PDA

View Full Version : New on the scene

BrightFuture55
11-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Hello guys! Im new here but I love the Pacers and would love to discuss the various topics you guys cover on here.. Im Indiana born and raised so I personally love all things involving Indiana sports.

owl
11-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Welcome

Psyren
11-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the board!!! :dance:

beast23
11-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Welcome.

If you really want to jump into the deep end of the pool, start by reading the "I still want Mike Dunleavy to start once Rush returns" thread.

Of course, you may choose not to jump into the deep end of the pool, but instead merely beat your head against the wall as you read the thread.

A fillabuster in the Senate is nothing compared to the gridlocked debates we have here on the forum.

spazzxb
11-03-2010, 12:02 AM
The nickname thread seems amazingly friendly at the moment, but avoid the Tyler vs josh debate. Welcome to the board

BrightFuture55
11-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Haha thanks guys. Im ready to discuss some Pacer basketball! I cant wait for tomorrow night. Lets get Philly again!!

IUfan4life
11-03-2010, 01:03 AM
welcome, you go ISU.

Kemo
11-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Welcome to the insane asylum BF55 , better known as Pacer's Digest ..

For the die-hard Pacers fan .. there is NOWHERE on the world-wide-web like it ..

Although there are some heated discussions and differing opinions here , we are a pretty close knit community of fans IMO..
Although I haven't ever met IRL anyone from the forum yet , I consider pretty much everyone to be in my dysfunctional PD family of Pacers discussion buddies .... (..if that makes sense..lol)

We are the best group of fans one could ask for ... but at the same time , alot of us are way too fickle and jump the gun from one emotional extreme to another by something as simple as the changing direction of the wind.. lol

Some of us need to work on that one..

Anyhow .. hope to see you contribute to some topics of discussion ..

Peace....
..... Kemo

Diamond Dave
11-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Welcome.

If you really want to jump into the deep end of the pool, start by reading the "I still want Mike Dunleavy to start once Rush returns" thread.

Of course, you may choose not to jump into the deep end of the pool, but instead merely beat your head against the wall as you read the thread.

A fillabuster in the Senate is nothing compared to the gridlocked debates we have here on the forum.

:laugh: Its very true. Anytime now someone will take the floor and just begin reciting War and Peace until the opposing side surrenders.

Day-V
11-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Although there are some heated discussions and differing opinions here , we are a pretty close knit community of fans IMO..

Kinda like the Jersey Shore......

BrightFuture55
11-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Yes, im a sophmore studying sports management.

pizza guy
11-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Welcome aboard! Keep all arms and legs inside the ride at all times, and beware of flying objects.

It's nice to see that there are more people joining the board that are around 20 like me. I had begun to think there were no other people my age who were still Pacers fans. Everyone jumped bandwagons to the Lakers and Heat...

PD is the best forum on the internet, sports related or not. The knowledge and wit here is amazing, and the trolling is basically nonexistent, and we're usually pretty easy to get along with. Enjoy!

--pizza

MTM
11-03-2010, 11:54 AM
My piece of advice - I wrote heavily on Pacers boards in the mid-90s while I was in college, and this was back on the Indystar forums. I was new to online anonymous tirades and took it personally that I was called various names for suggesting the Pacers trade up to draft a guy named McGrady instead of sitting at pick # 13 and taking Croshere.

Looking back, the advice I would give myself now is to have thick skin, particularly when you have an opinion. And realize that even the loudest posters on here sometimes are clueless.

judicata
11-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Looking back, the advice I would give myself now is to have thick skin, particularly when you have an opinion. And realize that even the loudest posters on here sometimes are clueless.

If somebody can't get along here, they really ought to stay away from the rest of the damn internet. This place is singularly awesome compared to the rest of the wasteland.

pacer4ever
11-03-2010, 06:46 PM
If somebody can't get along here, they really ought to stay away from the rest of the damn internet. This place is singularly awesome compared to the rest of the wasteland.

not really i mean i like this board a lot. But i have other boards that are more chilled out some times people take stuff to serious