PDA

View Full Version : Paul George Twitter

Hibbert
11-04-2010, 09:42 AM
http://twitter.com/King24George
Too much game bottled in me it's time I unleash it! Eff it I'm playin how I know!

Does this mean what I think it means?

Mackey_Rose
11-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Too much game bottled in me it's time I unleash it! Eff it I'm playin how I know!

What do you think it means?

Hibbert
11-04-2010, 09:51 AM
The last part....He doesn't agree with coach and how he is being used?

Mackey_Rose
11-04-2010, 09:54 AM

Maybe.

Or it might just mean he is going to just try to play more instinctively instead of trying to think every little thing through.

Jose Slaughter
11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
I take it that he's a dumbass, he knows everyone reads this things.

Paul George - DNP-CD

Hibbert
11-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Maybe.

Or it might just mean he is going to just try to play more instinctively instead of trying to think every little thing through.

I hope that's what it is instead of my idea. I first saw his comment and didn't have good thought's about it so I hope your right.

MagicRat
11-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Young fella's going to end up on the bench next to Coach Dale.

Brad8888
11-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Twitter is a wonderful, yet frightening, technology.

George is definitely saying the wrong thing here, and if he does go "rogue" and play his own game when he is in, whether he is right for doing so or not, he will suffer the same fate as those who have done so before him, namely long term benching with little opportunity for development.

Tweeting this is a very bad move on his part in my opinion.

Will Galen
11-04-2010, 10:30 AM

Paul George - DNP-CD

Hibbert complains about people not running the offence and this is George's response? Yep, George's showing he's not very bright.

Speed
11-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I think it's fine, I like his resolve. I think that's what he's saying more than anything. I'm tired of being timid, I need to step up to the challenge more aggressive, period.

Maybe he means he'll be more aggressive defensively and try to be more of a prescence. What if he means I need to do the things Im being asked moreso, not less.

I have no problem with the blurb, thats all it is.

Now if he turns the ball over 4 times in a row on Friday on bonehead selfish plays, i'll retract this, but I don't think that's what he's saying at all.

He doesn't seem to be that kind of player.

BillS
11-04-2010, 10:32 AM
The amount of discussion and dire meanings we can extract from 18 words should probably astonish me, but it doesn't.

McKeyFan
11-04-2010, 10:36 AM
The amount of discussion and dire meanings we can extract from 18 words should probably astonish me, but it doesn't.

That's 19 words, Bill, unless you consider a number a word. Then its 20.

Discuss.

count55
11-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Clearly, he's a *******.

Let's kill him.

Will Galen
11-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Eff it I'm playin how I know!

"Eff it I'm playing the way I know," doesn't mean he's going to try harder.

It means he doesn't want to play anyway other than what he already knows, that he's resisting playing the way he's being taught.

Now that couldn't mean he's resisting running the offense, because then he would be going away from the team concept, and even dummy's know you don't play a zone when the rest of the team is playing man to man.

It reads more like something more to do with personal instruction. The way he shoots, etc., something like that.

BillS
11-04-2010, 10:54 AM
"Eff it I'm playing the way I know," doesn't mean he's going to try harder.

It means he doesn't want to play anyway other than what he already knows, that he's resisting playing the way he's being taught.

Now that couldn't mean he's resisting running the offense, because then he would be going away from the team concept, and even dummy's know you don't play a zone when the rest of the team is playing man to man.

It reads more like something more to do with personal instruction. The way he shoots, etc., something like that.

Emphasize "playin'" and you get the possibility that he knows what he should do but hasn't been playing that way.

Emphasize "I" and you get the interpretation you are giving.

jhondog28
11-04-2010, 11:12 AM
At least he didnt throw his gf down a flight of stairs

pacers74
11-04-2010, 11:21 AM
This quote doesn't look good. Lets hope he is just blowing of steam. He is very young and will learn when to not saying anything and when to speak out. I don't think twitter is the right spot to vent your frustrations.

I hope he just goes out and plays harder and doesn't try to play outside of the offense. The last thing we need is our plays trying to play individual games.

If Hibbert is out new leader he better jump on this and tell the players to keep the frustrations out of the media or social media.

vnzla81
11-04-2010, 11:23 AM

I think he is just been thinking too much and he haven't been good on D, he knows he can play better in both sides of the court, that's all.

Speed
11-04-2010, 11:23 AM
If Blogs are the death of professional journalism then Twitter is the death of definitive understanding. I swear I get older and grouchier by the day when it comes to this stuff.

OakMoses
11-04-2010, 11:24 AM
George got benched in this game for being too passive. He got benched for a player (D. Jones) who's best attribute is his aggression. It makes sense, and we're reading too much into it.

However, George does need to be more aggressive on the court, especially with his off the ball game on offense. He's got a nearly perfect skill set for a slasher, but I don't think I've seen him make one hard cut to the basket in the first 4 games.

Hibbert
11-04-2010, 11:26 AM
I think he is just been thinking too much and he haven't been good on D, he knows he can play better in both sides of the court, that's all.

Hope your right

count55
11-04-2010, 11:26 AM
If Blogs are the death of professional journalism then Twitter is the death of definitive understanding. I swear I get older and grouchier by the day when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks.

I love you, too.

IUfan4life
11-04-2010, 11:29 AM
That's 19 words, Bill, unless you consider a number a word. Then its 20.

Discuss.
It's or it is, but not its. If you are going to be the grammar and counting police, make sure to proofread your posts.

discuss.

Speed
11-04-2010, 11:34 AM

Here's an interpretation for our less social network savvy friends out there.

I think "Too" is misspelled and is actualy "Two". I think "bottled" means beer. I think "unleash" means to relieve yourself or possibly vomit.

So the first sentence loosely translated means that - I know most fans drank two too many beers watching the horrific performance last night and likely have to go to the bathroom afterwards to urinate or maybe vomit.

"Eff it"

clearly means Effingham Illinois, to which Paul intends to visit "it" sometimes soon, therefore Effing it.

"I'm playin how I know"

Actually should have been "I'm playin, (comma)" meaning he's not really going to Effingham.

", how I know" is really "how? I no"

Meaning, "how am I going to Effingham, I'm not" restating that he's was kidding about going to Effingham all along.

It's pretty simple really.

Speed
11-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks.

I love you, too.

Well other than yours, I meant of course.

Oh ya, or um Pecks new one....

PaceBalls
11-04-2010, 11:40 AM

Paul George - DNP-CD

My thoughts exactly... it means PG should not use twitter...

Speed
11-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks.

I love you, too.

Reset:

Wait, yours isn't professional?

count55
11-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Reset:

Wait, yours isn't professional?

Well, the writing isn't, but, you know, there's...other stuff I get paid for.

RWB
11-04-2010, 12:04 PM
"Eff it"

clearly means Effingham Illinois, to which Paul intends to visit "it" sometimes soon, therefore Effing it.

"I'm playin how I know"

Actually should have been "I'm playin, (comma)" meaning he's not really going to Effingham.

Meaning, "how am I going to Effingham, I'm not" restating that he's was kidding about going to Effingham all along.

Too scary, the above and then count55 with a reference to Arlo Guthrie. Well it just so happens Arlo will be playing in Effingham Illinois March the 15th. There is something in the stars I say. :eek:

PaceBalls
11-04-2010, 12:06 PM
It's all so clear now Speed, thanks for the translation. I stand corrected.

Carry on Paul George.

count55
11-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Too scary, the above and then count55 with a reference to Arlo Guthrie. Well it just so happens Arlo will be playing in Effingham Illinois March the 15th. There is something in the stars I say. :eek:

Well that explains that red VW microbus that's been following me around.

Speed
11-04-2010, 12:27 PM

Obviously Paul had planned on attending the show on March 15th, but then realized he's got a game that evening vs the Knicks. This tweet explains his change of plans.

See it's easy to misinterpret these things until you start breaking it down.

CooperManning
11-04-2010, 12:40 PM
A rookie that everyone knew was raw is having a hard time adjusting to an NBA offense.

Call the presses.

He's 20 years old and Roy Hibbert refers to him as his little brother. He'll be alright.

Trophy
11-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I think he was was annoyed with his performance and said that's not who he is or how he plays.

I don't think he has a problem with his minutes.

OakMoses
11-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks.

I love you, too.

If you'd quit showing up Mike Wells, it might not be such a problem.

Seriously, the only thing guys like Wells and Kravitz have over bloggers is access to players, coaches, and practices. The level of insight they offer, however, is well below the level of the better blogs (8p9s definitely included) and even a few of the better posters on this and other message boards.

If professional sports journalism wants to survive, they should stop shoveling crap.

pacer4ever
11-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Now he is gonna play his game not JOB **** i am happy he will drop 20 next game (if JOB doesnt bench him)

odeez
11-04-2010, 01:22 PM
He is just frustrated, we would probably frustrated as well if we were in his position. The problem with Twitter is it's often the first place players go to vent. It is here to stay, but Twitter really should have a "Are you sure you want to post this now?" filter. I am fine with PG being frustrated, he wants to play better, but he has to know how Twitter can only make things worse in cases like this. It's like when you write and emotional e-mail and send it right away, when really you should let it sit and bit re-read later. PG will be fine, life is about making mistakes and learning from them, and hopefully he does from this small mistake IMO.

count55
11-04-2010, 01:27 PM
If you'd quit showing up Mike Wells, it might not be such a problem.

Seriously, the only thing guys like Wells and Kravitz have over bloggers is access to players, coaches, and practices. The level of insight they offer, however, is well below the level of the better blogs (8p9s definitely included) and even a few of the better posters on this and other message boards.

If professional sports journalism wants to survive, they should stop shoveling crap.

Thanks, but I was just joking.

Shade
11-04-2010, 02:08 PM
It took an entire four games for the sky to fall this time. Impressive.

Naptown_Seth
11-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Clearly, he's a *******.

Let's kill him.
Now we need a thread discussing what THIS means.

I think it means Count is sick of drafting players from Fresno St, which is pretty stupid since he knows Bird reads this stuff and will now just draft more guys from there to prove a point.

Count - Do Not Listen-Bird's Decision

Speed
11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
The real question is what does Charlie Villeneuva think about all of this.

Gamble1
11-04-2010, 02:44 PM
THis goes back to what I posted earlier to corobes.

IF the player doesn't think the coach can make him better than what is what is the incentive to listen to the coach or play his system. This is especially true for PG since he will be here longer than JIm.

MagicRat
11-04-2010, 02:46 PM
IF the player doesn't think the coach can make him better than what is what is the incentive to listen to the coach or play his system.

Because Big Roy said to.

Day-V
11-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Because Big Roy said to.

Exactly. If this IS Paul acting up, then Roy needs to take the young rookie aside and let him know what's up. And I think Roy would do that, if he hasn't done so already. If Paul won't listen to JOB (and I'm not saying he isn't) he'll listen to Roy.

Gamble1
11-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Exactly. If this IS Paul acting up, then Roy needs to take the young rookie aside and let him know what's up. And I think Roy would do that, if he hasn't done so already. If Paul won't listen to JOB (and I'm not saying he isn't) he'll listen to Roy.
So since when did Big Roy become the players coach. The guy makes one statement this year and now everyone is going to respect him. I sure hope it works that way but I have my doubts.

Pacers4Life
11-04-2010, 03:07 PM

wow... :duh::duh:

i read it and thats NOT what i take from it at all... god damn its a twitter. He's becoming more comfortable and I think hes aware that we maybe, actually NEED HIM to do well. I hope he mans up a little bit more, he can be so good

Sookie
11-04-2010, 03:33 PM
So since when did Big Roy become the players coach. The guy makes one statement this year and now everyone is going to respect him. I sure hope it works that way but I have my doubts.

I think in Paul's case, Roy took the "big brother" role to him, the second he got here.

Which makes me think that either
A. He's not the type of player that's going to go rogue. He hangs with the "good kids." And he simply means he's going to stop overthinking things.

or

B. He said outloud what the rest of them has been saying behind closed doors. Which means we probably need to take away his twitter toy..:laugh: (or not..because if he keeps relaying what the team is feeling, this could get interesting..)

Day-V
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM

Roy has been the Antonio Davis to Paul's Al Harrington. I think Paul is going to listen to what Roy says.

I know I'd listen to him, anyway.

Hibbert
11-04-2010, 04:24 PM
thats NOT what i take from it at aHe's becoming more comfortable and I think hes aware that we maybe, actually NEED HIM to do well. I hope he mans up a little bit more, he can be so good

That's your take on it? Thanks for giving me your insight Paul George. BTW your signature is cute, has a lot of flair.

Pacergeek
11-04-2010, 04:35 PM
i don't think PG was ripping JOB with his message. What he was implying was that he needs to "man up" and stop playing scared. The NBA is a man's game, and rookies really need to be tough to succeed.

You have to realize that rookies have typically dominated basketball at every single level that they have competed in. Once they get to the pros, they usually get a strong dose of reality that others are just as talented.

cdash
11-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Is this really a big deal?

croz24
11-04-2010, 04:44 PM
all he's doing is trying to instill confidence in himself. can't believe the overreaction.

pacer4ever
11-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Is this really a big deal?

YES IT IS HUGE DEAL BIGGEST NEWS ALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xBulletproof
11-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Wow.

Nobody knows what he means. There's a million directions to take it, and only 1 of them is right. So for Christs sake stop pretending that you do, and in particularly calling him names and throwing a fit like some have.

Seriously, I truly think some of you could wake up in an alternate universe with Brad Pitt's looks and Bill Gates bank account, and instead of going out and enjoying life you'd probably sit around and complain all day. Why? Because you ALWAYS need to find something to cry, ***** or moan about. At least the kid gives a damn. He could just shrug his shoulders. He's upset, and every player on the roster SHOULD be upset after the game they played the other day. I'd rather see him upset than indifferent.

vnzla81
11-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Three pages about a tweet that we don't know what the hell he means? Damn

Speed
11-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Three pages about a tweet that we don't know what the hell he means? Damn

Have you met us?

Haywoode Workman
11-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Wow.

Nobody knows what he means. There's a million directions to take it, and only 1 of them is right. So for Christs sake stop pretending that you do, and in particularly calling him names and throwing a fit like some have.

Seriously, I truly think some of you could wake up in an alternate universe with Brad Pitt's looks and Bill Gates bank account, and instead of going out and enjoying life you'd probably sit around and complain all day. Why? Because you ALWAYS need to find something to cry, ***** or moan about. At least the kid gives a damn. He could just shrug his shoulders. He's upset, and every player on the roster SHOULD be upset after the game they played the other day. I'd rather see him upset than indifferent.

The thing is you're moaning too, just from a different perspective. Anyway...

If anyone else here has played organized sports and is as sore of a loser as I am, I'm sure you've said/done something after a loss that was just as bad if not worse than this.

But nothing changes, you cool off, come back tomorow, and get back to work. No big deal

Eleazar
11-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Wow, seriously people you guys are reading too much into something that limits you to 140 characters (including spaces).

Day-V
11-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Wow, seriously people you guys are reading too much into something that limits you to 140 characters (including spaces).

Thank you for enlightening us with that original statement which hasn't been mentioned numerous times in this thread.

Day-V
11-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I asked Paul what he meant by it, if he was being negative:

King24George

@Davey_INDY no it was positive my man just gonna step up is what I'm implying

Roaming Gnome
11-04-2010, 06:22 PM
:onozomg:
Damn, Even if he meant it in the worst way, which he clearly didn't... Dude is only 20. I HIGHLY doubt anyone is gonna throw a fit about either him being frustrated or trying to build confidence in himself over a social networking site.

Roaming Gnome
11-04-2010, 06:27 PM

Paul George - DNP-CD

Highly unlikely...

BTW, you owe me some pie due to Lance Stephenson being on the roster :lollypop:

Sparhawk
11-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Here's an interpretation for our less social network savvy friends out there.

I think "Too" is misspelled and is actualy "Two". I think "bottled" means beer. I think "unleash" means to relieve yourself or possibly vomit.

So the first sentence loosely translated means that - I know most fans drank two too many beers watching the horrific performance last night and likely have to go to the bathroom afterwards to urinate or maybe vomit.

"Eff it"

"I'm playin how I know"

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3018/3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif&sa=X&ei=ZFDTTLTcF8T68Aac7a26Dg&ved=0CAQQ8wc4PA&usg=AFQjCNHpBeEh0BO8FPtqXNclQwL6n6EDmQ

PacerPenguins
11-04-2010, 08:35 PM
ok i didn't know where to put this but watch this, at a celtics game with his mom and it turns into this......so funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoC4yWWxFGs

bellisimo
11-04-2010, 08:37 PM

sounds like someone is going through a rough patch with his "my player" mode on nba 2k11...

McKeyFan
11-04-2010, 09:06 PM
It's or it is, but not its. If you are going to be the grammar and counting police, make sure to proofread your posts.

discuss.
You missed the joke.

But it wasn't that good anyway.

spazzxb
11-04-2010, 09:25 PM
ok i didn't know where to put this but watch this, at a celtics game with his mom and it turns into this......so funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoC4yWWxFGs
funny, but totally staged

Dr. Awesome
11-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Have you met us?
Second best post ever. Only behind "The Animal Crackers".