PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Trying To Trade Dahntay Jones still

pacer4ever
11-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Nov 04, 2010 11:12 AM EST
The Pacers tried to trade Dahntay Jones to clear a roster spot for Magnum Rolle last month, and they're expected to continue to try to get him moved.

"I'm a basketball player and I'll always be a basketball player," Jones said. "You will never call me a shooter. I just play basketball. I don't take it as a negative that I'm not a shooter.

"I just play hard and hope what I bring to the table will be useful to the team."

Via Indianapolis Star
Indiana Pacers

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69923/20101104/pacers_trying_to_trade_dahntay_jones/#ixzz14KrsUChm

hopefully it gets done i want magnum

Trophy
11-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Find Solo a new team too.

I can't stand it that he's Roy backup.

pacer4ever
11-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Find Solo a new team too.

I can't stand it that he's Roy backup.

ya i would rather have magnum back him up lol and magnum is a twig

Trophy
11-04-2010, 12:31 PM
ya i would rather have magnum back him up lol and magnum is a twig

The smart decision would be to have Jeff backing up Roy and I wanted to keep Magnum over Solo just to have on the bench.

Magnum is taller than Solo and with a year in the league and hitting the gym, he can become a more relevant player.

Magnum Rolle is a really cool name too. :laugh:

rock747
11-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Magnum isn't going to solve the back up Center problem. Why does Solo get minutes over Jeff?

Trophy
11-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Magnum isn't going to solve the back up Center problem. Why does Solo get minutes over Jeff?

I'm really confused by JOB's decision on this too.

I thought he couldn't wait to have Jeff back on the court and it's pretty obvious Solo is clueless when playing center.

I wanted Jeff to be Roy's backup and keep Magnum, who is young and taller than Solo on the bench and let him improve.

I Love P
11-04-2010, 12:36 PM
It's Dahntay Jones...not a superstar, what do you expect to get for a player like Jones?

I Love P
11-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Solo is the worst player in the NBA.

vnzla81
11-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Solo is the worst player in the NBA.

No he is not.

pacer4ever
11-04-2010, 12:48 PM
mike then??
No he is not.

Trophy
11-04-2010, 12:48 PM
I think we should take whatever expiring player we can get for the Joneses because we're probably not getting much value for them.

An expiring veteran center would be nice if JOB refuses to use Jeff.

Day-V
11-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Scalabrine?

pacer4ever
11-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Scalabrine?

no JOB would play him to much he can make 3s

sportfireman
11-04-2010, 01:00 PM
I still feel like Flim is only playing certain guys to be showcased for a trade. Solo, DJones, TJ, and maybe even Dun.......:-p

Sookie
11-04-2010, 01:15 PM
But I like Dahntay..can't we keep him :( He doesn't have to play...

CableKC
11-04-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm really confused by JOB's decision on this too.

I thought he couldn't wait to have Jeff back on the court and it's pretty obvious Solo is clueless when playing center.

I wanted Jeff to be Roy's backup and keep Magnum, who is young and taller than Solo on the bench and let him improve.
I guarantee that if Foster ( a favorite of JO'B ) was able to play that he'd be playing now ahead of Hansbrough in the rotation now.

As speculated by many of us.....my guess is that the only reason why Solo is getting minutes ahead of Foster ( who hasn't played at all ) is because Foster is more injured then we are led to believe.

Speed
11-04-2010, 01:17 PM

I like how he's handled this, that's for sure. First guy cheering off the bench. He's been a pro in his demeanor for sure, imo.

CooperManning
11-04-2010, 01:21 PM
I guarantee that if Foster ( a favorite of JO'B ) was able to play that he'd be playing now ahead of Hansbrough in the rotation now.

As speculated by many of us.....my guess is that the only reason why Solo is getting minutes ahead of Foster ( who hasn't played at all ) is because Foster is more injured then we are led to believe.

Wells tweeted this yesterday:

"Solomon Jones may remain Hibbert's backup for a little while because Foster suffered a nasty sprained ankle at shootaround this morning."

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeWellsNBA

pacer4ever
11-04-2010, 01:23 PM

"Solomon Jones may remain Hibbert's backup for a little while because Foster suffered a nasty sprained ankle at shootaround this morning."

ya him and lance were working on lance's gaame when it happened that what i heard

CableKC
11-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Don't worry....no Team is going to take on his contract on it's own.

My guess is that the only way that Inferno ( or Posey ) will be moved is in a package with one of the Expiring Contracts ( probably Dunleavy or Foster ) for a Player that ( hopefully ) fits our long term needs with a bigger and longer contract.

Deadshot
11-04-2010, 01:24 PM
I still feel like Flim is only playing certain guys to be showcased for a trade. Solo, DJones, TJ, and maybe even Dun.......:-p

I'm all for a good JOB burn, but you do realize that DJ has only seen minutes in the last Philly game (11) because we were getting destroyed. I'm pretty sure he was in a suit for at least 2 games too. He's not even being showcased.

SMosley21
11-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Some of you guys obviously don't watch much basketball outside of the Pacers. To say that Solo is the worst player in the NBA is a stretch. Sure he's not good by any means, but he's far from the worst player in the league.

pacer4ever
11-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Some of you guys obviously don't watch much basketball outside of the Pacers. To say that Solo is the worst player in the NBA is a stretch. Sure he's not good by any means, but he's far from the worst player in the league.

ya look at J. Collins and many others

spreedom
11-04-2010, 01:28 PM

I hope so on at least those first three...

CableKC
11-04-2010, 01:29 PM

I still think that there was something else that was preventing Foster from playing prior to this mentioned injury. It makes ZERO sense that JO'B would play Solo ahead of Foster ( a Player that JO'B LOVED to play prior to his injury ) if all things were equal ( specifically that both are assumed to be completely healthy ). There is nothing that Solo does that Foster cannot do whereas there are many things that Foster does that Solo is simply incapable of doing.

Unclebuck
11-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I still think that there was something else that was preventing Foster from playing prior to this mentioned injury. It makes ZERO sense that JO'B would play Solo ahead of Foster ( a Player that JO'B LOVED to play prior to his injury ) if all things were equal ( specifically that both are assumed to be completely healthy ). There is nothing that Solo does that Foster cannot do whereas there are many things that Foster does that Solo is simply incapable of doing.

I think Jim is "saving" Jeff for later in the season. Probably wants to give Solo a chance at the start of the season. Why wear Jeff down in November when he might be more valuable in February and March

CableKC
11-04-2010, 01:52 PM
I think Jim is "saving" Jeff for later in the season. Probably wants to give Solo a chance at the start of the season. Why wear Jeff down in November when he might be more valuable in February and March
I didn't think of that....but it's rather optimistic that we'd still be in the Playoff hunt by February or March ;).

Sookie
11-04-2010, 01:54 PM
I like how he's handled this, that's for sure. First guy cheering off the bench. He's been a pro in his demeanor for sure, imo.

I just like him. I think he's a good veteran voice. He's good to the younger guys, and clearly he's been positive off the bench. His whole "Keep working hard and when I'm needed I'll be ready" mind state is great.

His only problem is he doesn't fit in this offense. Ad can be a black hole...but he would be helpful if we needed a ten/fifteen minute a night guy to come in and play physical defense. That just isn't valued here.

I do think the whole situation with DJ shows that TJ isn't being showcased..JOB actually wants him playing.

vnzla81
11-04-2010, 01:55 PM
I didn't think of that....but it's rather optimistic that we'd still be in the Playoff hunt by February or March ;).

Yep playoffs or another late season run and 13th again

pacer4ever
11-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Yep playoffs or another late season run and 13th again

which i ****ing hate we need to tank if we are making a late season run last yr we could have got john wall just stupid need to tank if we are out of the playoff race

Brad8888
11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Maybe the Nets would let us swap three of our guys, including both Jones and the expiring contract of Dunleavy for the expiring contract of Troy Murphy. At least Dunleavy would have a chance to show what he can do there, and would no longer be in the way of any of our young wings developing. Then, we could sign Rolle.

Roaming Gnome
11-04-2010, 02:50 PM
which i ****ing hate we need to tank if we are making a late season run last yr we could have got john wall just stupid need to tank if we are out of the playoff race

:picard:
Just ****ing shoot me! :suicide:

Can we at least get thru December before this bull**** comes up. Hell, can we at least get to December!

And no... We wouldn't have gotten John Wall! Just ask any New Jersey Nets fan on how successful tanking your way to the #1 pick is.

MLB007
11-04-2010, 02:56 PM

2 years from now we will THANK THE STARS that we got Paul George.

pacer4ever
11-04-2010, 02:57 PM
:picard:
Just ****ing shoot me! :suicide:

Can we at least get thru December before this bull**** comes up. Hell, can we at least get to December!

And no... We wouldn't have gotten John Wall! Just ask any New Jersey Nets fan on how successful tanking your way to the #1 pick is.

i am talking about last yr sir not this yr

MTM
11-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I too like Dahntay. He is what he is, which is a solid pro who can step in and spot start without embarrassing himself, and will occassionally give you a nice spurt. He plays good defense, handles the ball well, and passes well. I think he could be McKey-lite in the right system with the right coach.

Justin Tyme
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM
The smart decision would be to have Jeff backing up Roy

The smart decision would have been not to pay Foster 12.6 mil in the 1st place! Then you would have someone capable of playing b/u Center.

Justin Tyme
11-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Why does Solo get minutes over Jeff?

Isn't it pretty obvious Foster can't play? Otherwise Jimmy would have used his vet.

Mackey_Rose
11-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Jeff has been worn down for three years.

Justin Tyme
11-04-2010, 04:18 PM

Then why not trade him to a team that can stash him for the playoffs that has a chance to go deep? Foster not playing is of no value to the Pacers. Games being played now count the same in the win column as in Feb & March, not to mention Solo leaves a lot to be desired as the b/u to Hibby.

Justin Tyme
11-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Maybe the Nets would let us swap three of our guys, including both Jones and the expiring contract of Dunleavy for the expiring contract of Troy Murphy.

Cough cough choke choke! Why on God's green earth would you want Murphy? Surely, you jest sire!!!

Eleazar
11-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Is it possible that JOB is playing Solo because he is better offensively than Foster and he feels he needs a stronger offensive player in there with the back-ups?

Sookie
11-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Is it possible that JOB is playing Solo because he is better offensively than Foster and he feels he needs a stronger offensive player in there with the back-ups?

No.

There's a vet available. JOB would pick the vet. I don't know that he considers much ese. And in this case..so long as Foster can walk (which turns out he can't..)..heck I might even be cool with him playing while he's sitting down.

Young
11-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I like Dahntay Jones and what he brings to the team.

With that said it is a crowded position and he seems to be the oud man out in the short term and long term. Some people might say he is overpaid but I don't know how. According to hoopshype he makes $2.5 million this season. While maybe not the exact amount I bet it's close which is about right for a player like DJ, imo.

I think that DJ is too good to just sit on the bench. Some team has to want him. He is still productive.

Justin Tyme
11-04-2010, 07:39 PM
I think that DJ is too good to just sit on the bench. Some team has to want him. He is still productive.

So far no one has had an interest. He'd be far better off on another team that can use his talent.

Eleazar
11-04-2010, 07:45 PM
So far no one has had an interest. He'd be far better off on another team that can use his talent.

Just because there hasn't been any trades doesn't mean there is no interest. There may be interest, but the teams interested can't come to an agreement with the Pacers or there is just no way for the team to trade for him because of the players and contracts on their team make it basically impossible to make a fair trade.

No trade doesn't mean no interest, just that no trade have happened.

speakout4
11-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Questions that need answering with regard to Foster;

Can he play at all?
Can he play with various personnel and does he know the various new personnel's games?
How many minutes a game can he play?

Once these questions are answered we can worry about Feb. and March
he obviously isn't playing because he is not physically able.