PDA

View Full Version : Pacer Fan Pulse: TJ Ford - 11/06/10

Hicks
11-06-2010, 01:32 PM
A simple poll to try to take the pulse of the fan base as of today (11/06/10) on TJ Ford's game.

BRushWithDeath
11-06-2010, 01:34 PM
The sooner he is out, the better.

Hicks
11-06-2010, 01:35 PM
A few of you read the thread before the poll was up. Be sure to vote!

Will Galen
11-06-2010, 01:37 PM
At this time I'm okay with whatever the Pacers brass do. They know things we don't. For all we know they are showcasing TJ.

Sookie
11-06-2010, 01:38 PM
heh....

ECKrueger
11-06-2010, 01:42 PM
I like him, seems like a good guy and can help the team. I would rather see AJ as the backup though.

beast23
11-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Don't like him, but he should be playing over AJ until AJ works his way back to FULL health. I don't know whether AJ is fully healthy yet or not, but he probably is a little bit rusty. I'm hoping within 3-4 weeks AJ is ready and capable to step in as the backup.

Sookie
11-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Don't like him, but he should be playing over AJ until AJ works his way back to FULL health. I don't know whether AJ is fully healthy yet or not, but he probably is a little bit rusty. I'm hoping within 3-4 weeks AJ is ready and capable to step in as the backup.

I think AJ is actually healthier than TJ right now.

I wonder how much trade value TJ will have if he tears his hamstring because he's playing injured..

btw: I assumed "I don't like him" means, I don't like the way he plays, not "I have a problem with TJ Ford the person" Because I've said repeatedly, he's handled himself in an extremely professional manner, and I respect him (along with the rest of the kids that have been screwed over repeatedly) for it.

McKeyFan
11-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm tired of trying to apply logic to a JOB coached basketball team.

Brad8888
11-06-2010, 03:14 PM
During the pregame before last night's Bucks game, AJ Price was interviewed for a very short time by Stacy Paetz. During that interview, AJ stated that he is healthy and feeling great, and is keeping his morale high while waiting for his chance.

Any speculation about his inactive status being due to his health can be put to rest at this point.

BringJackBack
11-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Three years with TJ and he hasn't improved any anything at all. He's playing around 20 mpg and he's making me sick.

Three years is enough, sheesh.

Trophy
11-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I want to see AJ back on the court. His lock on shooting is needed.

I think Darren knows what he's doing, he doesn't need a veteran backing him up.

Sookie
11-06-2010, 04:14 PM
During the pregame before last night's Bucks game, AJ Price was interviewed for a very short time by Stacy Paetz. During that interview, AJ stated that he is healthy and feeling great, and is keeping his morale high while waiting for his chance.

Any speculation about his inactive status being due to his health can be put to rest at this point.

That's about the same thing Dahntay said a few days ago.

I feel like I keep harping this, but Dahntay is the closest thing this team has to a veteran leader. And has been since he's gotten here. I'm sure he's in AJ's ear, about keeping his "morale high." Must be tough though..under any reasonable coach, he (AJ) would be playing.

I've seen him (Dahntay) be an effective basketball player. He's a twenty minute a game defensive stopper (for guys that are his height and smaller...HE CAN'T GUARD POWER FORWARDS...shocking..)

It'd be nice if we had a coach that would use players correctly.

imawhat
11-06-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't like him and I think he's gone next year so every minute he plays is a minute wasted in the development of our other players.

I think he's a valuable player in a disciplined system that allows the point guard to dominate the ball.

idioteque
11-06-2010, 06:13 PM
TJ is alright but woefully inconsistent. He's alright out there as instant offense in limited spurts. He's a homeless man's Allen Iverson and has a horrible basketball IQ. Anyone who think he can play point guard well for sustained periods of time night in and night out is crazy.

Scot Pollard
11-07-2010, 01:03 AM
i find him to be a little rude to the fans and hes not very good so theres my answer

not typically to me personally he gives me high fives for whenever i wear his jersey

i dont like him and he should be 3rd string

DaveP63
11-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Square peg in a round hole. Either change the shape of the hole (JOB) or you can find a square hole to put him in somewhere else. The real issue I (and many others) have is the fly up court, dribble straight into the teeth of the defense with absolutely NO idea of what I want to do next, while everyone stands around and watches...Having said all that. He is a consummate pro and I think his behavior has been beyond reproach in regards to his benching, etc.

BlueNGold
11-07-2010, 10:13 AM
I guess I don't like his game either, but as a third string PG I think he's very good.

Trophy
11-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Thank God no one voted him to be starting.

ChicagoJ
11-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I guess I don't like his game either, but as a third string PG I think he's very good.

Well put. :D

I'm sure my selection in the poll won't surprise anyone around here.

Unclebuck
11-08-2010, 11:36 AM
I voted, that I don't like him and I don't want him to play at all.

But he is not without NBA talent, so I don't think playing him is unreasonable

Justin Tyme
11-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Thank God no one voted him to be starting.

Wait wait, I haven't voted yet! :D

ChicagoJ
11-08-2010, 01:15 PM
I voted, that I don't like him and I don't want him to play at all.

But he is not without NBA talent, so I don't think playing him is unreasonable

Having a couple of NBA-caliber skills does not make you a good NBA player. He's got great quickness, no doubt about that. And I guess he can dribble. But he can't penetrate under control, so bad things happen, and he can't shoot and he's lazy and undersized on defense. Its, of course, a similar scouting report to Travis Best who was a productive sixth man. Except that Travis prided himself on defensive effort. Now there were times that Travis's lack of size was just too much to overcome, but at least he tried to play defense. And Travis could occasionally create for others as part of his dribble penetration and we've reached the point that whenever TJ creates something out of his dribble penetration we all shout, "YEESH!!! ITS ABOUT TIME!" Except we don't really say "YEESH!!!"

jhondog28
11-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Hicks were you just going to do only Ford and Dun or other players as well. I am curious escpecially about Granger right now and fans reaction?

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Hicks were you just going to do only Ford and Dun or other players as well. I am curious escpecially about Granger right now and fans reaction?

ya can u do every player and JOB lol

Hicks
11-08-2010, 11:06 PM
I might do others in the future. These were the two I was mostly interested in right now.

Trophy
11-08-2010, 11:08 PM

I doubt anyone would think Danny should play backup or 3rd string and nearly everyone here likes him.

I'm curious as to what people have to say about AJ, Lance and James.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 11:16 PM
I might do others in the future. These were the two I was mostly interested in right now.

what about PG24

15th parallel
11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
TJ is a good player...but not just here in the Pacers. His play is not really well suited for the type of offense we run through.