PDA

View Full Version : Allow me to save you the trouble, Hicks ;)

Shade
08-23-2004, 04:29 PM
:heat:
:lakers:
:pacers:
:pistons:
:spurs:
:timberwolves:

There are your contenders. Everyone else is a pretender. :p

Hicks
08-23-2004, 04:30 PM
The idea is to create discussion of every team, both for the sake of doing it, and to kill time. :p

:)

Shade
08-23-2004, 04:32 PM
The idea is to create discussion of every team, both for the sake of doing it, and to kill time. :p

:)

I know. But how many times can you say "Not a chance?" :p

Apparently, 24 times. :laugh:

Sollozzo
08-23-2004, 04:34 PM
You're considering the Lakers a major contender?

I don't see them being better than Houston or Dallas.

Shade
08-23-2004, 04:39 PM
You're considering the Lakers a major contender?

I don't see them being better than Houston or Dallas.

Odom and Kobe is a nice little one-two punch, and Butler is nothing to scoff at. Atkins and Divac are servicable, though it's very obvious that the 1 and 5 are the Lakers' major weaknesses. I don't see them being better than the Spurs or Wolves, but they should get past the Mavs and be slightly better than the Rockets.

Kstat
08-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Are the Lakers a contender to win a playoff round? yes. Are they a contender to win an NBA title? ABSOULTELY NOT.

Sollozzo
08-23-2004, 05:11 PM
I agree with Kstat's take.

The Lakers could win a playoff round, but I don't think they will contend for a title like Detroit, Indiana, Miami, San Antonio, and Minnesota.

That being said, I still think the Rockets and the Mavs are better than the Lakers.

Lord Helmet
08-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Are the Lakers a contender to win a playoff round? yes. Are they a contender to win an NBA title? ABSOULTELY NOT.

I agree.The Lakers can't play D.Therefore they can't play with the big boys like Indy and Detroit.

Hicks
08-23-2004, 06:58 PM
On Paper I think LA is a possible contender. They have a good (hell, a 2-time champion) coach in Rudy T, they have Kobe and Odom as the stars, a big front line with Grant and Divac (at least that's how I'd start the 4/5), a "super sub" in Butler, and Atkins is at least as good as Fisher was, or Payton last year for that matter. They will be good. I won't say they're DEFINITELY a contender, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did make the WCF at least.

Kstat
08-23-2004, 07:09 PM
The Lakers won titles because they had the best frontcourt player on the court in every series. Thats exactly why teams like Minnesota, San Antonio and Houston are going to tear them up in May,

Shade
08-23-2004, 07:27 PM
The Lakers won titles because they had the best frontcourt player on the court in every series. Thats exactly why teams like Minnesota, San Antonio and Houston are going to tear them up in May,

I agree about the Spurs and Wolves, but what does Houston have? Yao/TMac vs. Odom/Kobe. I think LA has the slightly better tandem right now, though the Rockets will win in the long run.