PDA

View Full Version : Villanueva calls out KG

Hibbert
11-03-2010, 10:07 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Charlie Villanueva and Kevin Garnett both received technical fouls Tuesday night and after the game Villanueva vented on his Twitter about his displeasure with Garnett.

Villanueva tweeted: "KG called me a cancer patient, I'm pissed because, u know how many people died from cancer, and he's tossing it like it's a joke ... I wouldn't even trip about that, but a cancer patient, I know way 2 many people who passed away from it, and I have a special place 4 those."

Before the game against Boston on Tuesday Villanueva tweeted: "KG talks a lot of crap, he's prob never been in a fight, I would love to get in a ring with him, I will expose him."

Not sure if these are Villanueva's tweets or if someone hacked into his account, but if they are from him, he should just let his game do the talking instead of getting into a war of words with Garnett.

I always thought of KG as a punk trash talker but this is lower than low. My father passed away from cancer so I take offense to this as well, it's not funny. Villanueva has alopecia universalis, a variation of alopecia areata, an autoimmune skin disease. This results in hair loss on the scalp and/or elsewhere on the body, but the disease is not otherwise life-threatening or harmful. Villanueva is a spokesman for the NAAF (National Alopecia Areata Foundation), and received the February 2006 Community Assist Award from the NBA for his work with the organization. I agree with Charlie, KG has probably never been in a fight, I would love to see him get his @$$ kicked.

spreedom
11-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Wait... Kevin Garnett shows no guts and no class?

http://www.oldnewspublishing.com/samp2.jpg

ballism
11-03-2010, 10:33 AM
/shrug
it's done to win a game, not for press. Talk back.

Hibbert
11-03-2010, 11:02 AM
/shrug
it's done to win a game, not for press. Talk back.

Done to win a game? They were playing the Pistons whom they beat 109-86. KG wasn't yapping to win the game, he is a low dirty piece. Talk back? What is KG gonna do when he says something like that to the wrong person? Someone is gonna lay him out. I hope he says something like that when Boston plays the Lakers. Matt Barnes lost his mother to cancer and Derek Fisher's and Ron Artest's daughters both had cancer, not to mention Phil Jackson's bout with bladder cancer. You seem ok with KG's comments, trash talking is one thing but here he crossed the line.

ballism
11-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I simply dont care what he said. Im sure he didnt think of someone's brother or kid at that point. Tbh, i dont want to know what ppl say in the heat of the game. Im sure there's worse things being said. But they arent said in some sit-down interview. They are said to throw ppl off balance. Which he did. Charlie running to seek support of fans is quite funny though.
As for fans, ppl shouldn't take offense so lightly. He isnt trying to offend cancer patients, he's trying to offend Villaneuva. If u run around getting offended by things that arent meant for you, you are going to have a tough life.

IUfan4life
11-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Yea, KG is a scumbag and most of us know it. I used to really like him when I was younger and didn't really understand basketball. Ever since he was traded to Boston it became glaringly clear how dirty he is

Hibbert
11-03-2010, 11:32 AM
No i just have a heart.

grace
11-03-2010, 11:35 AM
There are things you don't joke about. Like when Kenyon Martin made fun of Alonzo Mourning when was playing with kidney disease. Personally I think someone needs to b!tch slap KG.

Hibbert
11-03-2010, 11:39 AM
How do you think this kid feels about his "hero" now? What about the kid's mother? http://www.happynews.com/news/3152010/teen-meets-boston-celtics-kevin-garnett.htm
Some role model.

Indra
11-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Kevin Garnett is a classless punk who plays dirty? News at 11!

Sookie
11-03-2010, 12:08 PM
To make fun of someone's auto-immune disease by calling them a "cancer-patient" I think goes beyond trash talking and into..disgusting.

I've heard he's a terrible teammate too.

Doddage
11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
KG doesn't even have to be in the game to talk ****:

http://www.pickinsplinters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/garnett-gordon.jpg

nerveghost
11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Can't remember the exact details but when the Pacers were playing Boston a few years back, an assistant coach was with some of the rookies (Hibbert's class maybe?) and caught KG coming out of the locker room after shootaround. The assistant asked if KG would come talk to their rookies for a minute. KG's response: "F*** your rookies."

Peck
11-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Big tough guy now that he is older and there are very few players who have the mental toughness to stand up to him.

However there is video out there (WTTV 4 to be exact) of a very young Keving Garnett telling everyone in the free world "you don't mess with big Dale".

Sookie
11-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Can't remember the exact details but when the Pacers were playing Boston a few years back, an assistant coach was with some of the rookies (Hibbert's class maybe?) and caught KG coming out of the locker room after shootaround. The assistant asked if KG would come talk to their rookies for a minute. KG's response: "F*** your rookies."

That was Hans and Price. I think I remember AJ being shocked but thinking it was funny...I don't think Hans thought it was as funny. :laugh: .

avoidingtheclowns
11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't think Hans thought it was as funny.

When asked for a reaction, Hans was quoted as saying "Wow."

Dr. Awesome
11-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I think Hansbrough will eventually really get under KG's skin. I can't wait.

Dr. Awesome
11-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Also - I hope that for 48 minutes of the Celtics/Pacers games I hear Area 55 absolutely destroy KG.

Mr_Smith
11-03-2010, 12:56 PM
KG is "hard" now since he's been with Boston and soft as hell in Minnesota....ask Anthony Peeler.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HtmGB3FgB1c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HtmGB3FgB1c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pacergeek
11-03-2010, 01:00 PM
so who win in a fight between KG and CV? I think I would put my money on KG. I think the UFC should make this fight happen.

Dr. Awesome
11-03-2010, 01:03 PM
so who win in a fight between KG and CV? I think I would put my money on KG. I think the UFC should make this fight happen.

KG would as much as I hate to admit it. I don't think he'd stand a chance against Hansbrough though. You don't mess with people who have that extremely intense side.

SMosley21
11-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Garnett only does this kind of stuff to players that he knows he can intimidate. He's a piece of garbage as a human being and it has been pretty widely known since he was younger. I remember reading about how he used to treat delivery people like crap whenever you would have food delivered to his house.

SMosley21
11-03-2010, 01:10 PM
What has Kevin Garnett ever done to make anyone think he can actually back up his tough guy image? The only times he's ever been confronted, he's gone completely quiet and walked away.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FASClJTnJ4I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FASClJTnJ4I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kaufman
11-03-2010, 01:15 PM
As a cancer physician who deals with cancer daily, I find this deplorable. I wish we could lock the thread its so disgusting.

SMosley21
11-03-2010, 01:17 PM
As a cancer physician who deals with cancer daily, I find this deplorable. I wish we could lock the thread its so disgusting.

As someone who lost their Father to cancer on December 19th, 2007, I feel the same. I would feel the same, even if that weren't the case though.

Hibbert
11-03-2010, 01:25 PM
As someone who lost their Father to cancer on December 19th, 2007, I feel the same. I would feel the same, even if that weren't the case though.

We hve something in common, 4 days apart. My father passed on December 15th, 2007 from cancer.

Since86
11-03-2010, 01:34 PM
It would be cool to have a pink out night at Conseco when Boston comes in to town. I know it's the color of breat cancer, but it is something that would be easily identified.

Trophy
11-03-2010, 02:11 PM
I have a feeling this thread might close, but KG is just flat out disgusting for saying that and needs to think before he opens his mouth. That's always been an issue of his.

Slick Pinkham
11-03-2010, 03:14 PM
I don't think that this thread should close, because it reminds us what a lowlife scum KG is.

BPump33
11-03-2010, 03:21 PM
It would be cool to have a pink out night at Conseco when Boston comes in to town. I know it's the color of breat cancer, but it is something that would be easily identified.

I think that is an absolutely fantastic idea. I wonder if "RobfromPacers" could do anything to promote that.

SMosley21
11-03-2010, 03:47 PM
We hve something in common, 4 days apart. My father passed on December 15th, 2007 from cancer.

Sorry to hear that man.

rock747
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM
here is KG's response:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/25645901

. "My comment to Charlie Villanueva was in fact, ‘You are cancerous to your team and our league.’

Almost humorous in how ridiculous it is.

Scot Pollard
11-03-2010, 05:11 PM
**** you kevin garnett **** you

hes not that bright

i feel so sorry for villanueva

i hope kevin garnett gets beat up and fined by the league

kevin garnett is bald too so he should shut up and look in the mirror

Hibbert
11-03-2010, 05:15 PM
"you are cancerous to your team and the league" yeah that's some major trash talking Kevin, I can see you really saying that. That is the weakest denial ever given by anyone. He keeps making himself look worse. Oh well.

IUfan4life
11-03-2010, 05:15 PM
**** you kevin garnett **** you

hes not that bright

i feel so sorry for villanueva

i hope kevin garnett gets beat up and fined by the league

kevin garnett is bald too so he should shut up and look in the mirror

this post is ridiculous. You come off looking as bad as KG

Scot Pollard
11-03-2010, 05:18 PM
this post is ridiculous. You come off looking as bad as KG

no im just making fun of KG not trying to be ridiculous

all im saying is just be nice to people or else they can around and make fun of you

this was not necessary

Stryder
11-03-2010, 07:38 PM
It is distasteful. It is wrong. But so is 99.9% of all trashtalk.

shags
11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
For me, KG's comments the day afterward just made things worse. People make mistakes, say things in the heat of the moment that they don't mean. If he had realized that and apologized the next day, then, for me anyway, it's over.

The sad thing for me is that I've seen with my own eyes Charlie V. talking to kids before a game who suffer from the same disease he does. There were about 6 or 7 kids with their parents, including young girls, who surely face more ridicule than guys do. I thought it was really cool that he'd do that an hour before game time.

So for KG to say that, well, that crosses the line. For him to try to justify it makes it worse.

And also, for anyone who's saying Charlie V. should have settled it on the court or after the game (and I don't think anyone here has said that), you can't do that anymore. You don't have to get ejected, suspended, or pay a potential 6 figure fine.

pacer4ever
11-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Rivers: What KG Released Is What He Said To Villanueva

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nov 03, 2010 8:48 PM EST
Celtics coach Doc Rivers corroborated with what forward Kevin Garnett released in a statement on Wednesday regarding an exchange with Detroit's Charlie Villanueva on Tuesday night.

"I'm not going to go off on a tangent about this whole thing," Rivers said before Wednesday's game against Milwaukee.

"I actually heard what Kevin said, I was sitting right there. What he released is what he said and I'm going to leave it at that."

Villanueva wrote on his Twitter page that Garnett referred to him as "a cancer patient" during Boston's victory over Detroit.

Garnett released a statement saying that he was calling Villanueva "cancerous to your team and our league."

Rivers wouldn't discuss the exchange further, but he did offer his opinion on Twitter in general.

"I don't like the whole Tweeting thing," he continued. "I'll state that as well. Guys talk on the court, whether they should or shouldn't, but the fact that we're talking about this is just silly."

Rivers then joked that he would Tweet every bad question asked by reporters.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz14JoApEnC

Slick Pinkham
11-04-2010, 09:53 AM
transcript:

KG: Pardon me, kind sir, but do you have any Grey Poupon?

CV: No, my good man, I'm afraid that I do not fancy that condiment.

KG: My word! Such an uncouth sentiment makes you cancerous to your team and our league!

Sookie
11-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Doc sides with KG. Shocking.

vapacersfan
11-04-2010, 05:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5765301

Boston Celtics (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=bos) director of basketball operations Danny Ainge spoke out on Thursday afternoon in defense of Celtics forward Kevin Garnett (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=261), who was accused by Detroit Pistons (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=det)' Charlie Villanueva (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2792) of calling him a "cancer patient" during a game Tuesday.

During his weekly call-in to Boston sports radio station WEEI, Ainge called Villanueva a self-promoter and said his accusations were "ludicrous."

There's one thing that I know for sure, and it's that KG would not offend cancer patients," Ainge said. "That makes no sense. It makes no sense on a lot of fronts. Not only is he experiencing it in his own family, but that's just not something I've ever heard -- in 30 years -- ever say, in trash talking. What is logical in a trash talking situation for a player to say to another player, 'You have cancer' or 'You are cancer'?"

Villanueva made the situation public when he posted messages on his Twitter account.

One of the tweets says: "KG called me a cancer patient, I'm pissed because, u know how many people died from cancer, and he's tossing it like it's a joke."

Garnett called the incident "a major miscommunication."

Before the Celtics' win over the Bucks on Wednesday he released a statement.

"My comment to Charlie Villanueva was in fact 'You are cancerous to your team and our league,'" Garnett said. "I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that cancer patients endure. I have lost loved ones to this deadly disease and have a family member currently undergoing treatment. I would never say anything that distasteful. The game of life is far bigger than the game of basketball."

Ainge took issue with the way Villanueva handled the incident.

"...Tweeting is about self-promotion in most cases," he said. "He's [Villanueva] not trying to be a public servant by telling everybody. As a matter of fact he's the one who brings light to this attention ... There's self-promotion in tweeting -- all the time. You are talking about a guy who tweets in the middle of a game. Talk about self-promotion.

"It's too easy to just sit there on your phone and not stand in front of a TV camera and fess up to some of these things. It's much easier to just put it out there and people are going to believe it. ... I think that Charlie was wrong -- and there's no ifs, ands or buts about it -- by doing this."
Celtics coach Doc Rivers made some similarly critical comments earlier Thursday morning on WEEI.

"I can't go in and say 'Hey guys let's make a rule that there's no tweeting.' That's nothing I'm going to do," said Rivers. "The tweeting thing doesn't bother me, it's what we're tweeting about and when. I couldn't imagine someone going to the press after a game because someone said something to you on the floor. That's an unwritten rule I thought we didn't cross and we did that the other night."

Based on the differing accounts, Ainge stands by his organization, choosing to believe Garnett's side of the story.

"First of all, both players have completely different stories," he said. "One guy has a Twitter account where he blurts things out, that's the first thing. Doc said he heard what KG said and I believe Doc. ... I believe Doc and I believe KG."

Ainge has yet to hear from the league but he doesn't expect the NBA to get involved.

<!-- end story body --><!-- begin sponsored links -->

Basketball Fan
11-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Well KG has always been an a-hole why this is news is beyond me that being said I have no issue with trash talk in general but making a reference to cancer at the very least is in bad taste.

Ryan
11-04-2010, 11:36 PM
LOL @ the people in this thread.

McKeyFan
11-05-2010, 08:02 AM

You guys call for closing threads too much. You don't do that just because there is content you don't like.

bellisimo
11-05-2010, 10:03 AM
is it just me or has the world gotten a bit too emo the past couple of years? everything is overblown and overanalyzed to the point that everyone is looking for something small to cry about and rally people and create some sort of a villian...

how about we restore the sanity a bit? alright now I start to sound like Jon Stewart...

Shade
11-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Villanueva probably misheard KG.

Doesn't make Garnett any less of a
putz, though.

Since86
11-05-2010, 01:29 PM

putz, though.

Really? Look at the behavior in the past of KG, how he gets in peoples faces and stares them down, etc. I'm fine with all that, I love to talk when I play. I usually create the situations, because that's what gets me going, so I'm probably on the far end of the spectrum in favor of talking **** during play.

But really? You really think he misheard him? Knowing everything we know about KG, and all the other rumors that has been told, you really think KG's style of talking trash is "Your a cancer to your team and to this league? " KG wouldn't have the reputation he has, if that's the kind of crap he said. He would have gotten laughed at.

Doc and Ainge coming out and helping KG peddle this crap is the worst part about it. Be a man, and own it. You said, take responsibility for it, apologize, and move on.

Just another example of how false tough KG really is.

spreedom
11-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Even IF you are being naive and believing Garnett's side of the story... in what way exactly would Charlie Villanueva be such a heinous offender that anyone could call him a "cancer to your team and this league"? I mean, what has he ever done to deserve a comment like that? Is it because Dumars was a fool and severely overpaid him even after he had a bad season? C'mon now...

Sookie
11-05-2010, 02:07 PM

putz, though.

You really think Garnett said "Your cancerous to your team"
Really? Because that's just pathetic trash talking.

SMosley21
11-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Just like some of us have pointed out, "KG is a chihuahua".

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/886203--feschuk-trash-talk-a-fact-of-life-in-nba

"Asked a question about the limits of NBA trash talk, it wasn’t long before Reggie Evans was engaging in some.

“I’d love to see Charlie and KG in the ring. I’d pick Charlie,” Evans, the Raptors forward, was saying on Thursday, after a noon-hour practice on the campus of UCLA. “I’ve seen KG get his *** whupped. ... He’s always barking, and when it’s time to get physical, he’s always been a little chihuahua.”

I'd love to see Garnett go at a guy like Reggie Evans. Reggie would clean his damn clock

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1003/dirtiest.nba.players/images/reggie-evans.jpg

spreedom
11-05-2010, 02:12 PM
I don't care how many testicles he crushes with his bare hands... I love Reggie Evans.

IndyPacer
11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
You really think Garnett said "Your cancerous to your team"
Really? Because that's just pathetic trash talking.

I don't buy it, either. I could definitely see Garnett making that type of remark and backing down and trying to spin it after getting caught.

Los Angeles
11-05-2010, 03:10 PM
I thought Garnett was just making fun of CV's lack of hair.

Pacemaker
11-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I thought Garnett was just making fun of CV's lack of hair.

Not funny.