PDA

View Full Version : David Garrard's wife gives coaches advice

Basketball Fan
10-15-2010, 03:32 PM
http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2010-10-15/story/jaguars-notebook-quarterbacks-wife-runs-audible

Jaguars Notebook: Quarterback's wife runs audible
Posted: October 14, 2010 - 10:53pm | Updated: October 15, 2010 - 12:00am

* Photos
* Video

BOB SELF/The Times-Union
Jaguars quarterback David Garrard (9) scrambles during the fourth quarter of the Jaguars’ 36-26 victory over the Bills on Sunday in Orchard Park, N.Y.

Related: Titans coach Jeff Fisher doesn't see EverBank Field as home away from home
Ultimate Jaguars app for your smart phone
Don't miss a second of the action when you're away from your computer. Download our Ultimate Jaguars app by texting "jags app" to 724665.
- Android
- Blackberry
- iPhone/iPod Touch (coming soon)
- Palm WebOS -
Windows Mobile

Get the Jacksonville.com news app.
Advertisement
By Vito Stellino

Mary Garrard isn't shy about giving advice to the Jaguars' coaches in a joking manner.

Offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter and quarterback coach Mike Shula were at a recent birthday party for the Jaguars quarterback's son, Justin, when David Garrard suggested his wife give them her views.

"I said, 'Here's a great time to tell the coaches what you've been trying to tell me.' She was laughing with them and joking with them, and they know Mary. They know how she is and the competitor she is. It was more joking than anything," David Garrard said. "She knows I like to move around and run around a little bit more. She was just saying we've got to see that some more and see you running around a little bit. Not that she was coaching up our coaches or anything."

Garrard said his wife has been watching him play since he was a sophomore in college at East Carolina.

"My wife is very into the game. She understands the game," Garrard said.

pacer4ever
10-15-2010, 03:37 PM
they talked about this last week during the game in was funny