PDA

View Full Version : Collison/Hibbert or Jennings/Bogut

Dr. Awesome
11-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Which duo would you rather have over the next 10 years?

I saw this on a Bucks board and thought it would be a interesting discussion. Every single Bucks fan obviously went the Jennings/Bogut route, but still might be fun to look at here as well.

vnzla81
11-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Lebron/ Dwade?

PaceBalls
11-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Another angle to this is, how much better would DC/Hibbert be than Jennings/Bogut if we could switch coaches?

ballism
11-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Magic / Hakeem

BRushWithDeath
11-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Jennings/Bogut easily. Jennings is younger and better than Darren. Hibbert's upside is that he could become Bogut. They are a good consolation prize though.

ballism
11-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Collison and Hibbert have way too much to prove at this point, the only possible question u can raise here is Bogut's durability.

vnzla81
11-05-2010, 07:38 PM
MJ/Pippen?

IUfan4life
11-05-2010, 07:43 PM
The only thing stopping me from taking Jennings and Bogut is the fact that Bogut is injury prone

ballism
11-05-2010, 07:52 PM
MJ/Pippen?

hey not fair, ur supposed to take a PG and a C.

vnzla81
11-05-2010, 07:54 PM
hey not fair, ur supposed to take a PG and a C.

who cares I got Jordan and Pippen :-p

Doddage
11-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Jennings and Bogut by a mile.

BringJackBack
11-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I love DC and Roy, but I think it's pretty obvious that Jennings and Bogut are better.

However, I guarantee that Jim O'Brien would have Jennings and Bogut significantly worse than they are now.

ChristianDudley
11-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Actually, I'd take Collison and Hibbert over Jennings and Bogut all day every day and never look back. Other than the 55-point game of Jennings', he really hasn't done much. He can be a pretty good PG, but I'd choose Collison all the time. Plus Collison has the better head on his shoulders--Jennings is going to be a mental case very soon if he isn't already. Plus I'd take Hibbert over Bogut easily--Hibbert is just taller, a better defender in blocking shots, better post moves, and will keep getting better. I'm not sure what Bogut will get better at as I think he's at his peak??

Collison/Hibbert and the Pacers ftw.

odeez
11-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Roy and DC, though either way your doing pretty well. I would rank Bogut slightly higher than Hibbert right now.

flox
11-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Jennings and Bogut and never look back.

Lance George
11-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Jennings definitely gives off that Starbury-like headcase vibe and Roy's upside is probably a bit higher than where Bogut was at last season. Roy can be a second-tier guy whereas Bogut looks to have peaked at tier three.

cdash
11-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Jennings definitely gives off that Starbury-like headcase vibe and Roy's upside is probably a bit higher than where Bogut was at last season. Roy can be a second-tier guy whereas Bogut looks to have peaked at tier three.

Roy doesn't have the defensive potential to get to where Bogut is right now. Bogut plays really, really good defense. Roy just can't play as well as Bogut can on D. On offense, it's probably a wash. I'd rather have Roy's O because he can make his free throws. Overall, Bogut's better.

BringJackBack
11-05-2010, 11:17 PM
I don't really see that "Starbury" headcase vibe at all. If anything, he plays with a chip on his shoulder and he's quiet.

I don't get that at all. Is it his hair?

Hibbert
11-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Roy and Collison.
Bogut hasn't played a full season since his rookie year(5yrs. ago), and I don't think he ever will. He has a serious problem staying healthy. It took Bogut 3 years to reach double figures in rebounds which he did in his 4th season, where Roy, coming into his 3rd season is already doing it and will continue. Hibbert can be much more of a scorer than Bogut, already averaging more than Bogut ever has and he has 6 yrs under his belt.

I see Jennings as a selfish all about himself type player and person, Darren is neither of those and never will be. Darren is more of a leader now than Brandon will ever be.

PacersPride
11-05-2010, 11:39 PM
w/o bias.. if your team is going to revolve around only those two players than sure i would take bogut/jennings.. but from a team aspect i go w/ the more pure point in collison and the hardworking center in hibbs.

ive always preferred a natural point than a scoring point.. and DC is more of the type of pg i prefer on a well balanced team. like many other posters have mentioned.. bogut cant really stay healthy and knock on wood.. i think hibbs is going to be a very durable center and with his work ethic.. will outshine bogut in the long run.

croz24
11-06-2010, 03:50 AM
i absolutely despise the way jennings plays. so i'll obviously take collison and hibbert.

ballism
11-06-2010, 04:51 AM
Roy can be a second-tier guy whereas Bogut looks to have peaked at tier three.

As in, 3rd All-NBA team? :p
im surprised at how underrated Bogut still is. I suppose it's a bit of a Dirk thing, big, boring and foreign.

ChristianDudley
11-06-2010, 07:57 AM
I don't really see that "Starbury" headcase vibe at all. If anything, he plays with a chip on his shoulder and he's quiet.

I don't get that at all. Is it his hair?

It is how he carries himself on the court, plus thru all of his Twitter tweets (last season it was getting AWFUL with his tweets and what he thought of himself), also how he is off of the court. I loved it when Roy swatted his $h!+ last night lmao.

Eleazar
11-06-2010, 09:27 AM
As in, 3rd All-NBA team? :p
im surprised at how underrated Bogut still is. I suppose it's a bit of a Dirk thing, big, boring and foreign.

Or it may be just because he really hasn't done much. If he was really good enough to be 3rd Team All-NBA his teams would have had more success to date with some of the talent the Bucks have had. I don't think anyone will deny he is a good player, but he isn't that good.

idioteque
11-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Collison could be a better than average PG in this league, he may already be one, but Jennings will likely be a multiple time All-Star and the best PG in the league for a few years. He's incredible and I love the way he plays. He's like Allen Iverson with better situational awareness and a higher basketball IQ. I could not really care less if he's full of himself.

Hibbert will likely never be a better defender than Bogut, but I think he'll be better offensively. I'll give the slight edge to Hibbert.

ballism
11-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Or it may be just because he really hasn't done much. If he was really good enough to be 3rd Team All-NBA his teams would have had more success to date with some of the talent the Bucks have had. I don't think anyone will deny he is a good player, but he isn't that good.

U are right - he hadnt been near the top till last year. But you aren't really disagreeing here with me.
In fact, what you say just confirms my point - how can someone say a guy has peaked as a tier 3 player, when he just made a jump from mediocrity to NBA 3rd team last year. The guy improved so much, that he was in an all-NBA team despite missing 20 games? He was mediocre, and then he becomes the main player of a near .600 team? And now he's suddenly peaked? Come on people.

I think that his migraines is a red question mark, also he had some bad falls - but it's a bit premature to talk about someone's peak just after their career year, don't you think.

croz24
11-06-2010, 11:14 AM
i'll throw this out there about jennings...so far, he has a career 37% field goal %. can't believe many of you think he'll be a multiple time all star. a couple big scoring nights doesn't make a player. shoot, collison nearly put up similar numbers in fewer minutes just last year.

righteouscool
11-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Roy doesn't have the defensive potential to get to where Bogut is right now. Bogut plays really, really good defense. Roy just can't play as well as Bogut can on D. On offense, it's probably a wash. I'd rather have Roy's O because he can make his free throws. Overall, Bogut's better.

I don't know, Roy has been good on defense this year. I mean, 6 blocks is pretty ridiculous. I'd agree with you usually, but besides Tim Duncan taking it to him for a quarter (who's surprised there?) he's been good.

That said, I've wanted Jennings since the draft when he was taken 2 spots a head of us. If he can ever figure out how to make a jump shot consistently I think he'll be incredible.

croz24
11-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't know, Roy has been good on defense this year. I mean, 6 blocks is pretty ridiculous. I'd agree with you usually, but besides Tim Duncan taking it to him for a quarter (who's surprised there?) he's been good.

That said, I've wanted Jennings since the draft when he was taken 2 spots a head of us. If he can ever figure out how to make a jump shot consistently I think he'll be incredible.

problem roy has had is that nobody on the pacers can stick with their man. so when the opposition is driving to the basket uncontested, roy is forced to leave his man to help causing open looks or easy put backs if he's not able to block the shot.

jeffg-body
11-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Personally I like the Hibbert DC combo for the long run rather than the Jennings Bogut combo. Hibbert works way too hard not to keep getting better and I just like DC's attitude much better than Jennings. I'm not saying Jennings is a bad apple, but I just like DC more.

cdash
11-06-2010, 08:54 PM

If you compare the numbers, they are pretty close, sure. But the actual impact that Bogut makes on defense is superior to the impact that Roy makes on defense. I'm not saying Roy is a bad defender, I just think Bogut is a really, really good one.