PDA

View Full Version : Chris Broussard on Roy Hibbert

pacers74
11-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Chris broussard just reported on espn first take that Roy hibbert is his surprise player so far in the NBA. :dance::dance::dance::dance::buddies::buddies:

k_lewis93
11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Hibbert no doubt is playing like a beast so far. He keeps this up we will no doubt be in the playoffs.

pacers74
11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
They said they were going to say who they thought was there surprise player, and I thought I hope they say Roy. But, I thought there is no way. They don't ever talk about the Pacers.

k_lewis93
11-03-2010, 10:47 AM
I believe this is the year we start to make a name for ourselves again. I strongly believe we will make it to the playoffs and be a surprise team in the playoffs and not go out quietly. No doubt Hibbert deserves the honor.

TinManJoshua
11-03-2010, 10:48 AM
They said they were going to say who they thought was there surprise player, and I thought I hope they say Roy. But, I thought there is no way. They don't ever talk about the Pacers.

That's exactly what I said!

When he was asked the question, I was like, "please say Roy." I didn't even believe I heard it at first.

pacergod2
11-03-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't like what Chris Broussard ever says. He rides the ESPN hype machine train. He doesn't talk about real basketball. No X's or O's. Just, all of the prima donna, speculative, drama-filled BS. There is no substance to Broussard. He probably just looked at the box scores and didn't care to watch the games before making his statements.

pacers74
11-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't like what Chris Broussard ever says. He rides the ESPN hype machine train. He doesn't talk about real basketball. No X's or O's. Just, all of the prima donna, speculative, drama-filled BS. There is no substance to Broussard. He probably just looked at the box scores and didn't care to watch the games before making his statements.

It still looks good for the Pacers and Roy.

pacer4ever
11-03-2010, 12:10 PM

he is mostly just a trade FA insider he isnt an X's and O's guy that would be more like Tim Legelers job.

pacergod2
11-03-2010, 12:18 PM
he is mostly just a trade FA insider he isnt an X's and O's guy that would be more like Tim Legelers job.

Even worse then, because I don't want off-court drama in my basketball analysis. Especially since Chris Broussard has never once quoted the CBA correctly. He always is spouting half-truths about what can and can't actually happen according the the CBA. He just doesn't get it. Sure he can buddy up with Lebron's posse to get some inside info, but I could care less about that type of information I guess.

pacer4ever
11-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Even worse then, because I don't want off-court drama in my basketball analysis. Especially since Chris Broussard has never once quoted the CBA correctly. He always is spouting half-truths about what can and can't actually happen according the the CBA. He just doesn't get it. Sure he can buddy up with Lebron's posse to get some inside info, but I could care less about that type of information I guess.

ya i have never liked him. I dont like almost any "NBA insider" Legs is alright but even he is annoying from time to time.

indianapolismarkus
11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Chris Broussard may be supprised about Roy Hibbert but we are not. We could see this coming. Roy should be in the running for most improved.

Area 55 where Roy gives us many reasons to sip "Pacer Kool-Aid". Go Pacers!

pacer4ever
11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Chris Broussard may be supprised about Roy Hibbert but we are not. We could see this coming. Roy should be in the running for most improved.

haha lol

Kegboy
11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Okay, that's nice. :shrug:

I know Pacer fans have reasons to feel insecure after the last few years, but if we start a thread every time somebody says something nice about us it's gonna be a long year.

thefeistyone
11-03-2010, 12:54 PM

I know Pacer fans have reasons to feel insecure after the last few years, but if we start a thread every time somebody says something nice about us it's gonna be a long year.

Very true, I think these threads may die down as the season goes on. Right now I along with most pacers fans are grasping at anything we can call positive. It's been a long few years for us. So if someone on ESPN gives one of our players some props for having a good 3 games, let us enjoy it a little bit. :dance:

TinManJoshua
11-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Very true, I think these threads may die down as the season goes on. Right now I along with most pacers fans are grasping at anything we can call positive. It's been a long few years for us. So if someone on ESPN gives one of our players some props for having a good 3 games, let us enjoy it a little bit. :dance:

Exactly.

We don't get talked about much outside the Indiana market anymore. Only in either a negative or somewhat demeaning light. The only time I hear about the Pacers is either through here(which is why I joined) or if I hear from the National networks. Which means I get all my Pacers' news from here. Not often do those networks discuss the Pacers. So it's nice to see one of ours getting credit for something from one of these Yo-yos.

Isaac
11-03-2010, 02:44 PM

No kidding! Some overreaction in this thread, seems some people jumped up off their couch at the mention of Hibbert by an ESPN hack.

Area 55
11-03-2010, 03:14 PM
It's just nice to hear the national media saying something positive about the pacers. It feels good.

bambam
11-03-2010, 03:58 PM
ya i have never liked him. I dont like almost any "NBA insider" Legs is alright but even he is annoying from time to time.

I always liked liked david aldrige...most his stuff came true.

owl
11-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Here is to long years. It has been awhile. :-)

MagicRat
11-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Big Roy is on JMV's show right now. Catch the podcast later on www.1070thefan.com

BringJackBack
11-03-2010, 04:16 PM
It is simply amazing how much things have turned around since the last game of the 09-10 season. I would have never guessed that we would be winning and being recognized in April-July. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here a bit but:

My least favorite player of all time- Troy Murphy- has since been traded for my favorite rookie point guard, Darren Collison

We drafted two of my favorite players, Paul George and Lance Stephenson, and I especially am in love with Paul's potential.

Danny is no longer a chucker with no sympathy for other teammates doing good. Ever since Team USA, he's been a leader playing defense and taking high percentage shots.

Tyler Hansbrough is healthy and Josh McRoberts is finally getting playing time

Roy Hibbert has become arguably our best player. Again, arguably.

I was not in any way, shape, or form a sunshiner until the Darren Collison trade. Since then I have hoped that Larry would be kept around and that we wouldn't waste money on crappy free agents.

MyFavMartin
11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Hibbert no doubt is playing like a beast so far.

Some might say "hippo".

FEED THE HIPPO!

odeez
11-03-2010, 05:51 PM
BIG UPS to BIG ROY 55!!! Love the way he's playing, and it's nice to get some love from ESPN. Let's keep it going!

Kemo
11-03-2010, 06:17 PM

haha FOREAL! ...

SPEAKING OF ............

I have a great idea for AREA 55 ..

We need Bender to make a fat head of this ...
and photoshop the Pacer's logo on the pitcher part ... he is holding ..

Like this ..

http://www.pacersdigest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=376&d=1288823095

graphic-er
11-03-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm attributing tonight loss to the newly formed "Broussard Curse"