PDA

View Full Version : Dear Danny Granger

Jon Theodore
11-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Dear Danny Granger,

You are not a good one on one basketball player. You are an excellent shooter and can play very well within the flow of the offense, you do not have the skills necessary to go one on one against good defenders like Andre Iguodala...it's embarassing. Please play within the flow of the offense and pass the ball if you do not have a good look.

Sincerely,

Your fans

BringJackBack
11-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Once again, we do NOT need a thread for every little thought about a loss.

It's called a post game thread.

pacer4ever
11-03-2010, 07:43 PM
every one has off nights and i agree with jack

pacer4ever
11-03-2010, 07:44 PM
we are shooting like Baron Davis 2nite LOL

Jon Theodore
11-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I will not be surprised to see Philly collapse and us win this game still. This thought is not about a loss at all, it is an observation I have made in general. Tonight it has been a little ridiculous because he has been forcing the issue, but seriously when has Granger ever been a good one on one basketball player. It is obvious to everyone, except for him apparently.

Jon Theodore
11-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Also, Bring jack back...what is your cell phone number? Next time I am thinking about starting a thread I am gonna contact you first for approval.

Mackey_Rose
11-03-2010, 07:49 PM
To borrow someone's (sorry forget who it was) perfect joke.

Even Basketball Fan thinks this is an unnecessary thread.

vnzla81
11-03-2010, 07:51 PM
this thread sucks

pacer4ever
11-03-2010, 07:52 PM
this thread sucks

YESSSSSS IT DOES

IUfan4life
11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
To borrow someone's (sorry forget who it was) perfect joke.

Even Basketball Fan thinks this is an unnecessary thread.

post of the year

BringJackBack
11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Also, Bring jack back...what is your cell phone number? Next time I am thinking about starting a thread I am gonna contact you first for approval.

My cell phone number is 911.

Home phone 444-4444.

Jon Theodore
11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Still waiting for a legitimate rebuttal....apparently I'm the only person who feels Danny Granger in a one on one iso trying to take his man off the dribble is not good basketball.

pacer4ever
11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Still waiting for a legitimate rebuttal....apparently I'm the only person who feels Danny Granger in a one on one iso trying to take his man off the dribble is not good basketball.

GIVE IT UP EVERYONE HAS OFF NIGHTS ASK LEBRON JAMES

Jon Theodore
11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm not talking about a bad game, i'm talking about Danny Grangers tendencies to try to do things he is not capable of doing. Really good basketball players play WITHIN themselves. Some players (Lebron) are much more talented than others. Players who are not quite as talented, have to play within themselves to be effective.

The first three games Danny has been better (in my opinion than he has been in seasons past) about not forcing things. Tonight, he took so many shots that were just plain ridiculous. Trying to go one on one against Iguodala is NEVER going to work for him. That is a legitimate complaint...again I am waiting for a legitimate rebuttal. This thread has nothing to do with an off night.

Trophy
11-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Don't blame Danny. He just had an off night and this was probably one of the reasons we lost by a lot was because our best player only scored 7 points and lacked defensively.

He's a very good all around player. Shooting/scoring, leadership, and is an average defender.

Even if he had his regular kind of game, although the score would've been closer, we still would've lost because no one was playing like they normally do including Roy, Darren, Paul, Tyler, and even Josh who didn't even try and drive towards the basket or try and go in hard for a dunk (Mr. Murphy has returned).

Scot Pollard
11-03-2010, 09:53 PM
i just hope to never see a performance like this from dg33

this was not him at all

hes last player im worried about playing well

Psyren
11-03-2010, 09:58 PM
My lord could this board panic any more?

Stop with the threads about every player that played bad. We'll be fine. It was one game. Danny and Mike were not the only two who played awful.

It's not the end of the world.

Damn. :rolleyes:

imawhat
11-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Seriously, you never know what you're getting out of Danny. It's always one extreme or the other, kind of like good Jamaal or Mel Mel the Abuser.

Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hide. Regular Danny or EAS Danny.

imawhat
11-03-2010, 10:24 PM

I don't see a post game thread.

cdash
11-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I mean, he did play bad, but you have to admit that Iguodala played really good defense on Danny tonight.

righteouscool
11-03-2010, 11:07 PM
I don't think you can blame just Danny. Everyone played like garbage tonight.. it also seemed like the 76ers just couldn't miss.

croz24
11-03-2010, 11:29 PM
he's really not a great one on one basketball player though. one of the best midrange shooters in the league and yet he's always settling for long, contested 3's. then again, it's job's system that practically begs our players to chuck up 3's all night so i can't really blame granger too much.

dgranger17
11-04-2010, 03:36 AM
My cell phone number is 911.

Home phone 444-4444.

I just called both numbers. The 444 number, I got no answer. The 911 number just asked me why I kept saying Larry Bird is Jesus over and over. You're a lying sack of ****. Go to LakersDigest or something *******. I'm tired of your crap.

80-2

McKeyFan
11-04-2010, 07:08 AM

But there is no post game thread.

McKeyFan
11-04-2010, 07:11 AM
I just called both numbers. The 444 number, I got no answer. The 911 number just asked me why I kept saying Larry Bird is Jesus over and over.

80-2:laugh:

McKeyFan
11-04-2010, 07:22 AM
We went on a run in the third, got it to 15.

Then had two more possession where Collison missed a 15 footer, Dunleavy missed a tip in, then Granger missed a 15 footer.

That ended the chance of a turnaround.

It wasn't our night.