PDA

View Full Version : Inside info...take it for what you will....

diego
08-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Ok. I have recently come to find out that i know someone who is VERY close with Pollard. Lets just leave it at that.

Anyways, without doing any digging and asking too many questions, here is some interesting tidbits i was told...again take it for what you want....

First of all Pollard says that Carlisle hates him and that Foster is a goldenboy in Carlisles eyes...really nothing we didnt already know.

He also said that Bender BY FAR is the most talented player but he is a big puss and would get hurt walking through a doorway. But in practices last year said the second unit of him, Al, Bender, Jones, and Cro dominated the first team. Of course its practice and im sure the first unit didnt take it too seriously.

Also said he talked with Peja, and said Peja would love to play here, but the Maloofs are being complete jerks about it. Basically they agreed to trade Peja here if we gave up JO and Artest and bender for Peja and Webber...of course asking for that knowing we wouldnt do it. As of now Peja is extremely pissed off and is being treated like crap, but the Maloofs would much rather rid themselves of Webber, but we all knwo that aint gonna happen.

Pollard said there has been a standstill while everyone was waiting to see about Damp, and said he is fully aware of trade ideas with Cleveland and Atlanta, and said if he went to Atlanta he would be very pissed.

Ultimately not a lot here that we couldnt reasonably deduce for ourselves, just thought i would pass it along.

Cactus Jax
08-20-2004, 12:21 PM
I can take the info as some truth as most of it has been reported anyways. Not sure about how Carlisle can HATE him, and even if he did there's got to be a reason.

indygeezer
08-20-2004, 12:29 PM
"management hates me"= I suck and need somebody to blame.

diego
08-20-2004, 12:38 PM
thats kind of how i felt about the He hates me reference but i wasnt going to say anything and insult him. But i agree, thats a crap workers response to why they get move ahead in a company usually.

Vicious Tyrant
08-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Hey, maybe Pollard can have the Pacers put "He Hate Me" on the back of his uniform! Worked for Rod What'shisname in the NFL. :laugh:

diego
08-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Rod Smart

Kegboy
08-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Well yesterday, Conrad's QOD was about if we were done for the summer or not, and his impression was that we're not done, but it's only going to be small moves. I got the impression he was talking about Pollard, but who knows.

As for my opinion, it's sad to see a guy fall flat on his face like Scot did last year, and maybe a new setting would be good for him. That said, unless the team has lost all faith in him, I would really rather not lose him considering Shaq's come over.

Doug
08-20-2004, 01:30 PM
It's easy to see why Foster would be any coaches' favorite: He hustles all the time, does the little things, and accepts any role given to him. He seems to be very low maintenance.

I'm not saying that Scot hasn't done those same things. In fact, I kind of though of Scot "like Foster, only beefier". But he sure did not show he could contribute last year. Not at all.

Vicious Tyrant
08-20-2004, 01:35 PM
The whole Pollard-flop situation seems so weird to me. I know its probably been said before, but I was dumbfounded last season at how poor his play was. I didn't expect him to replace Brad, but I don't understand how he was SO awful.

Maybe his skills just don't match Carlisle's system? :confused:

Kegboy
08-20-2004, 01:41 PM

Unless his back really screwed him up, I think this is the only explanation. He excelled in a free-wheeling read-and-react system. Not to insult the guy's intelligence, but I get the impression he's not cut out for the "thinking" that's involved to play in Carlisle's structure.

Ultimate Frisbee
08-20-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm guessing Pollard is outta here based on all the things we've heard and some surprising interest in him

Roy Munson
08-20-2004, 03:40 PM

Unless his back really screwed him up, I think this is the only explanation. He excelled in a free-wheeling read-and-react system. Not to insult the guy's intelligence, but I get the impression he's not cut out for the "thinking" that's involved to play in Carlisle's structure.

I wonder if you ever really watched him when he played for the Kings. I would hardly call what he was doing out there "excelling". In fact, I thought he was awful then. Really awful Pacer fans sort of made the assumption that if he was traded for B. Miller, then those two must be pretty similar players. Hardly. The only things similar about B. Miller and Pollard are salaries.

beast23
08-20-2004, 04:27 PM
What I remember about Pollard is from watching him in the playoffs the year before we acquired him.

He was left open on the baseline for short 8-10 foot shots and knocked them down.

He also seemed to always be around the ball under the boards, keeping the ball alive.

I didn't expect him to be a world-beater, but I did expect him to be more aggressive around the basket in running down rebounds. And I did expect him to hit wide-open chip shots.

To date, he has done neither.

If another team is interested in Pollard and we can package him to get a serviceable front-court player in return, then the trade is a no-brainer.

jfisher
08-20-2004, 05:46 PM
you guys all hate me....that's why I never post....

McKeyFan
08-20-2004, 05:54 PM
you guys all hate me....that's why I never post....

Good one. :laugh:

McKeyFan
08-20-2004, 05:58 PM
This is all stuff we've heard, but it does confirm a couple of things.

One, that Bender really is the bomb in practice. I had wondered if that was just fluff to inflate his trade worth. But this report also confirms the "puss" factor, which is exactly what always seemed to be the case. All the talent in the world can't get beyond the puss factor.

Also, I can see that second team dogging the first team. We were pretty deep. Of course, having been a member of the "B" team during my playing days, you have to take those wins for what their worth. :rolleyes:

MSA2CF
08-20-2004, 07:08 PM
:sleep:

Pollard--whut?

:sleep:

SoupIsGood
08-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Bender's gonna toughen up this year and wait till the playoffs to get hurt.

ChicagoJ
08-21-2004, 01:10 AM
Pollard had a big game in Conseco Fieldhouse, and appearantly fooled a lot of Pacers fans into believing he could play. It amazes me that some are still in denial... unless he's in the *perfect* situation he's an imposter. His game is in decline, he'll never again be as "good" as he was last season.

Bball
08-21-2004, 02:40 AM
Pollard had a big game in Conseco Fieldhouse, and appearantly fooled a lot of Pacers fans into believing he could play. It amazes me that some are still in denial... unless he's in the *perfect* situation he's an imposter. His game is in decline, he'll never again be as "good" as he was last season.

Damn... I was thinking he couldn't possibly be as bad as he was last season...

:(

-Bball

DisplacedKnick
08-21-2004, 11:22 AM
The only things similar about B. Miller and Pollard are salaries.

Pollard and Miller's salaries are hardly similar. $67 million for 7 years is a far cry from $15 million for three.

I should probably let this go (or leave it for Peck). First, Pollard's is more like 18 million for 3.

Second, would you rather pay 5.7 million for a guy who can't get off the bench or 7.8 million for an all-star center?

Sollozzo
08-21-2004, 12:15 PM
I'd rather pay 7.8 for an allstar center, instead of paying 5.7 for a bum that can't get off the bench, but that's just me.

That trade was horrible, there isnt any other way to put it.

MSA2CF
08-21-2004, 01:17 PM
That trade was horrible, there isnt any other way to put it.

:rolleyes: