PDA

View Full Version : New video interview from Pacers practice today with JOB, Dun & DC

Peck
11-04-2010, 05:36 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2010/11/04/pacers101104mov-1461252/index.html

The one bit of news coming out of this btw is that he is now calling Tyler the first big off of the bench.

I'm sorry to seem like a turncoat here to the anti-O'Brien faction but in fact I like what he had to say and seemed to set the right tone. One game is not the end of the world and they just need to adjust and move on.

Scot Pollard
11-04-2010, 05:43 PM
they better never play like that game last night

i wouldve expected this from the team last year but certainly not this year

HC
11-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Well I am glad to hear it. I do, however, find it a bit puzzling that just a week ago Tyler supposedly wasn't ready to step into the rotation.

BillS
11-04-2010, 05:47 PM

They are very young and prone to get affected by the last game or two, getting high or low. I'd expect at least one more of these or maybe two. It happens. They are just losses, and you sometimes get more from this kind of butt kicking than you would from a string of close losses.

Pacers4Life
11-04-2010, 05:55 PM
I think we just need to bounce back lol.

I liked what Jim had to say... I usually always do. That man has a way with words. The responses were a little weak from Mike and DC, especially when you consider what Roy "had to say" (I've only seen what he said in writing)...

And was there any reason why Mike looked like he just had hit face worked over by another Mike... Tyson.

indianapolismarkus
11-04-2010, 06:00 PM
It's funny to see in the video that Roy & Solo are pretend sparing.

Sookie
11-04-2010, 06:07 PM
They are very young and prone to get affected by the last game or two, getting high or low. I'd expect at least one more of these or maybe two. It happens. They are just losses, and you sometimes get more from this kind of butt kicking than you would from a string of close losses.

One or two...

I expect to see about ten of these. We have a bunch of young guys and not very good vets..and Danny. That screams of inconsistency.

btw, I also expect to see about 5-10 games where we look as good as the Lakers/Heat. And I'm not kidding. They're young and talanted..and the effort is always there. So when things are clicking, I expect to look quite good.

Eleazar
11-04-2010, 06:12 PM
I have learned that it is just as likely that JOB won't do what he says as there is that he will do what he says. I think the majority of the board believes that, so I don't quite understand why people still post and talk about things JOB says? If there is at the very least a 50% chance he is talking out his *** why even bother caring?

Pacers4Life
11-04-2010, 06:13 PM
One or two...

I expect to see about ten of these. We have a bunch of young guys and not very good vets..and Danny. That screams of inconsistency.

btw, I also expect to see about 5-10 games where we look as good as the Lakers/Heat. And I'm not kidding. They're young and talanted..and the effort is always there. So when things are clicking, I expect to look quite good.

I was going to start with saying I hope you're wrong... then I continueed reading.

Reconsidering...
I think you're right which is why I feel so sucky about it. Let's put it this way, I hope WE'RE wrong and they start to play with more consistency. I'd rather be average or slightly above for extended periods than to dip and dab at mediocrity and greatness. I'd like to KEEP believing in what we have but they have to make me. Any more than 4 or 5 more like last night are unacceptable to me as of now.

Sookie
11-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I have learned that it is just as likely that JOB won't do what he says as there is that he will do what he says. I think the majority of the board believes that, so I don't quite understand why people still post and talk about things JOB says? If there is at the very least a 50% chance he is talking out his *** why even bother caring?

Yea..calling Tyler the first big off the bench is not good. Ten bucks says Posey comes in first next game.

PacerPenguins
11-04-2010, 06:17 PM
i know what was wrong with the pacers las night, even though they were missing shots and had a horribly coached game the one main thing the pacers did last night that should never happen again is how selfishly they played

spazzxb
11-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Well I am glad to hear it. I do, however, find it a bit puzzling that just a week ago Tyler supposedly wasn't ready to step into the rotation.
Well 4 weeks ago he couldn't scrimmage in practice.

BlueNGold
11-04-2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2010/11/04/pacers101104mov-1461252/index.html

The one bit of news coming out of this btw is that he is now calling Tyler the first big off of the bench.

I'm sorry to seem like a turncoat here to the anti-O'Brien faction but in fact I like what he had to say and seemed to set the right tone. One game is not the end of the world and they just need to adjust and move on.

Agreed. I'm finding myself more in agreement with him this year as well. First time in his tenure I've felt that way. He's still too focused on the perimeter shot for my taste, but taking Murphy away from him has made a world of a difference.

odeez
11-05-2010, 12:20 AM
It is a long season and you just have to forget about games like that one. I also liked what JOB had to say. He really put it in perspective with how young we are at key positions. That being said I hope we don't see anything like that again!

NapTonius Monk
11-05-2010, 01:29 AM

About every team has a game where they get their lunch handed to them. The thing to look for is how they respond to that. Heck, Orlando got throttled by Miami a couple days ago. It happens. I agree with not making it a habit.

Psyren
11-05-2010, 01:43 AM
The real key in my opinion is just to come out better tomorrow.

If we play tomorrow night like we did on Wednesday, then maybe we have a problem. Even if we lose tomorrow night, as long as we play hard and stay competitive, then I'd say we shouldn't be too concerned.

Brad8888
11-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Coach O'Brien,

Beat the living crap out of the Bucks with your well prepared team, Coach. I would hate for you to suffer through another unhappy film session.

Make the team hit on 6 out of 8 cylinders, because 2 won't cut it. Of course, you already have stated that a victory will be difficult to come by even if the Pacers play well against the Bucks despite their 1-4 record because they "space the court" and Bogut is a very good player.

You are a difference maker who adds 12 wins per season, which is approximately 1 game out of every 7 played, so, time is wasting. Make a difference while you still have a chance to against an average NBA team! The schedule becomes much more daunting very, very soon, but obviously you are already prepared for that, too, and so is the team.

Trophy
11-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Enough with the talk, we need to see the apologies on the court.

OakMoses
11-05-2010, 11:21 AM
There seems to be a "party line" that guys are sticking with. When you hear both Dun and DC say virtually the same thing about how this happens every once in a while during an 82 game season and that the response is more important than the loss, I think they're probably parroting O'Brien's message to the team.

It seems like he's taking a pretty mild approach. I'd love to think that we've had some leaders in the locker room (Roy, Danny) who've been a little harder on guys and that O'Brien is providing the contrast.

Hoop
11-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Yea..calling Tyler the first big off the bench is not good. Ten bucks says Posey comes in first next game.
You called it. :puke:

gummy
11-05-2010, 10:45 PM

I laughed and thought of you when Posey came in for McRoberts in the 1st!

And then I cursed.

pwee31
11-05-2010, 10:54 PM
I laughed and thought of Sookie as well when that happened. It was better than the tears I wanted to shed

BlueNGold
11-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Sookie, my man. I agree with you most of the time. I have feared this Posey/JOb thing. Troy better not find out or this will be a love triangle.

Seriously, Posey could single handedly ruin my next 6 months. Him and Solo are hell to watch IMHO.

Sookie
11-06-2010, 12:35 AM
I laughed and thought of Sookie as well when that happened. It was better than the tears I wanted to shed

LOL, it's happened to AJ about five times, I figured JOB didn't discriminate..:laugh:

pacer4ever
11-06-2010, 01:33 AM
LOL, it's happened to AJ about five times, I figured JOB didn't discriminate..:laugh:

yep JOB is full of :censored:

I tod AJ 2nite to keep working and we needed him and u will get u shot one day (hopefully sooner than later). he was classy with his response.

Sookie
11-06-2010, 01:52 AM
yep JOB is full of :censored:

I tod AJ 2nite to keep working and we needed him and u will get u shot one day (hopefully sooner than later). he was classy with his response.

The kid is...PC..:laugh:

I don't know how it's not frustrating though. Same for all of the younger guys (well, and TJ really. But at least TJ stunk before he was benched..)

pacer4ever
11-06-2010, 01:59 AM
The kid is...PC..:laugh:

I don't know how it's not frustrating though. Same for all of the younger guys (well, and TJ really. But at least TJ stunk before he was benched..)

I just have never seen someone given the job like JOB gave the backup pg to TJ. AJ is clearly better and outplayed him for the spot but thats JOB for you.

TJ got bench for Earl Watson wasnt like a young guy who was having a break thur year. I just dont get what has changed since last yr TJ looks the same to me. Overdribbler is selfish ballhog thinks he is a young allen iverson with the floaters he takes and the way he drives to the hole. Just very poor basketball i am forced to putup with:cry::cry:.

Sookie
11-06-2010, 02:07 AM
I just have never seen someone given the job like JOB gave the backup pg to TJ. AJ is clearly better and outplayed him for the spot but thats JOB for you.

LOL, I expected it. Really, why wouldn't a coach play a point guard that hasn't understood his system in the three years that he's been here..and that is being traded ASAP..in favor of a guy management sees as a core young guy, who understands and runs the offesive system well?
This is the same kid that was outplaying Earl and TJ in practice, while Earl and TJ were stinking it up in games..and still wasn't played.
And this is the same kid that outplayed TJ in games, only to be benched in favor of TJ because "We liked what we saw in AJ, so we benched him."
So why would this time be any different?
But I thought after the preseason..AJ at least had a shot of playing a few minutes at SG..

What's odd is that JOB just keeps on complimenting him..and keeps on benching him.

pacer4ever
11-06-2010, 02:12 AM
LOL, I expected it. Really, why wouldn't a coach play a point guard that hasn't understood his system in the three years that he's been here..and that is being traded ASAP..in favor of a guy management sees as a core young guy, who understands and runs the offesive system well?
This is the same kid that was outplaying Earl and TJ in practice, while Earl and TJ were stinking it up in games..and still wasn't played.
And this is the same kid that outplayed TJ in games, only to be benched in favor of TJ because "We liked what we saw in AJ, so we benched him."
So why would this time be any different?
But I thought after the preseason..AJ at least had a shot of playing a few minutes at SG..
What's odd is that JOB just keeps on complimenting him..and keeps on benching him.

he needs to grow about 2 inches and have lockdown defense like Eric Gordon which i dont think he can do i could be wrong. Eric is only 6"3 but amazing on defense if he struggled on defense he would have to switch to PG. which he could do but he is a sg on offense so the clipps play him there.(wish they would bench baron he sucks for EJ or bledsoe)

Sookie
11-06-2010, 02:15 AM
he needs to grow about 2 inches and have lockdown defense like Eric Gordon which i dont think he can do i could be wrong. Eric is only 6"3 but amazing on defense if he struggled on defense he would have to switch to PG. which he could do but he is a sg on offense so the clipps play him there.(wish they would bench baron he sucks for EJ or bledsoe)

I don't want him there. In fact, I'd prefer it if his role in the offense wasn't to act like a mini SG..but what can you do about that.. Obie has played him there before..so JOB believes its an option..

pacer4ever
11-06-2010, 02:21 AM
I don't want him there. In fact, I'd prefer it if his role in the offense wasn't to act like a mini SG..but what can you do about that.. Obie has played him there before..so JOB believes its an option..

in obies system the PF is suppose to act like a sg to i just dont get it at all. Obie needs to play to his players strength. and AJ's stregth is running the offense getting his teammates involved and making open shots.

McKeyFan
11-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Sookie, my man.
:therock:

gummy
11-06-2010, 10:57 PM
:therock:

Seems like most people assume other posters are men. And of course most of them probably are.