PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stat Line Through 3 Qts. Stanko

Hibbert
10-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Stanko Barac - 16MIN, FGM 3-5, 3REB, 2AST, 1STL, 1BLK, 6PTS and Marc Gasol - 16MIN, FGM 3-5, 3REB, 2AST, 0STL, 1BLK, 6PTS.

Caja Caja Laboral vs. Memphis Grizzlies game tonight still in action going into the 4th quarter right now.

Psyren
10-14-2010, 10:23 PM
I just don't ever think he'll ever make it here.

Oh well, I don't really care. Haven't heard any rave reviews about him at any point.

Heisenberg
10-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Y'know, Erazem Lorbek'd be pretty handy this year. He could be a solid rotational big, I just have no idea what his current contract's like or if he even has any interest in coming to the NBA, here or anywhere else. I think it's been so long people forget about him but I really think his rights could be a somewhat valuable trade chip.

Hibbert
10-14-2010, 10:34 PM
And to think Marc Gasol and Ramon Sessions were still available when we traded up to get Stanko.

Hibbert
10-14-2010, 11:00 PM
http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Conley-s-27-lead-Grizzlies-over-Caja-Laboral-707380.php
NOTES: Indiana Pacers GM Larry Bird attended the game. The Pacers have the rights to Caja Laboral 7-foot-2 center Stanko Barac. Barac was drafted 39th overall in the 2007 draft by the Miami Heat, who then sent him to the Pacers in a draft night trade.
Barac fouled out with 7:44 left in the third period. Caja Laboral's other game on the NBA tour will be against the San Antonio Spurs on Oct. 16. NBA teams are 80-10 all-time against teams from Europe and Asia. The Grizzlies are 3-1 against international teams. The loss was to Unicaja Malaga on Oct. 9, 2007.

OakMoses
10-15-2010, 12:29 PM
We don't have a back-up center next year at all since Foster and Jones will both be gone. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Stanko plays for the Pacers next year.

I should add that I know nothing of his international contract situation which may be preventative to an NBA move.

pacer4ever
10-15-2010, 12:32 PM
We don't have a back-up center next year at all since Foster and Jones will both be gone. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Stanko plays for the Pacers next year.

I should add that I know nothing of his international contract situation which may be preventative to an NBA move.

we cant get a backup center with 30mill in cap space?

Since86
10-15-2010, 12:48 PM
we cant get a backup center with 30mill in cap space?

If he has a large buyout, the Pacers would probably have to significantly overpay him to get him to come over.

The league has a rule that only $500,000 (?) can go from the team towards a buyout clause. If he has a buyout clause of 3mil, then he's going to have to put up 2.5mil of his own money. He won't be willing to do that unless he's going to make more money here, than he would overseas after he buys himself out.

I doubt it's as high as 3mil, but even if it's 1.5mil, he still has to front 1mil of his own money.

Trader Joe
10-15-2010, 04:02 PM
If he has a large buyout, the Pacers would probably have to significantly overpay him to get him to come over.

The league has a rule that only $500,000 (?) can go from the team towards a buyout clause. If he has a buyout clause of 3mil, then he's going to have to put up 2.5mil of his own money. He won't be willing to do that unless he's going to make more money here, than he would overseas after he buys himself out.

I doubt it's as high as 3mil, but even if it's 1.5mil, he still has to front 1mil of his own money.

Yeah, but P4E's point is that if we need a backup center we can just go pay on that doesn't have a buy out clause in Europe. I'll be pretty surprised if the Stank or Erazem ever wear a Pacers jersey.