PDA

View Full Version : Attitude means a lot, even in basketball

Shade
08-21-2004, 07:34 PM
They ARE getting better and they SHOULD have won. I'm sure they gave Lithuania props somewhere in the postgame.

Lord Helmet
08-21-2004, 07:54 PM
They should have won this game and those refs disgust me.:mad:NBA refs are so much better but we most of the time take them for granted.So what is Team U.S.A.'s record now?2-2?If they would have won today didn't they automaticly go into the semis?Well I still think we will get at least a Bronze medal.

PacerStud
08-21-2004, 08:15 PM
Man, all of you apologists seem to be bitter.

This is a bunch of kids that expected to show up and go home with the gold. Watch the games and then tell me who deserves to win.

Screw this "we're better" stuff. NO THEY'RE NOT. Why does everyone assume that they're better ?? Because they play in the NBA and make millions ?? Then why can't any of them do one of the Naismith basics and shoot the ball ?? Fact is, the NBA doesn't have ALL the best players anymore. I'd take a few guys from each team I've seen us play and give every NBA team a game. Heart and desire - I'll take it over talent anytime.

efx
08-21-2004, 09:19 PM
If you step back and consider how nba-players are revered in this country it will come as no suprise to see them think that this should all be automatic for them.

The pedestal that we put athletes on and the constant hyping of them will and have inflated their egos sky high.