PDA

View Full Version : The Mike Dunleavy UN appreciation thread

ReggiesUncle
11-06-2010, 12:51 PM
This guy is just terrible there is no getting around it...$10.5 million this year. Un-freaking-believable

Through 5 games

Minutes-35
FGS%-35
3PT%-24
FT%-69
REB-7 (only respectable stat he has)
PTS-10.2

did I mention he is getting paid $10.5 million this season? thank god it's finally the last year he is under contract with the team

I cringe every time he touches the ball...am I alone in this??

jhondog28
11-06-2010, 01:00 PM
I like Mike. :) I think he gets a bad rap on this board personally, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I think he is the least of our problems. Our starting PG is only averaging 4 assits and three turnovers and is shooting the same percentage as Mike. Our star player has been lets face it average at best. To me we just have lacked movement and we look lost out there. I actually think we will get better as the season goes on mainly due to the fact that Collison will get a better feel for the other player tendencies. By the way McBob should never shoot a three again.

Sookie
11-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I like Dun.

He's cold right now, but he was shooting well in the preseason. Yea, he doesn't defend well, and probaby isn't a good starting SG. But it's not his faut he's played 35 minutes a game.

Dun is a lot like Murphy, imo. I don't think anyone would have had a problem with Murphy if he was played 20 minutes a game, as a little offense off the bench. But no, they're both played 40.

BRushWithDeath
11-06-2010, 01:25 PM
By the way McBob should never shoot a three again.

Josh is shooting 44% from 3.

Mike is shooting 24%.

Mackey_Rose
11-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Josh is shooting 44% from 3.

Mike is shooting 24%.

He would have to go make two of his next sixteen in order to equal the great sharp-shooter that is Mike Dunleavy.

BBQ
11-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Dunleavy was getting scored on every possession down the stretch last night. I'm tired of that.

ChicagoJ
11-06-2010, 05:45 PM
You're probably not alone. But I strongly disagree with your premise, your reliance on stats, and your conclusion.

Mike's contributions for fantasy basketball probably aren't very good. But real basketball, played on a court instead of a computer, needs players like Mike. I'd rather he be the sixth man, but that's still Brandon's fault.

imawhat
11-06-2010, 05:48 PM
I guess playoff basketball isn't real basketball.

vnzla81
11-06-2010, 05:56 PM
I just want to know what is Mike doing? Is he coming? Or is he going?

ReggiesUncle
11-06-2010, 06:06 PM
You're probably not alone. But I strongly disagree with your premise, your reliance on stats, and your conclusion.

Mike's contributions for fantasy basketball probably aren't very good. But real basketball, played on a court instead of a computer, needs players like Mike. I'd rather he be the sixth man, but that's still Brandon's fault.

i dont play fantasy basketball so i could care less about his numbers for that reason.

When a "shooter" is only shooting 24% from 3 pt land when that is supposed to be his bread and butter I have cause for concern. He takes bad shots all the time and even when they go it (35% of the time) they are usually not good shots

and when you miss a whole lot more than you make chances are you arent going to win many games so ya stats are kind of important to analyze

cdash
11-06-2010, 06:08 PM
I guess someone had to be the whipping boy once Troy Murphy got shipped out of town. Dunleavy has been a lightning rod on this board since the season began. That said, we already have like three other threads dedicated to Dunleavy, did we really need another one?

BringJackBack
11-06-2010, 06:22 PM
I guess someone had to be the whipping boy once Troy Murphy got shipped out of town. Dunleavy has been a lightning rod on this board since the season began. That said, we already have like three other threads dedicated to Dunleavy, did we really need another one?

I do agree with you thoughts. He shouldn't be being slaughtered like this every single second on the board. He is not a bad player at all. Perhaps he doesn't deserve all his minutes, but he is a nice player off the bench. But I must point this out:

35 mpg, 35% fg, 24% 3fg, and 10 ppg

That is beyond unacceptable whipping boy or not. Same with Darren Collison with his terrible percentages.

Mike just seems out of place. It reminds me of an old player trying to do it all on a different team ala Dominique Wilkins, AI in Det/Phi/Mem, and Jermaine O'Neal every time he has said the word dominate. Obviously this is to a much lesser degree considering that Mike isn't near the level of those players, but he's hurting our team with that attitude towards his current role which is facilitator and kickout jumpshooter. Instead he's overdribbling, taking very bad shots in crucial points in the game, and not looking for other players.

BlueNGold
11-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Mike has not been playing well. I can't tell if he's going to turn it around, but there was a time when he would not miss unguarded threes. His shot is off and his defense is worse than it used to be IMO. He does have some nice exchanges with Hibbert, but that's not enough to keep him on the floor.

So...I think he needs to play limited minutes and prove he can still get it done...because it's now time to start doubting that.

Kegboy
11-06-2010, 09:04 PM
I guess someone had to be the whipping boy once Troy Murphy got shipped out of town.

Of course, but it should be the coach.

:whip2:

Mike's a serviceable player. Sure, his shot sucks and he's not necessarily a defensive asset, but he's really been hitting those boards. Oh, wait, sounds like somebody else we know... :blush:

Seriously, Mike significantly outplayed Delfino last night. Might not seem like much, but all you can ask of a guy is too outplay his opposite.

Hibbert
11-06-2010, 09:15 PM

Nobody has Mike on their fantasy basketball team, if they do than they don't take it very seriously. Mike in real life on the court is worthless. Tell me what he brings to the table and why do we need a player like him on the court? I want to know what you see that I have not seen for 3 years, even than it wasn't impressive.

Hibbert
11-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Seriously, Mike significantly outplayed Delfino last night. Might not seem like much, but all you can ask of a guy is too outplay his opposite.

Delfino? You mean John Salmons right? Cause that's who Done was on all night and he killed us in the 2nd half.

cramerica
11-06-2010, 10:16 PM
They hatred on this board for Dunleavy is getting old and tiresome.

Day-V
11-06-2010, 11:06 PM

Dunleavy refusing to guard anybody and missing wide-open jumpshot after wide-open jumpshot is getting old and tiresome.

vnzla81
11-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Dunleavy refusing to guard anybody and missing wide-open jumpshot after wide-open jumpshot is getting old and tiresome.

Dunleavy running around not knowing were to go pretending he is such a good offensive weapon is getting old and tiresome.

Dece
11-06-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't really like the revisionist sort of post that suggest people hating on Dunleavy is a new development just because Murphy is gone. Some people, like me, but hardly not only me, have been hating on Dunleavy since the trade was made.

He isn't a new whipping boy, and even that is poor language, it implies he doesn't deserve it when he does, he's a guy I and others have despised having play a major role on this team from day 1.

There's a reason Murphleavy has been a pejorative term, and it wasn't because Murphy was too simple...it was about both of them.

That said, yea, we don't really need fresh threads targeting his relative uselessness.

Scot Pollard
11-07-2010, 12:52 AM
dunleavy is useless

cdash
11-07-2010, 01:38 AM
I don't really like the revisionist sort of post that suggest people hating on Dunleavy is a new development just because Murphy is gone. Some people, like me, but hardly not only me, have been hating on Dunleavy since the trade was made.

He isn't a new whipping boy, and even that is poor language, it implies he doesn't deserve it when he does, he's a guy I and others have despised having play a major role on this team from day 1.

There's a reason Murphleavy has been a pejorative term, and it wasn't because Murphy was too simple...it was about both of them.

That said, yea, we don't really need fresh threads targeting his relative uselessness.

He is the new whipping boy. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it and I'm not saying that people haven't felt this way for awhile, but you can't deny that the *****ing about Dunleavy hasn't increased tenfold this season as compared to last season.

MLB007
11-07-2010, 02:02 AM
How many of you guys whined about Troy all last year?
Who you will you whine about next year?
;)

El Pacero
11-07-2010, 02:21 AM
How many of you guys whined about Troy all last year?
Who you will you whine about next year?
;)

Hopefully not Solo ;)

Sookie
11-07-2010, 02:29 AM
He is the new whipping boy. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it and I'm not saying that people haven't felt this way for awhile, but you can't deny that the *****ing about Dunleavy hasn't increased tenfold this season as compared to last season.

Well yes, because Murphy was here...

Although, I still think, that people wouldn't mind either nearly as much if they were 20 mpg players, not 40 mpg players..

cdash
11-07-2010, 03:45 AM
Well yes, because Murphy was here...

Although, I still think, that people wouldn't mind either nearly as much if they were 20 mpg players, not 40 mpg players..

Yeah I agree. I like Dunleavy okay at 20-25 mpg. When he is playing 35+ though...meh, that's way too much for a guy who has struggled like he has.

HC
11-07-2010, 06:55 AM
It is clearly Dunleavy's fault that Granger had a million unforced turnovers Friday night.

Kegboy
11-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Delfino? You mean John Salmons right? Cause that's who Done was on all night and he killed us in the 2nd half.

That took all of 16 minutes.

Dunleavy and Delfino play the same role, just like Salmons and Granger play the same role. You don't expect Delfino to play like Granger, do you?

vnzla81
11-07-2010, 09:52 AM

To be fair Dunleavy was hurt for two years, I think that was the reason why nobody said anything, now he is 100% healthy so we can complain about him :D

Hibbert
11-07-2010, 12:17 PM
It is clearly Dunleavy's fault that Granger had a million unforced turnovers Friday night.

Forced or unforced, a turnover is a turnover. Jason Kidd has an NBA record 14 to's in a single game. If you look at last night's box scores several star type players had 7 to's, it happens. The better players in the league always have the most to's cause they have the ball more than others. It's JOB's and Rush's fault that Dun is starting and playing all these minutes when he clearly can't and shouldn't. His legs are gone and can no longer shoot the 3, if he would realize this and accept it, he could be of much more use to this team. Take his 3's away this year and he would be shooting over 44% FG on the year. This team has a lot more problems other than Dunleavy, I think a lot of people are tired of seeing him get a ton of minutes when JOB in fact said every player will have to earn their minutes this year. Mike has not earned his minutes.

Mackey_Rose
11-07-2010, 12:44 PM

Dunleavy being too lazy to use his super powered telekinetic basketball brain to will the ball into the basket is getting old and tiresome.

Scot Pollard
11-07-2010, 01:39 PM
the b-rush force all the way baby

no more dunleavy

graphic-er
11-07-2010, 11:51 PM
How about that play where Granger was wide open on the break and Dunleavy lead the pass to far away from Granger and past the goal and out of bounds. That's a Mike Dunleavy play right there.

owl
11-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Dunleavy was getting scored on every possession down the stretch last night. I'm tired of that.

This right here negates anything positive he does.

pacer4ever
11-08-2010, 09:53 AM
This right hear negates anything positive he does.

ive been saying that since we made that trade he has always sucked on defense

IndyPacer
11-08-2010, 10:02 AM

Don't overlook the impact of that Dunleavy > Rush thread by the Mike Dunleavy Fanclub. I was just eager to get Rush back into the starting lineup and hoping Dunleavy at least got his offense going, but that thread really started to irritate me to the point that I don't even want to hear about Dunleavy. There is some unbelievable and revolting Dunleavy worshiping going on in that thread. His diehard fans trash talking Rush and putting Dun on a pedestal when he's been gawdaful has lead to Dunleavy hate as much as anything around here.

beast23
11-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Don't overlook the impact of that Dunleavy > Rush thread by the Mike Dunleavy Fanclub. I was just eager to get Rush back into the starting lineup and hoping Dunleavy at least got his offense going, but that thread really started to irritate me to the point that I don't even want to hear about Dunleavy. There is some unbelievable and revolting Dunleavy worshiping going on in that thread. His diehard fans trash talking Rush and putting Dun on a pedestal when he's been gawdaful has lead to Dunleavy hate as much as anything around here.Pot, meet the kettle.

ReggiesUncle
11-10-2010, 12:30 AM
and what do u know Dumbleavy has no problems hitting 3s when they are up by 20

he is like a-rod hittin one run homers when the yanks are up by 7 in the 8th inning

yawn....come at me when he makes some meaningful shots

travmil
11-10-2010, 12:38 AM
:haters:

Hicks
11-10-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm happy when any Pacer plays well. I overall don't care for Mike Dunelavy because too often he doesn't play all that well. But tonight was fun.

beast23
11-10-2010, 01:40 AM

he is like a-rod hittin one run homers when the yanks are up by 7 in the 8th inning

yawn....come at me when he makes some meaningful shotsNo offense, but you have to be kidding me. DunJr started the game 0-4. He finished 9-13, hitting his last nine consecutive shots. I don't recall any of the shots being short range shots. Nine consecutive jumpers.

I don't care whether they were down by 15 or up by 100. Hitting nine consecutive long-range shots in a live game is an accomplisment.

Jeesh, you would think that a Pacer fan would be happy that a Pacer that was struggling with his shooting might have taken a positive step in getting that corrected this evening.

Are you so polarized by the Rush-Dunleavy debate that you have forgotten that it is the TEAM that you are rooting for?

Day-V
11-10-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm happy when any Pacer plays well. I overall don't care for Mike Dunelavy because too often he doesn't play all that well. But tonight was fun.

My thoughts exactly.

Indra
11-10-2010, 06:40 AM

yawn....come at me when he makes some meaningful shots

I don't even know where to begin with a post like this. It's childish and ignorant, and contains some of the worst logic I've ever seen. Dunleavy has an amazing game, and you still find the time to crawl in here and whine about it. Name one player on the current Pacers roster you would have rather had in there for the 3rd quarter over Mike.

Pacergeek
11-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I have said it before, and I will say it again. If you think Dunleavy is terrible, and you think that he does nothing good for the Pacers when healthy, then you don't know much about basketball.

Sorry, but hitting for 30 in the NBA is impressive. And 24 in a quarter is just ridiculouis. If you hit for 30, you dont "suck."

graphic-er
11-10-2010, 10:26 AM
My thoughts are, did Brandon Rush coming back and tearing it up in the first half have anything to do with Dunleavy exploding like this? Subconscious motivator? At the half I was saying, no way JOB sticks with Dun as the starter. Then Dunleavy lowered the boom.

PaceBalls
11-10-2010, 10:28 AM
That magical third quarter Mike had is finally going to replace that 2007 Knicks game as the game everyone refers when defending Mike. It only took him 3 more years to have another great game!

As awesome a shooting display as that was, and even if some of you don't believe in hot streaks... :laugh: Mike has alot more bad games than good games.

One good shooting night doesn't change my stance on him. Which is, the negatives outweigh the positives. If he can shoot near a 50% clip though, he becomes much more valuable for the offense.

Earlier in the year I was thinking he should be playing with the 2nd unit to help them along, but I realize that would be disastrous as Dun requires everyone to know where to go and keep moving. He needs to be out there with veterans to be effective. I think his best role is like 20mpg with the main core of guys who know what they are doing, definitely not the rookies.

PacerGuy
11-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I have said it before, and I will say it again. If you think Dunleavy is terrible, and you think that he does nothing good for the Pacers when healthy, then you don't know much about basketball."

THIS!

My thoughts are, did Brandon Rush coming back and tearing it up in the first half have anything to do with Dunleavy exploding like this? Subconscious motivator? At the half I was saying, no way JOB sticks with Dun as the starter. Then Dunleavy lowered the boom.

And THIS.

IMO B.Rush made everyone better l/n, but likely did motivate Dun the most. Motivate or inspire, whatever you want to call it. B.Rush played like everyone has wanted him to for soooo long l/n He was nasty & aggressive & he played team ball. What I think really got Dun going, besides hit that 1st long 3 on his 5th attempt, was that aggressive rebound & put bach he had under the basket. I think the combo of being pushed/ motivated/ inspired by B.Rush's agressive play helped get Dun aggressive & focused. His intensity definately increased after B.Rush's first rotation, and once any shooter sees a few fall, & they are "into the gome", que the the video game unconsious streek! Dun did not miss a shot after he hit that 5th attempt at a 3. He was 9-13. Thats what happened to Dun & IMO it is exactly what he (& this team) needed. Dun can be a very valuable guy on this team. He does so many of the unnoticed things, he has a high B-Ball IQ, & is a needed veteran presense on a team w/o mush in that area.
I love having Granger/Rush/Dun/George as our wings!!! Love It!!!

naptownmenace
11-10-2010, 12:04 PM

Exact same thing I thought too. Mike was feeling the pressure and heat from Rush's return. I guess he showed he's not going back to the bench without a fight. Great game from him.
He's a streaky type of player and when his shot is on, it's usually on for a few games.

That means good things for the Pacers. Rush played great off the bench. Here's hoping he can be the 6th man type player the Pacers need from the bench.

ReggiesUncle
11-10-2010, 12:51 PM
The replies to my post are hilarious to say the least. What I am saying is that he has no problem hitting shots when there is no pressure. Yes he started the game 0-5 and then caught fire in the 3rd when they were pouring in the points. He is supposed to be a great shooter but he is the last person I want taking a shot with the game on the line, and it shouldn't be that way.

If you think MikeD is an asset to this team or any NBA team you know nothing about basketball and have no right bashing my opinion on the guy. I expect NBA players to perform under pressure and he doesn't. Yes it was nice to see him make nine shots in a row but let's do that when we actually need the buckets, not when we are up by 15-20 points and the D is letting you take open shots.

End rant

GO Pacers!

vnzla81
11-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Lets hope Mike keeps playing like this so we can have a nice trading piece by the trade deadline :cool:

BillS
11-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Dun started hitting when we were up by 9, not 20. Are you saying that Denver's defense gave up when down by only 9 and that's why Dun hit from that point on?

Sookie
11-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Lets hope Mike keeps playing like this so we can have a nice trading piece by the trade deadline :cool:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind re-signing Dun for a lot lower of a cost. We could have Rush and George at the SG position, and Dun backing up Danny.

Now TJ......

Mackey_Rose
11-10-2010, 01:05 PM
As a fervent believer that Mike Dunleavy has done far more harm to this team than good, even I can't discount anything about what he did in the 3rd quarter last night. He got hot, he stayed hot, and everything he threw up went in.

Flox, if that wasn't a hot streak, you are right, they don't exist.

vnzla81
11-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Dun started hitting when we were up by 9, not 20. Are you saying that Denver's defense gave up when down by only 9 and that's why Dun hit from that point on?

I have giving Mike credit for playing well last night, either way it seems to me like the Nuggets have some issues going on, Melo looks like he doesn't care to play for them anymore, the Pacers were making shots but also Denver didn't care to play much D.

vnzla81
11-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind re-signing Dun for a lot lower of a cost. We could have Rush and George at the SG position, and Dun backing up Danny.

Now TJ......

I rather have a chance to get AK47

Hibbert
11-10-2010, 03:04 PM

This was Denver's 4th game in 5 days, they were exhausted and it showed. We played a great game as a team but we also got lucky with the scheduling.

Sookie
11-10-2010, 03:07 PM
This was Denver's 4th game in 5 days, they were exhausted and it showed. We played a great game as a team but we also got lucky with the scheduling.

Actually, I think we got unlucky with the scheduling.

Playing like that, we would have beaten anyone..we probably would have beaten Denver without the hot streak.

Hibbert
11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I have giving Mike credit for playing well last night, either way it seems to me like the Nuggets have some issues going on, Melo looks like he doesn't care to play for them anymore, the Pacers were making shots but also Denver didn't care to play much D.

As I have stated before, this was Denver's 4th game in 5 days. Carmelo has been tearing it up and the first 3 games before he played us he scored 30, 27, and 32. He cares to play but only so much gas left in his tank after that schedule, that goes for the whole team. Let's see how well we play when we get them Jan. 23rd on 2 days rest.

Hibbert
11-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Actually, I think we got unlucky with the scheduling.

Playing like that, we would have beaten anyone..we probably would have beaten Denver without the hot streak.

We had 4 days rest, they had no rest whatsoever. How did we get unlucky?

BillS
11-10-2010, 03:18 PM
We had 4 days rest, they had no rest whatsoever. How did we get unlucky?

Because if you accept the premise that the Pacers were playing extremely well, it seems unlucky that it was seemingly wasted against an exhausted opponent.

BRushWithDeath
11-10-2010, 03:26 PM
My displeasure with Mike was entirely unrelated to his ridiculously horrible shooting prior to last night. My feelings have not changed because of one ridiculously good shooting quarter.

Hibbert
11-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Because if you accept the premise that the Pacers were playing extremely well, it seems unlucky that it was seemingly wasted against an exhausted opponent.

Yeah we played great and it was a good win but us having 4 days rest and them playing their 4th in 5 days definitely played a factor.

Will Galen
11-10-2010, 03:35 PM
The replies to my post are hilarious to say the least. What I am saying is that he has no problem hitting shots when there is no pressure. Yes he started the game 0-5 and then caught fire in the 3rd when they were pouring in the points. He is supposed to be a great shooter but he is the last person I want taking a shot with the game on the line, and it shouldn't be that way.

If you think MikeD is an asset to this team or any NBA team you know nothing about basketball and have no right bashing my opinion on the guy. I expect NBA players to perform under pressure and he doesn't. Yes it was nice to see him make nine shots in a row but let's do that when we actually need the buckets, not when we are up by 15-20 points and the D is letting you take open shots.

End rant

GO Pacers!

:eek:
:-o
:laugh:

You just made the kind of statement that I was talking about here! Post 135.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=58079&page=3

BillS
11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
:eek:
:-o
:laugh:

You just made the kind of statement that I was talking about here! Post 135.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=58079&page=3

If you click on the post number in the upper right and then click on the thread info in the upper right of that you get a link that would take people direct to the post within the thread, like this:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?p=1093149#post1093149

HC
11-10-2010, 03:58 PM

End rant

GO Pacers!
I see what you are trying to do here, but actually everyone here has an equal right to their opinions just as you do. They also have an equal right to disagree with your opinions.

Eleazar
11-10-2010, 03:58 PM
For ever reaction (terrible shooting nights) there is always an equal and opposite reaction (amazing once in a lifetime shooting night).

My views of the team and Dunleavy are no different than before. Unless Dunleavy can prove he can shoot well over a period of time I will still believe it is better for Rush to start.

Now I think I should give Dunleavy kudos fir his amazing game. It was great, not just please keep it up.

jhondog28
11-10-2010, 04:03 PM

End rant

GO Pacers!

A couple of things that stuck out to me:

1) Rush looked interested and involved which was very good to see
2) Dunleavy is as streaky a shooter as there is in the NBA, if he is on you need to keep feeding him the ball. Also the movement of the players and the ball was the best I have seen in a long time.
3) Sure the Nuggs were playing a lot of games in a short span of time, but dont dismiss that the Pacers were not playing good basketball.
4) The post above is just one man's opinion of a player of which obviously has never watched the NCAA Finals game where he went off for 18 pts to win the NCAA championship or watch when Dunleavy goes into a hostile Golden State arena and puts up 20 pts in his return or knocks down a three when he was with GS to tie the game with 3 seconds left. The main reason Dun never shoots the ball with any pressure on him is because in those situations he is usually inbounding the ball or creating movement on the floor to free up the main option.

Will Galen
11-10-2010, 04:28 PM
The main reason Dun never shoots the ball with any pressure on him is because in those situations he is usually inbounding the ball or creating movement on the floor to free up the main option.

Yes he's a good passer. Danny's game winner against Phoenix a couple years ago was inbounded by Dun.

One thing I've noticed though is that this year the ball is often inbounded by Danny. That was a bit surprising.

jhondog28
11-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes he's a good passer. Danny's game winner against Phoenix a couple years ago was inbounded by Dun.

One thing I've noticed though is that this year the ball is often inbounded by Danny. That was a bit surprising.

I have noticed that too and the only reason I could come up with is that JOB wants Mike on the floor to run and space the floor so as to allow granger to inbound the ball then receive it and shoot while having the best perimiter defender running with Mike. Most coaches still do not want Mike open as a three point shooter.

Eleazar
11-10-2010, 07:08 PM
I have noticed that too and the only reason I could come up with is that JOB wants Mike on the floor to run and space the floor so as to allow granger to inbound the ball then receive it and shoot while having the best perimiter defender running with Mike. Most coaches still do not want Mike open as a three point shooter.

Depending on the time on the clock having your best player inbound it can be a very good strategy. Often times the defender will have his back to either the ball or the player making it easier for the player to get open for a good shot.

jhondog28
11-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Depending on the time on the clock having your best player inbound it can be a very good strategy. Often times the defender will have his back to either the ball or the player making it easier for the player to get open for a good shot.

100% agreed. I am pretty sure that is why granger is inbounding now. Dun does better when his feet are set, Granger is good shooting three off the dribble which is a better scenerio when inbounding the ball.

Rogco
11-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I think with Dunleavy it's best to take a wait and see approach. The salary is high, but that's not his fault. As for his talent, before his injury he was probably the best player on the Pacer's, at least offensively. I view this as his first real time back healthy, and if he get's back to his best, he could be a valuable asset to this team, and if he doesn't it's a huge expiring contract and thus he is an asset to this team.

I'd been disappointed with him so far this year. I think he looks a little skinny and weak, and he was missing wide open looks. Then there was last night where he could have probably managed to hit a shot from Scotty's. As I said, give it 20 to 30 games, see how he's playing in a rotation with Rush back, and then do more judging.