is fine at this point if the D-League is not an option.

For the rest:

Granger would do well to have his load lightened a bit, so I hope O'Brien is serious about reducing his minutes slightly until he gets his concentration back. Not as a demotion, just as a refresher. He didn't have the summer completely off like everyone else did, despite not playing for Team USA much. It may have taken its toll.

Even when Hansbrough is not very effective, he is not often a negative, so he deserves more time than he has gotten.

McRoberts is now experiencing the NBA for almost the first time, and it shows. I hope he continues to be given a chance, but I fear that Posey will be starting within about a week or two if things don't change for Josh, and they probably won't now that other teams have seen how to attack our defensive scheme once again, by driving past our point guards and wings, leaving Josh (and our other bigs) vulnerable to fouling as usual. So, O'B will be able to say "I told you so" despite Josh never having a full chance to develop previously.

Dunleavy should be given fewer minutes in a backup role until Rush proves he can't play effectively as the starter on offense, which, unfortunately, I anticipate happening pretty quickly. So, Dunleavy will get more minutes than he can handle, and his effectiveness will be reduced as a result, especially over the course of the entire season.

Rush's defense will probably be viewed as irrelevant despite the fact it will probably receive praise from O'B in the media. If he doesn't score more, he won't play as much this year due to the presence of George, unless he is being showcased.

George is getting about the right amount of minutes, but that will change with Rush coming back, especially if O'Brien doesn't reduce Granger's minutes.

Obviously, Hibbert needs all the minutes he can handle, and will get them. There is absolutely no choice, even in the bizarro rotation world of O'Brien, for things to be otherwise.

Mark
11-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Point: DC first, AJ second, TJ third.

Wing: Danny first, Rush second, George third, Mike fourth

Post: Roy first, Josh second, Tyler third, kill me fourth.

My thoughts exactly