PDA

View Full Version : 20th anniversary of the NBA on NBC - great videos - Pacers - Bulls intro

Unclebuck
11-04-2010, 09:44 AM
For those of us who used to love the way NBC covered the NBA from 1990 through 2002 - here are some great videos. And there is one Pacers intro. I had to watch without sound and still loved these.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.net/2010/11/videos-of-day-20th-anniversary-of-nba.html#more

BillS
11-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Here's my edit of the NBA on NBC theme (http://www.bsutton.com/bill/Music/NBA.mp3) that I use for my boot sound during the season.

MTM
11-04-2010, 11:33 AM
That time was, in my opinion, the pinnacle of NBA coverage and the most fun time to be a Pacers fan.

Day-V
11-04-2010, 02:50 PM
I never was a fan of the NBA on NBC growing up. While I was a very young kid, it just always appeared as if the announcers and analysts at the studio were always rooting for the team playing the Pacers. I'm sure it's not the case, but that was my impression growing up.

JonnyB83
11-04-2010, 03:22 PM
I loved the NBA on NBC..... Best theme EVER!!!

duke dynamite
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Wasn't John Tesh the composer to the NBA on NBC theme music?

EDIT: Ha, yeah it was.

Day-V
11-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Wasn't John Tesh the composer to the NBA on NBC theme music?

God damn you, you beat me to it. I was JUST about to mention that.

duke dynamite
11-04-2010, 04:08 PM
*** damn you, you beat me to it. I was JUST about to mention that.
Uh oh. You better hi...

Wait, I don't want this subject to hijack another thread.

Day-V
11-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Uh oh. You better hi...

Wait, I don't want this subject to hijack another thread.

Indeed, we don't want that to happen. We need to keep this thread going with discussions about the NBA on NBC and topics such as the awesome song, video game, and Bill Walton's attempt to be Michael Jordan's John Madden.

(You are so dumb. You are really dumb.)

duke dynamite
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Indeed, we don't want that to happen. We need to keep this thread going with discussions about the NBA on NBC and topics such as the awesome song, video game, and Bill Walton's attempt to be Michael Jordan's John Madden.

(You are so dumb. You are really dumb.)
Shoot, remember on Playstation Showtime: NBA on NBC, it had Shaq on the cover? It was basically a reincarnation of NBA Jam, same developer/publisher (Midway). It had that music in it.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/9260/388619-nbashow_large.jpg

(We've got your t-shirt. We've got your fingerprints.)

Day-V
11-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Shoot, remember on Playstation Showtime: NBA on NBC, it had Shaq on the cover? It was basically a reincarnation of NBA Jam, same developer/publisher (Midway). It had that music in it.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/9260/388619-nbashow_large.jpg

(We've got your t-shirt. We've got your fingerprints.)

I had it on N64. That was pretty much the 2nd-best Pacers team in terms of the NBA arcade games.

Reggie Miller
Jalen Rose
Dale Davis
Sam Perkins
Derrick McKey
Chris Mullin
Boomer

Still, while Showtime was awesome, it doesn't hold a candle to NBA Hang time.

(He's climbin' in yo' windows. He's snatchin' yo' people up.)

MTM
11-04-2010, 04:24 PM
When Reggie hit the shot over Jordan in game 4 in 98, the call by Marv Albert and Isiah Thomas (repeating "Oh baby, Oh baby") was classic, but nothing surpasses the 25 point 4th quarter in MSG with "Look at THIS shot... YES!". Now that Reggie's antics have been made famous by 30 for 30 and the NBA channel replays, it seems to have lost the specialness it always had for me. But I watched it the first time and remember the drama, the way it felt, the way the storylines gripped me for days before the game.

Day-V
11-04-2010, 04:26 PM
When Reggie hit the shot over Jordan in game 4 in 98, the call by Marv Albert and Isiah Thomas (repeating "Oh baby, Oh baby") was classic, but nothing surpasses the 25 point 4th quarter in MSG with "Look at THIS shot... YES!". Now that Reggie's antics have been made famous by 30 for 30 and the NBA channel replays, it seems to have lost the specialness it always had for me. But I watched it the first time and remember the drama, the way it felt, the way the storylines gripped me for days before the game.

I believe that was actually Bob Costas in Game 4, not Marv.

cdash
11-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I loved the NBA on NBC..... Best theme EVER!!!

It's my ringtone on my phone. Makes me smile every time.

MTM
11-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I stand corrected - it didn't feel right to say Marv there. I think it was Costas.

JonnyB83
11-04-2010, 07:34 PM
It's my ringtone on my phone. Makes me smile every time.

It's been mine, I need to figure out how to make that happen on my new phone. I love doing cardio to this song. Instead of being bored I have fun memories of Pacers vs Knicks in my head.

NapTonius Monk
11-04-2010, 08:00 PM
HooWheeeeee! I forgot how good Iverson was when he was at his peak.