PDA

View Full Version : Pat McAfee likes to party...

travmil
10-20-2010, 07:31 AM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20101020/SPORTS03/101020001/Colts-punter-arrested-for-public-intoxication?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

Colts punter McAfee
arrested for public
intoxication

Written by

Star report

Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee was
arrested for public intoxication this
morning.

According to The Star's news-gathering
partner, WTHR (Channel 13), Indianapolis
Metropolitan Police were called the Water
Company Canal at Broad Ripple and
College shortly before 5 a.m. after a report
of a man swimming in the canal.

A 911 call was received about 4:45 a.m.
this morning, according to WTHR, from a
woman who said a wet, shirtless man tried
to get into her car at a traffic signal at
Broad Ripple Avenue. Police later found
McAfee in the area, shirtless and soaking
wet, WTHR reports, and arrested the Colts
player for public intoxication. Police say he
fully cooperated with them, the station
reported.

McAfee was taken to the Adult Processing
Center downtown. It was not immediately
known whether he has posted bail.

McAfee played his college ball at West
Virginia. He was drafted by the Colts in the
7th round in 2009.

====================================

Heard this on Bob and Tom on the way to work this morning. At least he wasn't makin' it rain at a strip club like another well known West Virginia product.

Slick Pinkham
10-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Was it a nice night for swimming in a canal? Maybe he needed to cool off from the sweltering mid-October heat.

SMosley21
10-20-2010, 08:10 AM
I could honestly care less if he went swimming the canal or not. Sure he was drunk but he was in no way a danger to anyone else. The part about a lady saying he tried to enter her car was most likely nothing more than him walking towards her car and saying (while shivering like a dog crapping razor blades) "can you give me a ride?". I highly doubt he was actually physically attempting to open her car door and get inside. The guy isn't aggressive like that at all. Hopefully the team doesn't go off the deep end and release the kid over this.

travmil
10-20-2010, 08:11 AM
For our out of town readers, the canal they are referring to is an absolutley filthy ditch of water that has been crapped under by a constant goose infestation. I bet Pat smelled like a wet dog when he got out.

Trader Joe
10-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Yeah the most disgusting part about this is wondering what sort of bacteria McAfee subjected himself to.

duke dynamite
10-20-2010, 08:55 AM
It was hazing.

travmil
10-20-2010, 09:31 AM
It was hazing.

Well, it sounds like his teammates pulled of a Houdini level disappearing act then.

SoupIsGood
10-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Ugh, that is nasty.

Slick Pinkham
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Somebody needs to check and see if the story leads off the next local news shows, like the Lance Stevenson, Brandon Rush, Jamaal Tinsley, et. al stories did.

Sollozzo
10-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Somebody needs to check and see if the story leads off the next local news shows, like the Lance Stevenson, Brandon Rush, Jamaal Tinsley, et. al stories did.

Well it is the top story on indystar.com and wthr.com....

Regardless, a second year punter getting sauced in public isn't going to nick the 12 years of goodwill that one of the greatest QB's of all time has built here. Manning is the Colts right now. Most people (even diehard Colts fans like myself) probably wouldn't recognize Macafee and a large percentage of the players if they walked by them on the street. That's a big difference than guys like JO, Artest, Jax, Tinsley (players who were the central pieces of the team and easily recognizable) getting into trouble.

Since86
10-20-2010, 12:54 PM
I think it's pretty damn funny, myself.

With it being their bye week, and so many injuries, I bet they got quite a few days off. As long as he isn't driving, or commiting any other crimes other than just being drunk in public, I don't care.

I heard on 1070 this morning that he had a BAC of 0.15. Must not be much of a drinker, if that makes you drunk enough to jump in that kind of water.

xBulletproof
10-20-2010, 04:04 PM
I've read (and heard) a couple of things, and I never saw them say how he got wet, just that he was. Has anyone confirmed he jumped in the canal?

vapacersfan
10-20-2010, 04:10 PM
I've read (and heard) a couple of things, and I never saw them say how he got wet, just that he was. Has anyone confirmed he jumped in the canal?

I only saw the news on ESPN, but it sounded like when the LEO asked him why he was wet he responded verbally "I went for a swim"

What a thug!

JBones19
10-20-2010, 04:41 PM
"Pacer fan Pat McAfee arrested, News at 11..."

Basketball Fan
10-20-2010, 10:52 PM

It was the lead story but there's no outrage over it because the Colts suspended him for a game(which I find to be posturing since they did nothing to Fili Moala who had a DUI in the offseason at least McAfee didn't hurt anyone)

travmil
10-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Lookin' good there Pat.

http://cmsimg.indystar.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BG&Date=20101020&Category=PROMO&ArtNo=101020012&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0

Since86
10-21-2010, 12:39 PM
It was the lead story but there's no outrage over it because the Colts suspended him for a game(which I find to be posturing since they did nothing to Fili Moala who had a DUI in the offseason at least McAfee didn't hurt anyone)

I was listening to Dan Datkich earlier, and he addressed this. After the first 3 incidents, the team went on a zero tolerance policy saying enough was enough. So every Colt knew the next guy in trouble was getting atleast a game.

Trader Joe
10-21-2010, 04:18 PM
So who's gonna punt for us?

PacerDude
10-21-2010, 08:25 PM
After the first 3 incidents, the team went on a zero tolerance policy saying enough was enough. So every Colt knew the next guy in trouble was getting at least a game.Next man up !! (twss)