PDA

View Full Version : Per Conrad: TJ to be primary backup in tonight's game

BPump33
10-15-2010, 12:51 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/countdown_101015.html

Collison, Posey face former teammates

By Conrad Brunner | Oct. 15, 2010
Counting down to tonight's game against the New Orleans Hornets in Conseco Fieldhouse ...

Darren Collison and James Posey will face their former Hornets teammates for the first time since the three-team trade that brought them to the Pacers in August. Collison was a first-team all-rookie selection for the Hornets last year, averaging 12.4 points and 5.7 assists. Posey spent two years with the Hornets, appearing in 152 games (two starts), averaging 7.0 points.

Collison has settled in nicely as the starting point guard, averaging 13.0 points and 3.3 assists, shooting .463 overall in 25.0 minutes in four preseason games. His turnover number is a little too high (3.0) and his assist number a little low and he has not provided the consistent ball pressure on defense Coach Jim O'Brien wants but overall is adapting well to the new system and responsibilities.

Posey has yet to find his stroke, shooting 2-of-14 overall, 2-of-13 from the 3-point line in four appearances. But that hasn't shaken O'Brien's confidence in the veteran's ability to be a major factor off the bench with his experience, defensive tenacity and timely shooting.

After missing the first four preseason games with a hamstring strain, T.J. Ford will return for the Pacers tonight and step in as Collison's primary backup. The Hornets will be without standout forward David West (wrist).

This is the last home game of the preseason for the Pacers (1-3) so after tonight you won't get to see them in person until the regular-season home opener on Saturday, Oct. 30 against Philadelphia. The Pacers close out their preseason schedule with games next week at Minnesota (Tuesday) and Chicago (Friday).

New Orleans (1-2) is coming off a 90-76 victory over Miami on Wednesday night, though the Heat played without LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

Tonight's game marks the start of the Hornets' longest road trip of the season: five games in seven days, including a 10 a.m. tipoff in Charlotte on Oct. 20.

The Hornets have two new starters in Marco Belinelli at shooting guard and Trevor Ariza at small forward. Belinelli is the team's leading scorer in the preseason (12.3), hitting 7-of-10 from the 3-point line.

Chris Paul has averaged 26.7 minutes, 8.7 points and 7.0 assists in the preseason.

You can chat live with other fans during the game tonight beginning at 7 p.m. on Pacers.com or you can purchase tickets to watch the game in person. It will be on both TV (Fox Sports Indiana) and radio (WIBC 93 FM).

Sookie
10-15-2010, 12:54 PM
LOL..Seth called that one.

We'll see how TJ does..

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 12:57 PM
I know I am reaching here but what do you think Sookie

Possiblty showcasing TJ to infulence the Hornets to acquire him (it was said he was almost included in the Collison trade)

Wishful thinking?

CableKC
10-15-2010, 12:58 PM
How did TJ do as a backup last season?

Honestly, I can see AJ and TJ fighting for the back up PG spot until TJ is traded or is waived. As a starter that is relied upon to run the show properly with the Starters....TJ may not fit in well...but as a backup PG that is relied upon to do some scoring while running the show with the 2nd unit with passive scorers like BRush...I think that he can do a solid job....especially against the opposing Teams 2nd unit.

BPump33
10-15-2010, 12:58 PM

Possiblty showcasing TJ to infulence the Hornets to acquire him (it was said he was almost included in the Collison trade)

Wishful thinking?

Haha, maybe he can dance outside the Hornets plane and fly back with them. :D

Trophy
10-15-2010, 01:01 PM
That's really not fair for AJ who really worked hard to earn that backup PG role.

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 01:03 PM
That's really not fair for AJ who really worked hard to earn that backup PG role.

i understand but you dont know the real reason for it

maybe he just wants to get some PT for TJ since he hasnt played all preseason

Sookie
10-15-2010, 01:04 PM

Wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking. Well, wishful thinking that'll work. Maybe that's what they are trying for.

The showcasing thing is so stupid in itself. People know TJ Ford. Yea, the Hornets need a backup PG, but people know TJ's game. If they want him, they want his contract.

TJ deserves his shot, but then split the PG minutes in three, because Price shouldn't be replaced after the way he's played...and quite frankly, if TJ is anything other than god awful, he'll take AJ's place during the regular season. Whether it's deserved or not.

Trophy
10-15-2010, 01:05 PM
i understand but you dont know the real reason for it

maybe he just wants to get some PT for TJ since he hasnt played all preseason

I understand giving TJ time in preseason, but it's been said that he may be the backup during the regular season.

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 01:08 PM
TJ deserves his shot, but then split the PG minutes in three, because Price shouldn't be replaced after the way he's played...and quite frankly, if TJ is anything other than god awful, he'll take AJ's place during the regular season.

What makes you so sure it will go down like that?

Not to say I dont think so, but just curious why?

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 01:09 PM
I understand giving TJ time in preseason, but it's been said that he may be the backup during the regular season.

I think that was not about AJ as more it was Jim's way of saying DC will be the starter

Then again were talking about Jim , and I dont know if even Jim knows what goes on in his head

Dr. Awesome
10-15-2010, 01:11 PM
TJ deserves his shot, but then split the PG minutes in three, because Price shouldn't be replaced after the way he's played...and quite frankly, if TJ is anything other than god awful, he'll take AJ's place during the regular season.

Because Jim O'Brien has a tendency to make the exact opposite of the decision he should make.

duke dynamite
10-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Don't read into it. It's a pre-season game. It's an evaluation of skills and if/where he fits into this rotation.

Sookie
10-15-2010, 01:13 PM

Because I watched JOB dick around AJ and Josh all last season. (Countdown for when Posey replaces Josh in the starting lineup?) And it also says "Primary" backup. If it's split in 3 (not garbage time..) then I'll back off. But I expected JOB to do this in the back of my head, but at the same time I just kept saying "any reasonable person..." (Once again, this isn't a "preseason" thing. The problem is, if TJ makes a three, he'll replace AJ during the regular season. )

Dr. Awesome
10-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Don't read into it. It's a pre-season game. It's an evaluation of skills and if/where he fits into this rotation.

Because the previous seasons weren't enough?

90'sNBARocked
Because Jim O'Brien has a tendency to make the exact opposite of the decision he should make.

you know I didnt want to be the one to say it but .......:)

Since86

I would hope after two seasons they would know what TJ brings to the table.

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Because I watched JOB dick around AJ and Josh all last season. (Countdown for when Posey replaces Josh in the starting lineup?) And it also says "Primary" backup. If it's split in 3 (not garbage time..) then I'll back off. But I expected JOB to do this in the back of my head, but at the same time I just kept saying "any reasonable person..."

Wait, not a Jim fan? :)

For the record I agree 100%

CableKC
10-15-2010, 01:16 PM
TJ deserves his shot, but then split the PG minutes in three, because Price shouldn't be replaced after the way he's played...and quite frankly, if TJ is anything other than god awful, he'll take AJ's place during the regular season. Whether it's deserved or not.
This....TJ has been professional and I think that he deserves a chance to prove that he's at least as good as AJ or even better.

AJ will have his chance to get his minutes after TJ is gone...so I'm not worried.

As much as I like AJ and I want him to develop.....as a backup PG....it's arguable who is better....TJ or AJ...at least in the eyes of the Coaching Staff.

pacers74
10-15-2010, 01:18 PM
It's still preseason and they are still tinkering with their lineups. TJ might be the primary backup tonight, but that doesn't mean he is moving ahead of AJ in the rotation. We'll have to wait and see how he plays. Maybe this will force AJ to step his game even more to make sure he keeps the back up role. Competition is not always a bad thing.

BillS
10-15-2010, 01:19 PM
:banghead:

We still have people saying that when Tinsley was exiled it wasn't right and that JOB should have used all his options.

Why shouldn't TJ get some time in preseason?

If and only if JOB then benches DC and AJ in favor of a TJ who went 5-20 and had 17 turnovers, you can all jump on his rear. Until then, let them look at the team in regards to the new rotation and changes (yes, there are changes) in playing style.

Sheesh.

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Because I watched JOB dick around AJ and Josh all last season. (Countdown for when Posey replaces Josh in the starting lineup?) And it also says "Primary" backup. If it's split in 3 (not garbage time..) then I'll back off. But I expected JOB to do this in the back of my head, but at the same time I just kept saying "any reasonable person..." (Once again, this isn't a "preseason" thing. The problem is, if like I said, if TJ makes a three, he'll replace AJ during the regular season. )

LOL, not a lady using the phrase "dick around"

you crack me up , in a good way liking you more by the minute :)

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 01:22 PM

We still have people saying that when Tinsley was exiled it wasn't right and that JOB should have used all his options.

If and only if JOB then benches DC and AJ in favor of a TJ who went 5-20 and had 17 turnovers, you can all jump on his rear. Until then, let them look at the team in regards to the new rotation and changes (yes, there are changes) in playing style.

Sheesh.

Why are you banging your head against the wall?

Since86
10-15-2010, 01:23 PM

To be fair, some people still think Tinsley should be on the team......and starting.

duke dynamite
10-15-2010, 01:27 PM
I would hope after two seasons they would know what TJ brings to the table.
That's why I said, "...into this rotation." Price has done many good things this preseason. I think they know where they are with him and they're very comfortable.

Then again, we are playing the Hornets. Maybe they called up and said, "Hey, let's see what you've got in that TJ guy again, we're still interested."

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 01:28 PM
To be fair, some people still think Tinsley should be on the team......and starting.

I understand that , but for someone who claims civility , he seemed to get real upset real fast.

I dont believe anyone had posted that TJ should not get minutes in the preseason

By the way hope I can post my opinion without being thought of as an attack on anyone

Thanks

Sookie
10-15-2010, 01:28 PM

Sheesh.

As I said, it's not the "preseason" thing. TJ does deserve to get to play (Although as I said, perhaps not at the expense of AJ. )

It's the fact that I've watched JOB. If TJ is anything better than "god awful" tonight, he'll more than likely start the season as the primary backup. And that's not right.

I mean, it's actually kind of funny. "AJ's been the best player in the preseason across the board. If it continutes, of course he'll get more minutes." *benches AJ a game later*

Hicks
10-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Don't like this. What's he going to do better than AJ? He won't shoot better, he won't pass better, he might defend better. Otherwise, I don't get it beyond the possibility of showcasing and/or just seeing how he looks.

BillS
10-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Why are you banging your head against the wall?

The people already assuming that TJ will knock AJ out of the rotation for the rest of the season.

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
The people already assuming that TJ will knock AJ out of the rotation for the rest of the season.

Ok that makes sense, possibly they are thinking after last year when AJ played well and then was benched

Thanks

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Don't like this. What's he going to do better than AJ? He won't shoot better, he won't pass better, he might defend better. Otherwise, I don't get it beyond the possibility of showcasing and/or just seeing how he looks.

I think it is :

Being fair to TJ who has been a good solider
Maybe showcasing him a little
See how TJ works with some of the new aquisitions

and last but hopefull not real

play TJ and DC together

Although I agree Aj does shot better , I think TJ is the better passer and more of a "true PG" than AJ

Hicks
10-15-2010, 01:36 PM
I understand that , but for someone who claims civility , he seemed to get real upset real fast.

If someone showed me Bill's response and yours, and asked me which one wasn't promoting civility, I would pick yours. He's just showing frustration in a way that doesn't lash out at anybody, but your comment is (I think unintentionally) almost bait to cause the conversation to derail and become about the people instead of the topic.

Hicks
10-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Well, I don't know about all season, but we all know these last few games are meant to reflect our regular season rotation, and now suddenly TJ's the backup. It's not a big leap to assume Jim might still view TJ as the backup and AJ as the third string PG, given that.

pacer4ever
10-15-2010, 01:39 PM
IT'S AN OUT RAGE. how is AJ not the backup? JOB makes me mad. hopefully it is just to get his trade value up.

Sookie
10-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Ok that makes sense, possibly they are thinking after last year when AJ played well and then was benched

Thanks

yea...

Seeing how he plays in the preseason with the second unit? Yea, fine.
Showcasing him possibly? Possibly, stupid idea, but it's possible. (And even if we were to trade TJ to New Orleans, what would we take back? Not sure how the money would fit.)

I should back off, yet again..and wait for Jimmy to do the stupid thing I expect him to do, before I get upset at him for it. :laugh:

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 01:40 PM
If someone showed me Bill's response and yours, and asked me which one wasn't promoting civility, I would pick yours. He's just showing frustration in a way that doesn't lash out at anybody, but your comment is (I think unintentionally) almost bait to cause the conversation to derail and become about the people instead of the topic.

ok,

thanks cause I dont want to bait anyone, in fact Im trying to work on myself

I just got into troubble at work becasue someone went back to my GM and said I dropped a few "F Bombs' at work :(

I was like "no f'in way ":)

Mackey_Rose
10-15-2010, 01:42 PM

Seriously. Insert obligatory Star Trek face palm pic.

I truly hope it is showcasing, because haven't we seen enough to TJ to know that he isn't a viable point guard for this team? Starter or backup? I have seen enough to know that anyway.

Psyren
10-15-2010, 01:43 PM
As said above, I hope that this is nothing more than a so called "test run" just to see how TJ looks.

AJ has been fine in the preseason, and he's allegedly not even 100%. Putting TJ in behind Darren makes no sense to me.

Handoverfist
10-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Maybe they don't want to place to many minutes on AJ coming off an knee injury.

Sookie
10-15-2010, 02:01 PM
I think it is :

Being fair to TJ who has been a good solider
Maybe showcasing him a little
See how TJ works with some of the new aquisitions

and last but hopefull not real

play TJ and DC together

Although I agree Aj does shot better , I think TJ is the better passer and more of a "true PG" than AJ

Just...no...

TJ's better at passing to the other team. And his little free throw jumper is better.

And playing TJ and DC together that's a nightmare right there. (yes, let's play two tiny ball dominant PGs who aren't completely comfortable in the system..together)

TJ seems like a good person. And maybe in a different system he'd pass better and make better decisions with the ball (although..I think he's just a poor decision maker, personally) And I wish him well. I just don't want to watch him play any longer.

Justin Tyme
10-15-2010, 02:02 PM
It's still preseason and they are still tinkering with their lineups. TJ might be the primary backup tonight, but that doesn't mean he is moving ahead of AJ in the rotation. We'll have to wait and see how he plays. Maybe this will force AJ to step his game even more to make sure he keeps the back up role. Competition is not always a bad thing.

Absolutely, plus Ford needs some PT b4 the reg season starts.

BillS
10-15-2010, 02:03 PM
AJ has been fine in the preseason, and he's allegedly not even 100%.

There's the rub. If something happens to set AJ back physically (and, Lord knows, that is always a possibility with this team) it would be nice to have some preseason time to show what (if anything) TJ can do in the rotation.

Really, I think we're seeing another consequence of JOB speaking in absolutes. "The last three games will reflect our rotation" vs. "The last three games will, with some exceptions, reflect our rotation".

I'd like to get a reference to the full quote in context, I've lost it.

pacer4ever
10-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Just...no...

TJ's better at passing to the other team. And his little free throw jumper is better.

And playing TJ and DC together that's a nightmare right there. (yes, let's play two tiny ball dominant PGs who aren't completely comfortable in the system..together)

TJ seems like a good person. And maybe in a different system he'd pass better and make better decisions with the ball (although..I think he's just a poor decision maker, personally) And I wish him well. I just don't want to watch him play any longer.

lol ya TJ is a turnover machine he is a really really poor man's Allen Iverson.

Speed
10-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Obie told TJ he'd get a fair shot to earn a spot in the rotation behind DC, this is it. No more, no less. He's just keeping his word, I believe.

Since86
10-15-2010, 02:07 PM

If only Jim didn't have a history of doing just that.........

History does seem to repeat itself.

Since86
10-15-2010, 02:08 PM
He's just keeping his word, I believe.

That's a first. Just wish that was the case when he came in talking tough about playing time is dictated by practice. If you don't practice, you don't play. *cough*JO*cough*

Speed
10-15-2010, 02:13 PM
That's a first. Just wish that was the case when he came in talking tough about playing time is dictated by practice. If you don't practice, you don't play. *cough*JO*cough*

I'd bet we are 4 or 5 - TJ jumps in the air with no where to go after breaking the offense - from TJ headed back to the bench, so basically by the end of the 3rd quarter tonight. :)

Also, I wouldn't put it past Obie to play TJ AND AJ tonight with AJ playing a wing ala Jarret Jack/Luther Head. Dude loves his small ball.

Would anyone be shocked if the 2nd team tonight was TJ, AJ, Paul George, Posey and Jeff? I wouldn't!

Sookie
10-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Obie told TJ he'd get a fair shot to earn a spot in the rotation behind DC, this is it. No more, no less. He's just keeping his word, I believe.

And that's fair. But just once again, how well does TJ have to play to earn his spot over AJ?

Because when Obie says things like "Price has been out best player across the board. Never has a bad practice ect.." And then gets benched..what exactly is AJ supposed to do in order to gain playing time? Most players would assume they'd get playing time if their coach believes they've been playing better than anyone else on the team, and they "never have a bad practice." And I'm only saying that's a possibility now because it is what happened last year. (Except it was "outplays vet PGs in practice" then "outplays vet PGs in games." and yet..)

flox
10-15-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm excited to see him play tonight. If he returns to his level of play before the concussion we should have a very interesting point guard battle!

Speed
10-15-2010, 02:23 PM
And that's fair. But just once again, how well does TJ have to play to earn his spot over AJ?

Because when Obie says things like "Price has been out best player across the board. Never has a bad practice ect.." And then gets benched..what exactly is AJ supposed to do in order to gain playing time? Most players would assume they'd get playing time if their coach believes they've been playing better than anyone else on the team, and they "never have a bad practice."

Same guy who said Magnum role was the best player, by far, pre summer league pratice.

Same guy who said AJ was the steal of the draft with a horizon that projected to starter on a very good team...then benched him....then called him a 'back up' point guard in the offseason....then said he was the best player in training camp....now?

Same guy who praised Tinsley, then exiled him, then later when asked about praising him, admitted "what else was I gonna say at the time"

Said TJ was in for a big year during last years training camp. (kinda not his fault, I guess, if TJ really looked good in practice)

I mean I understand things are fluid and change, but man sometimes I wonder about what he says.

Interesting side note, I saw someone from our board asked Grady at 1070thefan about the Jim O'Brien show this year (Duke or Peck, maybe, via Twitter) and MG didn't think they were going to have a show this year....doesn't surprise me. Kinda sucks though, he'd speak pretty frankly on the show, whether you believed him or not well... (btw, blaming Duke for this for cornering him on the plus/minus deal :D

I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon to bash Obie here, but he does say different things at different times. Not sure if he's trying to motivate guys or what, but it's puzzling to me.

Speed
10-15-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm excited to see him play tonight. If he returns to his level of play before the concussion we should have a very interesting point guard battle!

:hmm:

Justin Tyme
10-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Maybe the Pacers are going to let the Hornets take a look at Ford for a possible trade for West. West is out resting his wrist tonight just in case of a trade. Hornets need a PG and can shed Wests next years thus saving them mil, and the Pacers need a big. Salaries match almost perfectly. Pacers can throw in Stephenson as a sweetner in a 2 for 1 trade to get the roster down to 15.

See what one can see if they just choose to read between the lines of the article? :D

Mackey_Rose
10-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Maybe the Pacers are going to let the Hornets take a look at Ford for a possible trade for West. West is out resting his wrist tonight just in case of a trade. Hornets need a PG and can shed Wests next years thus saving them mil, and the Pacers need a big. Salaries match almost perfectly. Pacers can throw in Stephenson as a sweetner in a 2 for 1 trade to get the roster down to 15.

See what one can see if they just choose to read between the lines of the article? :D

I see what one can see if they are flat out dreaming. That's an absurdly one-sided trade.

Trader Joe
10-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Can't we just wait it out for one preseason game before we freak out?

Eleazar
10-15-2010, 03:13 PM

Sheesh.

There is a big difference between the Tinsley situation and this situation. When Tinsley was on the team he was the best PG on the team without question. TJ on the other hand may only be the third best PG on the team. I don't think anyone will argue that TJ shouldn't play in preseason, and it is probably a good idea to make him the primary back-up for a couple of games to get him back up to speed. The problem comes is if it continues beyond just a couple of games.

Psyren
10-15-2010, 03:18 PM

:hmm: you mean, back up PG battle, right? There is no battle for starting PG.

Collison is the guy, and that's not really up for debate.

ChristianDudley
10-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Our team [coach] is so messed up...putting a player that nobody likes who doesn't fit in, who wants out of Indy, who is overpaid (T.J. Ford), to take the place of a player that has played the best out of anyone in all the preseason games that we've played in so far (A.J. Price)......Hopefully T.J. plays horribly and he'll go back to being benched the rest of the season. I mean sure it would be nice to showcase him and get him traded ASAP, but if no trade has occurred with him in it by now, then I really doubt we'll be finding one anytime soon. Play A.J.

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Just...no...

Sookie

Why "just no"

What have you seen to think AJ is a better passer than TJ? The asist numbers dont say that?

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 03:34 PM

I have dreamed that dream before

although I will say on the Hornets board on realgm, they are about 50-50 on West

Kemo
10-15-2010, 03:46 PM

And I can most certainly respect that... I may not like seeing TJ out on the floor as opposed to AJ .. but it doesn't bother me that JOB is keeping his promise to give TJ a fair shake at least .. that is admirable... as I said I can respect that . .. and by all means , TJ deserves a chance to earn his minutes...

And to be honest ... IF..... and this is a big IF .....

IF TJ comes out this season and plays like an all star , then by all means I will not complain ... if he actually EARNS his PT.. and beats AJ out..

But I really don't see that happening... TJ is a good guy .. I just don't think this team is the right fit for him ..

vnzla81
10-15-2010, 03:51 PM

So you expect TJ to be the same guy he was before the concussion, Foster to be the same guy before getting old and Dunleavy to be the same guy before the surgery?............ can we say Championship :rolleyes:

BillS
10-15-2010, 03:57 PM
So you expect TJ to be the same guy he was before the concussion, Foster to be the same guy before getting old and Dunleavy to be the same guy before the surgery?............ can we say Championship :rolleyes:

Well, then, at least TJ shouldn't have any problem beating out AJ, who will never be the same as he was before his knee injury, as we can tell from his preseason play. :rolleyes:

90'sNBARocked
10-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Well, then, at least TJ shouldn't have any problem beating out AJ, who will never be the same as he was before his knee injury, as we can tell from his preseason play. :rolleyes:

I love both of you guys use of :rolleyes:

vnzla81
10-15-2010, 04:00 PM

JOB is been saying that AJ is been the best player so far, so what is he going to do now? sit him on the bench :rolleyes:

Justin Tyme
10-15-2010, 04:02 PM
I see what one can see if they are flat out dreaming. That's an absurdly one-sided trade.

FOR WHO?

BillS
10-15-2010, 04:05 PM
JOB is been saying that AJ is been the best player so far, so what is he going to do now? sit him on the bench :rolleyes:

Sure, since no player can come back from an injury as good as he was before, that must mean AJ really isn't the best player so far. :rolleyes:

Now I'm going to have to pay :rolleyes: overtime, dang it :zip:

vnzla81
10-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Sure, since no player can come back from an injury as good as he was before, that must mean AJ really isn't the best player so far. :rolleyes:

Now I'm going to have to pay :rolleyes: overtime, dang it :zip:

You are comparing a guy that is only 24 years old with guys that are over 30 years old and one that has a genetic problem with his spinal cord? :-o

How is he going to be the same before the concussion if his issue is genetic?

flox
10-15-2010, 04:12 PM

Only two of the three are accurate. Jeff was done 2 seasons ago

vnzla81
10-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Only two of the three are accurate. Jeff was done 2 seasons ago

At least we agree in something

Brad8888
10-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Maybe a western conference team wants to see how TJ fares against the Hornets, even though it is still preseason. Who knows, CP3 might be on the court at times when TJ is played, and that might give another team an idea about where TJ currently would stack up as a combo guard in the western conference.

We can at least hope, can't we?

vnzla81
10-15-2010, 05:07 PM
FOR WHO?

NBA All Star for a back up point guard = one sided

Ozwalt72
10-15-2010, 05:12 PM
NBA All Star for a back up point guard = one sided

SARCASM DETECTOR

Fail.

vnzla81
10-15-2010, 05:16 PM
SARCASM DETECTOR

Fail.

:confused:

TheDon
10-15-2010, 06:25 PM

Did you type that with a straight face? I had a pretty good laugh after the first sentence.

Anthem
10-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Price shouldn't be replaced after the way he's played...
Once AJ had a bad game, I figured TJ would get a shot.

pacer4ever
10-15-2010, 10:46 PM
TJ is awful he is doing the same thing as last year. Did you see DC diving on the floor. TJ would never do that he looked like he is just going 1/2 speed where DC is going 120%all the time so is jmac. I think he needs to ride the pine till the allstar break and maybe someone is hurt for a contender and they will take him.

Bball
10-16-2010, 12:31 AM
There is a big difference between the Tinsley situation and this situation. When Tinsley was on the team he was the best PG on the team without question. TJ on the other hand may only be the third best PG on the team. I don't think anyone will argue that TJ shouldn't play in preseason, and it is probably a good idea to make him the primary back-up for a couple of games to get him back up to speed. The problem comes is if it continues beyond just a couple of games.

Tinsley was both the best PG on the team and the worst PG on the team.

pacer4ever
10-16-2010, 12:37 AM
Tinsley was both the best PG on the team and the worst PG on the team.

no JTinsley was a hell of a player dont forget that. He was by far the best PG on the team (till he got fat)