PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James Nike commercial spoof by Cleveland fans "Quitness"

vnzla81
11-05-2010, 07:08 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F959ukD6nBc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F959ukD6nBc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

PaceBalls
11-05-2010, 08:21 PM
God, I don't know who is more annoying, Lebron or Cleveland fans.

But as far as spoofs go, did anyone else see that Southpark spoof on the Lebron ad? It was a really lame episode, but I enjoyed that part.

edit.. I found it :)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xoLB1d47O0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;col or2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xoLB1d47O0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;col or2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Pacers4Life
11-06-2010, 04:11 AM
I despise LeBron James. No fanbase should have to literally sit through what he did. He rejuvenated that city... made basketball relevant again. Then quite metaphorically, spit in their faces as they gathered around to cheer for him. I pray he NEVER wins a championship, though I know that will never happen.

King Tuts Tomb
11-06-2010, 04:28 AM
These people need to get a grip on reality. This video is more pathetic than anything else.

Kstat
11-06-2010, 07:10 AM
I think the video summed up better than anything else the rift between Cleveland and LeBron.

Do Cavs fans need to get over it? Yeah, but LeBron took the first shot with the "what should I do?" commercial. The spoof is fair game.

LeBron clearly isn't over it either, so why should Cleveland be?

pacers74
11-06-2010, 08:22 AM
I guess the ball is back in Lebron's court. Let's see if he is dumb enough to respond to their spoof.

Kaufman
11-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I guess the ball is back in Lebron's court. Let's see if he is dumb enough to respond to their spoof.

yes and no - i guarantee you that lebron didn't think of it, nike did. i bet the nike creative mind who designed it is giggling and will probably will pitch a response to nike execs...

Shade
11-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Some of us still aren't over what Artest did to the Pacers, and that's nothing compared to what LeBron did to Cavs fans. If I were a Cavs fan, I wouldn't be over it yet, either. Especially since LeBron keeps being such an *** about the entire situation.

ReggiesUncle
11-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Some of us still aren't over what Artest did to the Pacers, and that's nothing compared to what LeBron did to Cavs fans. If I were a Cavs fan, I wouldn't be over it yet, either. Especially since LeBron keeps being such an *** about the entire situation.

funny thing about the artest/detroit melee...so the girl i took to the game last night (who isnt from indy nor a big pacers fan, yet!) didn't know anything about the brawl in 04! after the initial shock I was in I pulled up the youtube clips of it and showed her what happened. I haven't seen that footage for a few years now and to be honest I find it to be crazy that fans still aren't over something that happened 6 years ago. I had literally no emotion watching that footage again. I remember watching it live on TV the night it happened and thinking it was the most horrible thing I ever saw. While it still is a horrible thing that happened at the end of the day this is just a sports game and what happens to a team or fanbase due to athletes decisions should not be taken so seriously like it is life or death!

Like Artest, LeBron can and should be able to do whatever he wants to do because it is his life. end of story. He wants to go win some rings with his buddies? big deal, people in cleveland need to focus on their own lives instead of bashing someone else's decision on where they want to live and work. I am a huge sports fan but I am also realistic that my life does not depend on a sports team

idioteque
11-06-2010, 10:57 AM
The Brawl and Lebron leaving Cleveland are completely different situations that should not be equated. As a Pacer under contract, Ron Artest had the responsibility to behave in a way that made the franchise look good in public and to obey the rules of the NBA. He violated both obligations. As a free agent, Lebron James had no obligation whatsoever to Cleveland and broke no rules by signing with another team.

Cleveland fans need to realize losing Lebron had nothing to do with the city itself and everything to do with the fact that the franchise was consistently mismanaged during his tenure. And don't use the small market argument, the Pacers have been smart enough to field competitive small market teams for a long time without having one of the best players in NBA history. Give Donnie Walsh a similar superstar like MJ or Hakeem and he would have built it into a dynasty.

Basketball Fan
11-06-2010, 11:10 AM

You can't compare the two what happened with the brawl was the heat of the moment and a lot of people at least related to why Artest did that I mean if someone threw something at you a lot of people would fight back. And well the Pacers problems aren't all Artest he's been gone for 6 years now and the Pacers are still mediocre at best at some point you can't blame him for everything.

Lebron did this intentionally and planned it out while I don't hate that he went to Miami I did think that "The Decision" was an epic fail.

That being said I also think Cleveland needs to forget about him and focus on the team they have now I mean really the worst thing they could do to him is ignore him instead they just keep bringing it up(and so does LeBron)

They both need to sit down and shut up.

Basketball Fan
11-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Here's LeBron's response

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/11/05/lebron-video.ap/index.html?rss=true

ReggiesUncle
11-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Here's LeBron's response

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/11/05/lebron-video.ap/index.html?rss=true

hahaha "they could have done a better job"

i love lebron!

Hicks
11-06-2010, 01:22 PM

But as far as spoofs go, did anyone else see that Southpark spoof on the Lebron ad? It was a really lame episode, but I enjoyed that part.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xoLB1d47O0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;col or2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xoLB1d47O0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;col or2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Why is the image reversed?

Shade
11-06-2010, 03:31 PM
hahaha "they could have done a better job"

i love lebron!

Ironically, that's what I said when I saw the original Nike video. That thing was a jump-cut nightmare.

PacersPride
11-06-2010, 03:46 PM

i beg your pardon. "nothing" compared to what lebron did? Artest most likely cost us a run deep into the playoffs and a shot at the nba finals in Reggie Millers last season.

i dont give a flying :censored: what bron has done to cleveland.. what artest did was way worse in this sense. sure artest is unstable and a guy threw a beer on him.. artest should never went and laid on that scorers table.. i knew the second he did that something was gonna happen. imagine if rashweed did that here in indy.. i would want to toss a beer on him too.

bron can do what he wants.. cleveland did not own the guy. if 18 left indy i would be crushed as well, but its a business, for gilbert to react like he did and all that is just horse:censored:

i havent really mentioned much on bron, cause frankly i dont care except that now miami is a very good team. other than that i didnt like bron before, and nothing much has changed since he joined the heat.

its a business cleveland.. like any of them if offerred a better paying job, better environment and so on would not take it and move the heck away from cleveland. i get where cleveland fans are coming from.. i do, and bron is making matters worse with his decision and long unintersting commericials..

bottom line though.. what artest cost this franchise.. which has still not overcome the downward spiral of the brawl is 100x worse than what bron did to cleveland.

im not upset at ron ron.. its who he is.. but what he did to this franchise and the fanbase has had devastating repercussions.

Brad8888
11-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Ironically, that's what I said when I saw the original Nike video. That thing was a jump-cut nightmare.

They should have made the original have a grainy Blair Witch quality to it to complete the lack of professionalism.

SoupIsGood
11-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I despise LeBron James. No fanbase should have to literally sit through what he did.

Maybe they stood?

pacer4ever
11-06-2010, 09:08 PM

ya it came out of no where inthe eposide was really random lol

MLB007
11-06-2010, 10:01 PM
These people need to get a grip on reality. This video is more pathetic than anything else.

He's the moron here. :p

rexnom
11-06-2010, 10:09 PM
I had actually never thought about it in terms of Pacers/Artest before. Wow. I think I finally get it. Wow. Poor Cleveland.

PaceBalls
11-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Why is the image reversed?

I don't know, I didn't upload it. I just found it on YouTube

Smoothdave1
11-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I thought that the video was pretty amusing, actually.

Lebron has every right to decide that he wants to play somewhere else. But I think that the greater issue with the fans in Cleveland is how Lebron went about it. Even Lebron realizes that he had gone about it the wrong way.

Lebron was Indy's Peyton Manning. Imagine if Peyton decided a few years ago to ditch Indy and head elsewhere to chase a ring? I can guarantee you that everyone in Indy and the State of Indiana would be extremely upset. Cleveland, like Indy, is a small market and would likely never attract a talent through free agency like Lebron was. Imagine if Kevin Durant left OKC? The fans would be heartbroken and you have to feel for the Cavs and their fans.

As far as Lebron's "comeback" and comments, no one cares what he had to say as the video was the most viewed video on youtube earlier today.

idioteque
11-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I thought that the video was pretty amusing, actually.

Lebron has every right to decide that he wants to play somewhere else. But I think that the greater issue with the fans in Cleveland is how Lebron went about it. Even Lebron realizes that he had gone about it the wrong way.

Lebron was Indy's Peyton Manning. Imagine if Peyton decided a few years ago to ditch Indy and head elsewhere to chase a ring? I can guarantee you that everyone in Indy and the State of Indiana would be extremely upset. Cleveland, like Indy, is a small market and would likely never attract a talent through free agency like Lebron was. Imagine if Kevin Durant left OKC? The fans would be heartbroken and you have to feel for the Cavs and their fans.

As far as Lebron's "comeback" and comments, no one cares what he had to say as the video was the most viewed video on youtube earlier today.

Peyton leaving Indy (which I actually think is possible) would not have a similar effect as Lebron leaving Cleveland. The Colts are a well-run organization (look at Polian and our coordinators). We would struggle for a few years, but as long as the Colts have a Polian as GM and institutional strength that comes with it, the Colts are not going to be defined by one player, Peyton or otherwise.

Day-V
11-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Sometimes I think those people who say "Get over it, Cleveland" have no souls.

King Tuts Tomb
11-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Sometimes I think those people who say "Get over it, Cleveland" have no souls.

Speaking as someone with a soul, I think those people in Cleveland need to get over it.

Scot Pollard
11-07-2010, 12:56 AM
Speaking as someone with a soul, I think those people in Cleveland need to get over it.

there a bunch of crying babies

btw you have a really cool username ;)

Kstat
11-07-2010, 03:21 AM

So does LeBron.

King Tuts Tomb
11-07-2010, 03:53 AM
So does LeBron.

So does LeBron have a soul or needs to get over it?

Kstat
11-07-2010, 04:12 AM
He needs to get over it. he gave up the high ground with that nike commercial. He obviously isnt over Cleveland any more than they're over him.

If he doesn't want them to comment any longer, maybe he shouldn't directly provoke them?

King Tuts Tomb
11-07-2010, 04:30 AM
He needs to get over it. he gave up the high ground with that nike commercial. He obviously isnt over Cleveland any more than they're over him.

If he doesn't want them to comment any longer, maybe he shouldn't directly provoke them?

The Nike commercial was a shot at the media overreaction, not the Cleveland fans.

kester99
11-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Lebron wants to be such a media hoor, and to keep his soap opera on our TVs...why shouldn't Cavs fans send a little media flak back in his direction?

Great Lakes Brewery is putting out a Quitness beer. I want some.

Kstat
11-07-2010, 06:04 AM
The Nike commercial was a shot at the media overreaction, not the Cleveland fans.

Really?

"Should I remind you how much fun we had?" With the witness banner going down wasn't a direct shot at Cleveland? You'd have to be blind not to see that.

idioteque
11-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Cleveland needs to get over it because its the best thing for Cleveland to do. No one is going to want to play for a franchise that defines itself based off the loss of one player in the past rather than on what they want to accomplish in the future. All the pissing and moaning is unattractive and will turn them into the Clippers of the East if they keep it up for too long.

They need to learn the lessons as to why Lebron left rather than simply moaning and groaning about it and continuing bad habits.

Basketball Fan
11-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Peyton leaving Indy (which I actually think is possible) would not have a similar effect as Lebron leaving Cleveland. The Colts are a well-run organization (look at Polian and our coordinators). We would struggle for a few years, but as long as the Colts have a Polian as GM and institutional strength that comes with it, the Colts are not going to be defined by one player, Peyton or otherwise.

It wouldn't have a similar effect because we already won a championship with Peyton and he wouldn't have a "Decision" special to tell us he's leaving. If anything I think most people would probably hate the Colts for letting him get away it would be the opposite effect of LeBron here.

King Tuts Tomb
11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Really?

"Should I remind you how much fun we had?" With the witness banner going down wasn't a direct shot at Cleveland? You'd have to be blind not to see that.

You took "Should I remind you how much fun we had?" as a shot at Cleveland? The obvious reading is "You (MSM) are only looking at the breakup and not the massive amount of success we had while I was there."

What I mean by "get over it" is the Cleveland fans need to drop the bitterness. The truth is, ONE player left. I know he was really good, but it's one guy. Remember the good times and focus on your team now. At least you HAVE a pro basketball team. I just recently moved to Seattle, this is a town that can be bitter.

vapacersfan
11-07-2010, 05:45 PM

I agree, it is easy to say fans are over-reacting, but LeBron (and his team apparently) just cant let it go.

Oh, and I have no clue how people can say this is not a shot at Cleveland.

Kstat
11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
You took "Should I remind you how much fun we had?" as a shot at Cleveland? The obvious reading is "You (MSM) are only looking at the breakup and not the massive amount of success we had while I was there."

What I mean by "get over it" is the Cleveland fans need to drop the bitterness. The truth is, ONE player left. I know he was really good, but it's one guy. Remember the good times and focus on your team now. At least you HAVE a pro basketball team. I just recently moved to Seattle, this is a town that can be bitter.

You're getting really delusional with your rationalizations. It's very obvious that it was a shot at the upset Cavs fans. I don't like either party, but I know what a spade looks like and this is a spade.

speakout4
11-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Lebron wants to be such a media hoor, and to keep his soap opera on our TVs...why shouldn't Cavs fans send a little media flak back in his direction?

Great Lakes Brewery is putting out a Quitness beer. I want some.
It's great comedy on both sides and I'm enjoying it.

King Tuts Tomb
11-07-2010, 11:10 PM
You're getting really delusional with your rationalizations.

Nope.

It's very obvious that it was a shot at the upset Cavs fans. I don't like either party, but I know what a spade looks like and this is a spade.

I'd rather not call LeBron a spade, and I saw it obviously as not a shot at Cleveland. I'm actually surprised anyone took it as such.

vnzla81
11-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Nope.

I'd rather not call LeBron a spade, and I saw it obviously as not a shot at Cleveland. I'm actually surprised anyone took it as such.

Have you seen the commercial? :confused:

xBulletproof
11-07-2010, 11:27 PM
I've seen the commercial 100 times it seems, and it never even crossed my mind that he took a shot at Cleveland there. I had no idea anyone even thought that until I read the last page of this topic (the first time I'd read any of this topic).

No clue how you come to that conclusion.

vnzla81
11-07-2010, 11:31 PM
I've seen the commercial 100 times it seems, and it never even crossed my mind that he took a shot at Cleveland there. I had no idea anyone even thought that until I read the last page of this topic (the first time I'd read any of this topic).

No clue how you come to that conclusion.

The Lebron Poster coming down from the wall(in Cleveland) while he is talking about the good times?

xBulletproof
11-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I think you guys are reading way too much into it. I think your wanting to hate Lebron is taking over your common sense.

Nike pays people a boatload of money to make those commercials, and to make advertising. Lebron isn't one of those people who decides exactly what's in the commercials, I'm sure. So I doubt he personally made sure that was in there. Secondly, Nike wouldn't want a "diss" towards Cleveland in a commercial that they were funding. That would alienate a percentage of the potential audience.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Sookie
11-07-2010, 11:40 PM
I think you guys are reading way too much into it. I think your wanting to hate Lebron is taking over your common sense.

Nike pays people a boatload of money to make those commercials, and to make advertising. Lebron isn't one of those people who decides exactly what's in the commercials, I'm sure. So I doubt he personally made sure that was in there. Secondly, Nike wouldn't want a "diss" towards Cleveland in a commercial that they were funding. That would alienate a percentage of the potential audience.

It just doesn't make any sense.

I think your love for Lebron is taking over your common sense.

That commercial wasn't about Cleveland? Seriously? That's just silly.

King Tuts Tomb
11-07-2010, 11:41 PM
The Lebron Poster coming down from the wall(in Cleveland) while he is talking about the good times?

How is that a diss at Cleveland though?

It's a metaphor for Cleveland's reaction to his departure, but is it a diss? Cleveland DID drop the banner.

xBulletproof
11-07-2010, 11:45 PM
I think your love for Lebron is taking over your common sense.

That commercial wasn't about Cleveland? Seriously? That's just silly.

Then feel free to attack my "common sense" in the post.

Do you truly believe Nike pays market analysts and people to study the effect of advertising, and how it should be done to allow Lebron to personally make his own commercial and insult part of their potential market? Now THAT sounds silly.

Not to mention the commercial wasn't about Cleveland. It was about the backlash on his leaving Cleveland. You're taking 1 sentence and 5 seconds out of the commercial and claiming that's what it's all about?

How about the part where he asks "should I really believe I ruined my legacy" and is doing his Hall of Fame speech to an empty crowd .... was he dissing Lebron?

Sheesh.

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 12:13 AM
:confused:

I guess I totally saw if differently then.

Also, having worked around plenty of film in Jacksonville, yes, those guys (athletes) do have a say in a lot of projects, including commercials. How much say they have depends, but they do not simply say "give me my lines and Ill do what you want"

I do not think Nike went into it saying "lets take a dig at Cavs fans" but I do think they knew fans were upset he left (duh) and played off of that. If that was not the case, why show the banner coming down? Why ask if he destroyed his legacy (clearly something the owner said/wrote about)

I personally think it was Nike and team Nike taking a jab at the media (and fans) for the over-reaction for "The Decision".

From this thread alone, clearly it worked. And I think the fans commercial was funny as well.

I just really wish both parties would out this behind them and move on....but we all know that wont happen (and we thank the media for that as well)

Sookie
11-08-2010, 12:18 AM
:confused:

I guess I totally saw if differently then.

Also, having worked around plenty of film in Jacksonville, yes, those guys (athletes) do have a say in a lot of projects, including commercials. How much say they have depends, but they do not simply say "give me my lines and Ill do what you want"

I do not think Nike went into it saying "lets take a dig at Cavs fans" but I do think they knew fans were upset he left (duh) and played off of that. If that was not the case, why show the banner coming down? Why ask if he destroyed his legacy (clearly something the owner said/wrote about)

I personally think it was Nike and team Nike taking a jab at the media (and fans) for the over-reaction for "The Decision".

From this thread alone, clearly it worked. And I think the fans commercial was funny as well.

I just really wish both parties would out this behind them and move on....but we all know that wont happen (and we thank the media for that as well)

Of course that was part of it. But the commercial itself takes a jab at cleveland.

whether people here think it's rational or not (and I'd wager to say if the same thing happened to the Pacers, Pacers fans would be quite upset) Cleveland fans are still quite upset.

Then you go and make a commercial that "sends a message" to everyone who disagreed with "the decision." And you don't think that "everyone" doesn't include Cleveland and it's fans? And then there's a "woe is me" attitude towards it.

It was essentially rubbing salt in the wounds. Lebron shouldn't have addressed it. Or should have addressed the positives of where he's at. Him and his marketing team need to go back to work if they don't want people to think he's a jerk any longer.

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 12:20 AM
IDK how you missed it, but I was agreeing with you ;)

Oh, and regardless of how you feel about LeBron, I think we can all agree his managers have had some very poor decisions (and that is me being polite)

King Tuts Tomb
11-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Of course that was part of it. But the commercial itself takes a jab at cleveland.

No one has answered this yet: What's the jab at Cleveland?

I understand you think one exists, but what was it?

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 01:41 AM
No one has answered this yet: What's the jab at Cleveland?

I understand you think one exists, but what was it?

Am I on you're ignore list? I addressed this in my previous post

Now you can disagree with it, fine. But that is what I took as the cheap shot at Cleveland

King Tuts Tomb
11-08-2010, 02:13 AM

I personally think it was Nike and team Nike taking a jab at the media (and fans) for the over-reaction for "The Decision".d

But those things happened. What's the jab? The ad showed him watching the banner going down. How does that translate to an insult?

Peck
11-08-2010, 02:20 AM
I love how some of you are trying to make the point that the Cavs fans should just shrug their shoulders and move on and that losing LeBron James is akin to Chucky Atkins moving out of town.

I'll put this in Pacers terms and I'll go one step beyond Ron Artest. We are going to celebrate our 44th year in existance next year and not one time in those 44 years have we ever had a player who was considered one of the absolute superstars of either the NBA or ABA let alone a player who many consider the very best player on the planet.

The Cavs as an org. need to move on, what choice do they have? But the fans? Come on at the very best & I mean the very best for the next 5-10 years they are going to be a fringe playoff team who will probably have to tear down and rebuild 3 or 4 times before they become relevant again.

I'm not saying LeBron did not have the right to do what he wanted to do, I'm not even going to say his tv show was wrong but I really think some of you guys are way way off in trying to act like the fans are the ones who are wrong to be bitter and feel betrayed.

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 02:27 AM
But those things happened. What's the jab? The ad showed him watching the banner going down. How does that translate to an insult?

I honestly do not understand what you are asking me.

The fans were upset (rightfully so IMO, but thats another debate) about the way he left. They tore his banner down because of what he did, and he really could care less.

I will ask you this: If you really think this commercial was not a cheap shot at Cavs fans, why not leave out the part about the banner and the other scene where he references the owner (I am getting tired and dont feel like watching it again). Then all it is is a little short mocking the media over-reaction. But it is not that, because they (whoever the artistic director is/was) decided to throw in a little jab at Cavs fans.

However, much like someone said in a post the other day, many things in life are subjective. This is one of them. I am going to see the commercial one way, others will see it another. No point in arguing which color is better or what flavor is the best, because there is no right answer.

King Tuts Tomb
11-08-2010, 03:14 AM
I honestly do not understand what you are asking me.

I am asking you: Why is that an insult to Cleveland fans? Why would Cleveland fans be insulted by the image of the banner coming down? Explain to me why that's a "shot" or jab" at Cleveland.

It's a reference to him leaving, yeah, but what exactly is insulting about it?

King Tuts Tomb
11-08-2010, 03:17 AM
The fans are the ones who are wrong to be bitter and feel betrayed.

They are. Sad, or disappointed, make sense. But bitter and betrayed? No, they don't have any reason for that.

Peck
11-08-2010, 04:17 AM
They are. Sad, or disappointed, make sense. But bitter and betrayed? No, they don't have any reason for that.

Don't take this wrong but, say's you.

Sorry I'm invested in the Pacers and if tomorrow Herb Simon upped and moved the team for whatever reason I would feel bitter & betrayed (I can't use a player because we do NOT have a player of any caliber worth feeling that way for so I will use the franchise).

You might feel sad & disappointed but I'm going to feel bitter & betrayed. Doesn't make me or you right it's just human emotion that people feel & people react differantly to each situation.

King Tuts Tomb
11-08-2010, 04:48 AM
Don't take this wrong but, say's you.

I guess they CAN feel that way, but it doesn't make any sense. You can feel any emotion you want for any reason you want. But if you feel happy when your grandma dies and sad on your birthday normal people are going to wonder what's wrong with you.

Sorry I'm invested in the Pacers and if tomorrow Herb Simon upped and moved the team for whatever reason I would feel bitter & betrayed (I can't use a player because we do NOT have a player of any caliber worth feeling that way for so I will use the franchise).

You might feel sad & disappointed but I'm going to feel bitter & betrayed. Doesn't make me or you right it's just human emotion that people feel & people react differantly to each situation.

LeBron James and a basketball franchise are entirely different things. The analogy doesn't hold up.

TinManJoshua
11-08-2010, 09:54 AM
All I'll say on this subject is that I root for the front of the jersey.

Ron Artest set this franchise back something like 10 years or so(it depends on how close to "back on track" you consider this team). I'm still kinda bitter about that, and that was 6 years ago.

So being pissed that your team is kicked to the bottom of all the preseason prediction tables 5 months after it happened doesn't surprise me. I don't even think they are gonna be that bad. They've already won a few games, but I don't see them winning a playoff series.

quinnthology
11-08-2010, 12:05 PM
You can feel any emotion you want for any reason you want. But if you feel happy when your grandma dies and sad on your birthday normal people are going to wonder what's wrong with you.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Cleveland fans are pathetically overreacting. LeBron's departure has no direct impact on anyone other than the shop and restaurant owners downtown (who were able to set up because LeBron came in the first place) and the season ticket holders looking to make money off LeBron (who made tons of money because of LeBron). Casual fans can now go to games for less.

Everyone else has artificially made this directly impact them by acting like they've been deeply insulted by it. They seek sympathy from the media and have been given it to extreme degrees. They deified LeBron and now they're upset that he acted like a human. (And they're also rejecting the idea that they deified him in the first place, claiming he deemed himself the Chosen One and they simply went along with it :rolleyes:)

The video is an extremely condensed telling of his basketball career. He recognizes his failure in the past (the young LeBron acknowledging the first state championship loss) and implies his recognition of his failure in Cleveland. After this he essentially says, "but at least we had fun." The banner falls from his POV. It's not part of the video to insult Cleveland, it's in the video because it's a fundmental image in his career. It represents not only his departure but his stay, for it was the number one image people associated with him. It shows that he came and went, to emphasize that chapter in his life ending. Leaving it out would make no sense. That would be like leaving the Jordan logo out of a Jordan commercial.

The commercial is without question a response to the national media and general public. He wouldn't address his Hall of Fame chances and mock Charles Barkley if the sole purpose was "What should I have done, Cleveland?" It's rhetorically asking the nation, with whom he is out of favor, to consider the subjectivity of his choice and to realize that there was no wrong or right option. If you consider this commercial a direct diss to Cleveland, you're missing the fundamental philosophic question it asks. It is not mockingly saying, "Should I do whatever you want, Cleveland?", it's addressing a man's decision vs. society's expectations for him. But wait... is LeBron too dumb to ask something that serious? Yeah, he's probably just immaturely rubbing his departure in Cleveland's face.

Peck
11-08-2010, 12:12 PM
There really is not much to say here as everybody already has their opinions and will not budge.

Some think that rational people will just shrug their shoulders and go on.

Others think rational people would understand how fans would feel devastated because a local player left and now what was once a title contender is now literally an also ran.

While others will think rational people shouldn't spend 3 seconds of their lives typeing on a message board about sports.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. As amazed as you guys are about those of us who sympathize with the Cavs. fans we are amazed at you for not undertanding the plight of the fans who have virtually nothing left to look forward to.

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 12:16 PM
I understand the fans being upset. They're fans, it comes with the territory. Especially when dealing with someone who was born and raised in their area. The organization on the other hand, should understand it's a business and be capable of moving on. Problem was, the owner acted like a hurt fan more than an owner.

Of course, none of this answers Tut's question, which I've been wondering as well. Is just stating what happened a "jab", or "insult" in todays world?

quinnthology
11-08-2010, 12:22 PM
As amazed as you guys are about those of us who sympathize with the Cavs. fans we are amazed at you for not undertanding the plight of the fans who have virtually nothing left to look forward to.

What??? That's the biggest overstatement I've ever heard. Are they not alive? I can think of about a million things they could look forward to that don't involve something as trivial as sports. Once again, that's an example of blowing up the significance of the situation. Sports are a game, made for entertainment. Enjoy the wins, forget the losses. If you're so possessively addicted to sports that you take ownership of a player and feel devastated when something goes wrong, you should stop watching sports.

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 12:25 PM
I understand the fans being upset. They're fans, it comes with the territory. Especially when dealing with someone who was born and raised in their area. The organization on the other hand, should understand it's a business and be capable of moving on. Problem was, the owner acted like a hurt fan more than an owner.

Of course, none of this answers Tut's question, which I've been wondering as well. Is just stating what happened a "jab", or "insult" in todays world?

I agree with the first part.

As far as the second part, I am not sure how much more blunt I can be. He addresses ripping the banner down and the team saying he quit. This was clearly a call out by the owner and fans.

To answer your question, no, simply stating what happened is not a jab.

What??? That's the biggest overstatement I've ever heard. Are they not alive? I can think of about a million things they could look forward to that don't involve something as trivial as sports. Once again, that's an example of blowing up the significance of the situation. Sports are a game, made for entertainment. Enjoy the wins, forget the losses. If you're so possessively addicted to sports that you take ownership of a player and feel devastated when something goes wrong, you should stop watching sports.

I agree wiht you 100%. We should be able to move on from any game and realize it is just entertainment.

However you, as well as I, know this is not the case. If this was true teams would not have "die-hard" fanatics and extreme fan-sites like Pacers Digest would not exist.

If you're so possessively addicted to sports that you take ownership of a player and feel devastated when something goes wrong, you should stop watching sports.

Tell that to Pacers fans who cried when Reggie retired or after the brawl.

Tell that to Colts fans who will be miserable when Peyton leaves or retires, unless they have another Pro Bowl QB in the waiting.

Emotions are part of the game, whether we like it or not

Peck
11-08-2010, 12:28 PM

Well obviously I needed to explain that I was referring to the fans looking forward the NBA related topics. I don't know I guess since this is what we were talking about I assumed that we would all understand that is what I meant.

But since that is not the case I will spell it out better.

The fans will have to suffer, as many fans have over the years, the fact that they were never able to get over the mountain and win an NBA title will now only be able to look forward to a basketball team who at best will be a fringe playoff team (that is probably even doubtful) and have no stars for which to build around. Also sadly for them they will probably not be bad enough right away to get a top draft pick to get another star & even if they did a player like LeBron comes along once in a lifetime and to complicate matters more the next person won't be a hometown hero.

There is that better?

quinnthology
11-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Tell that to Pacers fans who cried when Reggie retired or after the brawl.

Tell that to Colts fans who will be miserable when Peyton leaves or retires, unless they have another Pro Bowl QB in the waiting.

Emotions are part of the game, whether we like it or not

This was different, though. Fans weren't crying when LeBron left. It wasn't, "I'm going to miss you so much." They were expressing an extreme hatred and rancor for him. That's not what you do for someone you care about, that's what you do for someone you're possessive over and who you believe should act according to your expectations. This is like a relationship between a really hot girl and an ungrateful and possessive boyfriend. She dumped him, he played the victim and screamed and yelled and cried. It will take him some time to move on and realize what he did was wrong and unfair. The girl enjoyed their time together but she thinks it's best for both of them if they see other people. Life goes on.

quinnthology
11-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Well obviously I needed to explain that I was referring to the fans looking forward the NBA related topics. I don't know I guess since this is what we were talking about I assumed that we would all understand that is what I meant.

But since that is not the case I will spell it out better.

The fans will have to suffer, as many fans have over the years, the fact that they were never able to get over the mountain and win an NBA title will now only be able to look forward to a basketball team who at best will be a fringe playoff team (that is probably even doubtful) and have no stars for which to build around. Also sadly for them they will probably not be bad enough right away to get a top draft pick to get another star & even if they did a player like LeBron comes along once in a lifetime and to complicate matters more the next person won't be a hometown hero.

There is that better?

So wait... they got to a Finals and were contenders for 4 years, going to the playoffs every year? And now they have to live with being a fringe team? Sounds like they had it made. I would appreciate the hell out of that and move on. Or we could just pout. Either way.

Better to have loved and lost.

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 12:39 PM
As far as the second part, I am not sure how much more blunt I can be. He addresses ripping the banner down and the team saying he quit. This was clearly a call out by the owner and fans.

How did he address the team saying he quit? The banner came down, that's something that happened, how is that a jab? He's just refers to the time he had in Cleveland, and the banner coming down is a visual sign that it ended. Simple.

I've seriously Googled responses to this commercial, and this forum is the only place I've found someone specifically say he was taking a shot at Cleveland. I saw plenty of people saying he should have left the entire subject alone, and a few other things. However page after page of results and I never saw anyone else claiming he was doing what you guys say he is.

Peck
11-08-2010, 12:40 PM
This was different, though. Fans weren't crying when LeBron left. It wasn't, "I'm going to miss you so much." They were expressing an extreme hatred and rancor for him. That's not what you do for someone you care about, that's what you do for someone you're possessive over and who you believe should act according to your expectations. This is like a relationship between a really hot girl and an ungrateful and possessive boyfriend. She dumped him, he played the victim and screamed and yelled and cried. It will take him some time to move on and realize what he did was wrong and unfair. The girl enjoyed their time together but she thinks it's best for both of them if they see other people. Life goes on.

Here let me take your analogy and twist it to my view of the situation.

Your spouse has decided that after a few years of trying they have found a hotter younger more sexier person that they want to be with.

Now you have done nothing wrong mind you other than not be able to be a multimillionare but you can offer the same money as the new person can at the moment and you are trying to get over the top. But no, their done with you but oh btw even though they said that it was forever you really need to just get over the whole thing and be friends.

Sorry I guess you are just a better human being than I am if you can just shrug your shoulders at that and move on.

Edit: I have no idea why I am involved in this conversation. I have no dog in this fight as I am neither a LeBron James fan nor a fan of tha cavs. I guess I am personalizing this to the Pacers to much.

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 12:41 PM

I don't disagree.

I just will not say "They need to get over it". However, I refuse to go with your analogy of the fans being ungrateful and possesive.

Were they spoiled? Sure. However, they were done wrong.

To me a more apt analogy is instead of breaking up face to face she sent a text message saying "I no longer want to be with you, I want to take my talent to another man". Then she waited a month and posted facebook videos and posted a video on youtube for all his friends to see saying "what should I have done, man up'ed and told him to his face. HAH. I am in a way better relationship now and he just needs to get over it because I sure have"

The reality is if she (LeBron) really did get over it there would be no need to keep addressing it.

Of course the commercial is deeper because it addresses the media over-reaction of The Decision, which ironically is still being talked about. Clearly one of the stupidest marketing decisions I can remember in a long time

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 12:43 PM
How did he address the team saying he quit? The banner came down, that's something that happened, how is that a jab? He's just refers to the time he had in Cleveland, and the banner coming down is a visual sign that it ended. Simple.

I've seriously Googled responses to this commercial, and this forum is the only place I've found someone specifically say he was taking a shot at Cleveland. I saw plenty of people saying he should have left the entire subject alone, and a few other things. However page after page of results and I never saw anyone else claiming he was doing what you guys say he is.

Props to you. I was going to do the same last night and never found the time.

I am starting to get the two commercials confused, but I will end with this.

He probably should have left the topic alone.

Not that he cares, he will still sell his shoes, which means in the end he gets the last laugh.

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
He probably should have left the topic alone.

Well we can clearly agree on this. People want Cleveland to move on, and get over it, but I think this commercial is a sign Lebron hasn't moved on or gotten over all the grief he's been given from it. He should not mention it publicly, but just use it as fuel to his fire on the court.

quinnthology
11-08-2010, 12:49 PM
The reality is if she (LeBron) really did get over it there would be no need to keep addressing it.

This is a big point. I don't think he's over it. I think the whole situation left him very unsettled. He thought his relationship with Ohio was deeper than sports (as it always had been, seeing as how he grew up a Bulls, Cowboys and Yankees fan), but apparently it wasn't. I think he has every right to not be over it, because he still loves Akron and Ohio, and nothing he does on a basketball court can take that away from him. He wants Ohioans to accept him as a person, not as a basketball player, and they're refusing to do that. Their player-person-God LeBron left and can never been repaired in their eyes.

Him getting over it would be forgetting about the place he grew up. I don't think he should ever do that. Could he address the problem in a better way? Sure. But they need to get over him leaving and remember that he's one of them, regardless of what he does with a ball.

Peck
11-08-2010, 01:15 PM
This is a big point. I don't think he's over it. I think the whole situation left him very unsettled. He thought his relationship with Ohio was deeper than sports (as it always had been, seeing as how he grew up a Bulls, Cowboys and Yankees fan), but apparently it wasn't. I think he has every right to not be over it, because he still loves Akron and Ohio, and nothing he does on a basketball court can take that away from him. He wants Ohioans to accept him as a person, not as a basketball player, and they're refusing to do that. Their player-person-God LeBron left and can never been repaired in their eyes.

Him getting over it would be forgetting about the place he grew up. I don't think he should ever do that. Could he address the problem in a better way? Sure. But they need to get over him leaving and remember that he's one of them, regardless of what he does with a ball.

So let me get this straight.

Fans of the Cavaliers (not exlusive to being from Ohio btw) should just forget about it and move on yet LeBron who has chosen to leave his state has every right to be upset, unsettled, whatever?

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 01:17 PM

Fans of the Cavaliers (not exlusive to being from Ohio btw) should just forget about it and move on yet LeBron who has chosen to leave his state has every right to be upset, unsettled, whatever?

I am a Pacers fan from out of state, and I am also a huge Notre Dame fan from out of state.

quinnthology
11-08-2010, 01:34 PM

When did I say that? I'm perfectly fine with them mourning his departure, but in a grown up way. I'm not alright with acting like he committed a crime or broke a law. His actions, whether or not you agree with them, were appropriate with regard to his status in society. There are several 24 hour sports news networks and he, as arguably the biggest celebrity in sports, used one hour on one of those networks to announce where he would be playing next year. It's impossible to say anyone would or wouldn't have done the same because no one else could in the first place. He then responded to being chastised by every branch of the media by putting out a commercial in which he, arguably the biggest name in sports, defended his earlier decision.

Their reactions, however, have been extremely inappropriate with regard to the initial action. Their virulent response is nearly adequate for a rapist or murderer.

TinManJoshua
11-08-2010, 01:42 PM

I think your analogy, wedlock and all, is most apt.

He didn't just go play for Cleveland. He PROMISED those fans he wouldn't bail on them. He was gonna do everything he could to bring them a title.

And then, when the going got tough, Lebron had his midlife crisis trip to some sunny locale. Was he stuck in a bad relationship? No, not really. He just wanted new p*****.

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 01:43 PM
When did I say that? I'm perfectly fine with them mourning his departure, but in a grown up way. I'm not alright with acting like he committed a crime or broke a law. His actions, whether or not you agree with them, were appropriate with regard to his status in society. There are several 24 hour sports news networks and he, as arguably the biggest celebrity in sports, used one hour on one of those networks to announce where he would be playing next year. It's impossible to say anyone would or wouldn't have done the same because no one else could in the first place. He then responded to being chastised by every branch of the media by putting out a commercial in which he, arguably the biggest name in sports, defended his earlier decision.

Their reactions, however, have been extremely inappropriate with regard to the initial action. Their virulent response is nearly adequate for a rapist or murderer.

Once again this is an opinion.

While you may feel everyone should agree with you, that does not change the fact that other people do not feel the same way you do. One could easily argue the commercial was "virulent", though I think the word is silly to use for either party.

And no, I do not think this reaction was over the top. Was it kind of lame? Sure. But so was the oiginal commercial.

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 01:44 PM
With that said, I am going to bow out of this discussion<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Like I said last night, there is no point is arguing which liquor is the best, as some people simply do not like to drink.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Once think I will say is Nike is brilliant at what they do, and they have once again succeeded.<O:p</O:p

TinManJoshua
11-08-2010, 01:45 PM

This I find hyperbolic. If this is how you see their reaction, you're seeing it wrong. Way, way wrong. You're putting more bile into it than is actually there.

quinnthology
11-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Once again this is an opinion.

While you may feel everyone should agree with you, that does not change the fact that other people do not feel the same way you do. One could easily argue the commercial was "virulent", though I think the word is silly to use for either party.

And no, I do not think this reaction was over the top. Was it kind of lame? Sure. But so was the oiginal commercial.

Literally everything can be considered an "opinion" from an overly relative view on life. However, because we prefer efficiency and logic, there are some basic laws of human interaction that help us weigh actions against one another:

On one side you have a man who said not a single word publicly for an entire summer. Then one day he decided to give a press conference in which he exercised his legal freedom to leave his current position. After, that man said very, very little besides harmless tidbits on his Twitter. He then made a commercial, like most major athletes do. In his commercial he brought up the idea of personal choice vs. societal expectations, saying nothing directly or indirectly virulent. At the most, the commercial was defensive.

On the other side, you had newspapers and radio hosts calling the man a "classless hack" and tearing down both his character and his intelligence. The owner of the organization typed a letter defining virulence in which he compared LeBron to one of the biggest anti-heroes in American history. The people of Cleveland burned his jersey and said every bad thing imaginable about him. He has received threats and there is concern over his safety when he returns to play Cleveland.

Common sense is a law that determines the second one as overboard. Step outside of sports for a moment and view it. You might not agree with LeBron, but all this "either side is equally bad" bullsh** lacks any grip on reality.

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 03:21 PM
What I find comical is you say step outside of sports, but it does not matter if this is sports or any other profession.

Many things are based onf act, this is not one of them. You have the OPINION that the fans are over-reacting, I have the OPINION Lebron is a pompous arrogant jerk who just can not let it go. Notice how neither one of those can be proven true.

If anyone else had done this (say an actor), and by this I mean a event like The Decision, then people would be callign that person an arrogant *** as well.

Oh, and he did not say a single word publicly. Fine. The botton line still is the same. He could have told the Cavs in private (aka the owner) that he was going to leave. Then they could have put out a press relaese.

What is bull**** is the way he went about the situation. It lacked class, and was simply a way to try to bring publicity to himself. It worked, I just do not think he (or his team) expected that kind of [bad] publicity.

I get you clearly are siding with LeBron, but in my OPINION both sides are just as bad. And I am not the only one........

That said, it does not matter. The fans liking (or hating) him does not bother me one bit.

I think he is a graet player, but he is also a jerk for many things he did, and I felt that way before The decision

quinnthology
11-08-2010, 03:33 PM
If anyone else had done this (say an actor), and by this I mean a event like The Decision, then people would be callign that person an arrogant *** as well.

So there's multiple 24/7 networks that show everything that goes on in Hollywood? No. If so I'd say it would be appropriate. But yet... Joaquin Phoenix changed professions and made a whole movie out of it. Weird, huh.

The botton line still is the same. He could have told the Cavs in private (aka the owner) that he was going to leave. Then they could have put out a press relaese.

He couldn't tell the Cavs because Gilbert is a psycho and would have leaked it. The idea was, like every major high school football player who picks a school, that it would be a surprise. If high school football kids can do it on ESPN why can't the biggest name in sports? Because it's unprecedented? Not anymore. Plan to see it in the future.

What is bull**** is the way he went about the situation. It lacked class, and was simply a way to try to bring publicity to himself. It worked, I just do not think he (or his team) expected that kind of [bad] publicity.... I get you clearly are siding with LeBron, but in my OPINION both sides are just as bad. And I am not the only one........

I disagree with your analysis of your own position. It just became really obvious that you despise LeBron way more than you look down upon Cleveland. Congrats on bottling it up for so long. Had me fooled.

TinManJoshua
11-08-2010, 03:57 PM
So there's multiple 24/7 networks that show everything that goes on in Hollywood? No. If so I'd say it would be appropriate. But yet... Joaquin Phoenix changed professions and made a whole movie out of it. Weird, huh.

That whole movie is a mockumentary, the brainchild of his brother-in-law, Casey Affleck.

Though before this news came out, people panned the ish outta Phoenix for his seemingly nutty behavior and the notion he had to film all of it.

Since86
11-08-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't know how anyone can say this is a reaction to the media, like the media is the one that created the backlash. That's what it was a response too, the backlash.

If you think the backlash came from the fans, then you think the commercial was directed at them. If you think the backlash came from the media, then you think it was directed at the media.

But my response is this. People were burning LeBron's jersey in the streets before any media outlet, other than ESPN, even had a chance to voice their opinion on the situation, or are we forgetting the look on LeBron's face when he saw that video live?

Everyone and their brother knew this was going to be a bad situation, and LeBron handpicked the worse ending possible.

If LeBron didn't want to be treated as a villian, then he probably shouldn't have kicked them in the nuts on the way out the door.

You reap what you sow.

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 04:11 PM
or are we forgetting the look on LeBron's face when he saw that video live?

What did I miss here?

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM
First off, TMZ. It might not be a network, but it is a site that has a LOT of fans.

Also, many sites (wwtdd) have similar are again have a HUGE fan base

What did I miss here?

I had forgotten about this.

That was a live shot at Cleveland during the Decision. I was hanging a door when the special was on, but I remember turning my head and his reaction to his jersey being burned was priceless.

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 04:24 PM

He couldn't tell the Cavs because Gilbert is a psycho and would have leaked it. The idea was, like every major high school football player who picks a school, that it would be a surprise. If high school football kids can do it on ESPN why can't the biggest name in sports? Because it's unprecedented? Not anymore. Plan to see it in the future.

I disagree with your analysis of your own position. It just became really obvious that you despise LeBron way more than you look down upon Cleveland. Congrats on bottling it up for so long. Had me fooled.

Two key points:

1. You have so much love for LeBron that you are willing to say Glbert would have leaked it? Really, you talk to Dan Gilbert and know he would have done this?

2. Who the eff are you to tell me who I like/dislike. I HATE the Dallas Cowboys, I HATE USC, I could give two ****s less about LeBron James, except I think his decision was tactles. I also disagree we will see more of this in the future. Funny, Durrant re-upped and he did not need a whole hour long special to announce it.

Please, though, tell me how I feel and what I think. Lastly, not sure why you think I care if I had you fooled or not, but clearly you have a HUGE ego if you think I care one big about fooling you....then again the fact you refuse to recognize anyone else's POV is very telling

Since86
11-08-2010, 04:41 PM
What did I miss here?

After "The Decision" James was being interviewed, and they cut to a feed out of Cleveland where fans were in the street burning his jersey. It looked as though LeBron could have cried. He really didn't expect people to be mad, that's why the whole thing is stupid.

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I just watched that part of "The Decision", and it was such a non issue that I didn't even take note of it when I watched it live. I didn't see any reaction to the jersey burning. :shrug:

RWB
11-08-2010, 04:48 PM

But I can guarantee the Pacers or any professional sports team DOES NOT want this to happen. When the fans get to the point it's just a game then professional sports may fold up. Once the corporate sponsors say 'ah what the heck' and quit buying suites, it's just the diehards who have invested the emotion into their team and keep spending money.

Since86
11-08-2010, 04:50 PM
I just watched that part of "The Decision", and it was such a non issue that I didn't even take note of it when I watched it live. I didn't see any reaction to the jersey burning. :shrug:

Well most people did.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-the-villain-now-mark-kriegel-070910

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 04:54 PM

Maybe I was wrong, maybe it was after the show.

I remember someone from ESPN asked him how he felt, and there was a live shot of jerseys being burnt in the street.

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't call 1 story "most people".

You really see a reaction here?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1KKhPih_Ko?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1KKhPih_Ko?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 05:03 PM
I could not even sit through the program live, but I could have sworm that image was shown during The Decision.

Guess not....weird.

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 05:07 PM
He really didn't expect people to be mad, that's why the whole thing is stupid.

According to Mike Wilbon who interviews Lebron constantly, Lebron knew there would be backlash. He knew people would be crushed. The part I'm referring to is at 4 minutes and 45 seconds. Your assumptions are .... strange to me.

He said he expected Lebron to be shaken from knowing what the reaction would be. That's a general reaction, not to a specific event. Not that he was shaken from the jersey burning.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cAKvX6qRvo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cAKvX6qRvo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Since86
11-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Well I can't see the video, due to work restrictions, but I don't need to watch it again either. I watched the last 15mins or so live, and I saw his reaction live. Right when it happened I made my conclusion, and I haven't changed it one bit.

LeBron is clueless on how the other half live. He's been so sheltered, for so long, that he doesn't understand what it's like to be a fan. Look at who he roots for, New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys, and yet he's from Akron OH. Which is a stone's throw from teams like the Browns and the Indians. And, let's be honest, who he roots for his is own decision. It doesn't make him a bad person all by itself, but it creates a picture of who LeBron is. Him joining up with Wade in Miami, wasn't unexpected.

LeBron just doesn't get "it." And when he saw his jersey being burned, it hurt him. But instead of him looking in the mirror and understanding why they feel the way they do, he just shrugs it off because their haters or, even worse, because racism is a part of it.

He's so conceited and selfish, he doesn't have the ability to understand his shortcomings. It's always someone else's fault. I really think he thinks his poop doesn't smell, and that anyone who thinks negatively about him must be crazy. He really thought that the joy of watching him play basketball, on whichever team, would make people happy.

(On a side note: My roommate follows LeBron on twitter. A few weeks ago, we were watching TV, and he starts laughing. He read a tweet from LeBron and while I don't know the exact wording, it went something like this: "whenever I'm sad, I just watch me play basketball and it always cheers me up.")

That's just who he is. He is so self-absorbed he can't fathom anyone not liking him. And if they do, it's their fault.

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
So basically you're too stubborn to watch the video because you know your memory from months ago is spotless, and you're so smart that you know Lebron better than Michael Wilbon.

Gotcha. Nothing further to discuss here. Wow. Silly 'ol me.

Since86
11-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Better to be stubborn than not having the ability to actually read what was posted.

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Better to be stubborn than not having the ability to actually read what was posted.

I can read just fine but saying ..... "but I don't need to watch it again either." doesn't say or even come close to implying anything except that your right. Without any possibility of any other outcome.

Maybe it's not better to be stubborn after all. I'd consider trading some of that 'tude in for some proof reading skills.

vapacersfan
11-08-2010, 05:36 PM
This thread has gone in about 10 diffrent directions.

One thing I think we know for sure: the decision to turn this into a TV program will be studies in marketing classes for years to come. Also, it will be interesting to see how many other players follow that route, if any, and what the outcome is for them

Since86
11-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Why does this even matter? If I could watch it, I would. Point over.

You don't see a reaction. Good for you. Obviously I do, and I'm not the only one.

Discussion over.

xBulletproof
11-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Why does this even matter? If I could watch it, I would. Point over.

You don't see a reaction. Good for you. Obviously I do, and I'm not the only one.

Discussion over.

You would watch it? Strange when 10 minutes ago you were so sure you were right, it was unnecessary. It matters because we're talking about a matter of opinion, and your so entirely close minded and blind on the subject that you just know you're right no matter what that video could possibly show.

Your bias shines through. I would even be able to respect someone's opinion if they watched it and still felt the same. However to blatantly claim it's not needed because your viewing of an event several months ago couldn't possibly have been even slightly misremembered or skewed by anything. You're immaculate.

You are correct about one thing, the discussion is over. There's no point in discussing anything with one so perfect. You seem as bad as you claim Lebron is. Enjoy.

Since86
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM
I would watch it to be perfectly precise with my examples on why I felt that way. To help me show exactly what I meant with time stamps in all.

Or do I need to watch Lucky Number Slevin right this moment in order to say that it's one of my favorite movies?

Is my memory skewed a little bit? Probably. But I definately remember watching the expression on his face when he saw the clip. I can come up with article after article where the writer came up with the exact same conclusions as I did. It doesn't make me, or them right, it makes us have an opinion. Which I'm allowed to have.

I don't throw out labels at you because you have a different opinion, I made a snarky comment because you're being an removed.

I don't care if you have a different opinion. Good for you. But I'm going to respond when you attack me personally because I don't agree with yours.