PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pacers Jerseys

Sollozzo
08-23-2004, 03:26 PM
I saw a site that gives a history of the Pacers uniforms and thought that you all would be interested, here is the link.....

http://www.nba.com/history/uniforms_pacers.html

I'm guessing that is every style of uniform that we have ever worn.

So what are your favorite jerseys we have ever had? I get the impression that the flo jo's and the retro jerseys we wore this year(which were used for the 73 ABA champs), are the favorites of the Pacers. I get the impression that people are tired with the pinstripes and are ready for a change. I've always been o.k. with the white and blue uni's, but have never liked the golds.

My favorites our the flo jo's. I especially loved the white flo jo's, and how the "Pacers" matched the "Pacers" in our logo. The flo jo's were in my opinion, the best looking uniforms in the league, and I would have been fine with keeping those forever. I've always loved our logo and hope that it is never changed.

Slick Pinkham
08-23-2004, 03:43 PM
I like the flo-jo uni's and the retro ones, though the stripe in the back is too low. In the 70's it was shoulder blade level, with the name above and number below. Now the bottom of the number is almost tucked into the shorts.

rel
08-23-2004, 03:48 PM
i gotta agree with pacertom... the flojo jerZ's were my favorites. they should use those for retros next season.

ChicagoJ
08-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Flo-Jo's. No question.

Hicks
08-23-2004, 03:54 PM
I like the flo-jo, the no-frills navy blue one, and today's (minus the gold, which I find merely tolerable)

SoupIsGood
08-23-2004, 05:38 PM
The Flo-Jo's were great. We need to bring them back.

Lord Helmet
08-23-2004, 06:21 PM
The Flo Jo's and the retros and I have no problem with the pinstripes though.And I would hope that we have another retro night this season and they use the away Flo jo's.Then I could buy a new one:cool:

diego
08-24-2004, 10:54 AM
The flo jos sucked. I cant believe so many people like those ugly *** unis. Personally the retor ones are the coolest ones we have. Heck i even like the current pin stripes better than the flo jos.

Sollozzo
08-24-2004, 01:58 PM
I personally thought the Flo Jo's were our best uniforms ever, and were the best looking uniforms in the league. That just shows you that everyone sees things differently.

What ticked me off was that when you bought the Champion brand Replica jerseys, they didn't have the stripes on the side. The stripes are what made the flo jo's, I thought that was a rip off not including the stripe.

ChicagoJ
08-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Without a doubt, from 1990 - 97 we had the *best* looking uniforms in the league, but the replicas did/do look pretty bland.

I also like the "double-stripe" version from the late 1970's that Billy Knight is wearing on that page. I didn't like most of the uniform choices in the 1980's, and I really prefer the navy blue to the royal blue.

But we can't complain too loudly, we've never had any of those dorky "sleeveless" thingies that are in style right now.

TheSauceMaster
08-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Give me the Retro ABA one's like we wore last year , those were the Best IMHO , the Flojo's were okay but not that great to be honest.

Ultimate Frisbee
08-24-2004, 04:52 PM
i also like the retro ABA jerseys the best, and I am not a fan of the current jerseys... I don't like the pinstripes

Burt_Reincarnated
08-24-2004, 09:27 PM
gah! those retros from last year were the worst ever!! :puke: Not only were they bland, there were like 3 other teams with the same jersey, different colors.

I like the Pacer jerseys from the mid 80s with the Pacer band on the chest. The one Vern is sporting. :thumbsup: