PDA

View Full Version : Artest article in Dime magazine

SoupIsGood
08-19-2004, 08:12 PM
I'm proud of Ron for acheiving his goal of being the best defense player in the world. I'm starting to really hope that Donnie and Larry give him one more year before they decide if he is to be traded.

Unclebuck
08-20-2004, 09:58 AM
ďItís funny because me and him are so much alike,Ē Jermaine OíNeal tells me. ďI might be one of the most volatile guys around. But itís how you target and how you contain the anger. [Ron] has such a burning sensation to be the best. Heís a different guy because he works in excellence. Heís a guy that really believes he should play one way and one way only and thatís hard as hell, out-play the guy thatís playing in front of him not only offensively but stop him on defense. And thereís very few in this league that think that way. So Iím extremely happy to have a guy like him. And Iím happy that heís just playing the game this year, not letting any extra stuff sidetrack him, and heís getting all the notice he deserves.Ē

I hope J.O. meant what he was quoted as saying

McKeyFan
08-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Ron Artest is an extraordinary human being. Quite well-rounded.

I like JO's comment about "he deals in excellence." That rings true. I see Artest at different level--a higher level--than almost the entire league. I'd be interested to hear if he is working hard over the summer. His shot improved a bit last year. If he can get even more consistent from the outside, watch out. He could truly deal in excellence at a level approaching Jordan, IMO. I think he has that kind of potential.

SoupIsGood
08-20-2004, 06:28 PM
It'd be nice if Artest could become a slightly better scorer. He averaged 20 when we won, and 14 when we lost, so that tells me a lot of our success hinges on him playing well. If he could develop a good outside/3-point shot, it would help our team tremendously.

Anthem
08-20-2004, 08:53 PM
So you believe that some of your off-court problems as well as your technicals and fines played a part in you not receiving the award in the í02-Ď03 season?

ďI think so. But I think they did right by not giving it to me because you donít really want somebody like that representing the trophy.

I liked that a lot.