PDA

View Full Version : OT: What Pacers fans in Indiana take for granted

MTM
11-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I need to vent. I live in Virginia and have the hardest time getting to watch Pacers games. My options are to get NBA LP at home (which has been forbidden this year by the Mrs. based on time issues) or to catch a game here and there at a local bar. The problem is: NOBODY watches NBA here. This is a huge college football and NFL part of the country, but it's rare to meet anyone who follows NBA - although I found out pacergod2 is nearby and shares my pain.

So I was calling around trying to find out whether a particular establishment carries the NBA league pass. And it's almost universal that NO sports bars around here carry NBA LP. In fact, the woman at an unnamed restaurant (which rhymes with "we-sub-to-you-knee") answered the phone, and when I asked whether they carried NBA LP, asked me if that was some sort of trivia game (and informed me tonight was trivia night). Upon explanation and repeating, she STILL didn't know what I meant - she had no idea what NBA League Pass was and had never gotten the question before. She had to get a manager to explain to her that I was asking about the "Season Pass", at which point I was informed that they only carry NFL and NHL. NHL!!! In the south! Instead of NBA. I was irritated that someone working at a sports bar wouldn't know what NBA League Pass was, and equally irritated about them NOT carrying NBA LP and choosing instead to show HOCKEY! :confused:

Sorry - back to Pacers related discussions. But if you live within viewing distance to watch/listen to/attend a game, don't take it for granted!

ilive4sports
11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
i feel your pain. I live in PA and well, I get 4 games a year with my comcast sports net when they play the Sixers. Although now I get NBATV so I get those games too. Plus I'm a poor college student so no league pass for me.

pacer4ever
11-03-2010, 01:56 PM
my only gripe is LP they blackout pacer games in town so i cant rewatch them

ThA HoyA
11-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I feel your pain I live in Washington state only way through league pass which I do have and then I make an annual trip to Portland to watch them. Which is about 4 hours away! But this year I go really good tickets center court 3 rows up!! But I have to wait til Jan! Haha

Psyren
11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
I can only imagine how frustrating that would be to not be able to watch your favorite team.

I've always felt lucky to live in Indy and be able to get FSI. Heck, I'm disappointed when games aren't on FSI and I can't watch :(

Either way, best of luck to you in your search of NBALP!

MyFavMartin
11-03-2010, 03:26 PM
This is my first year with LP broadband and I love it.

Where are you in VA?

pacergod2
11-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Richmond.

Tear.

MyFavMartin
11-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Richmond.

Tear.

The new rail system down the road will help you get to DC, if you're still in the area in a few years.

I was in Champaign IL, so I can relate to being somewhere where it's all about college sports. I feel for you.

Scot Pollard
11-03-2010, 04:03 PM
i took it for granted in 2008 and im upset that i took part in our lowest attendance

this season although im not a season ticket holder i plan on attending as many games as i can

i hope traffic wont be too long going into indy after work/school because thats what made me not feel up to going and in 2008 i was finishing up high school and i would drive there but my dad didnt want to go see a bad team and sit in traffic so i decided not to go

last year a friend of mine gave me the brandon rush christmas ticket package and i went to all of those games and they were decent center court balcony level and additionally i got a signed rush photo that i have framed in my room

Dr. Goldfoot
11-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Many bars don't go out of their way to show Pacer games here in Indianapolis, really.

Scot Pollard
11-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Many bars don't go out of their way to show Pacer games here in Indianapolis, really.

yeah and that makes me upset when i go out to eat at bars and what not

i think a successful year and a round in the playoffs will get more people interested

i think people are started to be interested again

the problem is that the damn colts take over the whole city and people forget we're the original indianapolis team

rock747
11-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I live in northern INDIANA and i struggle to find a way to watch the games!!

jhondog28
11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
This place looks promising

http://www.tmillerssportsbar.com/

tfarks
11-03-2010, 04:29 PM

That's because northern Indiana = south Chicago. I lived there for 4 years.

asmithxc
11-03-2010, 04:33 PM

Yep. In South Bend I don't get FSI, but Pacers games are blacked out on NBA League Pass. I have no way to watch the games.

rock747
11-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Yep. In South Bend I don't get FSI, but Pacers games are blacked out on NBA League Pass. I have no way to watch the games.

I am in the same boat! I have league pass broadband, so i get every team EXCEPT the Pacers.

Trophy
11-03-2010, 04:36 PM
I would like to be a STH, but I don't live in Indy and it kills me to see open seats and to see great ticket offers because I want to be there.

I do have LP and I do get FSI with the sports package.

At least once a season, I try and make my way up to Indiana for a few games.

Scot Pollard
11-03-2010, 04:52 PM

my cousin lives in south bend and he said he doesnt get pacer games and is bummed about it and lives to far to go to a lot of games

what county is south bend in?

Eleazar
11-03-2010, 05:05 PM

Try living in Indianapolis and not even being able to watch any games because your stupid college didn't get FSN with their cable package, among many other channels that come in more normal basic cable/satellite packages yet we get ESPN Classic on two channels, every shopping network channel, NASA (I thought you could only get that in Florida), and a bunch of other channels that are going for other demographics.

Reggie4Three
11-03-2010, 05:41 PM

You guys can head over to Mishawaka and watch it on League Pass at my place! Didn't know there were other Pacer fans in the area.

Reggie4Three
11-03-2010, 05:41 PM
my cousin lives in south bend and he said he doesnt get pacer games and is bummed about it and lives to far to go to a lot of games

what county is south bend in?

St. Joseph county

IndyMac
11-03-2010, 05:57 PM
So the Pacers are blacked out on league pass in South Bend but not in Mishawaka? That is crazy, who makes these decisions?

asmithxc
11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
You guys can head over to Mishawaka and watch it on League Pass at my place! Didn't know there were other Pacer fans in the area.

That is tempting! haha

No idea why they are blacked out on League Pass here but not in Mishawaka. I have only tried League Pass Broadband (I am in my second year of a three year grad school program), but both last year and this year Pacers games have been blacked out.

It is frustrating. I might try to get slingbox- my parents get FSI.

Reggie4Three
11-03-2010, 06:30 PM
So the Pacers are blacked out on league pass in South Bend but not in Mishawaka? That is crazy, who makes these decisions?

I've had league pass through DirecTV for 10 years in Mishawaka and never had a problem with them being blacked out.