PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Day at the Indy Zoo! (Meet players)

Smoothdave1
10-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Just an FYI as the Pacers will be hosting Pacers Day at the Zoo on Saturday 10/16/2010 with appearances and opportunities to meet Danny, Roy, Ford, Dunleavy, Price, Foster and George.

See the link and more info below: www.nba.com/pacers/news/zoo_boo_101014.html

Indiana Pacers Day at the Zoo

WHAT

Indianapolis Zoo’s Halloween ZooBoo presented by AT&T Real Yellow Pages featuring the Indiana Pacers

The Indiana Pacers will host “Pacers Day at the Zoo,” Saturday, Oct. 16 at ZooBoo at the Indianapolis Zoo. Pacers players and personalities will be on hand for the Reading TimeOut Tipoff, the Elephant Show, the Dolphin Show and Public Reading Sessions.

WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 16, 2:00 – 7:00 p.m.

Timeline of Day:

2:00 – 3:10 p.m. Reading TimeOut Tipoff Dolphin Gallery

Mike Dunleavy, T.J. Ford, A.J. Price, Chris Denari, Stacy Paetz and Indiana Pacemate Kayla, as well as Indiana Superintendent of Public Schools, Dr. Tony Bennett. NOTE: Not open to the public; special students/children from Big Brothers & Big Sisters, Day Nursery and 100 Black Men will participate with the Pacers.

3:00 – 4:00 p.m. FanPhotos North Pavillion

Mike Dunleavy, T.J. Ford and A.J. Price photos

4:00 – 4:30 p.m. Elephant Show Dean’s Arena

Jeff Foster and Paul George

4:30 – 5:00 p.m. Dolphin Show Dolphin Gallery

Danny Granger and Roy Hibbert

4:30 – 5:30 p.m. Fan Photos North Pavilion

Jeff Foster and Paul George

5:00 – 6:00 p.m. Fan Photos North Pavilion

Danny Granger and Roy Hibbert

5:00 – 5:20 p.m. Reading Session 2 Dolphin Gallery

Indiana Pacemates

5:20 – 6:00 p.m. Autograph/Photo Session North Pavilion

Indiana Pacemates

6:00 – 6:20 p.m. Reading Session 3 Dolphin Gallery

Walter McCarty and Darnell Hillman

*All events except the Reading TimeOut Tipoff are open to the general public. All players are subject to change.

WHERE

Indianapolis Zoo

All media will need to enter through the Pulliam Center (administration building immediately west of the Main Entrance to the Zoo). Ask for Meg Magsamen at the security desk. Parking for media is available at the Pulliam Center.

Smoothdave1
10-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Don't forget this is today!!!

joeyd
10-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! The family is going.

ChristianDudley
10-16-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm glad the Pacers are doing this. It is a great community thing and a great thing for families to get together and go do. Too bad I don't live in Indy.

BornReady
10-16-2010, 12:11 PM
I want a picture of Hibbert next to a giraffe

Kid Minneapolis
10-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Dang, missed it by a day hehe... took the kid to ZooBoo last night.

joeyd
10-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Let me just say that Foster and Paul George are good sports. Was very funny to see the guys ride an elephant (yes, they rode an elephant). They stuck around afterward to meet and greet fans and also posed for pictures in the elephant paddock. The PA announcer was kind of clueless. Referred to the players being on the "Indianapolis Pacers" and referred to Paul George as "George."

MagicRat
10-17-2010, 08:47 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ufVVhqa7yOY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ufVVhqa7yOY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Basketball Fan
10-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Before I moved to the place I live now I used to live a few blocks from this Zoo

joeyd
10-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow! Nice behind-the-scenes footage by MagicRat. Now that I think if it, it's "behind" the scene in more ways than one!