PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the agressiveness???

RWB
10-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Maybe I'm old school but once again I thought we should have tried to run the ball and force the Redskins to use their timeouts. Seems like a reoccurring theme with this team and clock management.

Somewhere I would prefer a little agressiveness is let Peyton try some of these 4 and 2 situations instead Vinitari trying anything over 45 yards. The guy does not have the same ability anymore and hopefully the Colts will looking for a new field goal kicker next year.

Has Kevin Moore been dropped yet? :mad:

Not all is doom and gloom on special teams. Coverage has been pretty decent and Hank Baskett is no longer here to muff things. :D

Bball
10-18-2010, 05:22 PM
I would've ran on 1st and 2nd down in that scenario... force the 'skins to use their timeouts. On 3rd down I would've played the hand I was dealt with what I got the 1st two downs. If I was staring at 10 yards I'd probably go to the air on a 'safe' pass play. If I was a couple of yards from the 1st down marker I would've opened the playbook for about anything.

I can understand we don't have a lot of faith in our running game and feel we might do better throwing... OTOH... for a team that doesn't have much faith in their running game we sure seem to run a lot on 3rd and one... and get it stuffed for no gain or a loss. IOW, we seem awfully predictable in that scenario. But with that end of game scenario it seems we could've played the clock more and put more pressure on Washington.

IOW... I agree with you... :D

vapacersfan
10-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Surprisingly enough, I had this discussion but for the other team.

I was FURIOUS about the sweep play that was called on 3rd and 1, when we had been picking up yardage up the middle and DM is 100% on QB sneaks all season.

I did think that last series was weird by yall, but I also think yalls coach was afriad of a fumble with the way things were going. Granted if you complete one of those passes this thread doesnt exist and you guys just take a knee and the game is over.