PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Indiana/Minnesota

Young
08-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Indiana Gets:
- Michael Oldowakandi

Minnesota Gets:
- Scot Pollard

Scot Pollard has done nothing for us and both of thse players contracts are basicly the same. Kandi has health problems but maybe in Indiana he will be better. When healthy he can produce 8 and 8 for us. Basicly a little more than what Foster does starting but the diffrence is Kandi is a legit 7 footer giving JO the defenseive pressence he so despreatley desiers.

For Minnesota rumors are they want to get rid of him. He didn't do much for them last season so why not give Pollard a go?

SoupIsGood
08-21-2004, 11:05 PM
We got our own Kandi man in Harrison.

Young
08-21-2004, 11:09 PM
We got our own Kandi man in Harrison.

And can Harrison play yet?

SoupIsGood
08-21-2004, 11:13 PM
I don't know, is he still hurt?

canyoufeelit
08-21-2004, 11:26 PM
The Kandi man is worse than Pollard. Pollard may do nothing on the bench, but Kandi's missed jumphooks, bungled layups, traveling violations, and offensive fouls come at the worst times for the T-Wolves and really take away from the team. Nothing is better than garbage.

Joel
08-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Worst #1 ever?

SoupIsGood
08-21-2004, 11:52 PM
I'm so jealous of Kings fans having Kevin Martin. I was hoping we would land him months before the draft. Kid's going to be player.

Sorry, that was a bit OT. Yeah, that Kandi-man is terrible, I'd much rather play harrison or pollard than him.

Ultimate Frisbee
08-21-2004, 11:59 PM
Worst #1 ever?

from the past 15 years, Kwame Brown and Joe Smith, aren't really great choices either...

I don't know enough past that to evaluate draft picks...

Joel
08-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Kev lit up the summer league offensively and has the making to be a solid defensive player. He reminds me of a young Rip Hamilton. Definitely a late first round steal.

Joel
08-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Kwame and Smith are miles ahead of Kandi. Kandi went to the same college I did (UOP).. even back then he would talk about how the game comes easy for him, he doesn't have to work at it, and he doesn't love the game, but he loves the perks.

Young
08-22-2004, 12:13 AM
I don't know, is he still hurt?

No I meant mentaly.

He didn't do to hot in summer league play but of course thats diffrent than real NBA play. In the real NBA he will actually have a specific role to fill.

I just don't think this is a move we would be risking something. Kandi is very capable of producing and if he does great and if he doesn't so what? Neither does Pollard.

Who else is there? I think it's clear JO wants to play alongside a big body and there are few of those around. Joel Pryzbila?:laugh: God I hope not. But Dampier no longer seems avaliable, Mark Blount isn't, Theo isn't, and so on.

Eindar
08-23-2004, 03:53 PM
If we're going to play a crappy, giant backup center so JO can guard Power Forwards, just play Harrison. At least he has the potential to get better. None of these other scrubs are better than Harrison, and they've also had plenty of time to prove that they suck. At least with Harrison, we don't know he sucks yet :)

Hicks
08-23-2004, 04:15 PM
If Minny would do it, I would. You can't go worse than not playing your backup center already.

SkipperZ
08-23-2004, 04:39 PM
yea i actually think more people would rather have kandi than pollard

SoupIsGood
08-23-2004, 05:32 PM
If we're going to play a crappy, giant backup center so JO can guard Power Forwards, just play Harrison. At least he has the potential to get better. None of these other scrubs are better than Harrison, and they've also had plenty of time to prove that they suck. At least with Harrison, we don't know he sucks yet :)

What he said.